JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: f(x) - Zig Zag

Author Topic: (Group) T-ara (티아라)  (Read 793480 times)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: (Group) T-ara (티아라)
« Reply #2140 on: May 31, 2013, 10:36:58 AM »
I was right to still hate Chris Brown and I'm right to hate him in the future...

Anyway

I've decided that CCM is like the EA Games of Kpop. The Worst Company, but has that one product I'm addicted to (T-ara for CCM, The Sims for EA) and thus am sort of forced to stick with it and live with their shitty decisions so I can still enjoy the part of it that I like (seeing my girls, raising my Sims).

Someone said on reddit tho, "the girls are strong". And hell. After all the shit they've been through, they have to be. How many others would've cracked under the pressure during the bullying scandal, or earlier Jiyeon's webcam stuff, or now this American BS thing... Some people keep saying T-ara should split up, but after what they've had to endure together, I feel it would almost be a waste. Like, they waded through mud just to give up? Especially when there's no guaranteed future, yet they still have die-hard fans for T-ara. I think splitting up is something that you do when you're a rookie and there's a chance to attract more fans with a fresh concept, but not something to do when you already have an established concept. Something like that would only work if you were near god status (I think there was a Kpop boygroup that went through something like it, but I'm horrible with anything boypop). I just hope the girls keep on being strong even if it might now feel like there's always something going wrong. :( At least the Japan tour in September should give them something to look forward to. They'll be with people who love them. And I'm sure the fans will think of something to send their love.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #2141 on: May 31, 2013, 08:16:18 PM »
I was right to still hate Chris Brown and I'm right to hate him in the future...

Anyway

I've decided that CCM is like the EA Games of Kpop. The Worst Company, but has that one product I'm addicted to (T-ara for CCM, The Sims for EA) and thus am sort of forced to stick with it and live with their shitty decisions so I can still enjoy the part of it that I like (seeing my girls, raising my Sims).

Someone said on reddit tho, "the girls are strong". And hell. After all the shit they've been through, they have to be. How many others would've cracked under the pressure during the bullying scandal, or earlier Jiyeon's webcam stuff, or now this American BS thing... Some people keep saying T-ara should split up, but after what they've had to endure together, I feel it would almost be a waste. Like, they waded through mud just to give up? Especially when there's no guaranteed future, yet they still have die-hard fans for T-ara. I think splitting up is something that you do when you're a rookie and there's a chance to attract more fans with a fresh concept, but not something to do when you already have an established concept. Something like that would only work if you were near god status (I think there was a Kpop boygroup that went through something like it, but I'm horrible with anything boypop). I just hope the girls keep on being strong even if it might now feel like there's always something going wrong. :( At least the Japan tour in September should give them something to look forward to. They'll be with people who love them. And I'm sure the fans will think of something to send their love.

Amen to that. That pool party performance is a huge bummer...it's especially troubling considering how amazing they look...I can't NOT watch it, but it really sucks seeing how that went down. There are other fancams of it where you can see the first performance where Chris Brown cut them off--presumably in fear that they were losing the crowd:

Don't get me wrong, Chris Brown has proven himself to be a dirtbag on numerous occasions, but this situation here wasn't really his fault. I guess the blame always just falls with KKS/CCM. Getting the girls to perform at a venue like this was a ridiculous idea, and I feel similarly with regard to their entire little US adventure. It might seem like a good idea (for anyone with dollar signs in their eyes), but aside from being totally random, it was horribly executed. I can't even blame a drunk Vegas crowd for this...they were pretty decent, especially considering they had no idea what the fuck they were witnessing--and one drunken bitch throwing out the phrase "boo get off the stage" doesn't really amount to anything.

It was a tepid response, which beats an overwhelmingly negative response, but I imagine it was still difficult and embarrassing for them. If nothing else, I'm glad that it seems people are starting to have some sympathy for them. Say what you will about them (or any idols, really), but they work fucking hard. T-ara in particular has gone through enough bullshit already, so I honestly just hope people get off their shit and let them be...I've ranted about this numerous times before but it really does still blow my mind how people can be so nasty towards a group of young women for something they probably didn't even do...like, how do you decide to do that without any concrete proof? Bah, let me not get into that again, anyway. Let's just stare at some fiddle gifs.

