JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sloth Love Chunks - So Fa Mi Re

Author Topic: (Group) T-ara (티아라)  (Read 793500 times)

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
Re: (Group) T-ara (티아라)
« Reply #1540 on: August 11, 2012, 03:54:20 AM »
First of all, Welcome Lavinya  :)

Now to catch up on the 30 day challenge XD Unfortunately, I've been wayyy too busy lately...

6. A T-ara song that you find cool.

Cry Cry. The attitude of the choreography has that cool vibe. Swag is a word that comes to mind haha. Obviously when Boram says "lets dance" every time I think to myself, "yes please?"

7. A favourite performance from your favourite member.

Kitty cat Boram. 'Nuff said.

8. Something you like about your least favourite member.

Oh, Qri... what an enigma. If she didn't have the personality of a baked potato I think she'd be one of my favorites, but because I'm supposed to say something nice, I will say that her "I don't give a fuck" attitude kept her publicly out of the recent shenanigans that sent our world into a tailspin not too long ago. For that, I give her credit.

sig not by Stryfe... but I don't have the heart to remove the shout-out

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1541 on: August 11, 2012, 07:40:01 AM »
HMM Ahreum's got a decent voice. That's all I can say for now since she just joined and I couldn't really get to 'know' her.

9. A T-ara album/b-side song that you wish was officially promoted.
Ma Boo mA BOO something something MA BOO.
I wonder if people would have liked/appreciated Hwayoung a bit earlier if this was promoted since she does quite a bit of rapping in it.

Offline Quick8

« Reply #1542 on: August 11, 2012, 07:45:02 AM »

Before the Idol Brain Competetion they had a year or two ago I had no memory of what Boram's normal, talking voice sounded like.  After hearing her speak I took a liking to her voice.  Theres no real reason why Boram's my 'least' favourite, I just take more notice of the other members I guess.

She comes in at 09:12

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #1543 on: August 11, 2012, 02:14:16 PM »

There's several good options for this, I'll go with "Goodbye, OK" from Black Eyes/Funky Town. Rather like it.

Now with extra Eunjung. :love:

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #1544 on: August 11, 2012, 05:00:03 PM »

I have a soft spot for K-pop style R&B.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #1545 on: August 12, 2012, 01:05:13 AM »
6. A T-ara song that you find cool

Ma Boo reminds me of Coffee House, so ill go with that.

7. A favourite performance from your favourite member

I'm gonna cheat and go with this one. Not a performance at all but I really do love this.

8. Something you like about your least favourite member

Qri's eyes.

9. A T-ara album/b-side song that you wish was officially promoted

I'm So Bad from Black Eyes would have been cool to see performed.
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • K-M-E-I Kamei! K-A-M-E Kyamei!
« Reply #1546 on: August 12, 2012, 02:03:33 AM »
HMM Ahreum's got a decent voice. That's all I can say for now since she just joined and I couldn't really get to 'know' her. apping in it.
oh pfft...I totally forgot about her, otherwise she would've been my least fav, but then again that wouldn't be fair she's still new after all. :P

So many goodies from Absolute First Album, but I would also go with "Fallin' U" if it weren't for the horrendous Engrish. :P I can imagine them sitting under spotlights harmonizing as Hyomin and Eunjung do their raps at each end.  8)

Has anyone seen this poll about which girl group has the strongest determination and T-ara whooped butt at 80% I would've said "Yeah!" but I think netizens were trolling big time.  :thumbdown: http://www.allkpop.com/2012/08/netizens-choose-t-ara-as-the-girl-group-with-the-strongest-determination
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 02:25:39 AM by DO Me DO Me »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1547 on: August 12, 2012, 02:43:39 AM »

Choosing Areum would be too easy right? Since she's the newbie... :lol:

Right, I've started liking the Iduncurr Qri more recently, so that leaves me with Boram...

I like her shortness :lol: She's around my height so whenever I see her I think "oh, that's what I would look like" :D So rare in Kpop...
I also like her natural :< face. And she can be very cute. Weeeee.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #1548 on: August 12, 2012, 03:14:12 AM »

Boram being the hands down least favorite member of the forum I can handle.. but now I find out she's a bad sister?? I think I need to sort my life out lol
When asked if they kept in contact often, she replied to the amusement of the panel, “We actually don’t. Unni doesn’t pick up her phone. When I have something important I need to ask, she puts me in quite the predicament by not answering her phone.”

