JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sweets - on the way - yakusoku no basho he -

Author Topic: [END] memoir III: memory (I SLAYED THE BEAST!)  (Read 157010 times)

Offline almond

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • オ~マイガ~!たかみな大好き!
    • alm0nd
    • ganbanuttah
Re: [part 32] memoir III: memory (Yes, FINALLY XD)
« Reply #340 on: July 27, 2008, 06:24:11 AM »
O HAI.

Yes, I'm still alive. I've had a lot going on.  :sweatdrop: You all have no idea how much my life has changed since I started writing this monster. XD

It took me TWENTY DAMN MINUTES to post this chap on my blog and get to here. Dial-up = :thumbdown:
Quite frankly, I'm scared to open the [more] emoticons menu, so I'm limited in my usage here XD

But JFC, don't let that stop you from your epic comments! I'll open the page and go for a walk or something XD

Anyway, I won't blab on and tease you for longer! I have other outlets for my slightly sadistic teasing nature now  :wub:

------------------------------

PART 32
AYA - SEPTEMBER 21ST

I had made it all the way to the street when it started to rain. Hard.

And I needed to pee.

Badly.

I groaned and spun on my heel, turning around and heading back inside. Her door was still unlocked.

"Maki?" I glanced around the empty apartment. I quietly shut the door behind me and cautiously began walking inside. Ah! There she was, on the balcony.

I started to call out to her, but a gut feeling inside stopped me. Silently, I walked towards the sliding glass door.

She stood there silently, a cigarette dangling between her fingers as she gazed out into the night. Her eyes searching the dark cityscape for answers as she slowly took a long drag.

She exhaled. The smoke drifted up into the night, mixing with the falling rain. It was then that I noticed the tears falling unheeded down her face.

I hesitated, my hand hovering over the handle of the door. She looked over and met my eye and turned to gaze back into the rain.

I opened the door, stepping out into the cool night. The sound of the falling rain was all around me. I walked up to her and gently laid my hand upon hers as it rest upon the railing.

"You came back," she said quietly, stubbing her cigarette out.

"Maki..."

"Did you need something?" she asked casually, pulling her hand out of my grasp to roughly brush the tears away.

"What's wrong?" My eyes searched hers for answers, but she turned her face away from me.

"Nothing." I reached out and grabbed her chin, turning her to face me. I struggled not to flinch at the raw pain in her eyes.

"Don't lie to me," I said quietly.

"I can't tell you," she sighed.

"I thought we were close... well, lately at least...  and - "

"And that's why you are the one person I don't want to know."

We both fell silent and I released my grasp on her face. I looked out into the rain.

"I would like it if you felt you could tell me anything, but... I understand if you don't trust me like that, I mean - "

"I trust you," Maki interrupted me. "It's not about that... I just..."

"We've been in similar situations, you and I... Our lives are barely our own and, well... I just feel as though you understand me and maybe I understand you... I know you're a good person and - "

"I'm not," she practically spat out. "I'm not a good person. I make myself sick sometimes."

"What...?"

"I can't stop thinking about it lately. It's over and done, but I can't understand why I did what I've done... I just..." she turned her back to me and looked up at the balcony above hers. Without saying a word, without even quite knowing what I was doing, I walked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist. She leaned back into me and started to cry again.

I somehow managed to get her inside and onto the couch with me before she completely collapsed. It was strange how she cried... she wasn't sobbing... she just seemed broken, tired, uncaring of the tears streaming down her face... She sat there, leaning against me like she had no strength left, letting me hold her, comfort her.

And then she began to speak. The words flowed from her lips like they couldn't escape fast enough, like they had been aching to get out.

She told me everything... their beginning... their end... ...and what really happened that night... the night that almost destroyed my best friend's entire world... Everything she'd been keeping inside all of those years, all of those burdens she'd been shouldering alone...

I struggled with myself, trying not to express my shock, my disbelief, my pity for her... I knew that wasn't what she needed at that moment... So, I did all I could do. I held her, rubbed her back, rested my cheek against her shoulder, comforting her as best I could.

Finally the words just ran out, and she fell silent. Slowly, she got up from the couch, pulling herself out of my embrace.

"..I'm s-"

"Don't say it," I cut her off, standing up to face her. She stared at me, her eyes, still so red from crying, but not revealing a thing. "After everything you've done for me... it's the least I can do..."

