JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ito Yuna - Endless Story

Author Topic: (Group) T-ara (티아라)  (Read 793511 times)

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
Re: (Group) T-ara (티아라)
« Reply #1680 on: August 30, 2012, 09:31:22 AM »
^ Amen to that :P

I'm sure I said this before, but anyone who has chosen to keep hating at this point is just a hater and nothing will change their mind, so it really is a lost cause.

There are too many people hypocritically accusing others of jumping to conclusions or being naive/believing everything they hear when there's a lot of that going on on both sides. I just don't like people being so closed-minded. There are two sides to every coin and it seriously blows my mind that people can honestly only see one side of an incredibly subjective matter like this one. I'll also really never understand why someone can't express their opinion in a more civilized manner, something like "I do believe they mistreated Hwayoung, I don't believe what they say and I just can't like this group anymore. I won't be supporting them." As opposed to "THESE FAKE LYING BITCHES WERE TOLD TO SAY THAT! CAR CRASH? KARMA LOL! DUMB BITCHES!". It just cements the fact that they really have nothing of value to add and are just lame as hell :panic:

But maybe it's just me...I love to discuss things and I'm never against hearing a completely opposing opinion, provided it's presented like the opinion it is and that my opinion was given a fair shake XD

But enough about that, apparently the Mirage release is indeed not the 30th (it did seem a little too sudden)...BUT IT IS SEPTEMBER 3RD. MY BODY IS READY FOR THE 7ST MINI-ALBUM, AND MY WALLET IS YOURS.

[12.08.30] T-ara to comeback with 7th mini-album "MIRAGE" on September 3rd

Girl group T-ara will release their seventh mini album "MIRAGE" on September 3rd.

Their agency Core Contents Media said today, "T-ara's new title song was composed by Shinsadong Tiger and written by Choi Kyusung who are the same people who made T-ara's 'Bo Peep Bo Peep' and 'Roly-Poly'."

T-ara originally announced they would release a new song in mid-August but it was delayed three weeks.

On the 28th and 29th, tweets were sent from T-ara and Hwayoung and caused a crazy bullying controversy that confused the public and fans. They have since apologized and wish that fans can continue to support them in the future.

Their agency said, "T-ara has been silent for one month since the misunderstanding between the members happened and have reflected on their actions that lead to the controversy they created. They want to express their sincerest apologies."

They continued by saying, "It was a misunderstanding between Hwayoung and the other members, and they have reconciled and apologized to each other."

T-ara will be busying beginning on September 15th until November with overseas concert schedules in Hong Kong, Malaysia, Indonesia and Japan.

Core Contents Media said, "The misunderstanding and conflict that happened in front of so many people, T-ara bow their heads and are incredibly sorry and said they'll work hard to avoid and better deal with these issues."

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20120830n23011
Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

and a bonus:

[12.08.30] Core Contents Media, "T-ara's handwritten letter was written by Qri"

T-ara's agency Core Contents Media have revealed Qri wrote thre handwritten letter on behalf of the T-ara members.

On the 30th, Core Contents Media said, "Qri has taken care of the other members and wrote the letter. All of the members gathered together to write the handwritten apology that appeared on our official website."

"I hope that people can refrain from leaving malicious comments in the future," they urged.

T-ara released a handwritten letter where they expressed their deepest apologies and said they will reflect on their actions yesterday.

Source: http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1109459511
Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

In b4 new leader "Beautiful Decoration" neutral Qri XD
No longer El Brandinator on Minus. No Longer all All T-ara all the time. All love tho.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1681 on: August 30, 2012, 09:36:43 AM »
Mirage... Looks amazing... D: D: D: D:

QRI'S HAIR IS GREEN AGAIN??

Yeah I will be buying the shit out of this. :lol:

LOL 7ST XD XD XD
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1682 on: August 30, 2012, 10:00:46 AM »
OH YEA Qri finally doing something! ......or maybe they bullied her to write it...:lol:
It's funny because I just saw an article of netizens claiming that T-ara did not write the letter. They took screen caps of a previous show and compared it to the letter. Them detectives are at work, they're looking for anything! Here's the article if you're interested link. They really do have too much time on their hands  :smhid.

7st... :smhid. Couldn't they at least ask Dani if there were any errors on the album? hahaha

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1683 on: August 30, 2012, 03:20:24 PM »

TEAAASESEEEEEEEEEEEEERRR!!!

