JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: George Lam - 10 Minute Medley

Author Topic: (Group) T-ara (티아라)  (Read 793550 times)

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
Re: (Group) T-ara (티아라)
« Reply #1320 on: July 28, 2012, 12:22:31 AM »
Well that's just an immense disappointment in so many ways....

Now, obviously I don't know the entire story, but from where I'm looking it definitely looks like they're all just ganging up on Hwayoung...and..for what? What is she supposed to do? How is singing from a chair any different from Soyeon singing on stage with crutches? Or maybe Hwayoung wanted to avoid performing from the chair? Which is, for the record, a practice I find completely ridiculous. I'd rather they let them take a break if they're injured rather than have them looking all silly to the side on a chair, or even worse, on crutches.

If they were really bashing her I find it disgusting to an alarming degree...it'd pretty much mean they've grown as heartless and douchey as everyone accuses KKS of being. Assuming everything we hear is true (rumors are just rumors, after all), it seems that all the crazy things their supposed tyrant of a CEO has been doing has managed to turn them into bloodthirsty competitors fighting for their jobs instead of the group and "family" we all naively wish they would be :lol:. Isn't this a situation where you would support somebody you cared about? Encourage them? Be a little understanding? Perhaps because they've all been so overworked and expected to force themselves through shit like this, they somehow find it offensive that someone isn't willing to do the same? As harsh as it sounds, if they can't sympathize with someone in a situation like that, then they have no right to complain about being overworked or how "hard" it is.

And don't get me started on how ridiculous the "hacked" story is. It's way too convenient. Do they really expect anyone to believe that? I'd actually argue that ridiculous claim makes it seem even WORSE. They could have probably tried to downplay it and say they were talking about different things, but to claim they were all hacked? That's practically admitting they did wrong...

Without knowing the full details of the situation, I feel really bad for Hwayoung...it really makes me look at all the other members differently, in a way I never expected XD It's pretty sad, actually...
No longer El Brandinator on Minus. No Longer all All T-ara all the time. All love tho.

Offline brb23

• ecchi
« Reply #1321 on: July 28, 2012, 02:01:28 AM »
I'm really disappointed in them. Beyond bullying Hwayoung, they way they went about doing it in such a public way is ridiculous. I'm sure arguments and bad feelings go on at some point in all groups, and it's likely that most groups have members that just don't click, regardless of how they act on TV, but it if they have problems with a member it should stay private. It's bad enough being bullied, but it must feel so much worse on twitter with hundreds of thousands of people watching. I knew Hwayoung must have had a hard time being the seventh member, but there must have been much more tension than I realized if her injury was enough to set them all (minus Qri) off on her.

Oh well, I feel bad for Hwayoung.

unfortunately makes it impossible for the girls to apologize or learn from this because it's all being swept under the "lol hacked" rug.

Yeah, this. The whole situation is going to leave a bad taste in my mouth for a while, especially since we probably won't be seeing any sort of resolution other than CCM's awful attempt at damage control.

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #1322 on: July 28, 2012, 03:19:51 AM »
According to Allkpop, “CEO Kim Kwang Soo, who is currently in Japan for T-ara’s concert, will return to Korea on the 30th, and at 1 pm, he will make a major announcement regarding T-ara.”   

I wonder what it is... :O  Good or bad news?  :?

They could have probably tried to downplay it and say they were talking about different things, but to claim they were all hacked? That's practically admitting they did wrong...

EXACTLY!!! It would've been quite easy to say the girls were talking about something else, or even that they were just teasing each other playfully and people took it seriously. That may not have convinced everyone, but heck, the hack story would convince NO ONE with a working brain...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 03:29:27 AM by Rei-chan »

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #1323 on: July 28, 2012, 03:25:40 AM »
Quote from: Rei-chan on July 28, 2012, 03:19:51 AM
“CEO Kim Kwang Soo, who is currently in Japan for T-ara’s concert, will return to Korea on the 30th, and at 1 pm, he will make a major announcement regarding T-ara.”   

“CEO Kim Kwang Soo, who is currently in Japan for T-ara’s concert, will return to Korea on the 30th, and at 1 pm, he will make a major announcement regarding T-ara.”   

Hnngggh. If they do something crazy (like remove a member), I'm going to be very upset XD. Especially if it's Hwayoung. It'll do irreparable damage to how I feel about this group  :panic:

Even Hwayoung choosing to leave (true or not, who knows if we can believe she'd leave because she wanted to or if that's just what they'd say) would do irreparable damage. Whatever it is, I doubt anyone expects it to be good :lol:
No longer El Brandinator on Minus. No Longer all All T-ara all the time. All love tho.