"I..." she trailed off, sighing heavily.

"Thank you."

"For what?" she looked bewildered.

"For trusting me this much... I... I wish I could help... Say something, anything to make it a bit better... But... I don't know how to help when you're in love - "

"I'm not in love with her anymore," she interrupted quietly.

"...you're not?"

"No."

"Then... since when?" I asked. She turned away from me to look at the clock.

"It's late. You need your rest for work tomorrow."

"But!" I protested as she led me over to the front door.

"I'll be fine. Really." Maki gently pushed my hair out of my eyes. She smiled a little and looked into my eyes. "Thank you." Before I quite knew what was happening, she had cupped my face in her hands and gently kissed my lips.

As I was still trying to grasp what was going on, she pulled away and opened the front door. Confused and disoriented, I walked out into the hallway.

"Good night," she said softly, closing the door behind me. I blinked several times and started down the stairs to the street.

It wasn't until I reached the rain soaked pavement that I realized I had completely forgotten to use her bathroom.

-----------------------

Oh and don't give me a hard time about Maki smoking - there were pics published of her doing it  :P

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #341 on: July 27, 2008, 07:09:47 AM »
Whoohoo!
Almond-sama is back! XD Ha~ppy!!!
Something about Maki smoking is somehow....alluring. Just seems kinda hot. And I am not a smoking fan at all. But her crying is :cry: They are kinda similar, Aya and Maki. Their professional lives as well as personal lives. I'm glad that Maki confided in her, though. She was just hurting herself by keeping it all in. Cute that they kinda have an understanding and closeness with each other. I :lol: when Aya forgot to use the bathroom! Duh, whole reason she went back up!
I think I'm gonna have to go back and read because I kinda forgot what was happening. :D

Offline heyyouhiya

• Yossisexual
  • Member+
« Reply #342 on: July 27, 2008, 07:50:46 AM »
Yay~ update! update! update! *dances*
This chapter was awesome...and sad
But omg yessss~ they kissed~~~

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #343 on: July 27, 2008, 09:03:17 AM »
Maki's in love with Aya  :wub: and sooner or later Aya will get laid and Yossie will  :muffin:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #344 on: July 27, 2008, 09:06:47 AM »
Man, I was just about to head to sleepy-land too.  :lol:

Quite frankly, I'm scared to open the [more] emoticons menu, so I'm limited in my usage here XD

But JFC, don't let that stop you from your epic comments! I'll open the page and go for a walk or something XD
Being stuck on dail-up is major suxxors, but yeah...it probably wouldn't have stopped me from using a bunch of emoticons anyway.
:mon sweat:

Let's see, Miki's still trying to get Aya and Maki to hook up, right? :D

I had made it all the way to the street when it started to rain. Hard.

And I needed to pee.

Badly.
:mon spit:

:hip blink:

:on lol:

That was one HELL of a way to start off the comeback chapter. :bow:

She stood there silently, a cigarette dangling between her fingers as she gazed out into the night. Her eyes searching the dark cityscape for answers as she slowly took a long drag.

She exhaled. The smoke drifted up into the night, mixing with the falling rain. It was then that I noticed the tears falling unheeded down her face.
Cigarette =  :on_puddle:
Tears =  :hip aww:

"What's wrong?" My eyes searched hers for answers, but she turned her face away from me.

"Nothing." I reached out and grabbed her chin, turning her to face me. I struggled not to flinch at the raw pain in her eyes.

"Don't lie to me," I said quietly.

"I can't tell you," she sighed.

"I thought we were close... well, lately at least...  and - "

"And that's why you are the one person I don't want to know."
Aya's obviously concerned for her friend, and wants to help out if she can. Maki's reluctance to tell her gives the impression that whatever it is that's bothering her, Aya is somehow involved or connected to it (directly or indirectly), and she probably doesn't want to be a bother to or risk upsetting Aya as well.

"We've been in similar situations, you and I... Our lives are barely our own and, well... I just feel as though you understand me and maybe I understand you... I know you're a good person and - "

"I'm not," she practically spat out. "I'm not a good person. I make myself sick sometimes."

"What...?"
Eh? :O

"I can't stop thinking about it lately. It's over and done, but I can't understand why I did what I've done... I just..." she turned her back to me and looked up at the balcony above hers. Without saying a word, without even quite knowing what I was doing, I walked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist. She leaned back into me and started to cry again.
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooh...wow.

