JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Super Egg Machine - Giniro

Author Topic: (Group) T-ara (티아라)  (Read 793484 times)

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
Re: (Group) T-ara (티아라)
« Reply #1280 on: July 12, 2012, 10:56:34 PM »
^ Jesus christ how is she so cute :panic:

About damn time, I got my Eunjung shirt + random ass swag to pad for shipping XD

For the reference:
I'm about a 38-39" chest, 5'11" height 165-170lbs...
I'd day say it's a damn near perfect fit. Not baggy, not tight, just nice and fitted. Small definitely would have been tighter than I wanted, and XL would have definitely been a much more loose/baggy fit than what I wanted.

For reference,  I'm about a 36-38" chest, 5'8"' or 5'9" and about 126lbs - so not exactly the biggest individual. XD
based on that...I'm still not sure what size I'd suggest you get XD. I've got about 40lbs on you and some height, and I think the L is a perfect fit on me. I guess it depends on your body type and what kind of fit you want

Bonus Hyomin also being adorable:

edit: more star life theater :P
[HD]티아라 T-ara(ティアラ) EP 4(1/2) - Life Theater of the Star (120712)

[HD]티아라 T-ara(ティアラ) EP 4(2/2) - Life Theater of the Star (120712)
No longer El Brandinator on Minus. No Longer all All T-ara all the time. All love tho.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1281 on: July 13, 2012, 06:42:11 PM »
IS DAT SUM DAY BY DAY? Y YES IT IS

Eunjung's sudden singing :O It's exactly like on record, except BETTER omg, flawless

Omg when am I going to watch those star theatres, so much stuff, ah
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline brb23

• ecchi
« Reply #1282 on: July 13, 2012, 09:37:13 PM »
^^^Hyomin  :drool:

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/07/t-aras-jiyeon-visits-home-for-the-first-time-in-four-years

This is pretty sad. They work so hard, I hope they get a chance to win during this promotion cycle, but they've got some heavy competition.

Offline orac

• SNSD Jessica for life
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1283 on: July 14, 2012, 04:24:31 AM »
Some reason hyomin looks younger to me with that hair colour.

Currently wondering what size t-ara t-shirt to get, lol

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #1284 on: July 14, 2012, 05:01:01 AM »

Guess who? :lol:

This has to be the most adorable baby I have ever seen XD. I WANT TO HUG IT TO DEATH.

and of course:

The end ;_;
No longer El Brandinator on Minus. No Longer all All T-ara all the time. All love tho.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1285 on: July 15, 2012, 01:02:51 PM »
More Day By Day!

UGH I hate tumblr for pointing out to me that Jiyeon's wearing a couple ring with some dude and now I spot it every single time. Ah I'm so jealous, it bothers me to see the constant reminder that she now "belongs" to someone else... I probably should just view it as sweet and cute, but instead I find it quite annoying lol...

Offline brb23

• ecchi
« Reply #1286 on: July 15, 2012, 01:16:59 PM »
Jiyeon couple ring? Wh-what?  :O

Special Stage from Inkigayo with Jiyeon, Hwayoung, Krystal, Victoria, Uee, Jooyeon, Soyou and Hyorin.

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
Re: Re: (Group) T-ara (티아라)
« Reply #1287 on: July 15, 2012, 02:23:42 PM »
UGH I hate tumblr for pointing out to me that Jiyeon's wearing a couple ring with some dude and now I spot it every single time. Ah I'm so jealous, it bothers me to see the constant reminder that she now "belongs" to someone else... I probably should just view it as sweet and cute, but instead I find it quite annoying lol...
When was this? And who? I hope it's someone I'm familiar with XD

I definitely see it as a good thing... I mean, I love me some Jiyeon, but it's not like I'm going to Korea to win her heart :lol:

I feel bad for these idols all too often though, especially T-ara. From where I'm looking (obviously I have no idea what it's really like on the inside) it just seems like they're totally overworked and lonely, aside from having each other. I'd be very happy for any of them who got some companionship, since these idol girls always talk about love like it's some kind of impossible pipe dream :(

