JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo - Keikoku

Author Topic: (Artist) Goto Maki  (Read 352585 times)

Offline riyo

• No.4ロケット
  • Member+
Re: (Artist) Goto Maki
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2008, 03:54:42 AM »
i'm incredibly incredibly excited that maki is backkkk.
she's looking really good, and i can't wait until a release.

everything im feeling about her return has already been said. woooooo!
i hope she'll be able to actually do what she wants this time around.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2008, 05:08:18 AM »
Short news clip of Gocchin performing Saving All My Love For You. She looks lovely. :)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2008, 05:51:06 AM »
FINALLY!!!! I love her cover songs. Thanks P-DOx!

:bow: :bow: WOW. and she didn't sign with some indie Canadian label or something. This is great news indeed.

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2008, 07:21:22 AM »
^^ That part sounded really forced...

Some seriously long hair (or hair extensions):

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2008, 07:37:09 AM »
I am so very very scared of her with those nails :P

Offline tiny

• bananasama
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2008, 09:53:37 AM »
Maki's blog went off-line (http://blog.gotomaki.net/).

If Maki returns to blogging it probably be at another host. But, we'll have to wait and see if and when that happens.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2008, 03:14:42 PM »
I'm really glad that Gocchin's back, but I'm not feeling this song at all  :-\ It seems she struggles here and there with some parts, overdoing it.. but aw well, I'm not going to complain any more, this is just a warm-up right.

Offline wakaba_doll

• kakkoi☆
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • forever...
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2008, 03:19:17 PM »
^^ I noticed her blog went offline a couple of days ago too! I'm thinking she'll probably get a staff blog attached to her avex site now, like the rest of the artists have. I'll miss reading her personal entries though, if she doesn't get to write in the staff one.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2008, 12:54:49 AM »
:lol: she covered Whitney?
If you're going to cover her don't do it unless you know you can sing almost as well. Cause it's just gonna make you look bad, even if you can sing decent. And frankly, I don't know anyone in j-pop who could pull it off.
It was pretty fail. She missed way too many notes, and was forcing herself way too much. I wasn't expecting anything better really. But she shoulda known better.

So far there hasn't been anything to make this an exciting comeback for me.

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2008, 05:00:08 AM »
^ But you have to admit, she did a hell of a job. And she's just one of those 'elite' few who can at least attempt to do it in the first place, she's got the vocals to belt out some serious notes.

Anyway, all I can really say is that she's back in my life, and I'm filled with such bliss...  :heart:

(Also, people should seriously drop the arguement that she's been "Koda-fied". Goto has never been Koda-fied, all she's been is herself. Goto. She was given a more mature image during her time in H!P, but it wasn't like the image Koda was giving off. And even though she was unsure at first about her 'new image', heck, she loves it. She's a young woman now with so much more, if not complete, creative freedom; and she acknowledges it. Goto has her own sexy/mature image, Koda has hers. Period. She said herself as well on her comment about the label move that she's never been happier singing than she is now, and I'm just so damn proud of her)

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2008, 12:37:58 AM »
:lol: she covered Whitney?
If you're going to cover her don't do it unless you know you can sing almost as well. Cause it's just gonna make you look bad, even if you can sing decent.
So far there hasn't been anything to make this an exciting comeback for me.

That's a really, REALLY hard song to sing. Anyone that can even pull it off half as well as Whitney Houston deserves major props. And listen to her. You can hear how happy she is to be singing in the amount of passion in her voice. It's not like it's a single. It's a shareholder event. So let her attempt the really difficult song if that's what she wants and I guarantee you a lot of people were impressed because, like I said, it's a difficult song to sing and completely in English, too. I think you're comparing it to the original too much instead of looking at it for what it is, an amazing, breath-taking, courageous interpretation of a classic. No, she doesn't have a Whitney Houston voice. Not many do. But she has her own unique, beautiful voice and she has made me proud with it.

