JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Umlaut - Bouken

Author Topic: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread  (Read 303138 times)

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
Re: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1580 on: December 30, 2012, 05:06:45 AM »
I just pressed buttons until stuff happened. XD if you patched it in English, I think I would never go to work

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1581 on: December 30, 2012, 06:15:21 AM »
If I'm not wrong the 'Z' button is to select, 'X' to call up the menu or to cancel. I rofled at the skill descriptions because they are based on talents the girls have. :lol:

I haven't gotten very far but there seems to be an option for combining consumables into...more effective consumables? XD; Also, Kuduu's physical attack skill seems to be better than Harunan's so far...I expect when I get Ayumi she will excel in speed/magic (because the "dance" stat controls those LOL)

The game engine is familiar, I think I've seen (and fiddled with) something like that before. I'll see what I can do about the language lol. XD;

Oh note, examine the flowers in Haruna's house in Hachioji (Haruna's starting city). You learn the special skill "ikebana", or flower arrangement LOL. It gives you additional damage against plant-based enemies...oh and get the 10000 yen from the wardrobe in her room too. XD

Why do I feel like I'm giving a walkthrough as I play? Lmao.

Edit: I restarted again to refresh my memory about the story. Lmao. The quest is basically TO BECOME A MORNING MUSUME MEMBER AGAIN BY GATHERING YOUR MEMBER COLOURS. Wth, Tsunku, still trolling in a dream reality?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 06:28:26 AM by Estrea »

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1582 on: December 30, 2012, 08:09:39 AM »
This game....is cracking me up. First you get attacked by a delusional Rinapuu (from S/mileage), then Miyamoto Karin assaults you in an attempt to TAKE OVER YOUR QUEST RAWR, and now....ManoEri is the next boss? What? Also, why is Ayumin equipped with a chicken wing as an accessory. o_O

Also, note to self...MANO IS SCARY. SILENCE HER IMMEDIATELY D:

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1583 on: December 30, 2012, 10:05:06 AM »
Essy, I heart you. XD Are you playing on a controller?

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1584 on: December 30, 2012, 11:23:10 AM »
No not a controller, but it corresponds to your keyboard. Haha. It really pays to know Japanese because the boss battles can get ridiculously hard without following instructions lol...

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1585 on: December 30, 2012, 11:36:38 AM »
Ok, I'm stuck. Where am I supposed to go after I fight Rinapu?

Okay, scratch that. I made it to Sendai, how the hell do I find Ayumi?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 12:41:49 PM by rndmnwierd »

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1586 on: December 30, 2012, 01:10:53 PM »
Go to Ayumin's house (it's the one nearest the bridge leading north, in the middle of Sendai), read the message on the table and pick up the blouse hanging on the wall at her house, then leave the city and head north to a forest (you'll see the glowing orange dot on your minimap). XD

And holy crap, I've reached a part where I had to keep restarting because HOLYSHIT I HAVE TO FIGHT WHO? No spoilers. XD

This game is amazing. And Nintendo Hard. Holy shiiiiit.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 03:09:24 PM by Estrea »

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1587 on: December 30, 2012, 07:14:36 PM »
T.T I got my ass handed to me by Mano... Essy, you should just write a guide. :lol:

Offline mochi.rini

• lover of all TakaGaki and food :D
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • nomnomnomnom
« Reply #1588 on: December 31, 2012, 01:09:34 AM »
or make a Let's Play for Youtube! :D  :cow:
Hi~iiya!~  (>^_^)>
I support T a k a G a k i
Tumblr/blog \(^ - ^)/

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1589 on: December 31, 2012, 01:14:38 AM »
Lmao rndy. I had to restart twice before I figured out how to beat Mano. :lol:

Ok first things first. Harunan has to use her skill against Mano in the first turn. The one you learned against Karin. It does damage and silences Mano for a few turns, so she can't use that annoying hit-all move that confuses your team.

Then when the picture pops up and they start talking for a bit, what they're saying is that Mano is defending, so all your attacks on her will be autocountered while she is doing so. I need not say anything but DON'T ATTACK HER THEN. Take the opportunity to heal up and let Ayumi build TP for her Dance Machine Special. Mano will not attack while she is defending so just make sure everyone is ready once she stops defending.

Note, Ayumi's Dance Machine Special that takes a 100 TP lasts only 3 turns, so wait until Mano stops defending before you activate. Then just Daishi Attack all 3 turns (its in the Tension Max command, can't remember if it's the 3rd or 4th command now lol). You can also use the Boxstep skill in the Dance command to give her 15 TP when Mano is defending.

