JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Beat Crusaders - GTS

Author Topic: The random Idol postwhore thread  (Read 484985 times)

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
Re: The random Idol postwhore thread
« Reply #980 on: September 13, 2015, 12:32:37 AM »
There's no Japan Expo LA as far as I know . . . The only Japan Expos in the US where near where I live and this year got canceled.

Well, then I wonder what the whole competition is for... cuz is explicitly states Japan Expo 2015 in Los Angeles..... http://fivestars.co.jp/event__japan-expo2015__top/

Edit: oh the link from there goes to http://www.japanexpousa.jp/
17-18 October 2015 at Los Angeles Convention Centre

Lolisyn are going to it!!!

Japan Expo, 17-18 October 2015, Los Angeles Convention Centre

Acts going are SOLIDEMO/JAWEYE/Lolisyn/柊木りお (Hiiragi Rio)/長内映里 (Osanai Eri)

There's also a pre-expo show on the 16th at UTB Hall with all those acts.

http://www.japanexpousa.jp/
http://www.lolisyn564.com/schedule/

If you didn't know, Lolisyn are my favourite idol group nowadays, they have a thread here: http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=38654.0
I hope this first overseas trip is a success for them so that more will follow!
But I worry, that if people here were unaware of the existence of this expo... that attendance as a whole will be low...

Cheeky Parade have also been added to the bill for Japan Expo Los Angeles, Oct 16-17th
http://cheekyparade.jp/news/detail.php?id=1026484

Still no sign of an English website for the event though.

Cheeky Parade will also go to Paris on 3/4 Oct http://cheekyparade.jp/live/detail.php?id=1033970

I'm still not sure if that Japan Expo LA is anyway related to the one in Paris... my conversation with Hiro went so badly, but from what I could get, it seemed their trip to Japan Expo Paris when they weren't performing was to speak to the Expo management etc...

Chihiro

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #981 on: September 13, 2015, 09:30:37 AM »
http://2-5-d.jp/cheerz/

BPM15Q on atm, i believe tokyo clear's & last question are also performing

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #982 on: September 18, 2015, 07:00:41 AM »
Ladybaby/b] heading abroad:

10.11(Sun)NYC SOB's solo LIVE

【PLACE】200 Varick Street New York, NY 10014
【doors】5:30/【show】7:00
【advance】$12.00 【day】$15.00

http://sobs.com/2015/5959/lady-baby

11.27-29 London Hyper Japan Xmas Market

http://hyperjapan.co.uk/latest-news/christmas/lady-baby/

I hope more groups get announced for this Hyper Japan, as the summer one was fantastic with Honey Spice, Heisei Kotohime, Hiiragi Rio, Dempagumi, (Tokyo Girls Style + more)

Chihiro

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #983 on: September 19, 2015, 01:37:54 AM »
I'm still not sure if that Japan Expo LA is anyway related to the one in Paris... my conversation with Hiro went so badly, but from what I could get, it seemed their trip to Japan Expo Paris when they weren't performing was to speak to the Expo management etc...
It's not related at all to the one in France.

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #984 on: September 21, 2015, 11:23:00 PM »

I find these girls pretty admirable and their songs are good.

I hope they will also make songs about the new security bills..

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #985 on: September 22, 2015, 01:08:11 AM »
I thought the "no boyfriends" was more of an unwritten rule rather than an actual contract clause.
It is, it's would not be legal to have it in a contract.
Saw this the other day: http://www.tokyoreporter.com/2015/09/21/tokyo-talent-agency-wins-dating-ban-suit-over-idol/

Japan, so backwards in some ways.

At least the fee was lowered and the girl's life isn't completely ruined. :roll: Although she may have come from a less well-off background.

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #986 on: September 22, 2015, 05:01:36 AM »

This song reminds me of the movie Die Hard.  :nervous

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #987 on: September 22, 2015, 03:14:59 PM »
I thought the "no boyfriends" was more of an unwritten rule rather than an actual contract clause.
It is, it's would not be legal to have it in a contract.
Saw this the other day: http://www.tokyoreporter.com/2015/09/21/tokyo-talent-agency-wins-dating-ban-suit-over-idol/

Japan, so backwards in some ways.

At least the fee was lowered and the girl's life isn't completely ruined. :roll: Although she may have come from a less well-off background.
Weird, I'm pretty sure I read that it's not legal to have such clauses in a contract in an article abut AKB48 on that subject.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #988 on: September 22, 2015, 05:59:32 PM »
The clause wasn't about not having a boyfriend, but about photos with a guy (whatever that means). I guess that is the difference. Strange at it is.