It's been less than a week. Patience. I don't know how the fact that she's back and doing what she loves isn't exciting for you... She could sing "Old McDonald Had a Farm" and I'd be excited if she did it with the same passion and joy she put into this shareholder event (though admittedly a little concerned for her sanity).

Offline wakaba_doll

• kakkoi☆
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • forever...
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2008, 01:03:52 AM »
hanabi. and Pharadox~ you guys took the words right out of my mouth  :lol:

Gocchin deserves all the support she can get. She's always been at the top of her game and can only get stronger from here on out. I for one am expecting big things from her and I'm sure she can and will deliver!

Offline tito

• Gomattou love <3
  • Member+
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2008, 03:31:59 PM »
Totally agree with hanabi and Pharadox. Yeah, that's Maki.

I just saw that same pic^ in today's newspaper over here even though it's blur. The article just said something about Kumi stealing the limelight away from Maki, the new member in AVEX, by crying. Oh well, something told me that I ought to pick up that Chinese newspaper and read it (usually I don't). That's Gocchin! :D

Oh crap, Kumi can never steal the limelight away from Maki from my view. For me, in this year's AVEX performance, I only looked out for Maki, Maki and Maki. Good girl she's back. :wub:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 03:45:30 PM by tito »

'Separation is the beginning of a meeting. Fear not of it.'

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2008, 04:08:33 PM »
^ Koda Kumi cried? Why? Did it say why?

Offline tito

• Gomattou love <3
  • Member+
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2008, 03:11:19 PM »
Ok, I shall try to translate the article (My Chinese is bad so pardon me...) Apparently it was reported that Maki was nervous after 8 months of absence and she bowed after the performance which was contrasting to her supposedly 'wild' girl image.

As for Koda Kumi, it was reported that she was also nervous and she said that at home, she had done some reflections and when she saw the beautiful moon out of her window, she realised she had neglected a lot of things in her life. She promised that she will spend time to appreciate those things. So she cried while singing 'Moon crying' and the reasons speculated are either she is trying to please the shareholders or something went wrong in her relationship with her boyfriend.

Ya, on a side note, I bought HOW TO USE SEXY today. I know I'm ultra slow but at least I bought it!! Cool to have Maki's disc lying around in my house :P

'Separation is the beginning of a meeting. Fear not of it.'

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2008, 05:26:33 PM »
^ Thanks tito. :D

Psh. Gocchin isn't a "wild girl", though. She's a sweet, hard-working, big-hearted girl with a dream to share her voice with the world. Seriously, the media just likes to analyze every little thing, don't they?

I am trying to be sensitive, but part of me just thinks "Koda Kumi's just nervous that she's going to lose the spotlight, so she's making desperate attempts at keeping it".

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2008, 12:34:27 AM »
You people are way too nice to Maki :lol:

If I was a shareholder, knew nothing about Maki, and I saw that performance, I would think, "What are these people doing with my money?" But since she was pretty much a household name a few years ago, they know her star potential. And I think we all know how much japanese music execs value actual vocal talent over image. >_> I know how hard that song is to sing, which is why I'm saying she shouldn't have sang it. That's something you save for people who have little or no control over your singing career.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm still waiting for what she can do outside of H!P and UFW.

^^oh and tito, buying that album wouldn't help Maki at all, now that she's on a different label. :P But I understand the feeling of wanting the merchandise for the sake of having it.

And Kumi is hilarious for doing all that. :lol:

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2008, 01:00:38 AM »
^ We are not too nice. We are devoted. It's different.  :D

And I still say she sounded absolutely beautiful singing the song, but whatever.  :P

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2008, 07:55:21 PM »
I'm really glad that Maki is back. and she looks great in that vid and pic  :heart:
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline wakaba_doll

• kakkoi☆
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • forever...
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2008, 09:33:52 PM »
UPDATE!!!  :w00t:

It's official~ Gocchin will be performing at a-nation '08 in August! You can check out her schedule on the a-nation artist page here~ http://a-nation.net/artist/

As for the rumoured duet with Ayu, nothing has been mentioned, but hopefully she'll be debuting her first single with avex!

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo - Keikoku