JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hologram - Bird

Author Topic: (Group) T-ara (티아라)  (Read 793644 times)

Offline KittySnack

• Forever Alone
Re: (Group) T-ara (티아라)
« Reply #1560 on: August 13, 2012, 02:10:50 AM »
I'm glad to know that her and the staff suffered no big injuries. All best wishes to these girls. Stay strong!!! :)

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #1561 on: August 13, 2012, 02:28:42 AM »
Wow, these girls can't catch a break lately. Hopefully she's okay and can get some good rest at home soon!

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #1562 on: August 13, 2012, 03:22:53 AM »
Her manager was driving the vehicle and because of the rain, it was slippery and their car hit the side railings which resulted in the vehicle flipping over.

Can we not have a minute of peace?? Wow... we were just about to hug it out and sing koombyah by the campfire too.

Where have you been Dio??
Tell me about it, I was about to bust out the marshmallows  :thumbdown:. I'm just glad she's ok....I hope she's better than ok, but "no big injuries" is at least somewhat promising...I just hope we have the same definition of big :P

And I don't know how I managed to not touch down here (or irc) in almost a week, or whatever XD...I kept meaning to come and get my 30 day challenge on but couldn't find the time  :nervous
No longer El Brandinator on Minus. No Longer all All T-ara all the time. All love tho.

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #1563 on: August 13, 2012, 03:23:35 AM »
It's just one thing after another...

Is the whole universe against them? I hope everyone is alright and this is just the end of whatever crap storm they've endured already.

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #1564 on: August 13, 2012, 04:18:19 AM »
AKP posted a translation to the Soyeon interview (or parts of it? I dunno):

Quote from: Allkpop
The girl group T-ara has recently gotten into hot water following the alleged ‘bullying’ scandal, where evidence was presented from both sides, and the departure of Hwayoung.

During the filming of her drama, ‘Haeundae Lovers’, the Chosun Ilbo caught up with member Soyeon to talk about her current issues in life. They met at the agency office located in Seoul. Currently busy filming in her new role as ‘Gwan Soon’, she is now afraid of going out in public. “When it comes time to eat during filming, I’m afraid of the way people look at me so I can’t go into the restaurant.”

—–

Q: You’re filming your drama in the middle of a huge controversy.

A: If I hadn’t taken part in ‘Haeundae Lovers’, it would have been much harder. The directors (Song Hyun Wook, Park Jin Wook) always encouraged me, and that was a relief. My ‘father’ in the drama, Lee Jae Yong sunbaenim, as well as others also told me to be strong.

Q: Your role requires a strong Busan accent, it must be very challenging.

A: It’s like a foreign language. I like the Busan accent so I tried copying it, but it’s definitely different to do it as an actress.

Q: Have you ever seen yourself on the screen acting?

A: (shakes head) I am working very hard on acting, but the situation being as it is I’m afraid of turning on the television or going on the Internet. I should watch my acting and try to perform better, but I can’t handle it yet.

Q: Let’s get straight to the point. Was there a ‘bully’?

A: I also saw the ‘evidence’ the netizens uploaded online. I did think that if that was all they saw, the ‘bullying’ point of view could have made sense. It is true that there were negative feelings towards Hwayoung during our Tokyo concert. When Hwayoung claimed she couldn’t perform because of her leg, and when she was at the beauty shop by herself when we were practicing, there was a fight between the members. Following the performance, we told the President to handle this for us. Starting from that point, many things happened and we didn’t know that it would lead to Hwayoung’s departure.

Q: Are you saying that the members did not want Hwayoung to leave the group?

A: Not at all. We all learned about this through the articles. We were angry at our company. All we said was there was a point of conflict, so we asked them to find a solution. If Hwayoung leaves like this, the blame goes to all of us. But our President told us, “let’s do it like this for Hwayoung’s sake”. We felt very torn.

Q: The other members never left out Hwayoung? Is it true that there were rifts in your relationships?

A: There are 7-8 teenage girls in their ‘teens and twenties, all staying together. Everyone want to be famous and become recognized, so it’s impossible to have no conflicts at all. Every day, members fight and apologize, stay together and separate. It was a similar situation with Hwayoung. If you’re asking if we had bad relationships because of that, then everyone in our group has bad relationships.

