JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Possible - Shushoku = Gohan no Uta

Author Topic: (Group) T-ara (티아라)  (Read 793481 times)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: (Group) T-ara (티아라)
« Reply #1340 on: July 29, 2012, 12:53:38 PM »
I think aside from the tweets, all the bullying "evidence" can be questioned. It's all up to the interpretation, but there are some that now give me the shivers (but I may not have thought of as anything significant before).
Jiyeon missing Hwayoung's high five was the first gif that made me think "ouch".
Then there was a gif of Eunjung having a blank expression when Hwayoung was being spotlighted at a sports event:

It wouldn't be so weird out of context because sports events are boring, but those random boyband members look more excited than Hwayoung's own group mates. What?
Then there was the video of Eunjung stuffing a rice cake into Hwayoung's face. When I saw it for the first time I thought "oh ok, guess she's trying to be funny", didn't think much of it, just thought she was playing up for the camera. But the stare she gives Hwayoung before approaching her, and her expression after... now that it's pointed out it it's kinda creepy. There are caps here: http://pann.nate.com/talk/316364914
There's also Jiyeon tweet that's bothering me, but that one I'm confused about because it's said to be from January, but JY fans are saying that she stopped using twitter until February. ... But either way, it'd be Jiyeon ranking #1 on some popularity poll and then saying "poor Hwayoung got 0 points, keke". And that would be completely unnecessary...
There's also Jiyeon pointing out on Star Life Theatre that Hwayoung is just reading a book in the car because there's a camera there. "I've never seen her read a book before during the time we've been in the same group." I understood it as a joke watching it, but I noticed that Hwayoung wasn't really laughing along with them at that very moment, but seemed more awkward/embarrassed, which I already thought was a little weird then but didn't think much of it because the show moved on to them all dancing to music in the car or sth.

All of this could be nothing, even if NOW it seems like "evidence". On the other hand, it's not like they are going to call her names on camera, so little hints are the best we could get anyway, about any kind of bullying.

In any case, whether the "evidence" is just coincidental and not related to any kind of bullying at all, it doesn't change the fact that the tweets themselves were upsetting on their own as proof of the girls' unprofessionalism and that Hwayoung was targeted.

I have a feeling (not knowledge) that their relationship with Hwayoung has been a bit of an upside down U-curve - as in, they weren't close at first (obviously), then most of the members warmed up to her (so there are lots of pictures and videos of them being physically close, holding hands and things)... but recently things have become worse again. I think this because most of the more incriminating "evidence" is quite recent, like the girls not helping Hwayoung off stage with her crutches, random reports from the recent Idol Olympics thing (although there are also pics of Hwayoung sitting with T-ara members), the rice cake video and of course THE TWEETS. :P

I've read a lot of horrible comments about T-ara recently because I've been reading just about everything trying to get more information and see where people are standing with this. While I'm extremely disappointed and upset and angry at the members who were my favourites and think they deserve some rough time for their actions, I don't want to be as hateful as some others are being. It's tough. Even if the girls have this ugly side to them, I don't know if that means I should forget about all the goods sides that they have. Maybe in time some kind of resolution can be achieved, but it's way too much effort to keep trying to love people who don't seem to deserve it right now. There are plenty of other Kpop groups out there that don't have constant drama like this. STILL WAITING FOR THAT ANNOUNCEMENT, I GUESS...
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #1341 on: July 29, 2012, 02:46:08 PM »
I think in that Olympics thing (at least the first part) T-ara were kinda subdued in general... when Hwayoung was fencing against Sunhwa, the other Secret members were big time cheering for their girl, but I didn't see rest of T-ara with much reaction whenever Hwayoung was succeeding. This may be just due to editing, and there was stuff like Soyeon fixing Hwayoung's hair and whatever though, so who knows, maybe they were just tired...

Man, there's new conspiracy theories coming up all the time. Latest is that they're angry at Hwayoung because CCM told her to DO that infamous nip-slip INTENTIONALLY and she complied. Haha oh man...