Is this about what happened (or more importantly, what ALMOST happened) on that night that Maki came across Yossi when she was sloshed off her ass?

I somehow managed to get her inside and onto the couch with me before she completely collapsed. It was strange how she cried... she wasn't sobbing... she just seemed broken, tired, uncaring of the tears streaming down her face... She sat there, leaning against me like she had no strength left, letting me hold her, comfort her.

And then she began to speak. The words flowed from her lips like they couldn't escape fast enough, like they had been aching to get out.

She told me everything... their beginning... their end... ...and what really happened that night... the night that almost destroyed my best friend's entire world... Everything she'd been keeping inside all of those years, all of those burdens she'd been shouldering alone...
:pen_cry:

It doesn't really hit you that hard until you realize that she's been alone all this time. For whatever reason, Maki hasn't been able to let herself be in a relationship because of what happened between her and Yossi.

Finally the words just ran out, and she fell silent. Slowly, she got up from the couch, pulling herself out of my embrace.

"..I'm s-"

"Don't say it," I cut her off, standing up to face her. She stared at me, her eyes, still so red from crying, but not revealing a thing. "After everything you've done for me... it's the least I can do..."
Sometimes, all you need is an ear to listen. Aya obviously can't fix what happened, but at least now, Maki doesn't have to hide/keep everything to herself.

"Thank you."

"For what?" she looked bewildered.

"For trusting me this much... I... I wish I could help... Say something, anything to make it a bit better... But... I don't know how to help when you're in love - "

"I'm not in love with her anymore," she interrupted quietly.

"...you're not?"
Oh? :o

"No."

"Then... since when?" I asked. She turned away from me to look at the clock.

"It's late. You need your rest for work tomorrow."

"But!" I protested as she led me over to the front door.
Oh, has she? Has she? HAS SHE??? :w00t:

"I'll be fine. Really." Maki gently pushed my hair out of my eyes. She smiled a little and looked into my eyes. "Thank you." Before I quite knew what was happening, she had cupped my face in her hands and gently kissed my lips.
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
 :mon lovelaff:

As I was still trying to grasp what was going on, she pulled away and opened the front door. Confused and disoriented, I walked out into the hallway.

"Good night," she said softly, closing the door behind me. I blinked several times and started down the stairs to the street.
Maki =  :mon kissy:
Aya =  :mon ko:

It wasn't until I reached the rain soaked pavement that I realized I had completely forgotten to use her bathroom.
Something tells me Aya's going to be preoccupied with something else for a while. :yep:

Oh and don't give me a hard time about Maki smoking - there were pics published of her doing it :P
Yeah, but I still stand by my assertion that it's
 :on_puddle:

:mon loveflower:

Now is Aya going to tell Miki what happened? ;D

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline sweeety

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #345 on: July 27, 2008, 10:12:11 AM »
sucked in Aya! lol.

Almond sama is back!  :onioncheer: :onioncheer: :onioncheer: :onioncheer: :onioncheer:

omg! So sad! And awesome!
 :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow::bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow::bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow::bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow::bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow::bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow::bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow::bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow::bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow::bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
I have a porcupine called zazoom, he leaves his scent on peoples' graves.

Offline anammm

• のぼせてた
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • KamenRenja
« Reply #346 on: July 29, 2008, 03:09:30 AM »
WHOLLY SHIT FUCK WTF HAPPENED WHILE I WAS OUT??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!D`S(FU&)@$%!#Y

D:

*reading*
Yossi <3 Rika <3 Timu Ke <3

Offline zay05ohayou

• Flip..
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • shoubu shoubu PATII PATII~!
« Reply #347 on: July 29, 2008, 01:13:39 PM »
sweet~ that was pretty emotional.. Maki.. i just love rain scenes... its the best! Maki and Aya have such an innocent love.  ;)

Ishiyoshi~ DEF.DIVA~ GAM~ hANGRY&ANGRY <33

Offline peti-chan

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ai-chan oriented XD
« Reply #348 on: July 29, 2008, 09:31:41 PM »
Ayaya and Gocchin getting close to each other... :roll: It's so cute and innocent :heart: And Aya feeling all -> :mon oshitwc: Was super hilarious  :lol:

Offline glorificus

« Reply #349 on: July 30, 2008, 05:55:54 AM »
Yess, I'm so happy to see a new chapter.
God, I love these two!  :heart:

If it took her that long to realize she forgot to use her bathroom, I wonder how long will it take for her to realize that Maki is falling for her. She dropped a couple of very important hints in that conversation.