THE PANTOMIME STUFF IS SO DORKY, I DON'T CARE, THEY'RE ALIVE, AND AH AH
I'VE LIKED THIS SONG SINCE THE PREVIEW SO I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR IT IN FULL AND

JIYEON SO SEXY SHIITTT I NEED GIFS 8)

Best sums it up for me...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 03:36:53 PM by shirenu »
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #1684 on: August 30, 2012, 05:42:20 PM »
Oh Goddddd so hot. The dance is indeed a little dorky but at least they bust out of that pantomime stuff for a while to be all sexy and shit XD

Controversy? What controversy? WHO CARES. SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!
No longer El Brandinator on Minus. No Longer all All T-ara all the time. All love tho.

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #1685 on: August 30, 2012, 09:37:36 PM »
honestly, I'm not thrilled with the teaser. It's like... Visual Dreams gone awry. Doing the robot was pushing it but, at that point in their career, SNSD could do no wrong. Actually that's probably still the case XD. However, doing the pantomime, and after a painful scandal no less, is just a bad look. Allegedly. I really hate being critical right now but I'm just really not feeling it.

But let me say this... I'd pay 20 dollars just to hear them sneeze on a track for 4 minutes straight at this point. Beggars can't be choosers :lol:

sig not by Stryfe... but I don't have the heart to remove the shout-out

Offline SpyderMunky

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1686 on: August 30, 2012, 10:52:55 PM »
what the hell did they do to my Qri's hair?! :mon mad:

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #1687 on: August 30, 2012, 11:03:47 PM »
honestly, I'm not thrilled with the teaser. It's like... Visual Dreams gone awry. Doing the robot was pushing it but, at that point in their career, SNSD could do no wrong. Actually that's probably still the case XD. However, doing the pantomime, and after a painful scandal no less, is just a bad look. Allegedly. I really hate being critical right now but I'm just really not feeling it.

But let me say this... I'd pay 20 dollars just to hear them sneeze on a track for 4 minutes straight at this point. Beggars can't be choosers :lol:

tbh, the teaser could have been them nodding their heads to the sound of screaming babies and I would still get hype as shit....

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #1688 on: August 30, 2012, 11:55:35 PM »
I think it's fun, the dance and song really are rather wacky-dorky - we all knew we should expect that from a "pantomime robot dance" - but they're mixing in enough sexy (literally) to make me more interested in the final product. The gif shirenu posted... yep, points of interest summed up pretty well there for me as well. :P

Though sadly, another point of interest to me is how dem Korean peoples react to it. Fingers crossed!

Why, they just dyed it green and chopped it off, what's the big deal...  XD

Speaking of hair, Ahreum's now the blonde. Her features make her look kinda spooky, although it might have to do with the lifeless robot look they're going for....

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • K-M-E-I Kamei! K-A-M-E Kyamei!
« Reply #1689 on: August 31, 2012, 12:07:11 AM »
In before the "OMG! They're ripping off SNSD's Gee and Wonder Girls' Like Money!!!1111" :roll:

So that's what they've been doing all month. I can see haters already hatin' "What? They were getting new makeovers and editing Hwayoung out of everything, instead of apologizing? They should die!...........their hair" XD I guess you can say that they really were staying busy during the whole controversy. Dunno if that was a good move or not, but I can see that they're trying to move on from this. I hope they didn't re-record over Hwayoung's parts in this upcoming album. That was probably the reason they haven't said or done anything in over a month, scrambling to redo everything. I can see this is going to get a lot of mixed reviews and most of it won't even be about the song. I gotta admit that this is a bold move for them to try to comeback after all that drama, I sure hope they'll keep strong with what's about to come at them.

Anyway, looks great! Can't wait to see the MV! [fangirl ON!] :D

Offline SpyderMunky

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1690 on: August 31, 2012, 12:51:04 AM »

Why, they just dyed it green and chopped it off, what's the big deal...  XD

Speaking of hair, Ahreum's now the blonde. Her features make her look kinda spooky, although it might have to do with the lifeless robot look they're going for....

It was long and beautiful, black or brown color....green and chopped up....doesn't suite her that well.  :mon whine:
Even Ahreum's hair was better before with the red highlites. 

:mon annoy: Not impressed with the new direction that d-bag CEO is taking Qri or the group.

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1691 on: August 31, 2012, 01:06:41 AM »
Qri's hair..why...WHY ALWAYS HER! I think it would've been fine if they just chose a different color. I really liked how Qri ended up looking by the end of day by day promotions...why couldn't they just leave her alone. *SIGH...well at least all the other girls look great though haha.

