JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: So Nyuh Shi Dae - Oh!

Author Topic: (Band) X Japan  (Read 69763 times)

Offline Kio_

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: (Band) X Japan
« Reply #120 on: September 19, 2010, 10:21:49 AM »
I got to know X Japan through my friend who is SUPER fan! I don't know any cd or dvd that she doesn't own. And she is huge hide fan, she owns almost all hide plushies that had been made. She said only two is missing from her collection. (talk about fan)
I like X Japan's music too...guess was I jealous when she went to watch X Japan's concert to Japan..twice! Unfair!

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
« Reply #121 on: September 20, 2010, 10:30:29 AM »
just printed out my ticket for the Oct 1st show here in Seattle.
Life is one time.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #122 on: September 23, 2010, 10:39:43 AM »
^ you wanna do a report for JPHiP News, Rick?

X JAPAN LAUNCHES NORTH AMERICAN WEB SITE, XJAPANMUSIC

LOS ANGELES, CA - September 22, 2010 -- In conjunction with the band's first North American tour dates, X Japan - one of the biggest rock bands in
Japanese history - having sold 30-million units and set a record by filling the 55,000-seat Tokyo Dome 18 times - has launched its first American
website, XJapanMusic - http://www.xjapanmusic.com/

The site offers news and updates on the band's activities, including their upcoming debut American CD release, and first-ever North American tour, set
to kick off this Friday, September 25 at the Wiltern Theatre in Los Angeles. In addition, XJapanMusic features a special video message from the band's
leader Yoshiki, "teaser streams" of brand new songs, background info on the band, and recent American press. Fans can purchase concert tickets on the
website, and can join the X Japan Fanlist for access to exclusive content. The site also enables X Japan's Yoshiki to interact with fans and includes a
rich widget application run from ehab.com <http://ehab.com/> , a cutting edge content management system. The app can be grabbed by millions of fans
and placed on Facebook, Bebo, blogs, MySpace and anywhere a consumer has a profile on the web. The site also includes integrated feeds and links to the band's FaceBook and Yoshiki's Twitter.

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
« Reply #123 on: September 24, 2010, 05:15:25 AM »
^ let me know what you want me to do. Not much experience just point me in the right direction and I'll do what I can.
Life is one time.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #124 on: September 24, 2010, 06:49:55 AM »
Props man, I'll get back to you via PMs n stuff. :thumbsup

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #125 on: September 28, 2010, 09:19:59 AM »
PARTY WITH X JAPAN AT THEIR LOS ANGELES RECORD RELEASE PARTY
The Band's Blue Blood Fan Club Announces Special Online Contest

LOS ANGELES, CA (September 27, 2010) - Now that X Japan has finally made it to North America with the September 25 launch of their first-ever North
American tour - first date at the L.A. Wiltern Theatre SOLD OUT - they've got lots more planned for their western invasion, including the release of
the band's brand new album in early 2011, the first with English lyrics.

The members of the band want you to be part of their American dream-come-true, so invite you to sign up for Level II of X Japan's Blue
Blood Fan Club and be eligible to win a trip to Los Angeles and party withthe band at their exclusive record release party. Here's how it works:

First, if you're not already a member of X Japan's Blue Blood Fan Club, go to http://www.xjapanmusic.com/contest <http://www.xjapanmusic.com/contest> , join the fan club and register as a Level II member. For every friend that you sponsor to also join the Blue Blue Fan Club, you¹ll be awarded one entry into the drawing to win a prize, including the grand prize - attending the record release party. The more friends you sign up, the better chance
you'll have of winning, and you can use the website's scoreboard to help keep track of how many entries you've accumulated and where you rank in the
contest.

X Japan wants to have lots of winners for this contest, so here's what else you could be eligible to win:

One (1) GRAND PRIZE winner will win two (2) round trip Coach airline tickets to Los Angeles, CA from a major airport nearest winners residence and one
(1) hotel room accommodation for the X Japan Record Release Listening Party. Prize also includes one year of FREE Level IV membership in the forthcoming X Japan global fan club, Blue Blood (a $99 value)

One (1) Second Prize winner will receive a signed X Japan snare drum head and pair of drumsticks used at one of X Japan¹s shows plus one year of FREE
Level IV membership in the aforementioned Blue Blood, (ARV $500);

Two (2) Third Prize winners will receive iPod Nanos with customized, limited edition X Japan cases plus one year of FREE Level IV membership in Blue
Blood (ARV $200);

Fifty (50) Fourth Prize Winners will receive a free custom ringtone from one of the new tracks plus one year of FREE Level IV membership in Blue Blood
(ARV $102); and

One Hundred (100) Fifth Prize winners will receive one year of FREE Level IV membership in Blue Blood (ARV $99).