Also, I'm picturing Aya with that confused and disoriented look on her face and it's the cutest thing ever. Well, right after that kiss, of course. :P

Anyway, thank you, thank you sooo muuuuuch for this new chapter, I enjoyed it a lot ^^

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #350 on: August 01, 2008, 08:20:30 AM »
 :O :cry: Poor Maki, but it's about time she cracked... She has been keeping all of those emotions to herself for far too long... Finally now she can have someone to lean on when it comes to that point, which i am sure won't be often seeing Maki is more the type to be there for others rather than have people be there for her. :heart:
And now we have poor Aya, it's gotta be confusing for her... It was confusing enough to be in love with her best friend's gf and now she hears all that from the person she was getting so close to as well and yet surely she must be somewhat protective of Miki and not know how to take what Maki told her... BUT...

She doesn't need to worry 'bout a thing coz Yossy-who? Maki's got it bad for Ayyyyyaaaayyyyyaaaa!  :mon lovelaff:
That kiss was just so sweet and honest! It made me melt... Maki makes me melt... YOU make me melt!  :shy2:
Ohhh it feels so good to read another chapter and what an awesome one at that!  :mon fyeah:

Offline mads

« Reply #351 on: August 02, 2008, 09:48:19 AM »
At the beginning of this Aya was already at Maki's and then she left right? Did Maki save her from another date, or they were already hanging out. I feel like I'm missed a chapter or something. *shrugs*

Glad to see that Maki is starting to let go of the past so that she can move on and allow herself to be with someone else.

Offline hotohori

• Member+
  • yossie XD *dokidoki*
« Reply #352 on: August 02, 2008, 12:51:57 PM »
SWEEET Aya and Maki Love :wriggly:   :onioncheer:

Miki =  :err::depressed:

Offline pottipot

• Member+
« Reply #353 on: August 17, 2008, 06:10:17 PM »
Finished reading memoir, 100% Kataomoi and this, :wub: :wub: :wub: it all very much.

*waits for the next chapter*
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 07:53:46 PM by pottipot »

Offline Yukari

• SNSD & Nogizaka46 ♥
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #354 on: August 18, 2008, 02:10:55 AM »
OMG I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!  :muffin:

FINALLY AN UPDATE!!  :cow:

gocchin and maki are so cool together, i love them  :mon inluv:

i don't have time to write a long comment, sorry  :mon whine: i want to

wiiii i want a update soon~~ *dream*  :mon lovelaff:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #355 on: August 19, 2008, 12:00:38 AM »
gocchin and maki are so cool together, i love them  :mon inluv:
Eh? :?

I think you meant to say AYA and Maki. :lol:

Offline Rhysky

« Reply #356 on: September 16, 2008, 08:53:41 AM »
is the update coming soon...?? i'm still waiting for it...  :fainted:
1st: (^^) Yomiki (^^)
2nd: >< Yomaki ><
3rd: D: Charmikkity :D
4th: (: Ishiyoshi :)

Offline almond

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • オ~マイガ~!たかみな大好き!
    • alm0nd
    • ganbanuttah
« Reply #357 on: September 16, 2008, 02:13:14 PM »
Ok, here's what's going on.

1. My computer died hardcore. I'm still hoping to retrieve everything from my hard drive, but that may take a while.
2. I now have my new shiny laptop, but...
3. My girlfriend is visiting and, well, yeah, I'm not writing when she's here  :drool:

^^;;

Offline Rhysky

« Reply #358 on: September 16, 2008, 05:17:36 PM »
gosh... com died... hate tat the most le... :depressed:

cos everything u safe there almost equal to gone...  :angry1:

but then at least u get a brand new shiny laptop... good for u...  :on GJ:
1st: (^^) Yomiki (^^)
2nd: >< Yomaki ><
3rd: D: Charmikkity :D
4th: (: Ishiyoshi :)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #359 on: September 17, 2008, 03:59:33 AM »
Awwwwww...that sucks about your comp dying. :(

3. My girlfriend is visiting and, well, yeah, I'm not writing when she's here  :drool:
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...:drool:

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sweets - on the way - yakusoku no basho he -