JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Back Horn - Cobalt Blue

Author Topic: The random Idol postwhore thread  (Read 484810 times)

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
Re: The random Idol postwhore thread
« Reply #1000 on: September 26, 2015, 09:54:11 AM »
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, (...)
Probably this. My post was rather aimed at the fan culture here. I am probably still stuck in old views, which is why I find exaggerated fan behaviour, that more suites a Punk/Metal show, a bit over-the-top, when it happens with rather harmless idols like BiSH. It is different for groups who emphasise it. Just think of POP or Oyasumi Hologram. Or the mentioned Necronomidol.

The contrast between the music and the idols personality itself doesn't matter to me. Actually the opposite is the case, as I love this Japanese trait to mix contrasting things without a care. I find most rock/rap/whatever antics too be so lame. With the Mio-commentary I wanted to exemplify this contrast. I see now, that I phrased it wrong. Sorry for that. It is just that sometimes I am of the opinion that some people consider their favoured idols more worthy because they make "tougher" music. That kind of thinking is stupid to begin with.

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #1001 on: September 28, 2015, 04:32:40 PM »
I don't feel any one is more "worthy" because in the end, they're all just performing something that was produced for them. There's nothing wrong with that though. A lot of artists all over the world have gone that route due to pressure from their labels/management.

I'm more annoyed at these people who carelessly drop words like "quality" and "authenticity" and expect me to accept them at face value. Regardless of how well or bad an idol might sing, does it make me feel something? I think that's one of the things about Japanese music that's great. Even people with "technically bad" voices can be stars. People like Chara or Peach sugar snow might not be May J but they don't have to be.

What is "authenticity" anyway? Why can't lyrical school or Rhymeberry be considered hip-hop? Is it because they're young, Japanese, and/or female? Why can't BABYMETAL be considered metal? I swear too many of these commenters take their music way too seriously.

Off topic, I didn't want to like PREDIANNA but, this song got me changing my mind.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 04:39:59 PM by mixedmedia »

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1002 on: September 28, 2015, 06:29:43 PM »
Off topic, I didn't want to like PREDIANNA but, this song got me changing my mind.
Lol, at TIF I stood like first row for them (was waiting for Doll Elements). I felt a bit odd :oops: watching such young girls, but at the same time enjoyed their music and - damn, but they can perform!

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1003 on: September 28, 2015, 11:23:43 PM »
NOPE....  :shocked
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 11:40:40 PM by Rezar »

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1004 on: September 29, 2015, 08:58:09 AM »

if they all stick with it the group has potential to be really good imho

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1005 on: September 29, 2015, 02:53:56 PM »
Great energy from Akishibu Project

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #1006 on: September 30, 2015, 04:59:51 AM »
^ I didn't like it when they were misused in a half-baked VICE documentary.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #1007 on: September 30, 2015, 05:54:12 AM »
I don't think anyone who understands idols and or likes Akishibu liked how they were deceived and had their fans dissed. Yes, human trafficking is a problem but, to misinform a group of people who think they're being promoted is despicable. Sadly, there's more ppl who watch VICE than know about Japanese culture and idols. Just look how many idiotic comments are on the Nigo-directed music video for "nerve" by BiS. However, there was a pretty good piece they did on Negicco. Vice is half-baked. Just because they occasionally do something good, don't expect it all the time.

Lesson should be to use caution when dealing with the media because they'll edit and chop things up to serve their agenda. Fuji TV got in trouble for mistranslating Korean subtitles that didn't match what the people were saying.

In happier news, Natsumi Ishikawa from Akishibu is one of the semifinalists for Miss iD 2016! Her failing at the chicken impression is probably better than if she was able to do it.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 08:43:59 AM by mixedmedia »

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1008 on: September 30, 2015, 07:33:45 AM »
Iwamura Natsumi? Really? The same name as the PASSPO member?

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #1009 on: September 30, 2015, 08:56:23 AM »
I made a mistake. It's Ishikawa Natsumi. Girls from PassCode, NECRONOMIDOL, Avandondol, Idol College, Mecha High, Kamiyado, Otome Shino, Houkago Princess, etc. are also in it but no "big names" like Terashima Yufu as far as I know.

This ridiculously bouncy girl from Flap Girls School is in it too.

Either way, Natsumi is a common name.

There are also a few idols with the exact same name (when Romanized) although the kanji might be different.

Watanabe Mayu (AKB48 and 3min./palet)

Hashimoto Kanna (Rev from DVL and soon to be ex-Idol Renaissance)

There's also 2 Yokoyama Yuis in AKB48.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1010 on: September 30, 2015, 09:10:22 AM »
^ also a couple of the girls from Ebisu Muscats were made it into the semi-finals as I recall.

Oh was it that shitty "School girls for sale" one, I got irrationally angry when I watched it.

Another new one

« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 09:22:20 AM by Rezar »

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #1011 on: September 30, 2015, 10:23:31 AM »
Kicking myself again for not going to that because I forgot and agreed to go with someone to Tsubasa Fly which was right across the street on the same night! Serves me right for not paying attention to the members' Twitter accounts, all of which had that date marked as their tour finale.

I hope Miyatani Yue learns to take better selfies soon. She always looks like an alien in her pics.

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #1012 on: September 30, 2015, 02:03:50 PM »
The brown haired girl with pig tails in Akishibu is super-cute.

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #1013 on: September 30, 2015, 08:08:12 PM »

Regardless, I think it was good exposure for them. Went to their weekly free show with a couple of other people the other week, all of us who had only heard of them from that documentary. They were all really great at the group handshakes, something I don't normally say (I normally try and avoid those group handshakes  XD ) Their songs/performance was pretty good, too. And, unlike what was shown in the VICE documentary, they had quite a large number of female fans there, and a roped off section of the crowd for them to go in. One of the largest female audiences I've seen at an idol show...

Btw, I think a couple of the Akishibu members are super cute... and they were at a few other idol events I went to, but, err, I didn't pay attention to Akishibu there  XD

Chihiro

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #1014 on: October 02, 2015, 12:08:49 PM »
So, I was looking at the Japan Expo Los Angeles English website: http://japanexpousa.org/

And seems a few more idol groups. So Cheeky Parade, Lolisyn, Link Stars, Hiragi Rio, Parallel Dream, and more.

It's 17/18th October in LA Convention Centre.

With a pre-concert on the 16th with Cheeky Parade, Lolisyn etc.

http://japanexpousa.org/

Chihiro

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1015 on: October 02, 2015, 03:27:02 PM »

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #1016 on: October 03, 2015, 04:10:54 PM »
Liking this Baseball Girls song recently

I like watching the crowd in this vid.

Chihiro

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1017 on: October 03, 2015, 06:45:13 PM »
^ the closest I have been to any actual idol contact was when one of the Baseball girls (yellow one) came up to me and asked me to follow her on twitter, she's more popular than I would have thought, I think partly it's based on she does drawings almost every day (themed around idols/fans) that are very popular.

https://twitter.com/peroperorinko01

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1018 on: October 03, 2015, 11:58:08 PM »
And what about the TPDash idol that talked to you?

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1019 on: October 04, 2015, 12:11:55 AM »
And what about the TPDash idol that talked to you?
That doesn't count since they were 10 years old.

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Back Horn - Cobalt Blue