JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: So Nyuh Shi Dae - Complete

Author Topic: Ace Attorney Series  (Read 2081 times)

Offline SanyuMiyazaki

• Now 5% less new!
  • GASP!
Ace Attorney Series
« on: October 31, 2013, 07:01:20 AM »
We don't have a thread for this series yet?

Dunno how to make a fancy intro for this thread, so I'm just gonna say "Discuss the Ace Attorney" series here!" Now's a good time as any, with Dual Destinies having only been out for a week now.

Speaking of Dual Destinies, I have to say it's definitely beat Trials & Tribulations as my all-time favorite game in the series. Yeah, the voice acting is kinda average for the cutscenes, but they got some good voices for Phoenix, Apollo, and the new attorney, Athena. And I really like the fact that all three of these attorneys are playable in the game, even if only for a single case. It gives you some insight about the character you're playing as regarding their personality and how they respond to the general insanity around them. If you have a 3DS, definitely look into getting it!

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
Re: Ace Attorney Series
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 04:15:34 AM »
What I loved about the series, other than the cultural references, word-play on names, and dialogue, was the music. Especially in Trials and Tribulations with Godot's Theme: Fragrance of Dark Coffee.

I even downloaded the orchestral version:

Wishful thinking, I'm still waiting for the localization of Gyakuten Kenji 2 (a.k.a Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth 2). Hopefully the sales of Dual Destinies and Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney next year will encourage Capcom to work on it.

Still need to buy a 3DS to play Dual Destinies. Also has been years since I played the previous 5 games. I remember how hard it was to get a copy of the first game after it came out.

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: So Nyuh Shi Dae - Complete