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #989 on: September 25, 2015, 09:27:43 AM »

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #990 on: September 25, 2015, 11:21:42 AM »
^ LOL, an old fashioned heavy metal song - it's nothing like what I had heard from them before.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #991 on: September 25, 2015, 03:12:44 PM »
^ LOL, an old fashioned heavy metal song - it's nothing like what I had heard from them before.
I have read some interviews with their manager. They want to be able to do several styles. Admittedly that makes it hard to get really into them. But I am in for this challenge :lol:

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #992 on: September 25, 2015, 03:17:42 PM »
I have read some interviews with their manager. They want to be able to do several styles. Admittedly that makes it hard to get really into them. But I am in for this challenge :lol:
I know you said recently that you didn't like it when artists did too many styles and I used to feel the same way but now I actually welcome it - like I used to dislike the old PASSPO songs I couldn't even listen to the first album at all, but now I just like it all :)

(and recently after seeing BiSH I've been exploring BiS a lot and I love that they are all over the place)

That being said I found the other stuff from Necronomidol a bit boring to listen to so I never really bothered with them, it might change now :)

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #993 on: September 25, 2015, 05:27:42 PM »
I still struggle with early PASSPO releases, and that although I am a big fan. But it just doesn't work with the more recent output. On the other hand I can enjoy those old songs when they are performed by Hachake Tai. They fit much more with them, being more crazy and idoly.
But back to Necronomidol: You have to see them live. Their antics, as well as their fans, make for a completely different experience. I prefer their straighter songs much more, but as I love 60s psychedelica I am sure that I just need some time to adjust for the rest.
My desinterest for BiSH won't change though.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #994 on: September 25, 2015, 07:15:58 PM »
The intro reminded me a bit of Deep Purple.

The craziness of the crowd during BiSH (and them repeating songs) can be a turn off but, like Kiyoshi Ryujin 25, I've gotten to liking them despite not wanting to. Had this song stuck in my head all day.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #995 on: September 25, 2015, 07:48:11 PM »
My desinterest for BiSH won't change though.
Now you're just being a hipster  :grin:

Honestly I don't see why you wouldn't be interested in them, they have many great songs and Aina is a great singer - as for their image/stage presence I'm not that impressed though - I guess they were supposed to be edgy/dangerous like BiS, but on stage they look really young and especially Chitchi is super "idoly" she just smiles a lot and look cute which normally is a good thing but it just contrasts with what I think was supposed to be their image.

(yes I made up that "idoly" word)

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #996 on: September 25, 2015, 08:04:44 PM »
^ IMO, the problem with BiSH live, is that there isn't really anything to it apart from constant lifting by fans. The whole thing is just fans getting lifted. And most of their songs are just ballads, so can't do anything else anyway...

The same was kinda the problem with Hacchaketai... there were about 10 hardcore fans in happis and sunglasses, and they just constantly lifted each other the whole time... didn't make a wall of lifted people like it was at BiSH, but it was pretty much the whole live... just lifting people, which, IMO, is a bit stale, and, not that fun if you are behind the wall of lifted people, so can't see shit when that happens....

BiSH buppan is really fun though, Aina is really friendly, and all of them will just, kinda, stand/sit/jump on you. Chitti seems more responsive on twitter to that...

Chihiro

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #997 on: September 25, 2015, 08:23:39 PM »
Deep Purple? Never! :lol:

I think I have a problem with their intended image that you described, Rezar. On stage the girls are anything but dangerous, but the audience makes a huge fuss about it and consists of a bunch of trash wotas. I have no problems with rock/metal idols, if you think that way. I have seen enough groups like PassCode to realise, that only on rare occasion the girls fit the image of the music they perform. Think of MioMio and SlipKnot :yawn: BiSH music is okay, but nothing out of the ordinary. At least it doesn't click with me.

I am surprised, that with Hacchake Tai people were lifting each other. I have never observed that when I saw them. I guess usually PASSPO codec doesn't allow such behaviour. Otherwise I agree: Lifting should be used for special parts in songs and not become boring repetition. Chants and stuff is much more important for a good atmosphere.

Offline hanji

• Member+
« Reply #998 on: September 26, 2015, 12:32:10 AM »
NECRONOMIDOL  >:D

Really weird to see these wota guys going berzerk on this kind of music (esp. the black metal and darkwave songs). Major, major culture clash!

On stage the girls are anything but dangerous, but the audience makes a huge fuss about it and consists of a bunch of trash wotas. I have no problems with rock/metal idols, if you think that way. I have seen enough groups like PassCode to realise, that only on rare occasion the girls fit the image of the music they perform. Think of MioMio and SlipKnot :yawn:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, but I don't see why she (or anyone else) cannot show multiple parts of her personality (or personal preferences) without being thought of as a fake rocker or whatever.
She happens to like both Slayer and the Teletubbies, so be it. I don't think that she tries to be a hipster or that it's a part of a bigger marketing plan. This in contrast with a group like Deep Girl who are obviously styled to come across as being streetwise rockchicks by wearing metal-shirts and skate wear. Also the emphasis on Hacchake Tai being beer drinkers all the time is way more exploitative imo.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #999 on: September 26, 2015, 06:57:43 AM »
Deep Girl had a free live in Shibuya on Wednesday. Definitely felt cliche that their 3-piece band was dressed like the character from Scream. Despite the overly long talk part which will be on TV (which is probably how they got away with the live being completely free?), the 2 new songs were promising.

The free handshake with all of them after was great though. Even if their image of being tough rock chicks is a little forced, they're good at interacting with fans so it's not to hard to see how they got 11,000 copies sold through release events. The more fitting name for the group should be Deep Sea Fishing Girl!

English site for Japan Expo LA is finally up but no coherent page on the lineup of performers as far as I can see. You need to check their FB page for that! Jeez!

http://japanexpousa.org/en/home/

If I was there, I'd be psyched for Cheeky Parade, Hiiragi Rio, and Lolisyn. Would probably check out the other idol groups if there was no schedule conflict just because.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 08:55:23 AM by mixedmedia »

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Beat Crusaders - GTS