Duu should apply stat downs whenever possible to Mano, but don't do it while her defense is up cos it'll bounce back (I know, I tried haha). Harunan should focus on healing and re-silencing Mano every few turns to make sure she can't use that hit-all move. Ayumi will be your main damage dealer with Duu as backup damage dealer and also item user (since she doesn't have any moves like Ayumi that boosts herself or doesn't affect the enemy). The ichigo daifuku item that gives you 30tp should be applied liberally to Ayumi lol. Speeds up the process of getting to Dance Machine status haha. But you can do without also because you might want to save it for the insane back to back boss fight much later.

Mano has 350hp so this will definitely take a while. As long as you seal her singing with the silencing move you ought to be fine. Stock up on healing and mp potions because you will need it. Go to your menu and find the item synthesis command (アイテム合成) and make as many upgraded heal and mp pots as you can. You can buy mineral water and macha to make green tea at the item shop, which restores 5mp. The gyu-tan item that the guy at the bar gives you can be a lifesaver if you get hit by the hit-all and need a quick pick-me-up since it restores 50hp to your party. Mano has never been more annoying. Lol.

Last note, Harunan has a skill that can be activated outside of battle if you open the menu and go to Skills (the second command on the menu). Use it to call monsters to you. Fast way to train and farm items for synthesis. I usually head to the forest where you find Ayumi and spam that command there, because the green blob monsters drop Pie Mix, which can be combined with Apples in item synthesis to form Apple Pies that restore 20hp. Or was it 15. Haha. And Duu can get a upgraded weapon from collecting Bat Teeth from the bat enemies there too. You just need 2 of it really. Oh btw if you collected the Hairclip box from Saitama in that old man's house (top left corner of the mansion, in a box on the table), you can use it in the item menu (last tab in items) to get a Hairclip item (Duu's default weapon). In item synthesis you can combine it with the Bat Teeth to get a better weapon (2nd tab in item synthesis).

But yeah...if you think Mano is hard...Rinapuu comes back again and she is more annoying than when you first fight her. And then after we find Maachan, you get another scripted battle that is also Nintendo Hard and Guide Dang It. Then you get to teleport to Hiroshima for the mother of all boss battles...suffice to say it was horrible and I never really want to go through it again. And then you find out its not.over and holy shitttt. Yeah. Haha. It's hard even with my ability to understand Japanese. But it's a good game that way lol. Really forces you to think during the boss fights. Haven't had so much fun in a while. :lol:

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1590 on: December 31, 2012, 01:41:13 AM »
I love you. ^

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1591 on: December 31, 2012, 03:10:08 AM »
Lol I screwed up pretty bad following the Boss Battle From Hell in Hiroshima. I'm practically out of all healing items because I had to spam them against a boss that can attack twice in a turn. You will cry if she uses her hit-all both times. And if she uses her time stop move, good luck because only one character (Harunan) will be active, and Harunan sucks at attacking in general unless you have enough TP to access her new mode (THE Chocolate!) that also freezes time (and thus your teammates, but not the boss, who has a similar move). Expect at least one character to get knocked out. Lol. Then you get attacked by the next boss without a chance to heal in between. This one doesn't hit as hard, but she can disable your party members for a few turns and has a magical hit-all that hits HARD every few turns. Fukuchan who joins you right before that will be invaluable for her Def Plus skill that is applied to your whole team. She can also cast Regen, which isn't as helpful but a neat move regardless. I managed to beat the bosses at level 16, but I really recommend grinding to level 18 for an easier time, cos Duu and Ayumi gain useful skills at 18 and 19 respectively. Fukuchan also gets better skills around 18 so you can leave Harunan out of the team while you level the rest at first. Maachan is amazing and your source of magical attacks, and her Special is called English Skills (lmao) that has 3 options (heal all, attack up on one party member, and attack all). Fukuchan has awesome magic attack stats and awesome stats all round even though she was one level lower than all my party members when she first joins. When you defeat Mano and another special boss later, you get an item that teaches their special song skill. Give it to someone who has enough mp or high magic attack. I would say Maachan, but Maachan learns magic of her own, so Duu or Fukuchan might be a good choice. Harunan should save her mp for healing and silencing. Haha. Don't give it to Ayumi cos her magic attack sucks lol, and she's better off as the straight up attacker.

When I get home I'll make a list of all the attacks and the skill descriptions to make your life a bit easier. Lol. I think I wept in relief when I realized Fukuchan has a skill that locks enemy movement for a few turns. Sure it takes 70 TP to activate, but with the battering my team was getting it wasn't that difficult to get there lol.

Maybe I should just make a walkthrough as I play. Haha. And maybe we should move this to the video game section? Lmao.

