JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Go! Go! 7188 - Thunder Girl

Author Topic: (Group) T-ara (티아라)  (Read 793631 times)

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
Re: (Group) T-ara (티아라)
« Reply #1920 on: January 26, 2013, 08:09:06 AM »
Waking up to T-ara drama is like Christmas morning. They raised the bar too high, imo. Its gotta be robbery, an all out brawl, or a sex tape. Nothing less will do. When this Soyeon business was relevant I read a few lines of the first post that commented on it, literally said 'meh' out loud, and went back to getting ready for work. Personally, I'm holding out for upcoming Dani drama.. if she ever decides to formally join the group. Don't let me down netizens!!

sig not by Stryfe... but I don't have the heart to remove the shout-out

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #1921 on: January 26, 2013, 08:23:01 AM »
There's something about this thread... I dunno if I've become a T-ara fan and haven't realized it, or if it's just something about the interaction between you T-ara fans or your posts, but when I look at my "show new replies" thing, I usually hope there's something new in this thread, drama or not XD

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #1922 on: January 26, 2013, 08:32:50 AM »
^ one of us... one of us... one of us...

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1923 on: January 26, 2013, 08:37:32 AM »
This thread has been my favourite for a while :lol: ... >_> (I also like the Crayon Pop thread, even if that one has no drama! At least about the group!)

Who else is anxious to hear T-ara comeback news 8) Actually I haven't thought about it a lot, I just want Jiyeon to get another hair makeover. Ooop. :lol: Priorities? Straight. Well, actually kind of homosexual, but you know what I mean.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #1924 on: January 26, 2013, 09:16:54 AM »
There's something about this thread... I dunno if I've become a T-ara fan and haven't realized it, or if it's just something about the interaction between you T-ara fans or your posts, but when I look at my "show new replies" thing, I usually hope there's something new in this thread, drama or not XD

I get excited when I see you post in the thread because I barely get to see you!
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #1925 on: January 26, 2013, 10:18:32 PM »
I'll officially confirm you as an honorary T-ara fan, then :lol:

It goes without saying this is my favorite thread XD, probably because of that one time everyone came in here to give their thoughts/opinions/jokes about the T-ara controversy situation...all Hugz for Thugz

Who else is anxious to hear T-ara comeback news 8) Actually I haven't thought about it a lot, I just want Jiyeon to get another hair makeover. Ooop. :lol: Priorities? Straight. Well, actually kind of homosexual, but you know what I mean.
LOL. Gold. That's definitely one of my favorite things about comebacks...Jiyeon's different looks XD I've got my hopes set for more blondie...I truly did not get enough blondie Jiyeon last time.

I'm still kinda unsure how I'd feel about a soon-ish comeback for them, though. On one end I need a constant supply of T-ara in my life...but on the other end, I'm uncertain about Dani and how she'll fit in, and I'd also really just like for "netizens" to just get off their backs and let them be. I want them to be liked/accepted again, without all the bullshit. More than anything I really just want them to find success again without hearing shit about black oceans and haters hatin, and I don't know if they can get that peace without a bit of time away from the spotlight, or if ever again...

I don't know what's best for them in terms of time away, but whatever it is I hope their next song is amazing, with an awesome concept, and I hope it does incredibly well...because...I'm heavily invested in T-ara, if not just from constantly updating that damn minus gallery XD

blablabla determination/hard work, come back and show us a brand new you etc generic kpop idol talk, T-ara fighting!
No longer El Brandinator on Minus. No Longer all All T-ara all the time. All love tho.

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #1926 on: January 26, 2013, 10:21:38 PM »
I used to talk quite a bit back on Soompi with a long time kpop and kind of Korean entertainment culture historian who explained controversy manufacturing and how that stuff comes to be. They explained how a lot of it starts with antis spamming places like Bestiz and DCinside, shady reporters on korean news portals (he really stressed how bad they are in particular. A lot of them have gotten into some deep trouble), international fans getting their news from yellow journalism blogs like Allkpop and what not. Long story short things you hear on international side can be quite skewed, international fans should really be more confident in their idols and not worry as much about the gossip mongering.

