JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Boat - 12kai

Author Topic: The World of Warcraft Thread  (Read 33056 times)

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
The World of Warcraft Thread
« on: April 18, 2006, 05:32:33 AM »
I'm getting back into WoW again after a long hiatus. My summer job is long and boring.

So, I figured it would be cool to make a list of who plays and where their characters are.

My current main is Seithra - an Orc Warrior on the Kirin Tor server.

Offline jphip3826

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 05:54:32 AM »
I've got a gnome warlock on Gorgonnash. I'd stay away btw, the game eats your soul

Offline Cyrano84

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 10:33:11 AM »
an Orc warrior on Ursin
Copy from one, it's plagiarism; copy from two, it's research. - Wilson Mizner

Offline Mastergodai

• Member+
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 04:00:59 AM »
Troll Warrior on Emerald Dream

Offline Carrie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 05:08:39 AM »
I have a Night Elf Druid and an Undead Rogue on Malfurion.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 05:17:14 PM »
For the Horde! :lol:

Lightninghoof:
Sayumi - Undead Mage
Ishibashi - Tauren Shaman
Michishige - Undead Warlock

Dethoroc:
Chinami - Undead Warlock

/Random lowbies on various other servers.
//I Like the Horde.
///I love casters.
////I don't play as much as I could/should anymore :sweatdrop:

Offline welfare+warrior

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 03:05:48 AM »
I just got back into wow
my main is Dwarve hunter and I have a night elf druid..and a night elf rouge..like prettty much ever other person who plays this game

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2006, 04:40:58 AM »
Played since March of last year.  Had about 130 days played between my two characters (60 Rogue, 53 priest).  The 60 rogue had been through MC/BWL/AQ40/AQ20/ZG/Ony.  Completely epic'd out 'n all, but the game just wasn't as fun as it used to be.  So I sharded all my gear and sent my friend the nexus crystals (24 total) so he could sell and get money together for his Sulfuras, Hand of Rag.

R.I.P. Lajonsky

Ironfoe/Bloodsail Admiral (First on server for both)

Jabronisaur

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2006, 05:46:29 AM »
I have a night elf hunter on Emerald Dream named Konkon if anyone wants to party. I think I'll go reserve the JPH!P guild name just incase.

Jabronisaur

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2006, 11:33:59 AM »
The JPHiP Guild is almost there. But I need more members. No one here has alliance on Emerald dream? I wanted to pimp the jpop through out WoW!

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2006, 12:10:37 AM »
http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/07/21/1746252

:9bbc76d5::9bbc76d5::9bbc76d5:

I thought WoW was getting sloppy before, but this is just ridiculous. They better add some unbelievable shit in that expansion if they ever want me to pay to play that game again.

[size=-2]horde is still > *[/size]

Offline Iamabowl

• Captain of the Inanimate Object Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2006, 12:46:17 AM »
It's more a boon for the alliance than for the horde. Paladins were never that powerful (or fun, really)... I'm interested to see how they'll change many encounters, since the main reason against giving horde paladins/alliance shamans before was that certain encounters became too easy if there were both paladins and shamans in the group.

I haven't played wow in a while, but my friends have been telling me of plans for inter-server battlegrounds and stuff... Might make me dust off my warlock and start playing again.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2006, 01:11:18 AM »
Quote from: Iamabowl
It's more a boon for the alliance than for the horde. Paladins were never that powerful (or fun, really)... I'm interested to see how they'll change many encounters, since the main reason against giving horde paladins/alliance shamans before was that certain encounters became too easy if there were both paladins and shamans in the group.

I haven't played wow in a while, but my friends have been telling me of plans for inter-server battlegrounds and stuff... Might make me dust off my warlock and start playing again.

Paladins are probably the most beat class in WoW, any BE that actually decides to play pally will just be an alliance reroll :lol:. The problem with this (and WoW in general), is that the game is becoming watered down. It takes away from the limited uniqueness each faction already had. Instead of making race/faction less of an issue, they should be adding more classes/racial abilities perhaps, or focusing on more content throughout the general game/endgame content.

[size=-2]Forsaken are the best race either way, I can't lie[/size]

Offline Iamabowl

• Captain of the Inanimate Object Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2006, 01:29:57 AM »
yeah, I'd rather get new content than reworked versions of the old content. Hopefully the expansion will have enough.

Jabronisaur

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2007, 10:40:15 PM »

Well I decided to move my character to a new realm. But where should I move to? Are there any other players here who wanna team up? Should we make an JPH!P guild? Let me know what ya think. There are some new realms out now. So maybe one of them RP ones if no one here wants to hook up.
It would be cool to bring H!P to WoW...name all our characters after members and stuff. Or is that too silly?

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2007, 10:56:16 PM »
WoW hits 8 million mark

If you assume that the subscriber milestone means roughly seven million people are paying GBP 8.99 a month to play the game, that's an income of GBP 62,930,000 ... a month! If I was Blizzard, I would fill a swimming pool with the money and buy a chimpanzee to enjoy it with.

^ Likewise

Offline wildstarr

• Member+
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2007, 03:16:12 AM »
I've been thinking about that recently.  With all the money on monthly dues it seems WoW would be a better game.  I'm not saying its bad at all but with that type of revenue WoW should have about 3 expansions by now.  Its taken over two years just to come out with one.

Offline edhead999

• MAJI DE!?!?!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2007, 09:36:29 AM »
The problem isn't the expansion, but the level of the content. You either have people who breeze through all the instances, or people who are stuck in the first epic-leveled instance. So either you're really bored, or you're a 'casual' type of player. Oh and their Player versus Player system is really bad now. Meh, it just seems like there's better stuff to do than spend ~15 a month. Because World of Warcraft just comes down to cybering and e-thugs. :(

Nacchi... kawaii XD

Offline dorobo

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2007, 05:51:17 AM »
don't understand how its so addictive i stopped playin even though i have like 3 months already paid for

Offline d148lo

• ecchi
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2007, 09:24:40 AM »
undead priest and tauren druid on Ursin, and why is it so addictive? its simply the best MMORPG in the whole wide world. If u dont find it amusing then u just dont like MMORPG.

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Boat - 12kai