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #1549 on: August 12, 2012, 04:06:03 AM »
11. Your favourite dancer in T-ara.

Hmmm I'd say that's tough but Eunjung and Hwayoung; Eunjung mainly for the duration of IGCAY and it was just really great, Hwayoung because despite her saying how she had a hard time memorizing moves and such, I think she performs very well. Lovey Dovey and for this I'm Really Hurt performance.

12. Your favourite rapper in T-ara.

Ha ha, Hwayoung. 6 ヮ 9

At least, I think, in such a short time she really improved, just from the her Don't Leave and Day by Day rap parts.

13. Your favourite singing voice in T-ara.

Hyomin, I really like her singing from not just her parts in T-Ara songs but just whenever she just does it randomly.

Even though Hwayoung is technically no longer a member, I just can't let it go apparently.

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • K-M-E-I Kamei! K-A-M-E Kyamei!
« Reply #1550 on: August 12, 2012, 06:51:48 AM »
Quote from: Forthisgift on August 12, 2012, 03:14:12 AM

Boram being the hands down least favorite member of the forum I can handle.. but now I find out she's a bad sister?? I think I need to sort my life out lol
When asked if they kept in contact often, she replied to the amusement of the panel, “We actually don’t. Unni doesn’t pick up her phone. When I have something important I need to ask, she puts me in quite the predicament by not answering her phone.”
Yeah, I wanted to leave a comment on AKP cuz people kept bashing Boram for that but it's no use trying to get through to those folks there. :roll: I wouldn't say Boram's a bad sister, they seem pretty close to me. I either heard this from somewhere a long time ago or I'm mixing her up with someone else but I think Boram is a little absentminded and unorganized about things like that. If you remember her side of the room when they went to T-ara's dorm, Qri's side was cutie and pretty (of course) while Boram's side was a tornado disaster area. XD So I wouldn't be surprised if she lost her phone a couple of times. But then I do kinda remember something about them not seeing each other for a long time, I get the impression that their parents don't live together because I've never seen them together whether in pictures or videos, and I recall Boram lived with her dad while her sister lived with her mom(?) IDK, it's probably not true at all. :P Most likely could be because of T-ara's cray cray schedule that they don't have much time to contact each other. I'm sure if we saw the clip of Wooram talking we can sense what kind of tone she's giving off, because reading that sounds like it's a bad thing Boram don't keep contact with her but it's taken out of context as netizens like to do. :roll: Then again I'm probably speaking as an older sister because even though my sisters and I are close we don't constantly keep in contact with each other (they live 3 hours away) unless it's something important like coming over tomorrow last minute as I scramble to get my place cleaned before they come. :lol: Now back to cleaning... LOL

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #1551 on: August 12, 2012, 09:04:51 AM »
I wouldn't say Boram's a bad sister, they seem pretty close to me.

any tangible proof of this or... what? When Wooram says that when her sister isn't answering the phone when she needs to ask important questions that's first hand testimony. Trust me, no wants to look at Boram in a positive light as much as I do but c'mon... I'm no longer interested in reading into messy rooms, impressions, personal anecdotes, etc. I learned my lesson when the Hwayoung thing happened. Perhaps "bad sister" is too vague and, since you brought up the older sister thing who is close yet doesn't constantly keep in touch(which mirrors the Boram/Wooram article), I feel as though I offended you by proxy which might've prompted that response. So I apologize and admit that there are different interpretations of what it means to be a good family member. As an older brother, I take great pride in keeping in constant contact with my younger siblings. I suppose it's just situational/part of the values that have been imparted on me. But being put "in quite the predicament" doesn't sound like something that can be taken out of context. Any way I try and twist it I can't shake the negative connotation. If you can, don't let me be the last to know.

Offline Quick8

« Reply #1552 on: August 12, 2012, 09:52:32 AM »

It would have been cool if Ma Boo was promoted.