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #1927 on: January 26, 2013, 11:08:52 PM »
I used to talk quite a bit back on Soompi with a long time kpop and kind of Korean entertainment culture historian who explained controversy manufacturing and how that stuff comes to be. They explained how a lot of it starts with antis spamming places like Bestiz and DCinside, shady reporters on korean news portals (he really stressed how bad they are in particular. A lot of them have gotten into some deep trouble), international fans getting their news from yellow journalism blogs like Allkpop and what not. Long story short things you hear on international side can be quite skewed, international fans should really be more confident in their idols and not worry as much about the gossip mongering.

Looking form this end, it doesn't seem that bad to me...a lot of it seems exactly as you said, particularly the part about sites like allkpop. That's usually what leaves me confused, though, when I hear people saying things like "they're pretty much dead here in Korea". Granted, I have no idea if the people claiming these things are or aren't really in Korea, but there have been countless times where I feel one way and then I get people who either claim to be in Korea or know someone in Korea who say things like "only international fans think this, here in Korea, it's completely different". Not to mention a lot of the negative stuff being translated directly from trolls on Korean news portals...

But in the end, what I intended to say is that the negativity in general, whether it's justified/accurate/widespread or not, is getting played out. It'd be nice to see them move on without any of it still festering, whether it's here, there, or anywhere.
No longer El Brandinator on Minus. No Longer all All T-ara all the time. All love tho.

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #1928 on: January 28, 2013, 04:46:17 PM »
Well, not quite the comeback we were expecting, but there's some interesting stuff here...

[13.01.28] T-ara to make a Japanese comeback with バニスタ (Banisuta)!

The release of the long awaited Japanese original track, バニスタ (Banisuta), has been decided!

With the new member Areum who joined last year, big news from the newly formed T-ara!

As craved by the fans, the new Japanese original single バニスタ has been set for a release on March 20th! (Further details to be announced afterwards.)

For the first time, the Limited Edition will be 3 discs and the Regular edition will be 7 discs, in total there will be 10 discs on sale.

The Limited Edition disc will feature sub units of T-ara. In addition, the Regular Edition will feature solo music of the T-ara members. That makes 11 new Japanese original tracks!

The tracklist:

Limited Edition A: バニスタ + Sign - Soyeon & Areum -  ¥ 1,800
Limited Edition B: バニスタ +  Soap Bubbles - Boram & Qri - ¥ 1,800
Limited Edition C: バニスタ + Dangerous Love - Jiyeon, Eunjung & Hyomin - ¥ 1,800

Regular Edition D: バニスタ + Love Poem - Soyeon solo -  ¥ 1,200
Regular Edition E: バニスタ + Two As One - Eunjung solo -  ¥ 1,200
Regular Edition F: バニスタ + Maybe Maybe - Boram solo -  ¥ 1,200
Regular Edition G: バニスタ + For You - Jiyeon solo -  ¥ 1,200
Regular Edition H: バニスタ + Do We Do We - Qri solo -  ¥ 1,200
Regular Edition I: バニスタ + Love Suggestion - Hyomin solo -  ¥ 1,200
Regular Edition J: バニスタ + Happy Rain - Areum solo -  ¥ 1,200

(All songs titles are listed as tentative, meaning they are possibly to change.)

The track バニスタ will be recorded by all the members of T-ara.

Pre-orders will be available starting from tomorrow!

Source: http://www.t-ara-official.com/topic.html
Translation: OmegaKrypton @ Diadem

They stacked the shit out of that one sub-unit, at least in terms of popular members :lol:

But..how many of these things would I have to buy? I'd like to buy it but I'm not buying 1 per member or something ridiculous like this...looking at you, SNSD....

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1929 on: January 28, 2013, 05:29:04 PM »
Dangerous Love - Jiyeon, Eunjung & Hyomin - ¥ 1,800
For You - Jiyeon solo -  ¥ 1,200

SOLD!!!!! ...That is, if they are available on itunes or something because Japanese CDs are so expensive. (And ugly...?) Yup.

I also want this because Eunjung hardly ever gets to sing/rap anymore >:| --> Two As One - Eunjung solo -  ¥ 1,200

But... all of these songs will be in Japanese, with a funny Japanese accent? :D :D :D

Mental image of Jiyeon trying to get 'chu' right again...

