JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - Do it now

Author Topic: [04/25] 「 Kanashimi Twilight 」 Morning Musume's 33rd single (promo p.6)  (Read 104998 times)

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
i saw the episode of Music Station on the 27th.  it says that the single is ranked 2nd.  is this the same one as Oricon?  i thought not since they showed it on friday and the oricon rankings doesn't end till sunday, if i'm not mistaken.  so this must be a different kind of ranking then, yes?  what kind of ranking would this be then?

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
Wasn't MS about the first day rankings?

Offline invisname

• ~Aloha Rider~
  • Member+
  • ~Aloha~
10th... well new songs would come out after and it'll slowly lose rank, its bound to happen and I'm not that concerned...

Ahh so that Event V thing is a FC only thing... after losing the ISO of their 2004 FC event DVD in a harddrive crash I was wondering if all FC tour things are DVD only and though someone told me so seeing it myself is always confirming... I guess this part is just the quiz part which was indoors and such.

I'm still waiting for my KT single with booklet.... why why did I chose standard shipping
-Sayu, Gaki, Aika Blog Translator-The Nantonaku Translations Substitute Leader -
-~LDK Random Subs~-

Offline tiny

• bananasama
  • ecchi
  • Member+
@BigDnm01: Music Station has their own ranking that start and end on different days of the week as the Oricon ranking.

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
huh... ok thanks for the info, tiny,  i guess it's a good thing they ranked 2nd on some other chart. 
just hope it'll be the same thing for oricon, although making 3rd would still kept them in their milestones achievement. 
    -having all consecutive singles in the top 10 on their debut week, the only female group to release 32 consecutive single that have ranked in the top 10,
    -all of their singles except for the first, Morning Coffee, have ranked in the top 5,
    -and the first female group to release singles ranked in the top 10 for ten consecutive years, according to oricon and wikipedia.  that is just some great feat they accomplished there.  i hope my saying this doesn't jinx it. 
:prayers:

EDIT: from my sources, KT ranked 15 on Sunday.  so i guess oricon just waiting to compile up the sales count for the entire week.... Come on KT!!! GO! GO! GO!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 01:44:07 PM by BigDnm01 »

Offline tiny

• bananasama
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Centuryland.jp staff have received an e-mail from Yomiuri: Kanashimi Twilight will be 2nd in the weekly chart with 54K sold.

http://centuryland.jp/news/html/00000215.html#20070501000000

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
WOW.  54,000 sales in the first week.  that's great. Aruiteru, they're recent #1 only sold 43,000 in the first week, and 55,000 total, according to wiki and the oricon.  even Egao Yes Nude total sales is only about 53,000.  not to mention that not all sales are counted by Oricon, but this is great.  too bad they only got 2nd, huh. 

if it wasn't for KinKi Kids, they should've gotten the top spot.  nothing against the kids, i kinda like them in fact.  i just love MoMusu more (and the fact is they're girls). 

anyway, i really do love this style of music they're doing.  i hope they could continue on with this pop/rock style more, especially with Yossi when she have her solo debut.  although i don't mind any other genre they did before, like bubblegum pop, techno/pop, kinda stuff. 

Offline RionZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
Yea seriously, fooken KinKi kids (no offense Amp ;) )

Great chart position :D

Courtesy of the best, Miichan!

Offline Blu-Cherri

• Figure of Sorrow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Figure of Loneliness
Well momusu had a sales drop previously but it looks like their sales might be going back up again.
This would be really great!! I really hope they're going up because this means more air-time(more popular artists get to talk longer) and it'd just be great all round! Hopefully Tsunku keeps learning from the sales which singles are popular and doesn't write too many songs that are icky!!
but also not a load the same, that'd suck big time!

set made by me
Here's me singing and dancing!
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=15604.0

Offline tiny

• bananasama
  • ecchi
  • Member+
From the same centuryland post I linked earlier: Morning Musume now have surpassed Pink Lady as the top selling all female group. Morning Musume have sold 11,085K (11 million 85 thousand) singles, against Pink Lady's 11,037K.

