JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Halcali - Koi no Bububun

Author Topic: (Group) T-ara (티아라)  (Read 793646 times)

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
Re: (Group) T-ara (티아라)
« Reply #340 on: July 12, 2010, 10:18:07 AM »
Hyomin looks really good with wayfarers.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #341 on: July 13, 2010, 09:02:09 AM »
crazy, is this true? or just rumours:

T-ara to go through "big changes" says agency

Korean girl band T-ara, who recently sparked rumors of feud among members, will soon be going though "big changes," according to their agency Core Contents Media on Friday.

Core Contents Media said in a press release that agency head Kim Kwang-soo will be releasing an official statement regarding the future activities of the group on July 23, adding that no other comments will be given before then.

The agency further explained that the forthcoming changes will be made on a group basis, not on an individual level, to sort out any issues there may be between the girls.

T-ara drew talks of tension among members when Jiyeon and Hyomin each posted questionable comments on their Twitter pages on Wednesday.

Ji-yeon had written, "I have been too focused on charging forward. Maybe I should stop now" while Hyo-min remarked, "Why are they giving me such a hard time? What did I do that was so wrong? I don't have the strength to go on living and work hard."

However, the agency dismissed talk of any friction, saying the two were merely "complaining of their too-busy working schedule" and that rumors of the members fighting or breaking up were "groundless."

T-ara, who debuted in July 2009 with the single "Lie" and "Wanna Play," is composed of Eunjung, Hyomin, Jiyeon, Boram, Soyeon and Qri.

They released their first studio album "Absolute First Album" in December 2009, which produced two hit singles "Bo Peep Bo Peep" and "I Go Crazy Because Of You."

Several members have also branched out to acting; Eunjung is currently starring in SBS TV series "Coffee House" while Hyomin and Jiyeon will soon be appearing in upcoming drama "My Girlfriend is a Fox with Nine Tails" (SBS) and summer horror pic "Death Bell 2: Bloody Camp," respectively.

Reporter : Lynn Kim lynn2878@
Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved> http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=ent0&a_id=2010070917134729816

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #342 on: July 13, 2010, 12:23:07 PM »
Speculations of a break-up were just that, speculations. And we know how those kind of things get. Little things get blown way out of proportion.

But I read about this on Diadem, and it seems to be reliable news. They said it was changes as a group and not on an individual level, so I'm hoping there's no need for a lot of worry. They may be switching focus or something. Or maybe reworked contracts.

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
« Reply #343 on: July 16, 2010, 02:19:35 AM »
I remember Hyomin tweeting that message and Pops was devastated. I hope there's nothing too serious going down, especially when I'm starting to get into this group.

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • K-M-E-I Kamei! K-A-M-E Kyamei!
« Reply #344 on: July 16, 2010, 03:40:27 AM »
It is official. T-ara is now a 7 member group! Please welcome the newest member, Ryu Hwayoung! She's 17, same age as Jiyeon but younger so she is the new maknae of the group.

In a surprise event, Ryu Hwayoung has joined the girl group T-ara.

T-ara is a 6 member girl group, now being reborn into 7 members is quite a surprise.

On hte 16th, according to officials, the 17 year-old high school girl is becoming a new part of T-ara has been finalized. She will be joining the six existing members, Hyomin, Soyeon, Boram, Eunjung, Qri and Jiyeon to be reborn into a 7-member girl group. Ryu Hwayoung is the same age as Jiyeon, the youngest, but was born later, making her the new maknae.

Core Contents Media said to Star News today, "to advance T-ara further to show a new appearance, Ryu Hwayoung has decided to join."

As a new member of T-ara, Ryu Hwayoung's hometown is in Gwangju where she is currently in high school. This spring, her and her twin sister participated in several different pageants/contests.

Back in May, Ryu Hwayoung had an appearance in an SBS variety show with garnered viewers' attention.

cr. tiaradiadem

Well this came out of nowhere. There have been rumours about changes within the group. Alot of people thought this one 15 year old trainee who is dubbed "Little Goo Hara" was going to be added to the group because there was so much talk and pictures about her.

Ooh, and another big news...Eunjung is no longer T-ara's leader??? What the? The news is coming up.

Edit:
Core Contents Media representatives were initially planning to announce the big announcement on the 23rd, but it was changed to the 16 instead.

The enhancement includes the existing six-members reinforced with a a new member, Ryu Hwayoung. In addition, the leader of the group has been changed from Eunjung, to Boram.

The new member appeared on a SBS TV show back on May 29th and also participated in the 2010 Gaya contest. Her and her twin sister, Ryu Hyoyoung are both seniors in high school.