I don't want them to go to Japan TT___TT Stupid drama driving them away from Korea... But if it's T-ara, I'll take what I can get~~~

Also let me point out that Jiyeon's edition letter is G.

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #1930 on: January 28, 2013, 05:30:45 PM »
^ I don't see Dani on that list  :( our empress eludes us...

Some thoughts on this:
1. If you're telling us certain news places aren't trustworthy then what are some trustworthy sources of information? I mean.. don't leave us high and dry by saying you're doing it wrong and then not suggesting how to do it right :(
2. The sensationalism that is kpop drama is almost equally matched by the tongue in cheek reactions we displayed towards them. No need to worry, confidence and faith are abundant... giving a fuck is not. Not to say the T-ara thread wasn't ground zero during the Hwayoung/KKS stuff, because it was. I believe all that wasn't merely gossip mongering at all. After all, Hwayoung is no longer a member of T-ara. However, and this is where I wholly agree with you, I can't attest to how sensational or accurate any of the 'yellow journalism' is. All I know for certin is Hwayoung is no longer a member of T-ara after all that hullabaloo and it saddened me. Still does kinda. All that netizen "he said" "she said" bullshit that comes from it goes in one ear and out the other.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1931 on: January 29, 2013, 09:04:50 AM »
http://www.soompi.com/2013/01/29/t-aras-eunjung-and-fxs-amber-to-emcee-music-program/

Eunjung got an MC gig!!! Isn't this the first special solo gig after the huge drama?? (Soyeon and Hyomin's drama roles had been agreed to before, and Dani doesn't count)

WAhH!! I'm so happy! ^___^ She's with Amber too, whom a lot of girls like, so if they have great chemistry, surely people will warm up to Eunjung again :P

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #1932 on: January 29, 2013, 05:30:18 PM »
Wooo, that was nice to hear...them doing some Japan promotion for at least the majority of March should be enough "time away", with the added bonus of still getting some exposure through this show (you know, because the rule states if you're gone in Korea for more than 4 months, they forget about you.) I've stopped watching the weekly music shows, but you know what this means. TONS OF ADORABLE EUNJUNG MC GIFS! SIGN ME UP!

On a side note, seems it's been confirmed that all 3 sub-units will get an MV, so that brings the MV count to the usual 3-4~ range for CCM :lol:

Here's to hoping they're not as cheap looking as all the other Japanese videos they've done...

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #1933 on: January 29, 2013, 05:43:28 PM »
I'm SO excited for this sub-unit you have no idea. Okay.. you probably have a pretty accurate idea. BUT, I'm thrilled nonetheless. You know Hwababy would've been the third member here. *pours out some of my 40oz for the drama queen* You're missed booboo.

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #1934 on: January 30, 2013, 05:41:00 AM »
Oh baby! A single, 3 sub unit songs and 7 solo b-sides? That's more than 5 times as many new songs as the album had!

Some thoughts on this:

heh I think that was some drunk posting on my part. :P I've just always found it interesting how certain stuff can gain traction especially considering where it mostly originates from. I've actually witnessed the cycle take place from the beginning on a couple occasions. The recent Soyeon one seemed like a classic case to me.

Unfortunately I don't know of any good sources for kpop news or any international sites that offer an accompanying perspective on things. I'm generally just skeptical of everything. :lol: Particularly all the trivial negative stories. Also from what I remember just about everything flying around during the Hwayoung situation was clearly misleading unsubstantiated crap.

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #1935 on: January 30, 2013, 06:09:25 AM »
Oh baby! A single, 3 sub unit songs and 7 solo b-sides? That's more than 5 times as many new songs as the album had!

Some thoughts on this:

heh I think that was some drunk posting on my part. :P I've just always found it interesting how certain stuff can gain traction especially considering where it mostly originates from. I've actually witnessed the cycle take place from the beginning on a couple occasions. The recent Soyeon one seemed like a classic case to me.

Unfortunately I don't know of any good sources for kpop news or any international sites that offer an accompanying perspective on things. I'm generally just skeptical of everything. :lol: Particularly all the trivial negative stories. Also from what I remember just about everything flying around during the Hwayoung situation was clearly misleading unsubstantiated crap.