Offline brb23

• ecchi
« Reply #1324 on: July 28, 2012, 04:35:15 AM »
Goddamn, CCM is good at getting themselves attention in the most aggravating ways. Either announce it or wait to announce it, why do they need to announce that they'll be announcing something?  :angry:

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #1325 on: July 28, 2012, 05:22:06 AM »
Uh oh. Maybe the tweets weren't related to Hwayoung's injury but instead to her impending departure from the group...

Man, hate to speculate like this, but that'd make a lot more sense than petty bashing of someone because they accidentally injured themselves.

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #1326 on: July 28, 2012, 07:13:53 AM »
More weird stuff:

Quote from: Allkpop
Admist the controversy currently brewing around T-ara with their tweets and the news of an upcoming major announcement about the group, member Hwayoung just recently updated her Twitter with a message that has left fans curious.

On the morning of July 28th (KST), she wrote, “The support of my family and my fans is worth so much to me. Please watch over me.”

She also previously tweeted a photo of herself and twin sister Hyoyoung holding hands, writing, “Ryu! Thanks for being by my side. I love you”, which seems to be a response to the supportive messages Hyoyoung had written on her own Twitter.

Hyoyoung herself is attracting attention for some of her mysterious tweets that follow after the controversial tweets. One of her tweets read, “What does it matter if your face is pretty. It’s your heart that has to be pretty. Is a person who is unwell, not a person? I’m hurting too. I want to seriously cry. I should just practice instead..” leaving fans to wonder what she could be referring to.

So sad, it does make one think she's leaving or something O_o  But then her saying "I should just practice instead" maybe means she's not leaving? If she was she wouldn't have to practice, no? XD  Ufff this is all so mysterious...

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #1327 on: July 28, 2012, 07:19:41 AM »
More weird stuff:

Quote from: Allkpop
Admist the controversy currently brewing around T-ara with their tweets and the news of an upcoming major announcement about the group, member Hwayoung just recently updated her Twitter with a message that has left fans curious.

On the morning of July 28th (KST), she wrote, “The support of my family and my fans is worth so much to me. Please watch over me.”

She also previously tweeted a photo of herself and twin sister Hyoyoung holding hands, writing, “Ryu! Thanks for being by my side. I love you”, which seems to be a response to the supportive messages Hyoyoung had written on her own Twitter.

Hyoyoung herself is attracting attention for some of her mysterious tweets that follow after the controversial tweets. One of her tweets read, “What does it matter if your face is pretty. It’s your heart that has to be pretty. Is a person who is unwell, not a person? I’m hurting too. I want to seriously cry. I should just practice instead..” leaving fans to wonder what she could be referring to.

So sad, it does make one think she's leaving or something O_o  But then her saying "I should just practice instead" maybe means she's not leaving? If she was she wouldn't have to practice, no? XD  Ufff this is all so mysterious...

The practice message was tweeted by Hyoyoung, her sister XD. Damn twins and their similar names :P

I think we should probably take a step back and just wait for this announcement that CCM announced was going to be announced--assuming it's related. The only thing that sucks is even if this gets resolved, we'll probably never know the whole truth. If they say Hwayoung wanted to leave the group, who knows if she even really wanted to leave? Shady ass businesses, I tell ya :lol:

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #1328 on: July 28, 2012, 08:10:53 AM »
LOL!!! Thanks for clearing that up! XD

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1329 on: July 28, 2012, 08:53:23 AM »
I won't be surprised if this announcement has nothing to do with the T-ara fiasco that is going on. This IS KKS we're talking about, no one knows wtf is going on in that guy's head. I can imagine that KKS's "big" announcement could just be that Dani is joining them for their next promotions. @_@

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1330 on: July 28, 2012, 08:57:16 AM »
Well, just read this thread as well:
http://forums.allkpop.com/threads/the-real-reason-behind-5dolls-soomi-departure.8188/

Basically, a girl in the same company has got bullied before in her own group and forced to leave because it got too ugly.

If the announcement is about Hwayoung leaving, I'm sorry but to me all it will prove is that she was bullied out of the group, since this has happened before and the company took the bully's side (as in, the bullied girl had to leave instead of the bullies being punished). I can't be a fan after that...

