JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Misia feat DCT - I Miss You

Author Topic: The random Idol postwhore thread  (Read 483392 times)

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
Re: The random Idol postwhore thread
« Reply #1020 on: October 04, 2015, 10:54:28 AM »
And what about the TPDash idol that talked to you?
That doesn't count since they were 10 years old.

Welcome to the world of idols...

Chihiro

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1021 on: October 04, 2015, 12:10:49 PM »
And what about the TPDash idol that talked to you?
That doesn't count since they were 10 years old.

Welcome to the world of idols...
It also doesn't count since her English was perfect (with an Aussie accent though)

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #1022 on: October 04, 2015, 12:51:15 PM »
It also doesn't count since her English was perfect (with an Aussie accent though)

Oh man, was it funny? I met a couple of idols recently who speak English with American and Canadian accents and found it so hilarious. (Just because it's so unexpected compared to the normal Japanese accent, I guess.)

Chihiro

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1023 on: October 04, 2015, 01:12:07 PM »

Oh man, was it funny? I met a couple of idols recently who speak English with American and Canadian accents and found it so hilarious. (Just because it's so unexpected compared to the normal Japanese accent, I guess.)
Actually I was approached by 3 of them and they looked at me and said "English" and I nodded and then they went and got her, her father is Australian so that she speaks English is not that weird, also she kinda looks like a bit like Lindsey Lohan did as a kid with reddish hair.

Wait.... maybe Ladybeard is her fater!!!  :shocked

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #1024 on: October 05, 2015, 07:34:44 AM »

Gotta love the Van Halen tune interspersed into the song

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1025 on: October 05, 2015, 03:16:35 PM »
Not a big fan of such young girls in bikinis, probably wont be long before Sakura does a gravure video she was already in Weekly Playboy a while ago.

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #1026 on: October 05, 2015, 09:48:28 PM »
A French guy made this hour long video on a bunch of idol groups. Features live footage he shot and interview with each group (French + English subs):

The groups are:

00:01:10 GEKIDOL
00:08:17 Lyric-Holic
00:16:50 GusOdRoP
00:26:06 Screaming Sixties (Zekkyou Suru 60-do)
00:37:18 NECRONOMIDOL

I watched for Guso Drop and Zekkyou... and, the live footage was great. I love Montero's screams. But both groups were very very nervous and unsure of themselves in those interviews  :nervous

Chihiro

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #1027 on: October 06, 2015, 01:25:24 AM »
Apologies if this has been posted before...

After watching post above, was impressed by song and production quality...Tsuri Bit really produces
well done songs and PV's

Nice theme

【公式】つりビット『釣り銭はいらねぇぜ』MV Short ver.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 01:36:34 AM by muppet »

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1028 on: October 06, 2015, 02:52:19 PM »

Wish they wouldn't sing in English.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1029 on: October 06, 2015, 07:56:32 PM »
A French guy made this hour long video on a bunch of idol groups. Features live footage he shot and interview with each group (French + English subs):
Good stuff, and the interview questions weren't too bad, like "How did becoming an idol changed your live?". BUT the way it was presented made me skip to the only group of interest to me, Necronomidol. The focus was too much on unspectacular live presentations. I would rather have enjoyed longer and deeper interviews.
Agree about the nervousness. Most of the groups, if not all, are rather new. And then being interviewed by a foreigner... ;)

For the BAND MAID video:
Song is just mediocre for their standards (NO guitar solo :( ). Thrill is still unrivaled. I would love to see them at festivals in Europe.
I don't mind the English. The bad thing about it is more the fact, that they probably aren't able to speak it.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 08:02:49 PM by wattstax »

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1030 on: October 06, 2015, 10:09:32 PM »
Yeah the song is not that great I liked the two other videos much more, my problem with the English is that I can't understand what they are singing it might as well be Japanese with the odd English word like most groups do.

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #1031 on: October 06, 2015, 10:24:55 PM »
^ I don't realise when Japanese groups sing in English most of the time until someone points it out to me....