Offline RionZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
great news, MM is killin the record books :)

Courtesy of the best, Miichan!

Offline Parhelion69

• Kanashimi no RIZONANTO!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
From the same centuryland post I linked earlier: Morning Musume now have surpassed Pink Lady as the top selling all female group. Morning Musume have sold 11,085K (11 million 85 thousand) singles, against Pink Lady's 11,037K.
This is awesome!!. What's more, momosu will stay around several years more (I'm always positive), so that record will extend itself (and hopefully it'll NEVER be broken  :prayers: )

Offline ggliff

• Jump! Jump! Let's take off!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Nice one MM, 2nd for the week and top selling all female group. Great news :D

And quite right too, great song, great PV and great line-up. MM seem to be getting stronger and stronger lately.
There is a lot to like happening in MM and HP at the moment.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 09:17:33 PM by ggliff »

Offline Pinkosa

• (:
  • ecchi
  • Member+
WOW, 54k in the first week? MM are getting stronger  :heart:

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I shit my pants on a regular basis
Great news, but I'm not too optimistic on the inprovement on future sales. Obviously I'd like them to keep going up and up but I reckon Momosu really has had their hey-day and they won't reach the heights they had a few years ago. Just what I think anyway, hopefully I'm wrong.

Offline reyfer

• Member+
  • Sayumin's personal assistant
I really, really don't get it. They finally reached the 50k mark in a week for a single, merchandise sales are sky high, and yet people have to get negative about it? When Egao YES Nude came out, people were saying "look at those numbers, it will be difficult for them to sell over 50k ever again" and with this single they proved those people were wrong. The last time a MM single sold more than 50k in the first week was with Iroppoi Jirettai in 2005. I don't see a bad future for them. Sales are down for EVERY artist around the world, not only in Japan. The fact that they reached that number going against Orange Range and BoA, and with Kinki Kids in the #1 spot, tells me their popularity is not as low as some may think. And from my experience in January for the 10th anniversary concerts, their following is still HUGE.

Offline ggliff

• Jump! Jump! Let's take off!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Here here reyfer. MM can outsell against almost anyone around. Their are a very few people/groups that are just guaranteed a No1. Kinki Kids were ALWAYS going to be No1, but as you say, they beat Orange Range and BoA.

Whenever people talk about falling sales, it is never in comparison to what others are selling, just to the past. MM have held their own against all others for 10 years, and still look very strong.

Also, if the push into the Chinese market goes well, how many might they sell then, the potential is enormous (as Tsunku has rightly spotted :D ).

EDIT
Just re-read that and it might seem I was aiming that at you Cookie Holiday, but I'm not honest :heart:
Its was just a response to reyfer's post. I am really optimistic about MM & HP at the moment and had to reply and agree with his post. There are so many things I am liking happening, and good sales and top selling all female group of all time, well what more do we need to be positive? :D
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 12:33:21 AM by ggliff »

Offline nekochan

54000 first week? wow thats great!!
personally, i think morning musume is not in a bad position at all, and will only get better
i mean, its so easy to love them @@

Offline invisname

• ~Aloha Rider~
  • Member+
  • ~Aloha~
Thought not the focus of the thread lets remember their own song, Be Positive!...lol ITs awesome that they are going strong and still breaking records... trying their best and pleasing the crowds is what got them there and hopefully it'll extend beyond!... i'm still waiting for mine... I hope the US Postal Service didn't lose it... :prayers:
-Sayu, Gaki, Aika Blog Translator-The Nantonaku Translations Substitute Leader -
-~LDK Random Subs~-

Offline Linus

• Member+
Today's daily: #17

Oricon has the exact numbers already (Here I posted them):

KANASHIMI TWILIGHT
Sales: 53,551

O0

Out of their last nine singles, KT surpasses the first week of all except of Iroppoi's (Article), and here you have MM records altogether. Impressive 8)

JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - Do it now