It's a waiting game now... Like storyboard said, the announcement could be anything... Even then though, I can't just forget about this happening :bleed eyes:

EDIT: These tweets are from an Infinite fan twitter, translating from Nate https://twitter.com/onlyinfinite7

At Idol Sports Championship, HwaYoung was alone, not with other members.It was infinite members esp SJ, as well as Sista, who talked and mingled around with HwaYoung.
Also one of the T-ara's memer interruped when HwaYoung and WooHyun were talking. WooHyun got angry and went off with HwaYoung.
It is also said that JiYeon asked for L's number but L didnt give her his number. (This probably doesn't relate to anything in any way, but it was about T-ara so w/e)

(fixed the typo in Jiyeon's name)

Maybe just some juicy gossip, I dunno
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 05:09:46 PM by shirenu »
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #1331 on: July 28, 2012, 05:29:59 PM »
Someone said that Boram unfollowed Hwayoung on Twitter. Dunno if it's true, but I think what's most shocking about all this to me is how these girls don't care to make all their bitchy drama public. I mean, I'm sure every girl group has their not-so-friendly moments, it's natural. But to be bashing each other on public social media and "unfollowing", things that fans will obviously see, is so irresponsible, unprofessional and very disrespectful to the fans who've supported T-ara as a whole.

I dunno how this will unfold, but to me T-ara has become more and more disappointing as time passes, solely due to their unprofessional and selfish attitudes. Compared to other idol groups, SOME of these girls seem to care less about professionalism. I hope I'm wrong, but that's the impression I get from them so far.

First time I was shocked was when Jiyeon did those performances a long time ago with an expressionless face and what seemed like a general lack of effort. Fans said she must've just been tired. Maybe, poor girl, but hey, tons of idols are tired. Sadly it's the nature of their job, not that I agree with it being that way. But how come all other idols go on stage and put their best effort to make the best performance possible? At that time, I felt like she may have gotten comfortable in her position as a successful idol and maybe didn't feel like she had to make the extra effort with those performances. Again, hopefully my thinking was wrong.

Another time I was sorta surprised was during a variety show where T-ara was sitting in a long table with food, dunno which it was. I just remember that some of the girls were making an effort to be entertaining, like idols usually do in variety shows, but Boram was just sitting there with the most bored, careless face I've ever seen on an idol on TV before. Again, she may have been tired, sick, who knows. But to the viewer like me, it just looks like she doesn't care about doing her job professionally. Anyone can go sit in a table in TV with a bored face. The entertainer's job is to entertain. If the entertainer doesn't care to entertain the audience, then it's just unprofessional behavior IMO.

Until now, my mind half went along with the fans' biased belief that they're just overworked and tired and that everything attitudey they do stems from that, the poor girls... Now that true bitchiness seems to be coming out clearer than ever, those disappointing thoughts from back then are resurfacing for me. Once again they've made me think that maybe they got too comfortable in their success and think they can be irresponsible and unprofessional without thinking of consequences.

The company is even worse. It's SO disrespectful to the fans to be lying about hacked accounts. Are the accounts still hacked now? Did hackers unfollow Hwayoung on Boram's account too, and change Hyomin's profile pic? They haven't bothered to make any reasonable damage control on this. It's that same attitude of "I'm successful and untouchable, and I don't care what fans think".

I'm just telling it how it feels. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong on all that, and my faith in T-ara will be somewhat restored. Surely and sadly it won't be fully restored after so much crap...

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #1332 on: July 28, 2012, 06:16:42 PM »
^ I heard the one about Boram unfollowing Hwayoung just now too, but I'm also hearing that she just never followed Hwayoung on twitter to begin with :lol:. That kinda raises an eyebrow on its own, but I suppose it's better than UN following.

I really want to avoid jumping to conclusions, but it's so damn hard XD. I don't know exactly what's going on but if there actually was a problem within the group, then you are absolutely right. It is completely irresponsible, unprofessional, and disrespectful for them to put any of this out there. I know Korean media and "netizens" get up in arms about what seem like the smallest things (like the one time the girls didn't know who some guy was and he got upset about it, so it caused controversy), but this is a situation where I can actually agree it was completely wrong.

What bothers me about it, though, goes a little deeper than whether or not there was tension within the group. What really bothers me is that no matter how this ends, it most likely gets swept under the rug. They'll shrug it off, make up a reason, the most devoted fans will eat it up, and we'll move right along. At that point, what do you believe? Either way you go you're filling in blanks by yourself and believing the version you want to believe. That makes me stop to wonder...how much more are we missing? It's like coming to that realization that someone played you for a fool, or that you've been naive the entire time. We don't know what these people are like. We only know what we're showed. I assume they're even trained to act a certain way, but it makes me feel like everything they do is what they were told to do, and the way the act is how they were told to act. I don't know how accurate that is, or more specifically how much of how they've been trained to act differs from how they really act...