No longer El Brandinator on Minus. No Longer all All T-ara all the time. All love tho.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #2142 on: June 02, 2013, 07:16:39 PM »

Meanwhile, in South Korea... Dat Jeon family.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2143 on: June 03, 2013, 07:26:22 AM »
That escalated quickly!

They got a CM deal? That's quite huge :lol:

Offline kaiser5077

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2144 on: June 06, 2013, 04:01:53 PM »

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2145 on: June 10, 2013, 09:11:03 AM »
Out of nowhere a ccm artist collab and featuring Jiyeon in the MV.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2146 on: June 10, 2013, 10:29:15 AM »
THIS IS THE KIND OF STUFF THEY SHOULD BE DOING! GOD

They mention nothing of this and it's like... Man such a nice song (YES I JUST LIKED A BALLAD) and Jiyeon perfection... DO MORE OF THIS OKAY

Damnit.

Also... *hugs Jiyeon forever ;_;*

Offline kaiser5077

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2147 on: June 10, 2013, 11:15:29 AM »

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag

sig not by Stryfe... but I don't have the heart to remove the shout-out

Offline kaiser5077

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2149 on: June 13, 2013, 01:41:43 AM »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #2150 on: June 14, 2013, 04:02:29 PM »

Family pimping time. Overlord, Mama Overlord, Papa Overlord, Lil' Sis Overlord. Wonder if there's more.

Man, how old are her parents...

--

Oh yeah should add the adorable descriptions:

Mommy i luvvvv uuuu u were always there for me~~~^^ and u will always be there for thx mom~~~~♥♥♥♥×100000000000000000000000000all the numbers in the world!~
With my dad sis and meeeeee.... i got cut off...:) :(
All the numbers in the world, aww... :lol:

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #2151 on: June 14, 2013, 06:14:58 PM »
I know folks round these parts aren't too crazy about their Japanese endeavors, but, pirates.

No longer El Brandinator on Minus. No Longer all All T-ara all the time. All love tho.

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #2152 on: June 14, 2013, 07:41:25 PM »
^ I'm kind of secretly happy about that boram/Qri aitakatta cover... but otherwise, when it comes to their Japanese releases I always hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2153 on: June 14, 2013, 07:47:42 PM »
Actually I'm crazy enough about T-ara to even care about their Japan endeavours :lol:

Anyway YES GIVE ME PIRATE JIYEON AND I'LL FORGI... ok let's not go too far here. BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY

Also, ... it's weird how even Jiyeon's cartoon version is pretty... :heart:

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #2154 on: June 16, 2013, 06:14:21 PM »
Nice to see them all on the same stage again in what seems like forever.

Offline cupofsuji

• ecchi
« Reply #2155 on: June 17, 2013, 08:48:08 AM »
Holy hell. My mind is blown at how bad of a job the cameramen do in that video. I love watching the choreo, at least for Jeon Won Diary and Lovey Dovey because of how tiring it is yet entertaining it ends up being. Aside from the occasional sneaker shot, I saw almost nothing but fans and the stage. It's like why even bother making choreo when the camera doesn't even capture it. What a shame

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2156 on: June 17, 2013, 09:59:44 AM »
^ I've noticed a lot of Korean special live footage is focused on showing the audience, I think it's part of the Hallyu thing where showing that people are enjoying the product is almost more important than the product itself. Especially if the audience is foreign. Kinda sucks and is the reason why I don't really bother watching other than music show lives, since those focus on advertising the group and song.

Offline Gag Halfrunt

• Member+
« Reply #2157 on: June 17, 2013, 12:10:09 PM »
Towards the end, I think there was even a close-up of a girl who looked white or half-white/half-Asian.

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #2158 on: June 17, 2013, 06:04:21 PM »
Guess I was the only one who enjoyed it lol

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2159 on: June 17, 2013, 06:43:12 PM »
(I didn't watch it. I'm lazy and I have important things to do... ...)

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: f(x) - Zig Zag