Anyway, this is my fave fan reaction to the big announcement:

Love the subtle approach.

Offline Flyp

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 12th gen supporter
« Reply #1342 on: July 29, 2012, 04:40:41 PM »
This whole drama makes me really depressed.  I'm hoping that the whole bullying thing is just being blown way out of proportion and this fiasco will just go away in time but somehow I doubt that will happen... I just hope KKS doesn't do anything too drastic in response, but knowing CCM....  Good luck girls!  D=

http://i.minus.com/iSkglKtbm3FPB.gif
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 06:36:45 PM by shirenu »

Offline Mucca

• Go! Amazon Goddess!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1343 on: July 29, 2012, 05:01:19 PM »
This is just going to get more and more awkward, isn't it?
The T-ara related articles in the top 10 this morning on Nate. The viewer message board on the official 'Inkigayo' homepage is full of complaints about T-ara.

They apparently pre-recorded the stage because they found out about the fandoms organizing a Hwayoung fanchant for their stage.
I read a post elsewhere where someone said that if anyone should go, it's Hwayoung because she's doing all this for attention...which seems pretty cold. But what do I know?

There's also apparently an official petition going around calling for the disbandment of T-ara? Craaaazy.

Offline SpyderMunky

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1344 on: July 29, 2012, 06:52:33 PM »
Anyway, this is my fave fan reaction to the big announcement:

Love the subtle approach.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!  :nervous

meanwhile, back at the ranch....

This whole drama is getting a bit crazy...I kinda had a bad feeling about adding more members to an already stable group, like T-ara.
At first, i thought adding more members would be the start of replacing older members after a few months had gone by.
Then, the personalities of each girls would start clashing. The stress the record puts on each member of T-ara mostly like a huge part in this, I'm pretty sure their "Diva's Ego" would eventually creep out sooner or later....well looks like it's now.

Disbandment of T-ara??? I doubt it, isn't T-ara their "meal ticket?" Sad to say.

Offline KittySnack

• Forever Alone
« Reply #1345 on: July 29, 2012, 06:56:40 PM »
Man, oh mannnn..I'm still waiting on that announcement. >_< It's S#arp all over again - sorta. ! Q__Q
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 07:05:43 PM by KittySnack »

Offline Azagrath

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1346 on: July 29, 2012, 08:26:26 PM »
Man, just when T-ara was making a good comeback and becoming a high point in an otherwise lackluster K-pop year, then this shit...

I honestly don't know what to think at this point. Trying to wade through all the "evidence" and general bullshit to actually find something of substance isn't easy either, so there's really nothing to do but wait and see.

If all this turns out to be true, then... I dunno. I love both the music and the girls, but I certainly won't feel like supporting them if they've actually really bullied Hwayoung. Thankfully I'm too caught up in AKB48 land at the moment to really get worked up over this. It's more disappointment than anything else. Hopefully this is all just a misunderstanding and T-ara can go back to being a magical place of rainbows and happiness (even if it is horribly overworked and tired rainbows). :roll:

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #1347 on: July 30, 2012, 12:30:58 AM »
Announcement Party in the IRC chat @ 11:30pm EST (apparently the announcement is @ 12pm EST so, yea)

Be there or be square.

ps - I know this isn't a party occasion but, if the worst should happen and people are getting kicked out or whatever, we can be there in real time for emotional support and all that.

sig not by Stryfe... but I don't have the heart to remove the shout-out

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #1348 on: July 30, 2012, 01:01:12 AM »
Shitting bricks in REAL TIME via IRC XD

Man. this shit just breaks my heart...Looking at all the "proof" of bullying...I know none of it is conclusive, but just the thought of it really breaks my fucking heart. It's odd, cuz I honestly never knew I was emotionally invested to that point, but I feel so bad for Hwayoung (while assuming most of this is true)...it just sucks :(. Whatever happens I'm not sure I'll ever feel the same way about them, which is definitely something I didn't expect...