So where does it end? For all I know they shouted insults at that guy they didn't recognize. Then, because of the ridiculous workings of the entire system, he gets bashed by blind followers, has to decide to ease up, and the company just sweeps it under the rug. I remember reading the controversy Rei-chan mentioned, about Jiyeon's expressionless face. If I remember it correctly, from where I was looking it seemed like she was just doing her typical Jiyeon face (see: most of the roly poly video), and was possibly a little tired. Now, for all I know, she could have been super Diva about it and just not give enough fucks to put effort into the performance XD

It's one thing for them to be different than the bubbly, shy, reserved, never-had-love personalities they portray on TV--that's expected--but for it to be a full 180 and for them to be the kind of people that would gang up on and bully one member? Ridiculous. So ridiculous, in fact, that I question if it's even possible. Surely they know better than to do that publicly, if not just for the sake of the company and their "brand". So I, like any fan, would be inclined to believe there's more to it, something we're missing. But then CCM comes out and says they were hacked XD. Which, like I said, makes things worse. So who the hell knows. They're only human, I don't expect them to be perfect, but I do hope that Hwayoung comes out of this ok. Assuming she's even a victim here, WHO THE HELL EVEN KNOWS  :lol:

Once again they've made me think that maybe they got too comfortable in their success and think they can be irresponsible and unprofessional without thinking of consequences.
Sounds exactly like what KKS cited as the reasons he wanted to add members, to avoid having the old members get like this XD.

On another note, I'm a little too lazy to go find any articles, but it seems not only did Hyomin have to rap Hwayoung's part on music bank, but she messed up and had to read the lyrics written on her hand? XD.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 05:03:04 AM by DioBrando »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1333 on: July 28, 2012, 06:24:36 PM »
Until now, my mind half went along with the fans' biased belief that they're just overworked and tired and that everything attitudey they do stems from that, the poor girls... Now that true bitchiness seems to be coming out clearer than ever, those disappointing thoughts from back then are resurfacing for me. Once again they've made me think that maybe they got too comfortable in their success and think they can be irresponsible and unprofessional without thinking of consequences.
This is EXACTLY what I'm going through right now as well! I'm now thinking that their CEO wasn't talking out of his ass when he said that some members were getting lazy and comfortable. :/ It's crazy how quickly perceptions can change.

I do have to say about Boram's twitter that some say she was never following Hwayoung in the first place - which is still bad, but it doesn't say anything about the current situation. Either way, it doesn't change how unprofessionally the girls have been handling this.

I'm somewhat certain that the announcement on 30th will seal the deal for whether I'm still a T-ara fan or not. The music I can still enjoy, but everything else is unsure...

...And looks like DioBrando replied while I was typing this :P Good going haha
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Mucca

• Go! Amazon Goddess!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1334 on: July 28, 2012, 07:57:20 PM »
This is seriously like a fanfic -- or K-Drama - come to life. At this rate, I imagine the announcement on the 30th is just going to be a large picture of a troll face and "U MAD?" flashing on the screen before they announce a new drama starring T-ara that's about a group of bitchy pop stars who dogpile on each other via social media.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #1335 on: July 28, 2012, 11:30:35 PM »
The thing that is nagging at me most is that this has come up during a GREAT time for T-ara, musically. Ever since 2010 starting with ICGBOY to now, I have genuinely enjoyed their music.

WHO THE HELL EVEN KNOWS  :lol:

My thoughts exactly.
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline brb23

• ecchi
« Reply #1336 on: July 29, 2012, 02:35:30 AM »
It probably could have come at a better time, but today is T-ara's 3rd anniversary since their debut. Shit is rough right now and they likely deserve a lot of hate they are getting for the way they behaved, but overall they've had a pretty great past three years as a group.

Happy 3rd anniversary, T-ara.

Offline DeathRealm

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1337 on: July 29, 2012, 04:59:44 AM »
Yeahhh, happy 3rd anniversary.! Man hope hwayoung isn't leaving, wish this was all just some kind of bad mix or something.  hope she stayss.

Offline KittySnack

• Forever Alone
« Reply #1338 on: July 29, 2012, 08:05:20 AM »
Thought some of you might find this interesting
http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2012/07/compilation-of-t-aras-bullying-history.html

I never really paid attention to this but if true, it is honestly sad...

Offline DeathRealm

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1339 on: July 29, 2012, 11:29:29 AM »
Man this blowsss... feel so bad for her. Can't believe she was treated like that.

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: George Lam - 10 Minute Medley