Q: This is your first interview after the scandal.

A: I was very afraid and scared. But the other members will soon go into sitcom filming as well and will need to take questions from the media. I figured since it has to happen someday, I might as well be the first.

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #1565 on: August 13, 2012, 04:20:46 AM »
and also:

Update: The car slid when braking and to avoid colliding with the vehicle in front, it hit the guardrail and flipped over.

The hospital officials said, "Soyeon strained her neck (the ligaments and muscles in the neck were stretched or possibly torn) and after receiving emergency treatment, she went back to Seoul since her schedule was canceled."

Soyeon was going to Busan to film for KBS 2TV's "Haeundae Lovers" and at the accident, she did not show any signs or complain of a neck injury but remains in an uncertain state.

T_T
No longer El Brandinator on Minus. No Longer all All T-ara all the time. All love tho.

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #1566 on: August 13, 2012, 04:32:48 AM »
Wow, that looks terrible. Good thing that the van seems to be pretty strong... I mean, for a car that flipped over, looks like it withstood the crash pretty well.

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #1567 on: August 13, 2012, 04:37:27 AM »
dude... I've seen cars like that on the highway with people being removed on stretchers. That is not a good look  :(

LOL nice sig Dio.

sig not by Stryfe... but I don't have the heart to remove the shout-out

Offline Quick8

« Reply #1568 on: August 13, 2012, 04:43:24 AM »
It looks like it just flipped on to its side.  When the report said 'flipped over,' I thought it meant on its roof or worse.  Still not a good ordeal.  Her neck's gonna be giving her hell for a while.  Hope she gets better soon.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1569 on: August 13, 2012, 11:54:01 AM »
Oh fuck, it never does end, does it... I hope she feels better soon... If she wasn't feeling bad yet, it might just mean the pain will surface later :/ Shieett

Her interview was very good... Makes sense and I'd like to believe what she said was true... And if CCM plan was to punish the girls for talking crap about KKS, well plan failed because there she goes again :P
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #1570 on: August 13, 2012, 12:22:41 PM »

Damn, that's terrible. More from Diadem...

[12.08.13] T-ara's Soyeon rushed to Seoul hospital for emergency medical treatment

Girl group T-ara's Soyeon was transported to Seoul in a neck strap after being in a car accident.

On the 13th, Core Contents Media said, "Soyeon was taken from the hospital in Gumi to the hospital in Seoul for emergency medical treatment. More precise tests will be finished in Seoul and they'll check the status of her body."

Star News has obtained exclusive photos of Soyeon at the hospital lying down with a neck strap and she seemed to be in a lot of pain.

Her agency said, "Apparently Soyeon received injuries from the accident and we're very surprised. She has pain in her neck, shoulders, back and side."

They continued, "Her schedule for 'Haeundae Lovers' is canceled today. We'll discuss more with crew about her next schedules after we get an update on her health status. Soyeon said she has strong intentions to continue shooting."

Including Soyeon, five people were involved in the car accident.

Source: http://media.daum.net/entertain/enews/view?newsid=20120813130013947
Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

:(

Offline Bjoernlunda

• ecchi
« Reply #1571 on: August 14, 2012, 12:17:29 AM »
T-ara is the best k-pop group IMO, only IU is better. But can't count her as a "group"

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #1572 on: August 14, 2012, 02:21:59 AM »
About Soyeon's interview, I wonder if at any point during the video she apologized. Am I the only one here who feels that the members should show actual regret for the mess they caused? Hwayoung did post apologetic messages, and has allegedly apologized to the CEO for her part in the situation. What about the rest?

According to Soyeon herself, they did display bad feelings towards Hwayoung as a group and there was a fight, which resulted in their infamous inappropriate tweets. In the very least, they should publicly apologize for the tweets. Just as they made their fight public, they should make their regret for their actions public. I truly don't feel any sense of regret from her in the interview transcript. She mentions them being concerned that people would blame them for Hwayoung leaving. Is that it? That's all they're concerned about here? What about Hwayoung's life? She says the relationship was the same as with the other girls, since they all fight and makeup all the time. But I bet if Hyomin was being kicked (for example), they would've cared about more than where the blame would go. I don't really get it. Maybe it's all lost in translation? Please someone correct me if that's the case, since I don't know Korean.