Like shirenu said, going back and watching some of that stuff just gave me chills. I remember seeing Eunjung stuffing the rice cake down Hwayoung's mouth, and I definitely thought to myself "aw man, of course she picked Hwayoung, it's probably like a semi-hazing sort of thing" but I really didn't think much of it. I thought it was just like a cute sort of "you're the newest, no hard feelings" thing, not a petty bitch kinda thing. Now I don't know what to think. This video has been shown around as more "proof":

@ 3:37....I don't know the exact context (the Japanese force is weak as hell within me), but it looks like people are picking the member they find the prettiest? All the girls practically bust out laughing when Hwayoung gets chosen, and Hwayoung's expression just broke my fucking heart, srs. I'm sure as hell I'm making up stories for that expression in my head, but it looked like she wanted to cry XD...like, no way she'd expect for ANYONE to consider her the best looking, she's probably always being told otherwise ("poor Hwayoung got 0 points...keke", amirite?)..just sitting off in a corner barely interacting.

Speculation or not, they've done a fine job of convincing me something is not right, and it sucks ;_;
No longer El Brandinator on Minus. No Longer all All T-ara all the time. All love tho.

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #1349 on: July 30, 2012, 01:07:50 AM »
jfc this whole fiasco has been completely blown up into epic proportion, there's been so many posts of opinions on the whole matter ranging from 'their schedules--stress--pressure has caused some turmoil; the bullying has been going on far longer rather than just recent; it's Hwayoung's fault/she's one actually bullying the members; Hwayoung performed in a chair while Eunjung/Soyeon still performed during their injuries so she deserves it'.

Like, good grief what is going on?

I'm trying to keep a clear head on this until KKS's statement which I'm sure is gonna be a bunch of bullshit either way.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1350 on: July 30, 2012, 01:10:24 AM »
I'm dying waiting for this annoucement.
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #1351 on: July 30, 2012, 01:23:47 AM »
jfc this whole fiasco has been completely blown up into epic proportion, there's been so many posts of opinions on the whole matter ranging from 'their schedules--stress--pressure has caused some turmoil; the bullying has been going on far longer rather than just recent; it's Hwayoung's fault/she's one actually bullying the members; Hwayoung performed in a chair while Eunjung/Soyeon still performed during their injuries so she deserves it'.

Like, good grief what is going on?

I'm trying to keep a clear head on this until KKS's statement which I'm sure is gonna be a bunch of bullshit either way.

exactly why I've been m.i.a. this whole time from the thread.

as a side note... if anyone is proficient with photoshop please... PLEASE... photoshop a picture of the face of the head of CCM or whoever is the lead of this announcement onto Bane from Batman's body with the caption "I'm T-ara's Reckoning." I'll be your best friend.

sig not by Stryfe... but I don't have the heart to remove the shout-out

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1352 on: July 30, 2012, 02:33:14 AM »

@ 3:37....I don't know the exact context (the Japanese force is weak as hell within me), but it looks like people are picking the member they find the prettiest? All the girls practically bust out laughing when Hwayoung gets chosen, and Hwayoung's expression just broke my fucking heart, srs. I'm sure as hell I'm making up stories for that expression in my head, but it looked like she wanted to cry XD...like, no way she'd expect for ANYONE to consider her the best looking, she's probably always being told otherwise ("poor Hwayoung got 0 points...keke", amirite?)..just sitting off in a corner barely interacting.

Speculation or not, they've done a fine job of convincing me something is not right, and it sucks ;_;
I remember watching this with subs and I think they were actually picking who's the most scary or something along those lines. If you watch from the start of the people choosing, the members also laughed when Hyomin first got picked and Hwayoung's expression at that time pretty much looked the same as 3:37.