And the dance... :lol:. At least there's some sexy parts.

Anyway I'm ready for more of that SEXY EYES SEXY NOSE SEXY MOUTH DONT YOU KNOW something something SEXY!!! When you got lyrics like that you know it's gonna be a hit! That's not sarcasm by the way :)

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #1692 on: August 31, 2012, 01:41:42 AM »

tbh, the teaser could have been them nodding their heads to the sound of screaming babies and I would still get hype as shit....

WARNING - Wall of text incoming.

TL;DR version - part one calls the need for originality in pop music into question (and maybe tries to prod at "originality" itself, maybe). part two deals with motives and motivation from the point of view of the fan. Admittedly, both rely heavily on anecdote.

Hopefully they pantomime all the way to the bank. I'm too emotionally involved in T-ara to move on lol. I took a solid post-work nap to "sleep" on my post, mediate, write a letter of apology, and I still feel the same way. Idk where anyone would get the idea that this is a Like Money or Gee ripoff but I still see shades of Visual Dreams in the non-sexy parts of the teaser just because of personal perspective. I'm personally responsible for at least 500 of the X amount of views that video has on youtube XD :lol:. I even re-watched the MV and the teaser back to back to back just to make sure I wasn't "netizen-ing" out and being crazy.

Aside from all that noise, but still on the subject of originality because I have a lot to say about it... and I feel like typing, I think we all owe our swag to someone else. My personal feeling is that Pop is more than the sum of its parts and when people make the mistake of breaking it down, zooming in on the choreography alone or the music track alone or whatever else, you'll find reason to cry wolf and say "ah-ha!" this isn't original or I've heard something like this before or seen something like this before. The total package is what's original starting with the group itself. In music theory there is a finite sum of possible chord progressions and variations that are viable for pop music. In general, you'll find the major scale representing the bulk of happy/upbeat songs and the minor scale representing the ballads. In Pop there really isn't any room from the chromatic, aeolian, etc. or even dissonance really. As a musician I pay a LOT of attention to the music in any genre. To make a really long story short... I feel as if we aren't meant to be sonically impressed and that the music(not the lyrics, per se) is secondary and relatively simple; only there as a placeholder of shorts with the classic combo of bass and snare with various beat making accessories like synth, samples, and instrumentation (guitar is the go-to upbeat instrument and violin is the go-to ballad instrument is what I'm seeing from my limited experience).

As for choreography, there has to be a certain amount of pragmatism involved in the construction of a dance routine for a song. We can't have Jiyeon and Hyomin or anyone doing backflips or anything wild while wearing heels, holding a microphone AND trying to look good at the same. I'm seriously amazed that they can do any of this let alone all of it at once lol. BUT ANYWAY... this necessary pragmatism also has the side-effect of creating a state of affairs that leaves choreographers with a finite sum of possible moves. I don't really think I need to even say much more than this. If you're into as little as... let's say... 3 groups heavily then you WILL see recycled ideas. The last one I saw was Gyuri in Pandora doing what Miryo (or was it Gain? I can't remember)  did in Abracadabra. It was that jazz-hands wave infront of her face... I can't really describe it but I could locate it on the MV for both if you REALLY want to see proof. Again, not hating or saying "ZOMG RIP OFF!!~!!"... just stating a fact that has no consequence on my feelings towards either member or group. Netizen logic is like... T-ara's moves here kinda remind me of something else I saw, therefore fuck T-ara I hate them now. Fan logic seems to go something like, T-ara's moves here kinda remind me of something else I saw, therefore I find this to be intellectually stimulating and if someone disagrees with me then that's cool because I'm just happy as fuck because there are other fans I can talk to about this and we can have group hugs and love each other while supporting our common interests.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ruminations on Fandom: A Love Story