You said it man. For me it's gotten to soap opera level ridiculousness and I kinda enjoy it lol. Honestly, at this point I look forward to kpop drama in the same way I look forward to drama on Downton Abbey(this dramarific/bordering on soap opera tv show). Obviously I don't want anything serious to happen to anyone in any group that would constitute REAL drama. I mean the little stupid things like the "classic case" Soyeon thing or god forbid IU is within 30 feet of a boy... It's funny. It's entertaining. It's even more entertaining when people in internet-land take it super seriously and call for boycotts or burn their copies of CDs or take to their respective forums or websites and talk the nastiest of trash about her/him/them.

*raises my beer* So here's to misleading unsubstantial crap and the netizen community that makes my life so damn joyous.

CHEERS!

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1936 on: January 31, 2013, 07:38:16 AM »
Eunjung's first time as the MC for Show Champion plus Amber+Eunjung performance

----

Offline SacredCultivator

• AYO T-ara~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1937 on: January 31, 2013, 08:14:54 PM »
Sorry to be coming in here for requests, but it's all fansubbing related.

But anyone happen to know where to get a good RAW for this:

THanks.
Hello!Fansub's is recruiting Translators / Karaoke Typesetters, if interested PM me.

Offline SacredCultivator

• AYO T-ara~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1938 on: February 10, 2013, 06:01:01 PM »
Let's throw in an exclusive:
[DiademSubs] 121214 Hallyu Factory T-ara Cut

Project 267: The girls get together on Hallyu Factory once again, this time with their fans to talk about their latest Japanese release Sexy Love and have some fun answering various kinds of questions including a Korean knowledge quiz!

NosUpload
Part. 1 Part. 2 Part. 3 Part. 4
Hello!Fansub's is recruiting Translators / Karaoke Typesetters, if interested PM me.

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #1939 on: February 11, 2013, 07:27:45 PM »
^ ahhh nice. I get to watch one of these and understand it, for once XD

I should put more effort into seeking out subs...but I'll take exclusives here any day :P

and since it's been quiet in here lately, and I waited too long, quick T-ara update speed run!

[OFFICIAL] T-ara 3D Android App Photos & GIFs
------------------------------------------

This is way back, already, but there was an android app update. I forgot to update this thread with the new images I pulled out, but as always I put them in the minus album anyways. The main takeaway from these is that Hyomin and Jiyeon are 100% perfect and without flaw, confirmed.

130128 T-ara at MBC Idol Athletic Championship 2013

T-ara participated in the MBC Idol Athletics. That was, what, 23 hours of filming? They got like 5 seconds of screentime, and for the rest of it, you get to play "Where's Waldo Jiyeon?" and try to spot them in the background of these cuts! :D

Eunjung was about to put effort, but then she heard about this travesty.

130207 T-ara at Areum's Graduation

Areum graduated, Eunjung and Hyomin (and SPEED, CCM boy group consisting of Co-Ed members) showed up. Hyomin showed up as the adorable mother ready to take pictures of her daughter with her Nikon camera.

130209 T-ara at Gilbahan Chicken Rice Cake Event

Then T-ara (sans Jiyeon) did some charity stuff involving chicken. The takeaway from this event is that 1, Eunjung is an adorable spaz (too many fancams for me to find the specific one where she's being adorable, but I'm sure you'll take my word for it), and 2, Qri stole Jiyeon's Blondie/Bangs swag and did it to perfection. She looks...so...damn...cute...

Qri's been gaining like 1000 points per day in my unknown (even to me) T-ara ranking. But let's keep that on the low

130210 T-ara's Hyomin at Gimpo Airport to Japan

Hyomin went to Japan to do a reading of the script from the Japanese movie she got a role in. She will be the first female Korean singer to feature in a Japanese movie. Or something. Or maybe not, apparently there's controversy about this too. Who cares, she's rocking some NY gear, and while I'm no fan of dem Yankees, I can't be mad at you, Hyomin.

T-ara will be releasing a "Private Book" in Japan. I have no idea why they call it that. Seems it's a photobook with some extra stuff. (see here)

and lastly, Hyomin at some variety show (Beauty and the Beast) being all sexy and hot but kinda awkward and super dorky, all at the same time. Surely that's a talent?

Spam completed.

JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Go! Go! 7188 - Thunder Girl