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #1353 on: July 30, 2012, 03:31:57 AM »
Yeah, sounds to me like the host is asking about kowai, not kawaii XD  And I agree with storyboard, Hwayoung face to me looks pretty much the same throughout the segment... The other girl however (Qri?) seemed to be getting tearful about being picked so much.

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #1354 on: July 30, 2012, 03:32:42 AM »
I just figured she had that expression because she was having a hard time following along since wasn't she struggling with her Japanese? :|

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #1355 on: July 30, 2012, 03:41:19 AM »
So basically I completely misinterpreted the video due to my assumptions. Solid proof that without context and too many assumptions everything gets warped :P

See, I was trying to prove that incredibly relevant point all along. Of course. Naturally.
No longer El Brandinator on Minus. No Longer all All T-ara all the time. All love tho.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1356 on: July 30, 2012, 06:19:48 AM »
WHOA.... I didn't wanna believe it to be true but ssssshiit

<DioBrando> HWAYOUNG IS LEAVING T-ARA, ITS CONFIRMED
<DioBrando> nathaniel ‏@n_athaniel
<DioBrando> KIM KWANGSOO IS GETTING RID OF THE SCANDAL BY BLAMING EVERYTHING ON HWAYOUNG
<KittySnack> whereee
<KittySnack> zoommahgoodness
<KittySnack> oh shit
<KittySnack> u are right
<KittySnack> NOOOOOO
<Forthisgift> that's it..
<DioBrando> wowwwwww
<DioBrando> shit
<DioBrando> meet fan
<Forthisgift> moving on to crayon pop
<Forthisgift> whos coming with me?
<mode106> OMGGGG
<shirenu> ....
<Forthisgift> there she is
<KittySnack> fman
<daigong> :OOOOOOOOOOOOO
<KittySnack> sigh....
<DioBrando> nathaniel ‏@n_athaniel
<DioBrando> HE CONFIRMED THEY ARE BULLYING HWAYOUNG AND APOLOGIZED ON BEHALF OF T-ARA
<DioBrando> wow
<Forthisgift> shit just got REAL
<KittySnack> wow
<DioBrando> sorry they bullied her, she was rude
<Forthisgift> ^ translateeeeeeeee
<DioBrando> google translate doesn't have enough power
<KittySnack> netizens are going to rip T-ara apart

:shocked

Offline brb23

• ecchi
« Reply #1357 on: July 30, 2012, 06:21:14 AM »
How fucked.

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #1358 on: July 30, 2012, 06:26:04 AM »
Well fan-freaking-fantasic, good job KKS, you totally solved this problem.

EDIT:

So many things are being throw left and right, as far as I know, I don't think the actual truth will see the light of day; if the other members were bulling Hwayoung or Hwayoung was actually being the offender, nothing got solved. One rumor says the staff was against Hwayoung's contract termination as was the other members though KKS said the staff complained about her and the members were against her leaving and Hwayoung had been wanting to leave for awhile, so then why not deny the bullying allegations instead of trying to cover it up?

Hwayoung also tweeted (googled translated btw) "Facts not true.", could mean and apply to anything but we'll never know.

What is this anymore?

Also where is Qri in all of this?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 07:23:57 AM by Kid_Alpha »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1359 on: July 30, 2012, 07:19:52 AM »
So as it turns out, the bullied one had to leave...

I'll say somewhat the same stuff that I said in IRC,

It's not just that I'm upset & disappointed at T-ara members being bullies, but a certain level of trust has been lost. I can't trust what the girls say, not even their tears.
I'm sick of being emotionally manipulated into feeling sorry for the members and worrying because everything's so "hard" for them.
Even now I'm feeling worried because of the shitstorm that is out there, but they brought it on themselves and should take the responsibility.

So now I'm trying to find a way to quit a fandom. I've never had to do this before so I'm kind of lost lol. I don't think I hate the girls, but how can I be a fan if I can't trust anything I see...

I can still listen to their music because work can be separated from the artist... But anything else... :/
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Possible - Shushoku = Gohan no Uta