WOW!!! :shock: Thanks Chase!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #126 on: October 11, 2010, 08:25:42 PM »
man tried to go see him at NYAF but shit was so packed, line up like wall to wall to wall O_O

Here's what went down:

COMIC BOOK LEGEND, STAN LEE¹S POW! ENTERTAINMENT and WORLD RENOWNED MUSIC
ARTIST, YOSHIKI, JOIN FORCES TO CREATE MUSIC SUPER HERO MOTION COMIC AND
COMIC BOOK SERIES

New York, NY October 9, 2010 Stan Lee¹s POW! Entertainment, the comic
book legend who co-created Super Heroes such as  Spider-Man ,  and The
Hulk , and Yoshiki, Asia¹s most influential music artist and founder and
drummer of the band, X Japan, join forces to develop a music Super Hero
comic book and motion comic series that will incorporate both Stan Lee¹s
literary genius and Yoshiki¹s music genius.

³When I met Yoshiki, I was so impressed with his musical talents and unique
creative eye that I knew immediately I wanted to work with him on something
special where we could combine both our strengths. Creating a music Super
Hero character was the natural evolution of our efforts,² said Stan Lee,
Founder, Chairman and Chief Creative Officer (CCO) of POW! Entertainment
(PK:POWN)

Combining the talents of these two great artists, Stan Lee¹s gothic-styled
music Super Hero will be based on Yoshiki and his passion for music and his
fascination with dragons. The music Super Hero will be a vigilante.
Yoshiki¹s music will be inspired by Lee¹s story and will play an important
role in the comic series. The Super Hero¹s powers are triggered when certain
musical notes are played on drumsticks by Yoshiki¹s character. Additionally,
Yoshiki will create music that will be heard in the motion comic.

³Just like the rest of the world, I have admired Stan Lee and his creations
my entire life. Just meeting him was so great and now working with him is
one of the most fun and creative experiences I have ever had.  To watch his
mind at work is amazing and inspiring,² said Yoshiki.

Offline shurrupak

• ecchi
« Reply #127 on: December 23, 2010, 01:08:50 PM »
I Love endless rain but the studio recording version is bad

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #128 on: January 28, 2011, 06:08:42 AM »
X Japan signs 3-year contract with EMI Music North America

Rock band X Japan has signed a 3-year exclusive agreement with EMI Music for production and distribution of their music in North America. Their first release through EMI is the single "Jade," scheduled for March 15. This will be the band's first single in North America, and their first CD single anywhere since "THE LAST SONG" in 1998.

X Japan successfully completed their first U.S. tour last summer, which included their debut U.S. performance at the rock festival Lollapalooza.

Leader Yoshiki said that they have plans for an album this summer, with about half of it being new songs. Naturally, they are also aiming to do a tour for the album before the end of the year.

Yoshiki also stated that the band is currently negotiating for releases in other countries, particularly Europe and other parts of Asia.

In addition, Yoshiki announced that he is getting his own regular radio show, called "YOSHIKI RADIO," on the U.S.-based satellite radio service Sirius XM. The show is currently planned as a one-hour broadcast once a month, starting in February.
http://www.tokyograph.com/news/id-7374

FUCK YEAH! NEW SINGLE AND YOSHIKI RADIO SHOW!!!   :guitar: :guitar: :guitar:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #129 on: January 28, 2011, 06:26:10 AM »
Check out some song teasers from the new album, here: http://www.xjapanmusic.com

Offline fobmysterio

• Member+
  • 俺が誰だと思ってやがる!
« Reply #130 on: March 01, 2011, 04:47:44 AM »
X Japan is probably my favorite band of all time!!! Pretty versatile, but I like their earlier work better, since you can see more of other band members involvement, such as HIDE and TAIJII, but after HIDE's tragic death and TAIJI leaving (or fired by YOSHIKI according to his own autobiography), now X Japan feels like YOSHIKI's doing everything and the music style is getting more dramatic.  I still prefer their newer music than any other modern music, and I appreciate Yoshiki's talent in both Rock and Classical music, but I gotta say, I miss the good old X days... even though I wasnt actually a fan until after HIDE passed.

They are doing the theme song to the new Japanese animated film Buddha, which sounds closer to X Japan Dahlia Era music, check it out on youtube when u guys get a chance!

Offline tutu48

« Reply #131 on: March 01, 2011, 04:35:05 PM »
X Japan is probably my favorite band of all time!!! Pretty versatile, but I like their earlier work better, since you can see more of other band members involvement, such as HIDE and TAIJII, but after HIDE's tragic death and TAIJI leaving (or fired by YOSHIKI according to his own autobiography), now X Japan feels like YOSHIKI's doing everything and the music style is getting more dramatic.  I still prefer their newer music than any other modern music, and I appreciate Yoshiki's talent in both Rock and Classical music, but I gotta say, I miss the good old X days... even though I wasnt actually a fan until after HIDE passed.