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #1553 on: August 12, 2012, 04:28:20 PM »
This is becoming confusing XD  With people going ahead of the actual day on the challenge questions I don't know which I'm supposed to answer today anymore...  :sweatdrop:

This seems to be the last one that most people answered so,

I only know T-ara's officially promoted songs XD
People have posted pretty nice ones here, but without knowing a substantial amount of them I can't really make a good informed decision  :ptam-aww:

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline Runningmanlegend1

• ecchi
« Reply #1554 on: August 12, 2012, 04:30:57 PM »

It would have been cool if Ma Boo was promoted.
i think so too  .. definitely my pick too.. :)

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #1555 on: August 12, 2012, 10:53:38 PM »
My lord I've fallen way far behind in the challenge XD. I had finally found some time to answer a few about 2 days ago and then my computer crashed and I lost my post ;_;. I'll just cram them all and play catch up when I get some time in a bit XD

Just wanna leave this here, Soyeon interview:

I haven't searched for/seen a full translation yet but apparently the gist [of the part we all care most about] is that she feels bad about what happened, feels responsible because she's the leader and she tweeted something that got out of hand and in retrospect was probably inappropriate. It's pretty much her just saying what a lot of people have been saying, it wasn't PERFECT but it was nowhere near as bad as the out of context clips would have people believe, and it makes her very sad. Sad Soyeon T_T. I forgive youuuuu ;_;
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 11:41:48 PM by DioBrando »
No longer El Brandinator on Minus. No Longer all All T-ara all the time. All love tho.

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #1556 on: August 13, 2012, 12:25:54 AM »
I have to admit it, I don't think there was bullying but I do believe they had a hard-time adapting to a suddenly new member and then being threaten that they could be replaced (possibly using Hwayoung as an example). I do think that as time went on, they were finally able to find some common ground and of course they'll fight with each other, if they didn't then that would be weird but I know that everyone has some differences that conflict with others, especially in a group.

It could be possible since they were an already established group and team, Hwayoung had a hard-time stopping herself from feeling like she was intruding, while the other members were busy realizing that if they stepped out of line or anything stupid, they would be cut. It was a double-edged sword.

I forgive them, I believe what Soyeon is saying, I just want to finally have some kind of sincerity through out all the crap that has been spilled. It's hard to believe in KKS since he's a known liar and when can you ever trust a liar, maybe his letter of apology was actually true?

Just, can't the girls finally move on and get some peace already.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 03:20:43 AM by Kid_Alpha »

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #1557 on: August 13, 2012, 01:50:15 AM »
Sad Soyeon T_T. I forgive youuuuu ;_;

I forgive them... Just, can't the girls finally move on and get some peace already.

GROUP HUGGGG! I just want my group back already, you knoww?!?!

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #1558 on: August 13, 2012, 01:59:16 AM »
Group Hu-- FUCKING FUCK.

[12.08.13] Soyeon taken to the hospital after a major car accident

T-ara's Soyeon is in the hospital after getting in a car accident in the rain.

At 7:00 AM on the 13th, Soyeon was on her way to Busan to film for KBS 2TV's "Haeundae Lovers". Her manager was driving the vehicle and because of the rain, it was slippery and their car hit the side railings which resulted in the vehicle flipping over.

It was said Soyeon, a stylist and two other people were in the car. After the accident, they all were taken to a nearby hospital emergency room to get proper x-ray and cat scans.

An agency official said, "Because of a sudden storm, it became slippery. The managers are rushing to get down to the location currently. The vehicle overturned and the accident turned out to be a very big one. The paramedics arrived at the scene of the accident immediately and transferred everyone to the emergency room."

Following, "Thankfully, Soyeon has no big injuries but the traffic was being held up and the schedule for the drama filming had to be postponed for her to received a proper check-up at the hospital."

Soyeon plays Lee Kwansoon in "Haeundae Lovers", her first acting role.

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20120813n04969
Translated by: Nathaniel @ diadem
No longer El Brandinator on Minus. No Longer all All T-ara all the time. All love tho.

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #1559 on: August 13, 2012, 02:02:54 AM »
Her manager was driving the vehicle and because of the rain, it was slippery and their car hit the side railings which resulted in the vehicle flipping over.

Can we not have a minute of peace?? Wow... we were just about to hug it out and sing koombyah by the campfire too.

Where have you been Dio??

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sloth Love Chunks - So Fa Mi Re