preface
this is a rant. beware.
/end preface

Getting back to the idea that Pop's originality occurs in the total package leading with the members is meant to instill the idea that what we, as fans, find most attractive about groups isn't the choreography or even the songs themselves but it's the personalities behind the whole thing. Maybe, you the reader, do find that the music is most important or something is most important and that's totally cool because this is just how I feel, but to me I think it's members we fall in love with most. I think about the different people on this site that I know certain things about and the things I know without a doubt is that Shirenu loves Jiyeon and Gain, Stryfe loves Bora, Do Me Do Me loves Boram, Dio loves nobody because he's a heartless bastard(jk!  :heart:), and I'm sure you all know that my bias is Boram and it goes on and on. You get a feel for these idols over time and develop an allegiance to the person in particular and not necessarily the idea of the group itself (however, if you feel this way about every member then it would also then follow that your allegiance WOULD be to the group as well) and I didn't realize this until Hwayoung was removed from T-ara. At first, I thought Hwayoung was my least favorite member. I'm not ashamed to admit it. Once she was removed though I didn't even feel like T-ara existed for awhile, and not merely because they literally dropped off the face of the Earth. She was still a major piece to the T-ara puzzle and for me it all came crashing down even if she was one of the smaller pieces in my heart. If they removed everyone from the group and replaced them all with new people but kept EVERYTHING else the same; same songs, same dances, same name, etc. it's not T-ara for me. Would it still be T-ara for you? If so, do you think it's because your allegiance to Hwayoung wasn't as strong as your allegiances to the remaining members? I don't know... but I'm curious as to all of your takes on this if you feel like responding.

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #1693 on: August 31, 2012, 03:37:20 AM »
Very well said, and I agree with pretty much all your points...except for that one. You know which one :smhid

To quote one of my favorite songs: "No idea's original, there's nothing new under the sun, it's never what you do but how it's done". (a quote he probably borrowed from somewhere too :P).

I always say there are too many factors that dictate whether or not someone will like a song. Everything is taken into consideration--the group, the production, the concept, the choreography, the music itself, etc. A lot of the times the same things that make someone inherently like a song is what makes someone else hate it, i.e. I love T-ara so unless it's a huge abomination of some sort, my default position is to like their music, whereas non-fans will cry that it's been done before as an excuse to dislike it. All too often the music itself plays a secondary role. Imo this is probably because everything is typically up to a certain standard, nothing really strays TOO far from the usual formula, and as such they don't go off either end of the spectrum towards great or terrible...so what else do we use to help us decide?

Personally I think people take it all way too seriously. I don't really play favorites to a great extent, partially because I'm fickle, but it's also because I'm just the kind of person that takes everything in stride. I know a lot of people that don't like pop music in general, especially kpop (my friends claim I only like it because of the girls--PARTIALLY TRUE--but if that were the whole truth then I'm afraid to find out the reason why I also listen to male artists like Jay Park, 2PM, Big Bang etc). At the end of the day it's just enjoyable music presented by personalities I've grown fond of. I don't need any reasons beyond that. Nothing is going to be ridiculously original at this point, and half the time something is considered original it's just a throwback to something else.

As for the second part of that wall, I'm not entirely sure if I was temporarily  turned away from the group so much because Hwayoung was leaving, but more because of what her departure said about the rest of the members. It's really just the circumstance. We perceived them to be a certain way, so if we believe Hwayoung was a victim, that completely shatters everything we believed about the rest of the group. If this played out differently and Hwayoung was booted 100% undoubtedly because she was a total bitch, I doubt any of us would have been too turned off from the group as a whole. Like you said, the members themselves are what draw us to the group and ultimately the music, so if they're a complete 180 from who we thought they were, it's just not going to be the same. In that same vein, if they switched out all the girls then it's just a different group with similar music, so no, I wouldn't like them the same unless they eventually grew on me...Which reminds me...I never did jump on the Gankiz train, though I did kinda like that Mama song :lol:

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #1694 on: August 31, 2012, 05:06:41 AM »
QriPretty :bow: She's the one that doesn't involve herself in the petty crap and still writes a letter urged on by kks standing behind her with her contract and a lighter so he can 'reveal' it to the media I actually like both Gangkiz singles although they were kind of amalgamations of other S Tiger songs. I think there has been a progression for him this year which has been:

Whistling > Cowbell > Whistling> Sax > Whistling and finally the ultimate sample.....

DUCKS

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #1695 on: August 31, 2012, 05:07:47 AM »
I guess I'm lucky I don't recognize whatever people are saying they copied XDDD 

I wonder if the "darkness" of the MV was decided upon after the controversy. I mean, wouldn't it have looked weird if the song/MV was all happy happy joy joy with bright colors and smiles after the mess? It's already quite ballsy to do a comeback so soon, so it makes sense that they do it with a style like this, I think.

As for the dance, I dislike it XD  Don't care if it's copied or whatever people are saying. I just have never ever liked these doll-like movements. They creep me out!!!!!!!!!!

I think about the different people on this site that I know certain things about and the things I know without a doubt is that Shirenu loves Jiyeon and Gain, Stryfe loves Bora, Do Me Do Me loves Boram, Dio loves nobody because he's a heartless bastard(jk!  :heart:), and I'm sure you all know that my bias is Boram and it goes on and on.