As a new member, Ryu Hwayoung has already been popular over the internet, along with her sistar Ryu Hyoyoung.

The representatives told press that this is an enhancement.

On an emergency meeting on the 9th, T-ara and staff held a 5-6 hour meeting debating on this reinforced T-ara. There was a divided opinion.

Meanwhile, T-ara are busy with personal activities. Jiyeon is starring in a movie being released later this summer, "Death Bell 2". Eunjung is currently in "Coffee House" which is being aired and Hyomin is shooting her drama, "My Girlfriend is a Nine-Tailed Fox."
cr. tiaradiadem
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 03:53:37 AM by DO Me DO Me »

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #345 on: July 16, 2010, 03:57:43 AM »
Interesting news.

Welcome to the group Hwayoung!

And congrats on the promotion Boram! Really interesting. I wonder why this sudden change. Personally, I'm surprised it's Boram and not Qri. :P

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #346 on: July 16, 2010, 04:12:40 AM »
I remember Hyomin tweeting that message and Pops was devastated. I hope there's nothing too serious going down, especially when I'm starting to get into this group.
And I still am LOL
Hyominnie :cry:

Anyway, I wonder if the members voted to change leader or not and that upset Hyomin, thinking she made the wrong choice? (although I still think it was about Sunny) I remember Eunjung tweeting to Jiyeon that you can always press pause on life and that things would be ok (or something like that... and no you can't press pause :P)
Welcome new member whose name I shall take a long time to remember coz its so Korean... T-ara always gave me trouble with names XD
and EunJung :(
I hope they don't think adding a new member will take the pressure of other members with packed schedules *cough*baby Jiyeon*cough* coz it won't lol

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #347 on: July 16, 2010, 04:52:57 AM »
Why would they do that? Does it really make any difference who the leader is? :lol:

Boram is a little less shy now than she was at first but still, Eunjung just seems much more "leader like" to me.

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
« Reply #348 on: July 16, 2010, 05:03:36 AM »
Well, so much for what I said before... I say welcome to Hwayoung, glad to have her onboard! :D She's cute, I can't wait to hear her singing ability.

I feel bad for Eunjung losing leadership, but I'll just tell myself that it was her personal choice rather than someone else's decision.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #349 on: July 16, 2010, 06:50:58 AM »
Eunjung will always be leader to me  :wub:
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #350 on: July 16, 2010, 06:57:23 AM »
Boram really is the least likely I would have thought to be leader... it just seems weird... I will always see Eunjung as leader too, but now I feel bad for Boram XD

EDIT:

Sigh, I knew this would be the reason... it still doesn't help the girls dying from killer schedules!!!

Girl group T-ara recently had some changes. The existing six members were joined by a new member, enhancing the group into seven members.

With the new enhancement of an additional member, it means that they can occur on stage more effectively. It also means that more individual activities for the girls, and a lesser schedule for over worked members.

T-ara is actually very busy compared to other idols. Jiyeon has already been in a lot of movies and dramas, Eunjung has been in a drama and preparing for a movie, Hyomin has been preparing for a drama, and Qri, Boram and Soyeon have been regulars on variety shows. When album activities occur, the girls become very busy.

A representative said, "T-ara's Hyomin is preparing for a drama shoot and future individual activities," he said, "in this case, it means they girls can't regularly be on stage or record often or else members would be missing and that's why we recruited a new member to hold activties and keep interest in T-ara and not the dramas/movies."

The newly acquired member was able to meet the exceptions for T-ara. In the past, Jiyeon was the youngest member, but now Ryu Hwayoung takes that title. Her and her twin sister, Ryu Hyoyoung previously appeared in SBS "Star King" which has collected attention. In addition, Hwayoung is talented in both dance and vocal skills, along with acting. At the same time, she has equips many other skills as well.

The new seven-member T-ara still is scheduled, and plans, to release their next album. The president, Kim Kwangsoo said, "T-ara's album title song has not yet been decided, but as before, it'll be different from before and a concept that the new member also fits in,' he said with high exceptions.

Also announced today was that Boram would take the place of leader from Eunjung. In the future, fans are expecting that Boram will too, take the charismatic leader role in T-ara.

source: http://news.sportsseoul.com/read/entertain/854558.htm
cr: nathaniel (trans) @ diadem + sportsseoul

Oh hey... they said like a month ago that T-ara's next album was ready for release... I assume new girl isn't on it, so whats gonna happen about that now?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 07:17:59 AM by lollipopgirl »

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #351 on: July 16, 2010, 08:20:40 AM »
I had a feeling that was the reason they added her too. Don't mind too much as long as it works for the better for them all.