Edit: did some searching, apparently it's Super Junior's Yesung... I'm not the biggest SJ fan, and...this is probably beside the point, but that dude's got an AMAZING voice XD
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 03:01:57 PM by DioBrando »

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #1288 on: July 15, 2012, 03:40:31 PM »
I lean more towards the fanboy/fangirl mindset that jealousy is rational in these situations lol. If Boram started wearing a couples ring... I'd go homicidal maniac mode on whomever the guy was die a little inside but in my heart I'd be happy for her. Just thinking about all this is making me anxious  XD hahaha. Point being, I feel you Shirenu but I also try to stay mindful of the fact that these people are still human beings with needs and feelings.

sig not by Stryfe... but I don't have the heart to remove the shout-out

Offline brb23

• ecchi
« Reply #1289 on: July 15, 2012, 07:04:58 PM »
Maybe I'm a bit too cynical, but it seems to me like the rumor is being mostly fueled by one tumblr, and no offense to the owner of that tumblr, but they're not exactly the most well-spoken person. Jiyeon and Yesung might just be friends, but for some reason that I personally don't understand, people are always looking to ship idols together. Rumors like this happen and they usually just fade away after a couple months without ever being more than a rumor.

If it is true, I'll fight my instincts to be an overprotective and jealous fan and say that I hope Jiyeon is happy.  :D

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1290 on: July 15, 2012, 07:58:22 PM »
It's just a stupid couple ring, but I feel like I need time to now find out if Jiyeon really is my favourite member. NOT BECAUSE SHE'S DATING SOMEONE, but because of my own selfish reaction towards her dating. Like how can I claim I really care about her if I can't simply be happy for her. :P

(Oh I really do think it's a couple ring because she's been wearing this ring religiously recently. It's the black ring you see her wearing in all the recent appearances. I just checked her tumblr tag and she's wearing it all the time. I doubt it's a family ring because if that was the case she would've already had it for years; I doubt it's a friendship thing because friendship jewellery is more of a 13-y-o thing to do than a 19-y-o thing to do. And I doubt she simply loves this one ring so much that she's suddenly deciding to wear it every day, on that finger of all the fingers too. If she drops it out soon, I will have been proven wrong lol and it was only a fashion accessory. The guy that she's seeing might not be the suggested SuJu member, but I still think it's a couple ring.)

I think my main problems are:
- Wearing a couple ring is such a teenage thing to do. Not only is this ring a reminder that Jiyeon is taken, but also a reminder that she's still just a silly 19-y-o girl and maybe I should focus on someone closer to my age instead. :lol: It's ok for her to act her age, but I also need to remember my age. Sadly...
- T-ara members have many times said that they don't have time to date, and Jiyeon is supposed to be among the busiest. How can she suddenly be wearing a couple ring? Are the stories about the girls being too busy a lie? If it is, what else do they lie about? Injuries? The number of hours they get sleep? I'm sure they genuinely ARE overworked, and I'm sure that their COMPANY likes to make us think that these poor girls are bleeding for the sake of their fans... But are the girls also playing along with making things sound and look worse than they actually are? I don't want to be emotionally manipulated... I know everything in Kpop should be taken with a grain of salt, but it's so unnecessary if fans are being lied to just so we'd feel sorry for them and love them more. WE'D LOVE THEM ANYWAY.

I'm a little bothered yeah D: I'm in one of those moods where I'm questioning everything. Tomorrow I'll probably be embarrassed about writing this post at all. lol

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #1291 on: July 15, 2012, 09:35:43 PM »
I'd think it was just a ring or just nonsense also, but the most compelling argument was that not only do they wear matching rings/bracelets, but they're practically the ONLY opposite sex idols that either one follows on twitter XD... Granted, twitter followers aren't some kind of concrete proof, but it's enough for me to raise an eyebrow :P

I see what you're saying, though, but if anything I think the promise rings/etc are even more indication that they really don't have much time at all... For reference, I remember something about Hara from KARA and some guy from Beast supposedly coming out as being a couple. I've since heard pretty much nothing about it. If it was in fact a legit "relationship", I would imagine they're both so busy they don't even have time to see each other. I figure, when someone's been in this "idol" business since pretty much their childhood--if I'm to believe they really don't get any sort of "love"--not only would they be likely to have a somewhat warped (possibly even childish) idea of what it's supposed to be like, but what else do they have besides putting on some silly rings and making a "promise" to each other? It's probably the closest thing to a real relationship they can get :lol:

Or maybe that's what they want me to think :P

Offline brb23

• ecchi
« Reply #1292 on: July 15, 2012, 11:35:52 PM »
Are the stories about the girls being too busy a lie? If it is, what else do they lie about? Injuries? The number of hours they get sleep? I'm sure they genuinely ARE overworked, and I'm sure that their COMPANY likes to make us think that these poor girls are bleeding for the sake of their fans... But are the girls also playing along with making things sound and look worse than they actually are?

Yeah, I've thought about that before, and obviously I don't follow T-ara around, but from what we do know for sure, I genuinely believe that they're worked to their max. Just within the past twelve months T-ara has had four Korean releases and promotions, four Japanese singles and promotions, a Japanese album and filmed T-ara's Pretty Boys; on top of all that Jiyeon hosted Music Core for a few months and starred in a drama. All those are just the major events of the past year, they also have endorsements deals, fan signings, public appearances, non-televised concerts practically every week and I'm sure there are things that I'm not even thinking of. CCM is going to need a group to fill T-ara's spot once their contracts end, they already lost SeeYa after Nam Gyuri refused to renew her contract with them, I just don't think bad press about how they overwork their idols would be all that beneficial to them.

But who really knows? That's just what I believe. Maybe I'm too attached to them to believe they'd lie about being injured and overworked.

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #1293 on: July 16, 2012, 01:38:41 AM »
Nice bit of reading to come home to after work :) Sorry about the ensuing wall of text :P This is all meant to be just responses and thoughts and just getting into the mix of the conversation. Nothing critical intended with all the quotes. It's all love baby  :heart:

people are always looking to ship idols together

this. unless either Jiyeon or Yesung profess any sort of love via twitter or whatever to each other I'm going to be skeptical.

I feel like I need time to now find out if Jiyeon really is my favourite member. NOT BECAUSE SHE'S DATING SOMEONE, but because of my own selfish reaction towards her dating. Like how can I claim I really care about her if I can't simply be happy for her.

that's a really powerful sentiment. I had that same "crisis" this morning when I read what you posted and put myself in that position with Boram. Ultimately, I would be very happy/excited for her. My natural first irrational reactions don't dictate my true feelings. You know.. just like how people say things they don't really mean in the heat of the moment.

Wearing a couple ring is such a teenage thing to do.

Jiyeon is still nineteen. I'm no psychologist by any means but my gut instinct tells me that living the k-pop life and being away from home for so long at such a young age may just stunt a person emotional growth. I subscribe to the idea that mental age and biological age are not tethered together. My point is, I can see Jiyeon doing this.

Are the stories about the girls being too busy a lie? If it is, what else do they lie about? Injuries? The number of hours they get sleep? I'm sure they genuinely ARE overworked, and I'm sure that their COMPANY likes to make us think that these poor girls are bleeding for the sake of their fans... But are the girls also playing along with making things sound and look worse than they actually are? I don't want to be emotionally manipulated... I know everything in Kpop should be taken with a grain of salt, but it's so unnecessary if fans are being lied to just so we'd feel sorry for them and love them more. WE'D LOVE THEM ANYWAY.

I agree. With all of this. You of all people know how I feel about the "dark side" of k-pop lol.

I figure, when someone's been in this "idol" business since pretty much their childhood--if I'm to believe they really don't get any sort of "love"--not only would they be likely to have a somewhat warped (possibly even childish) idea of what it's supposed to be like

I do know that in a very general sense our relationship patterns tend to echo our parents because they are the prime example we have of love. If a child isn't around during their formative years to experience a healthy relationship (or lack thereof in some circumstances : /) then supposing that the child in question is going to have a warped sense of what love is  isn't farfetched.