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #1573 on: August 14, 2012, 03:44:07 AM »
Here's a transcript from the diadem subs translation of the part of the interview in question:

Q. About the bullying rumors...
A. I saw the evidence that people edited. When we participate in programs, there are things we do to make it more interesting. We always have a reason for doing these things, but sometimes it's not always shown. Anyone who sees the edited evidence will also think that bullying was involved. We were really shocked and upset.

Q. Why was the evidence seen like that?
A. I don't know why it was seen like that, I really don't know. We were just fooling and joking around, just like that. But, to have it viewed as bullying was really shocking. We've just become young adults with friends who have also graduated not too long ago. It's something we found difficult to bear.

Q. Is it true that the relationships [between the members] weren't that good?
A. For certain, I wasn't a perfect eonnie, and so there was some dissatisfaction or unhappiness. There were things I did which other people felt dissatisfied about or which unknowingly hurt others. I am sorry about that, but there hasn't been any intentional or malicious acts which people have interpreted there to be.

Q. Hwayoung really looked like she was an outcast.
A. I really don't know why Hwayoung was seen like that. We were members for 1.5 years, and we really treated each other as sisters. Because of that, ideas like we were divided like water and oil, those kinds of thoughts, never crossed our minds. That is why with the situation as it is right now, it's so much more difficult and harder.

Q. Via SNS, the rumors of conflict were amplified & widely interpreted.
A. The part where we expressed our thoughts through SNS is something we all think we did wrong. Because it was amplified and widely interpreted so much, all of us, our families, the people around us, Hwayoung, and Hwayoung's family are all hurt. That things turned out like this is really, really difficult and upsetting. Our hearts are pained from this. Not long ago, we were all in the practice room together. When we missed our mothers, we would cry together. When we were tired, we would complain together. When we were happy, we would play and have fun together. Even though it has been really difficult, it has always been bearable because we could persevere and carry on together.

It's more "I'm sorry this happened" and less "I'm sorry to Hwayoung" :P. I'm sure everything she said was carefully examined by anyone who would be affected by it (read: KKS) XD. Chances are a direct apology to Hwayoung would just make them seem guilty, and was something they wanted to avoid. The best way for them to save face is probably "Whoah, we didn't do any of these horrible things, but I'm so sorry if I ever did something wrong and I'm so sorry things went bad :("

We'll likely never get the answers we're looking for :(

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #1574 on: August 14, 2012, 03:59:33 AM »
^ Oh definitely! I didn't mean an apology to Hwayoung though XD Since we don't fully know how much Hwayoung triggered their anger, I wouldn't expect them to apologize to her. And youre right, it would automatically make them look guilty. But I was talking about an apology to their fans/audience, or some clear indication of remorse. Soyeon admitted they singled her out during the tour, for whatever reasons, and they did cause this mess to explode publicly due to their irresponsible tweets, so I feel they should AT LEAST show some regret for these actions. Not apologize to Hwayoung, but to their fans and audiences, just like Hwayoung did.

How come that Diadem translation is SO different from the Allkpop one? XD  Is Korean so hard to interpret that every translation will be that different? So weird lol

Well according to the Diadem translation she at least says "is something we all think we did wrong". But meh, I feel they should properly apologize since it caused all this mess for T-ara and their fans, even if it was all a misunderstanding of sorts. Maybe I've gotten used to that part of the K-pop world, in which artists/idols immediately apologize for anything they do, even if it's just a misunderstanding they caused. Really, if Hwayoung already apologized to the fans, why should it be so hard for them to do the same? It may even make people sympathize more with them, as opposed to just hiding and hoping people will forget.