And come to think of it. Maybe the reason they changed leaders is cause Eunjung has been so busy with her acting, she or they felt she couldn't live up to her leader duties. People are assuming they took the position from her, but it doesn't seem to occur to anyone she might have wanted to drop the title on her own.

And about the album, they never actually said they were ready to release it did they? Just that they were gonna release one soon. Also there hasn't been any real official word about the release has there? So they can delay it another few weeks to record and change some parts and it probably wouldn't make too much of a difference. Or maybe they've already had her record her parts in advance.

I'm just hoping things work out for them.

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #352 on: July 16, 2010, 09:33:20 AM »
From what I understand, it was ready for release as in they already had it recorded, they weren't about to release it though, no dates set or anything, would have been missing too many girls to acting commitments if they were to release it anytime soon... but re-recording = moneyz... I just find it interesting.

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #353 on: July 16, 2010, 10:27:23 PM »
Well I don't know if the 2nd album was already recorded and ready, I just know that there's a 2nd album soon.

I just realized that I now have to update my first post and add Ryu HwaYoung to the profile. :P I'm all for new members as long as no one else leaves. This is T-ara's 3rd group change and it hasn't been a year since they debuted! :lol: At least now when they do that triangle formation, no one is going to get shafted in the back cuz now there will be a member in the center and an even number of members on either side. :lol:

Oh and about the leader change. According to CCM in order to make T-ara diverse they've decided to rotate leaders every year. In this way, eventually all members would have an opportunity to lead the group. First it started with Jiae/Eunjung. Since it's almost been a year now it's time to change leaders, therefore Boram is now the leader. And the choice of the leader was decided by the members themselves. Hmm, now that I've read this I think I like this idea because at first I was like "Oh noes! I love Boram but as leader?" hehe  But now it would be interesting how T-ara will be under the RamBo leadership. *Please do a good job* XD Who will it be next year???

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #354 on: July 17, 2010, 03:55:54 AM »
Silly~ You are crazy T-ara management... basically when you just get use to being leader and settle into the role, its time to change :lol:
LOL at the day baby Jiyeon is leader.... LOL!

Offline alohellofan

• Member+
  • Aloha!!!<3
« Reply #355 on: July 17, 2010, 05:07:08 AM »
I hope this works out for everyone.  :)

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #356 on: July 17, 2010, 10:19:25 PM »
Silly~ You are crazy T-ara management... basically when you just get use to being leader and settle into the role, its time to change :lol:
LOL at the day baby Jiyeon is leader.... LOL!
When you put it that way it does kinda suck. XD Baby Jiyeon will be an awesome leader! We'll see... XD

Well hello thar new leader. She'll do fine.

Honestly the leader title doesn't really mean anything, what has Takahashi done for MM lately? :P

Pic of the new member  :welcome

She has a mixture of the 2 former T-ara members + Eunjung when she had long hair + Park Shin Hye :lol:

Her and her twin sister HyoYoung (Right)

I can't tell them apart but from other pics, HyoYoung has a mole under her right eye. Also, Hwayoung is more outgoing and tomboyish, whereas her sister is more feminine and shy, and that's why they felt Hwayoung fits in T-ara more. I guess.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 10:36:54 PM by DO Me DO Me »

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #357 on: July 18, 2010, 04:20:36 AM »
<insert inappropriate comment about twins but then realised they are underage :lol:>

Random thought, Hyomin leader era... HOHOHO T-ara will become a Sunny worshipping group... the dorms wallpaper will be Sunny's face.

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #358 on: July 18, 2010, 08:59:29 AM »
This thread is needs a pic spam.

Hyomin in the upcoming drama "My Girlfriend is a Nine Tailed Fox"

Some mud festival thing and they got wet in the rain. Yeah, Baby Jiyeon knows what she's doing there. XD

Premiere of Death Bell 2

Some sponsorships

Old selcas of Qri. JiHyun is her real first name

Jiyeon wants her Maknae title back. :lol:

Jiyeon on Come to Play to promote her movie

Randoms

Jam (Sleep) Eunjung

Jiyeon is wearing the cardigan TiaraDiadem forum gave to her for her birthday!

T-ara with trainee Jin Hye Won aka "Little Goo Hara". Everyone thought she was going to be added into T-ara but she will join the group with Hwa Young's twin sister

And I give up. :lol: There's a whole bunch more for each section but diadem is loading so slow I couldn't wait anymore. Maybe next time.

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #359 on: July 19, 2010, 03:19:36 PM »
Is it just me or does Hwayoung look like Eunjung and Jurina's lovechild?  :lol: And then Hyoyoung got some Erena in there too.

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Halcali - Koi no Bububun