JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rururu - &

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls Thread  (Read 55958 times)

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: The Elder Scrolls Thread
« Reply #220 on: September 05, 2012, 04:18:25 AM »
Congrats Tuffty. :lol:   
When I first started Skyrim, I rushed into marriage because I was just so intrigued by the idea. I married my Nord off to Ysolda, but I had some regrets a while after. I kinda wish I had known of Sylgja earlier.  Those regrets are starting to go away now, because Ysolda has the motherly qualities.

I adopted two kids; (with the Hearthfire add-on)  Lucia and Hroar.

Even before Hearthfire was confirmed, I always told myself I would adopt Hroar if the opportunity came; I liked his personality.  I ran into Lucia as I was on my way to adopt Hroar. My family lives in the Whiterun house, which is quite crowded right now; Lydia the housecarl, Ysolda the wife, and the two kids. It gets pretty hectic when I walk in with a follower as well. By the way, I was able to turn the alchemy lab into a children's bedroom; I never used that lab anyways.

It's fun interacting with the children; telling them to do chores, go outside (they'll moan and groan about this, they must love staying inside o.O ) , give them a gift, play hide and seek/tag.

I've started construction of a new house near the Falkreath area. Not sure if I'll live there because I love the gated community of Whiterun.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 10:09:52 PM by mode107 »
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #221 on: September 12, 2012, 12:28:49 AM »
Riften's a pretty cool place for quests. Me and the new wife took an imprompt honeymoon out in the wilderness near by. Walked through a forest and along the mountains, went hunting, a bit of sight seeing just exploring areas nearby. That's when a group of bandits marched right up to me demanding I pay them money. They didn't realise they were messing with

a) The Dragonborn
and b) The Dragonborn's Wife

Lydia put an axe through the head of one, I literally decapitated another and then got rid of the other guy when I Fus Roh Da'd him off a cliff. :lol:

Now contemplating which side to join for the war, but both seem as bad as each other. The Imperials seem like a bunch of bastards for marching in and preventing the Nords from going about their way of life. But then the Stormcloaks are just as bad if they mean to make Skyrim a Nord only place, driving all the elves into exile.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #222 on: September 20, 2012, 11:52:23 PM »
There's a modder who's working on recreating Morrowind/Oblivion in Skyrim. Wow.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #223 on: October 06, 2012, 12:16:19 PM »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #224 on: November 03, 2012, 03:20:06 PM »
^ Oh I never commented? I loved that farking random bear. :lol:

...I gave in and reinstalled Oblivion. :lol: I also created a khajiit character (Furi Nyan LOL), made her an assassin. She's not out of the sewers yet lol. I want to learn how to use the bow this time, maybe. But I'm worried that if I don't kill stuff with one arrow, I'll get run and pwned. :lol: Not very good at switching weapons... But hey damn, she is FAST. And I sneak killed two goblins in the starter cave. :') I just want to sneak kill everything. Maybe.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #225 on: November 03, 2012, 03:36:50 PM »
^ Nice!! I want some Oblivion stories!

Bethesda have teased a trailer for something Elder Scrolls related on the 5th Nov. I'm guessing more Skyrim DLC. I don't want it to be something for the ES MMO :lol:

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #226 on: November 03, 2012, 05:41:34 PM »
>o<

Remember that old man just outside the Imperial City who gives you a fishing quest?? I've never figured out how to actually catch the fish, so this time instead asking him how I could help, I chose to laugh in his face. And omg, he got so angry he wouldn't even let me talk to him again. So I thought, damn, this dude is no use for me anymore, is he? ...So I put an arrow in him and wondered what would happen. The bad thing is, I stupidly checked what he had on him and got thrown into jail just a moment later when I left that area for stealing 3 gold. ;_; So if I kill more innocent people, I should first pickpocket them and then kill? Or what. :lol: Well, that was the first time I actually killed an innocent in this game (on purpose) so that's new. I got thrown into jail and freaked out when they let me go because there was a battle outside between a mage and a bunch of guards. I have no idea.

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #227 on: November 05, 2012, 01:04:08 PM »
Lmao I used to play Oblivion. I remember that guy with the fishing quest, you're supposed to jump into the river and start looking for the fish and kill them lol.

I always play as a Khajit cos of night vision. And yes sneak kills are awesome. I've pretty much mastered archery and the art of sneak kills even with a blade lol. I just enjoy sneaking around in general. I think I went into that one dungeon filled with vampires and basically sneak killed my way through every single enemy in there. Detect Life is your best friend if you're sneaking around and want to know whether you have anyone nearby to spot you. It's slower to play that way but I find it satisfying to assassinate people. Lol.

Now you make me want to play Oblivion again D:

Oh and about murdering non hostile NPCs, you can get away with it as long as no one sees you doing it XD but expect a visit from the assassin guild soon...can't remember their name. I like their questline haha. Have fun and tell us more!