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #1575 on: August 14, 2012, 04:13:06 AM »
From what I read, allkpop (reliably) translated a transcript of the interview posted in a Korean news article. They did not directly translate the video interview we all saw, so I'm not sure who to blame for the discrepancies, but I think both translations were accurate XD

But yeah, definitely a bit of a sideways apology. I guess some would say an apology isn't in order, but I definitely see what you're saying :P. I'm not sure what the deal is, but what she said there is more expressing regret for the situation they ended up in as opposed to regret for what happened, as you were saying. It does seem kinda odd they wouldn't just outright apologize, since, like you said, I've seen them apologize for some of the most trivial things ever :lol:

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #1576 on: August 14, 2012, 04:14:42 AM »
I imagine the Soyeon interview is just the first of many and we'll hear more about this in the future. Maybe a group interview or something. I also imagine that this ordeal will linger throughout the rest of T-ara's lifetime... there are some things that you just can't shake regardless of what really happened. Honestly, I still have mixed feelings about my future as a T-ara fan. I love them and I want to see them perform and be silly on TV again but I already want to trade Ahreum and Dani in for Hwayoung and just get back to business as it was. It's obviously not the new members fault that this happened and they don't deserve my feeling the way I do, but that's how I feel. I have no emotional investment in the new members so I find myself projecting my anger about the situation onto them for no good reason. I'm afraid I'm never going to be able to enjoy T-ara the way I used to :/

You think we'll ever see Hwayoung again? I'd like to see her get back on stage somehow.

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #1577 on: August 14, 2012, 04:36:36 AM »
I think it'd be pretty awesome if after a few years, Hwayoung somehow found success in entertainment too and they've all gotten over their differences and reunite at some event and sing together looking all nice and friendly XD I wonder what are the odds of that happening...

Are we on day 10 of the challenge?  :lol:

10. Your favourite fancam of a performance.

I don't feel like browsing the millions of fancams in Youtube, so I'll choose this one, because Jiyeon acts sorta cute and because near the beginning it looks like fire is coming out of her butt  :P

Now if the question was favorite fancam in general, I could choose this:

I love that Jiyeon, Hyomin, Hwayoung and Eunjung greet the fans so enthusiastically. Eunjung even looks grateful.  :heart:  I hate when idols act all superior and ignore the fans whithout whom they would not have a career, so I particularly love it when idols show true appreciation for their fans. It surprises me though, how only those 4 seem to show any excitement at all, while the other 3 look like they couldn't care less XD  Then again, it may be that the camera didn't catch their good moments there. Who knows~ lol
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 05:22:31 AM by Rei-chan »

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #1578 on: August 14, 2012, 04:40:37 AM »
Good to hear nothing is broken or anything but WTH! why are Kpop staff such terrible drivers? o_O

Am I the only one that thinks the pictures of her in the hospital are disgusting? Weather it was CCM deciding to take advantage of the situation and release them for sympathy or just Star News getting their hands on them some other backdoor way, it just doesn't sit right with me. :/

But I bet if Hyomin was being kicked (for example), they would've cared about more than where the blame would go. I don't really get it. Maybe it's all lost in translation? Please someone correct me if that's the case, since I don't know Korean.

I reality none of the original 3 'core' members or Soyeon are in any danger of being forced out. They have missed performances before and their was no resentment (was there?). IMO KKS planted that seed a while back and was waiting for a reason to make a change. Unfortunately for Hwayoung her injury led to a situation that gave him that reason. The bullying stuff, the stuff about Hwayoung refusing to perform or whatever, that's all just petty jostling for position and shadows the real issue.

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #1579 on: August 14, 2012, 04:48:28 AM »
Am I the only one that thinks the pictures of her in the hospital are disgusting?

You aren't alone.

I reality none of the original 3 'core' members or Soyeon are in any danger of being forced out. They have missed performances before and their was no resentment (was there?). IMO KKS planted that seed a while back and was waiting for a reason to make a change. Unfortunately for Hwayoung her injury led to a situation that gave him that reason. The bullying stuff, the stuff about Hwayoung refusing to perform or whatever, that's all just petty jostling for position and shadows the real issue.

I think it's best to just leave well enough alone on this one. Shady business is shady.

JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hologram - Bird