Good stuff, and the interview questions weren't too bad, like "How did becoming an idol changed your live?". BUT the way it was presented made me skip to the only group of interest to me, Necronomidol. The focus was too much on unspectacular live presentations. I would rather have enjoyed longer and deeper interviews.
Agree about the nervousness. Most of the groups, if not all, are rather new. And then being interviewed by a foreigner... ;)

Haha, I'm the other way around - more live footage, less talk. I think maybe that's just how I enjoy idol groups in general anyway...

Chihiro

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1032 on: October 07, 2015, 07:18:04 AM »
Haha, I'm the other way around - more live footage, less talk. I think maybe that's just how I enjoy idol groups in general anyway...
That is true in general, but I believed the intent of the film is to give people more insight into the current idol underground scene, or am I wrong here? For that purpose interviews would have been fitting. If I wanted a focus on lives I could look them up at Youtube myself or buy me a live dvd.
At least it shouldn't have been - 1 song - 1 question - 1 song again - 1 question again - and so forth. That way neither of us was satisfied.

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #1033 on: October 07, 2015, 02:33:14 PM »
Some of the missID entries are nightmare inducing

This girl, though...  :shocked:

:bow:
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 06:40:43 PM by vlinorman »

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #1034 on: October 07, 2015, 09:08:43 PM »
That is true in general, but I believed the intent of the film is to give people more insight into the current idol underground scene, or am I wrong here? For that purpose interviews would have been fitting. If I wanted a focus on lives I could look them up at Youtube myself or buy me a live dvd.

I think live DVDs are a luxury these kindof groups haven't got to yet  XD
Or in some cases even many youtube vids, which is a shame  :(

But maybe I get what you mean - not just interviews and lives, but more, hmm, structure/overall things linking everything together.

Chihiro

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #1035 on: October 08, 2015, 11:34:47 AM »
Yeah the song is not that great I liked the two other videos much more, my problem with the English is that I can't understand what they are singing it might as well be Japanese with the odd English word like most groups do.

I used to listen to into a Japanese band called Beat Crusaders, I understood almost none of their lyrics despite all of their songs being completely in English.

Although the only thing that bothers me about this song is the first line, is she really saying "You make me so wet"?  :wth

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #1036 on: October 09, 2015, 04:26:17 PM »

I was surprised that there are in fact six girls in the group

The missing one must've been ill when that official video was shot

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #1037 on: October 11, 2015, 03:24:03 PM »
Some of the missID entries are nightmare inducing

This girl, though...  :shocked:

:bow:

The first one is Nanaka Aoi, and her losing it during the audition was actually
pretty memorable.....
She is sixteen, and at 176 cm, girl could definitely photograph quite well,
And looks like she has a sense of humor (maybe about choking at her audition?)

But a real beauty indeed:

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #1038 on: October 11, 2015, 08:30:40 PM »
It's been quite a few months since we got our first idol groups (except Babymetal) to perform in the UK (at the Hyper Japan event). And I never really posted about it or pimped the groups here at jphip. We had Dempagumi, Tokyo Girls Style, Hiiragi Rio, and Heisei Kotohime and Honey Spice. The last two really won me over, I think also as it was their first overseas trip (and the line-ups had changed dramatically shortly before this trip). But the girls were so friendly over the course of the 3 days, had a great time with them, and felt a connection and they just seemed really excited and happy to be going overseas and winning over new fans etc. I spent quite a bit of time on my recent Japan trip attending their lives etc and really follow them now. Particularly Aritan from Honey Spice, who, I think, is the idol who is the best at "acting like an idol" I've met. And is close to being my favourite idol now - she may only be 2nd cuz she kindof put herself there and always talks to me about Lolisyn etc...

Anyway, here are a couple of recent Honey Spice song performances:

And a few recent Heisei Kotohime performances, with the new line-up:

Chihiro

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1039 on: October 12, 2015, 09:33:03 AM »
yeah, Honey Spice are really good...and they're all pretty active on that CHEERZ app as well :thumbup

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Misia feat DCT - I Miss You