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #228 on: November 05, 2012, 05:14:57 PM »
New DLC

"You didn't think that you were the only one?"  :panic:

« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 05:39:27 PM by mode107 »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #229 on: July 23, 2013, 10:06:14 PM »
SHAMELESS PLUG, I TOTALLY POSTED A SKYRIM STORY ON THE FRONT PAGE. :lol:

http://jphip.com/my-little-skyrim-shirenu-roleplays-a-khajiit-alchemist-who-hates-confrontation/

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #230 on: July 29, 2013, 04:06:58 PM »
Haha well my character from that story totally died like two Skyrim days after that, so I don't think there will be part two... (I was going for "when she dies, she dies")

Discouraged and depressed, I started another new game lol, with the same randomized starting point thing and anti-fast-travel ideology (but no anti-death)... So... I'm at fucking Winterhold again LOL (I died shortly after entering the college in my RPG attempt...) I've progressed some that I can kill some bandits and necromancers etc. in addition to wolves, but basically, I can't do anything much because my skills are so crappy XD I'm level 3 or something and the dungeony areas here with some more special enemies are haaard. I tried accessing some and got my ass kicked XD But maybe this is realistic... Also, I guess I'm going for a mix of magic and archery, unless magic drives me insane again. Idk how it can make me feel so WEAK lol. I can't even gain access to the college yet because I don't "have enough magicka" to cast the spell the lady at the entrance wants me to do :lol: So pathetic

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #231 on: December 06, 2013, 01:48:17 PM »
This is nuts, a modding team is working on creating Morrowind using the Skyrim engine

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #232 on: December 12, 2013, 03:53:23 AM »

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #233 on: February 22, 2014, 10:53:00 PM »
I'm considering getting Oblivion (Game of the Year edition). I'm just concerned that this "dated" game would frustrate me. I remember playing Fallout 3 and being frustrated with a number of things; one reason was that there was no regenerating health like there is in Skyrim (which is understandable since Fallout 3 was released before Skyrim). I just have this worry of regressing from Skyrim, and being upset for even purchasing the game. I understand that Fallout is a different game, but I just didn't connect with the gameplay (I feel that I could tolerate an upcoming Fallout). I didn't think Skyrim was for me at all (it freaked me out), but then I ended up loving it. Anyways, I'm posting and asking to see if anyone thinks someone like me (who's first Elder Scrolls game was Skyrim) could be satisfied with Oblivion.

Edit: I bought the standard version.  :P
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 02:43:55 AM by mode107 »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #234 on: February 23, 2014, 08:14:49 PM »
Enjoy mode! I haven't played Oblivion in a long time but I don't think there's that much of a leap between playing it and Skyrim. There are features obviously which aren't in Skyrim (dual magic, shouts etc) which you might miss, but I think it's still essentially the same kind of game. Looking back on it, you can criticise it for the samey looking dungeons and ridiculous auto balancing (e.g. coming back to opening areas as a high level character will also raise the enemy's difficulty so you can't swarm through bandits as they're wearing glass armor) but all in all, if you liked Skyrim, you're like Oblivion.

Now, try to go back from Skyrim to playing Morrowind! That's a shock! Combat is essentially different and now wildly depended on dice rolls so your melee attacks can miss. The journal system is pretty basic, anything you do in a quest is written down as an entry, but there's no markers on the map telling you where to go. What really annoyed me about the journal was that I could start a quest, do a couple more note worthy, unrelated things, but there's no way to sort them out by quest so if you want to see what happened last you literally have to skip back pages to find the entry (it's not titled or anything) and what it was you were trying to do. So you could come back to it, as I have, and literally have no clue what quests you were on, which were completed and where to go next. And of course. The cliff racers. Ughhhh. Fucking cliff racers. The most annoying enemy in any Elder Scrolls game.

Still, I think Morrowind might be my favourite of the series. Playing it at the time, with it's sheer scope and scale was unlike anything else I'd ever played before. The setting is completely unique to high fantasy fiction and yeah, just many happy memories playing it (despite the bugs). Also, it has some of the best music:

Offline TeriyakiBoi

• Member+
  • Fantasy Football Champion (3 in 5 years)
« Reply #235 on: February 24, 2014, 08:27:48 PM »
I've never played Morrowind so I don't really have the appreciation that other die-hard Elder Scrolls fans have.  However, I've played both Oblivion and Skyrim and I find myself preferring Skyrim a lot more (I only played through Oblivion once and it was pretty much a half-assed playthrough at best).  I guess I'm a sucker for newer graphics and whatnot.  I mean, both games have tons of mods to improve the experience, but playing Skyrim with some various mods gave me an experience that I just never felt when playing Oblivion with mods.  Anyhow, I actually signed up for the ESO beta a while back but when the news came out that it was going to be subscription-based, I decided not to join the beta testing (I was actually prepared on the scheduled date until I read the news). 
"Chicks dig the long ball" - Greg Maddux

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #236 on: April 02, 2014, 01:33:37 PM »
This damn dog

He gets in my face and PUSHES me, lol. Why? What the hell? At least he seems somewhat invincible, and I don't have other allies with me (RIP Lydia >_>), so I guess he can stay for now...

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #237 on: May 22, 2014, 10:06:45 PM »
This Youtube channel is great at capturing beautiful game worlds and Skyrim is surely one of the most stunning.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #238 on: July 13, 2014, 03:00:46 PM »
2 yrs after getting the game (not playing all the time) I finally got Dragonscale Armor and weapons

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #239 on: November 02, 2016, 10:42:10 PM »

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rururu - &