They are doing the theme song to the new Japanese animated film Buddha, which sounds closer to X Japan Dahlia Era music, check it out on youtube when u guys get a chance!

im curios about this new song on animated film Buddha, could u share some link?

and... yeah.. this my my all time ever-best band...

because of Yoshiki-sama, i play drums and piano also.. hahaha  :inlove:

Offline fobmysterio

• Member+
  • 俺が誰だと思ってやがる!
« Reply #132 on: March 01, 2011, 07:45:00 PM »
Here you go! It's looking really good, reminds me of Prince of Egypt and Princess Monomoke.  The song is called Scarlett Love Song. IMO it sounds more similar to their older slow songs then the recent songs that has the Violet UK feel to it.  Not saying Violet UK is bad but I miss their older songs.

EDIT: sorry I dont know hwo to embed video... here's the actual link
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 02:15:52 AM by fobmysterio »

Offline tutu48

« Reply #133 on: March 02, 2011, 04:33:07 PM »
@ fobmy : many thanks man for sharing links...

now i wanna hear the song more and more...

We Are X !!  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #134 on: March 08, 2011, 08:10:16 AM »
 :fap

X JAPAN'S YOSHIKI HAS MARILYN MANSON WALK THE RUNWAY AT HIS "ASIA GIRLS EXPLOSION" FASHION EVENT IN TOKYO

Japanese music/fashion icon, X Japan's Yoshiki, co-produced and hosted "Asia Girls Explosion" on Sunday, March 6, an East-meets-West/fashion-meets-music event held at the Yoyogi National Stadium in Tokyo, and rocker Marilyn Manson walked the runway.

"When we came up with the concept for AGE, the first person I thought of was Marilyn Manson," said Yoshiki. "He is the fashion icon in rock'n'roll, and
I'm very excited he agreed to be part of the show."

Manson and other international celebrities that included Shenae Grimes. Jessica Stroup and AnnaLynne McCord from the TV series "90210," presented
trendy but wearable collections from a variety of high-end, international designers that combined Japanese street fashion with progressive Western
design, and a healthy dose of rock'n'roll style.

"Asia Girls Explosion" also unveiled Yoshiki's own fashion line, "Yoshikimono," that paid tribute to his parents who ran a Kimono shop when
he was growing up. "It is a tradition in Japan that the eldest male takes on the family business," Yoshiki explained. "But I rebelled and got into
rock'nroll. With the Yoshikimono line, I feel I'm keeping my parents' dream alive."

Yoshiki's band, X Japan, one of the biggest rock bands in Japanese history, is currently recording what will be their first-ever album to be released in
North America. The album's first single, "Jade," will premiere on March 15, and the album will be out later this year.

# # #

Pictured: Yoshiki and Marilyn Manson on the Red Carpet; Manson on the runway; one of Yoshiki's "Yoshikimonos."

source: Chase Wang Email blast

Offline fobmysterio

• Member+
  • 俺が誰だと思ってやがる!
« Reply #135 on: March 08, 2011, 09:26:36 AM »
YOSHIKI definetly have some of the oddest friend that's totally not from his world...

We've seen him chilling with Stan Lee,
also a friend of Danny Trejo (the gangster looking mexican guy)
have to say, Marlyn Manson is actually someone closer to his "world" lol....

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #136 on: March 16, 2011, 09:34:20 AM »
but his heart is :thumbsup

X JAPAN'S YOSHIKI TO AUCTION OFF HIS CRYSTAL PIANO TO AID JAPANESE EARTHQUAKE/TSUMANI VICTIMS

LOS ANGELES, CA ­ March '5, 20'' ­ Yoshiki, leader of the Japanese rock band X Japan, will put his favorite "crystal² piano on the auction block,
donating all proceeds to help provide aid to the victims of Japan's earthquake and tsunami.

The custom-made, plexi-glass "Yoshiki Signature Piano by Kawai" with Yoshiki's name engraved on it, was used when the band played their legendary
shows at the Tokyo Dome.

The Japanese-born Yoshiki, who lives in Los Angeles, felt the earthquake tremors while in a Tokyo recording studio working on X Japan's first North
American album, and was shocked by the large-scale damage across Japan. "It took awhile to locate my mother, but she is, thankfully, OK," said Yoshiki, "and I've spoken with [band members] Toshi, Pata, Sugizo and Heath, and they are all safe as well. I am praying for the people here who are still trying to locate their family and friends."