Offline DeathRealm

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1294 on: July 16, 2012, 06:55:20 AM »
ionno, i agree with what everyone is saying up there but imo im going to keep it simple. Not gonna think about it as it only came from one person and all, so i'll think into the matter when it has truly been confirmed. I mean why over work yourself over something that might not even be true and when u find out that it isn't then you think back and work yourself over it about how dumb you were and how u wasted so much time and effort raging over a small rumour. Not worth it guys, just keep doing what a fan needs to do and just keep supporting them.

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #1295 on: July 16, 2012, 04:53:57 PM »
I never imagined Jiyeon and Yesung together XD  I wouldn't be super surprised if those rumors are true, but if it makes anyone feel better, as with most idol "relationships", it's most likely no big deal.

Put yourself in their shoes. You are a teen, very busy and surrounded mostly by industry people. I'd be getting crushes on my fellow idols all the time XD  At some point one is probably gonna like me back, and a little idol "relationship" is born. Have you read Hyori's and others' accounts on how even idols back then had hidden relationships all the time? It was so insignificant, compared to normal relationships. She said they'd never see each other due to schedules, so they just left cute messages to each other hidden in plant pots at the broadcasting stations and such. Did any of them last? Not really. Did any of them get married to their idol bf/gf? No. It sounds quite sad, but for them it's probably the closest they can get to the things non-celebrity people can experience.

On a different topic, is anyone else disturbed by how Soyeon kept selling Dani as "sexy" during their first fanmeet?  I hope it's just inaccurate translations, coz otherwise I think it's plain stupid and inappropriate to be presenting a 14-yo to fans as "although she’s young, Dani has a sexy body figure”. Seriously? You want fans to be looking at her "sexy figure" when she's just a kid? Ugh...

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1296 on: July 16, 2012, 11:46:12 PM »
Good points everynyan, really enjoy reading your input >_< I think I needed to bring up the topic so that I could move on from it tbh, it's bad to bottle things up 8) Even silly little things like couple rings...

ionno, i agree with what everyone is saying up there but imo im going to keep it simple. Not gonna think about it as it only came from one person and all, so i'll think into the matter when it has truly been confirmed. I mean why over work yourself over something that might not even be true and when u find out that it isn't then you think back and work yourself over it about how dumb you were and how u wasted so much time and effort raging over a small rumour. Not worth it guys, just keep doing what a fan needs to do and just keep supporting them.
It's definitely ok to just keep it simple, but there are also fans who like to question things, analyze things and be challenged. Like here, deep down it's not really about whether Jiyeon is dating or not, but about what a couple ring signifies (some awesome points here made above about how idols date, their possible warped ideas of love etc.) and what it can mean to a fan when it appears that their Dream Girl is officially taken :P Conversations like this would be completely missed out on if everyone just kept posting news and talking about how AWESOME everything is. So, if you just want to support the girls and that's it, that is absolutely great, but nobody should be criticized for wanting to discuss something that they find problematic. Because thinking about these things and discussing them results in Progress (TM)! To me, it's absolutely worth the effort to know more about T-ara, Kpop, and myself as a result. And it definitely doesn't mean that we'll stop supporting T-ara... If anything, a few bumps along the way can make the bond even stronger >_<

I'm already much less bothered by the 'stupid couple ring' than I was yesterday :D All I can do is thank y'all for not instantly shooting me down for having a little rant about it. Ah, I do wish the best for Jiyeon and she is a precious girl.

@ the Dani sexy thing: I do often get the feeling that the word itself has a much wider/fluffier meaning in Korea (and Japan) than in English speaking countries. I doubt Soyeon was thinking along the lines of "you should find her sexually desirable" but more like "she's tall and skinny just like the Korean ideals so she is obviously attractive" ... ... OR SOMETHING ROFL. But yeah it does have a bad ring to my ear because when I'm thinking of the word 'sexy' I'm thinking of... well, horny stuff...

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #1297 on: July 18, 2012, 05:54:25 AM »

lets all take a moment to appreciate just how hilarious kai bai bo can be
also,  :heart: Boram :heart:

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1298 on: July 19, 2012, 09:44:28 AM »

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #1299 on: July 19, 2012, 11:03:27 AM »
T-ara plan to create a summer dance craze with their new pantomime (expression and gesture) robot dance.

I'm ready. Let's do the robot.

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Super Egg Machine - Giniro