And Rei loves Hyde?  :ptam-cry:

As for choreography, there has to be a certain amount of pragmatism involved in the construction of a dance routine for a song. We can't have Jiyeon and Hyomin or anyone doing backflips or anything wild while wearing heels, holding a microphone AND trying to look good at the same. I'm seriously amazed that they can do any of this let alone all of it at once lol. BUT ANYWAY... this necessary pragmatism also has the side-effect of creating a state of affairs that leaves choreographers with a finite sum of possible moves. I don't really think I need to even say much more than this. If you're into as little as... let's say... 3 groups heavily then you WILL see recycled ideas. The last one I saw was Gyuri in Pandora doing what Miryo (or was it Gain? I can't remember)  did in Abracadabra. It was that jazz-hands wave infront of her face.............................

In general, I agree with what you've said in your wall of text. Before k-pop, I never saw people who were so obsessed with original dances. I was used to J-pop, where idols mostly seem to repeat the same moves in different combinations and paces XD  And I didn't mind at all, made it all the easier for me to learn them. Heck, look at the famous para-para style. Just similar hand moves in different combos, super fun! Same for the rest of the world. How many original dance moves do you see in American songs? I can say that in Latin American music I never saw many original moves. Once in a while someone comes out with something novel and catchy, a la Gangnam Style, but it's not the norm. But nooooo, in k-pop every freaking dance has to be unique and often even have a name. The butt dance, the elevator dance, the horse dance, etc... Don't get me wrong, kudos to those who can make up a dance that characterizes their song or group. But to me it's unnecessary. I don't care if dances are not super original. For me the whole package is more important than the separate details.

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #1696 on: August 31, 2012, 08:37:27 AM »
LOL, duck sampling XD....cannot unhear :lol:

lmao at some of the text on these..."I don't really think look like dolly but appreciate the compliment"...YES. HELL YES.

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #1697 on: August 31, 2012, 05:31:08 PM »
Very well said, and I agree with pretty much all your points...except for that one. You know which one :smhid

who IS your bias anyway Dio?? Soyeon? I find myself starring at your profile gif all the time XD

Yes :) and Rei loves Hyde. I won't forget now hehe.

In general, I agree with what you've said in your wall of text. Before k-pop, I never saw people who were so obsessed with original dances. I was used to J-pop, where idols mostly seem to repeat the same moves in different combinations and paces XD  And I didn't mind at all, made it all the easier for me to learn them. Heck, look at the famous para-para style. Just similar hand moves in different combos, super fun! Same for the rest of the world. How many original dance moves do you see in American songs? I can say that in Latin American music I never saw many original moves. Once in a while someone comes out with something novel and catchy, a la Gangnam Style, but it's not the norm. But nooooo, in k-pop every freaking dance has to be unique and often even have a name. The butt dance, the elevator dance, the horse dance, etc... Don't get me wrong, kudos to those who can make up a dance that characterizes their song or group. But to me it's unnecessary. I don't care if dances are not super original. For me the whole package is more important than the separate details.

Yes, and I think it's unfair that this particular standard exists. It's like a catch-22 in a way. You're damned if you do something original because then you'll be ever defined by it. Think about it.. how many people have just heard of PSY and think Gangnam Style is his ONLY song lol. You'll be damned if you don't because then you'll be subject to ridicule from the netizen community.

Other than all that I LOVE the Boram picture. "Don't tease me because my voice is sexy."
Yes. Yes it is sexy. :heart:

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #1698 on: August 31, 2012, 06:22:17 PM »
who IS your bias anyway Dio?? Soyeon? I find myself starring at your profile gif all the time XD

Like I said, I'm fickle :lol:. The correct assessment would have been "Dio loves everybody because he's got SO MUCH LOVE TO GIVE  :heart:"

Originally Eunjung was my kinda favorite, then Hyomin, then Soyeon, then Jiyeon, then more Jiyeon, then more Soyeon, then...well, I think you get it. I guess I don't have a legit enough "bias", but anybody I know will probably tell you everything I just said is bullshit and that based on what they know and see me talk about, my bias is Jiyeon XD.

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #1699 on: August 31, 2012, 11:58:32 PM »

Yes :) and Rei loves Hyde. I won't forget now hehe.

And Nacchi!!! I almost forgot my other never-changing mega bias XDDD    :heart:   Aww how I wish my biases were more active like everyone else's~ lol

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ito Yuna - Endless Story