Last note, when this game gives you something, ANYTHING, expect to use it in the near future. For example, they teach you a new skill against Karin (Silence), but they DON'T tell you that you have to use it against Mano. It only occurred to me after I died the second time. When they give you the ichigo daifuku, they expect you to use it, because it will make your life easier. Same with the gyu-tan. But save as much gyu-tan as you can because Hiroshima. When they gave me 10 manju that gives 50 TP, I mentally went oshit because hint of boss battle from hell. I was right. I was left with just 3 manju after it because I had to spam it. Harunan is pretty lousy outside of boss battles but invaluable on it. Duu and Maachan are awesome against regular enemies, but Maachan can mode up to be completely awesome in a boss fight as well. Ayumi is a weaker attacker, but she's fast and you need that when you need to heal before the boss hits you again...plus her Special makes her useful. Lol.

Well yeah...the in game descriptions of each skill is hilarious. Wait till you get your next character after Fukuchan, her passive skills are wtf. And Fukuchan herself is amazing. Her passive skill is Former Egg (Duu has it too) that gives +10% to atk and def, but the next skill is Sexiness (which stuns enemies she attacks cos, and I quote "they are too busy staring at her"). I died laughing. They really ought to release a game like that. I would totally buy it lol.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 03:25:43 AM by Estrea »

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1592 on: December 31, 2012, 05:47:51 AM »
This needs an English patch. XD

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #1593 on: December 31, 2012, 05:49:09 AM »
with all this talk maybe someone should make a fic/oneshot/crack out of harunan quest? im sure somone on here can make something epic? XD
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1594 on: December 31, 2012, 06:06:36 AM »
I was actually planning to write a novelization of it. Lmao. Too epic not to otherwise!

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1595 on: December 31, 2012, 06:13:46 AM »
 :hiakhiakhiak: :hiakhiakhiak: :hiakhiakhiak: :hiakhiakhiak: (My face when I read that ^)

Edit: So can you tell me what Daishi's Dance move's do, the fire, ice, blah steps?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 07:41:58 AM by rndmnwierd »

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1596 on: December 31, 2012, 06:20:48 AM »
Haha I would have to restart again and play it right (aka not waste any items, grind levels when I need to etc), and my story would probably double as a walkthrough. :lol: The whole set up for the plot is basically made for my writing style on crack. Considering my one shot where I wrote Eripon the Knight In (Not-so) Shining Armor, it fits. XD

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline resop2

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1597 on: December 31, 2012, 07:20:12 AM »
Estrea, would you be interested in doing a party podcast where people played along to HarunaQuest and you could tell us how to play and what was going on?

We don't have to "solve" the game, just give the listener enough tools to play the game with.

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1598 on: December 31, 2012, 07:30:26 AM »
Sure I guess...except that I suck at talking haha. And we have to find some time...hmm...

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1599 on: December 31, 2012, 09:33:25 AM »
:hiakhiakhiak: :hiakhiakhiak: :hiakhiakhiak: :hiakhiakhiak: (My face when I read that ^)

Edit: So can you tell me what Daishi's Dance move's do, the fire, ice, blah steps?

They add elemental affinity to your attacks for a set amount of turns. Since no enemies (except maybe the Ice-based enemies in Hokkaido) have any visible elemental weakness, I rather you not waste a turn. Even Agi Up is more useful considering you can sometimes dodge attacks more often. Though I have observed that Ayu's hit-all, the Rock Throw, is earth-based and does shit damage to Flying enemies. So there might be a elemental affinity going on, but it's hidden and definitely not in the monster encyclopedia. Probably have to figure out on a trial and error basis.

Incidentally, Maachan's flame based spell does double the advertised damage to snowmen and other ice enemies. So maybe elemental affinity could be useful. Once we figure out what works that is. If we follow Pokemon logic, plant based enemies would be equally vulnerable to Fire and Ice (water is not the same as ice in this game)....and SOMEONE has the ice elemental (Riho XD). Ice enemies will be weak against Fire, obviously....though I wonder at the possible damage a water based spell could do (melt them? maybe?). Considering we see mechanical based enemies later on, I assume Electric works against them. Again, I haven't tested this so it's hard to tell. Hard to test when it's all Life and Death and HOLY NO MORE MP GASP where I am right now.

Also, note that Kuduu's passive skill gives her a Def Up against Water-based attacks (Swimmer lol...they also take this trope very literally when she Jumps Into A River and then proceeds to presumably Swim Down A Waterfall. Shocking, I know). There's also a shop that sells a mantle that gives you 20% cover against all elements. Oh, and Karin has Light and Dark based attacks (yes, you get to control her briefly. No, you don't seem to get to keep her. But what do I know?). So elements might be important. Oh I dunno. Lol. Requires many hours of gameplay and actual testing to find out haha.

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Umlaut - Bouken