X Japan has decided to postpone the release of their first U.S. single, "Jade,² that had been scheduled to be released today, so that they may focus
their time and energies on helping with the recovery.

In addition to raising money by auctioning his "crystal" piano, Yoshiki will collect donations for the Japanese disaster relief through the Yoshiki
Foundation America, his California non-profit, public benefit corporation with tax-exempt status as a section 50'(c) (www.yoshikifoundation.com
<http://www.yoshikifoundation.com> ). The Yoshiki Foundation has already donated to American organizations such as the Make-A-Wish Foundation of
America, the Grammy Foundation, and St. Vincent Meals on Wheels.

via Chase Wang newswire

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
X JAPAN EUROPEAN TOUR!!
« Reply #137 on: April 16, 2011, 09:50:59 AM »
hey EUROPEANS JROCK FANS!!

JAPANESE ROCK ICONS X JAPAN CONTINUE THEIR WORLDWIDE EXPANSION WITH FIRST-TIME EUROPEAN CONCERT DATES PLUS SPECIAL GUEST SLOT AT SUMMER SONIC FESTIVAL

(FRIDAY, April 15, 2011) ­ They¹ve sold more than 30-million records and DVDs, filled the 55,000-seat Tokyo Dome a record-breaking 18 times, made
their North American concert debut last summer at the Lollapalooza festival, and sold out their New York City debut at the famed Roseland Ballroom.  And this year, for the first time ever, X Japan will bring its long-awaited, epic rock¹n¹roll to Europe, with three special concerts set to take place in
London (June 28, Islington O2 Academy), Paris (July 1, Zenith de Paris) and Berlin (July 4, Huxleys). Tickets go on sale today, Friday, April 15.  Go to
http://www.xjapanmusic.com/   for ticket info.

More X Japan concerts are currently being confirmed around the globe and will be announced shortly.

³We are all so excited to finally come and play in Europe," said Yoshiki, X Japan's leader/drummer/pianist/songwriter. "This is something we've wanted to do for many years, and we are ready to rock our European fans."

In addition, X Japan has confirmed they will play a special guest slot at the two-day "Summer Sonic" festival set for August 13 in Osaka and August 14
in Tokyo.  Although on its own, X Japan sells out Japanese venues twice the size of the "Summer Sonic," it is a big honor for the band to be part of
this bill as the annual festival features the biggest and most-buzzed about international artists. This year¹s headliners also include the Red Hot Chili
Peppers and The Strokes.

In Asia, X Japan - Toshi (vocals), Pata and Sugizo (guitars), Heath (bass), and Yoshiki (drums, piano) - plays arenas and stadiums, bringing in
elaborate production including lasers, catwalks, and holograms.  For these upcoming European dates, X Japan will tailor its ³stadium-sensibility
theatrics" to the more intimate venues, focusing primarily on its "Queen-meets-Guns-N-Roses-meets-The-Matrix" rock assault.

"We had a wonderful time last fall on our first North American tour, playing theatres, something we hadn't been able to do in Japan since the early
days," Yoshiki explained.  "We were able to make a strong connection with our audiences because they were right there, just feet away from the stage. I even crowd-surfed a few times!  So, we¹re looking forward to the same sort of close-up-and-personal but intense experience on these dates."

Yoshiki and X Japan¹s vocalist Toshi were in Paris last July, making a special appearance for more than 5,000 fans.  The duo performed a handful of
X Japan songs "unplugged," and had the entire audience singing the chorus to one of the band's most exquisite compositions, "Endless Rain."

The members of X Japan have been writing and recording what will be their first album to be released outside of Japan with English lyrics.  According
to Yoshiki, about half of the album will feature some of the band's most popular songs from throughout their career, with nearly all of the lyrics
re-recorded in English, and the other half, brand new songs written specially for this album.  The album's first single will be "Jade," and will
be on the 2011 European set lists as well.

With many more dates coming, X Japan¹s 2011 global concert schedule is as follows:

JUNE
28            Islington O2 Academy, London, UK

JULY
 1            Zenith de Paris, Paris, France
 4            Huxleys, Berlin, Germany

AUGUST
13            Summer Sonic Festival, Osaka, Japan
14            Summer Sonic Festival, Tokyo, Japan

via Chase Wang newswire

Offline tolgacan

« Reply #138 on: April 22, 2011, 11:01:27 AM »
Hi guys, I'm new on X-Japan. What's the song name playing on this page? Anybody knows?

http://www.xjapanmusic.com/contest/

Offline tutu48

« Reply #139 on: April 22, 2011, 07:47:41 PM »
Hi guys, I'm new on X-Japan. What's the song name playing on this page? Anybody knows?

http://www.xjapanmusic.com/contest/

it's called "Jade"  8)2

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: So Nyuh Shi Dae - Oh!