JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Girl`s Day - Oh! My God

Author Topic: (Group) Crayon Pop (크레용팝)  (Read 167061 times)

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
Re: (Group) Crayon Pop (크레용팝)
« Reply #280 on: August 07, 2013, 07:36:10 PM »
Even Waveya throwing in a Bar Bar Bar shout-out doing the jumping at the end of their Jay Park dance cover starting @ 1:10

sig not by Stryfe... but I don't have the heart to remove the shout-out

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #281 on: August 08, 2013, 04:09:48 AM »
Even Waveya throwing in a Bar Bar Bar shout-out doing the jumping at the end of their Jay Park dance cover starting @ 1:10

Pretty funny that they couldn't keep the engine going properly :P. They had a ChoA malfunction XD

Some pics from their Naver Blog

« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 04:53:09 AM by storyboard »

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #282 on: August 12, 2013, 01:46:10 AM »
Latest vid not subbed yet but here it is anyhow.

highlights from start to finish. If you want to be surprised when you watch the video and/or wait until it's subbed then dont read this lol
- ellin being cute
- gummi being cute
- everyone being cute
- soyul trying to speak english? "I'm so-so" @ 12:42
- practice run through some of Bar Bar Bar @ 16:05
- more group cuteness
- backstage practice @ 19:05
- Soyul and Gummi lose their shit @ 20:10 and it's hilarious
- China enjoying Crayon Pop goodness @ 22:12
- group cuteness until end of video.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 03:56:21 AM by Forthisgift »

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #283 on: August 12, 2013, 04:06:00 AM »
Some subbed goodies by CKtalon :D

Offline Sharadou

« Reply #284 on: August 13, 2013, 12:18:30 AM »
Hai im new here!

Love Crayon Pop So Much!!

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #285 on: August 13, 2013, 12:43:19 AM »
^ Welcome!

Nice to have another Crayon Pop fan around :)

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #286 on: August 15, 2013, 10:00:50 PM »
Crayon Pop revealed they were just as surprised as the public when their hit song "Bar Bar Bar" started up the beginning of a dance craze and topped music charts in just a year since their debut.

ChoA dished on her group's surprising success, "Whenever our ranking rises, we were surprised and said to each other, 'Uh, uh, uh, what is going on?' When we entered into the top 10, we kind of felt it. It's amazing and touching at the same time as we reminisce about the things we went through in the past."

Gummi shared, "Right after I woke up, I found out that we were #1. Immediately after waking up, the kids told me, 'Unni, we placed #1 on the music chart,' and I was so happy I don't know what got into me and I screamed in joy. It was so hard to believe that you don't know how many times I had to check it."

ChoA revealed, "Our CEO told us that if we achieve #1, he would give us a '3-day vacation,' but since we have so many things in our schedule these days, we're unable to go on vacation as of yet. We will save it for later."

Way, ChoA's twin sister, also shared, "#1 [on a music show]? I think that won't happen anytime soon. We are already thankful to everyone for our level of our success right now. A deal if we reach #1? We've never thought of it before. We would have to discuss it with our CEO [laughs]."

ChoA added, "Ah! There is one thing that our CEO promised our members. When we first debuted, our cellphones were confiscated, and he told us that he would return them to us if we reach #1 on a music show. There's still a long way to go until we can get it back."

Way also hinted on their follow-up song and shared, "Our follow-up song will definitely be a more exciting song than 'Bar Bar Bar'. You should anticipate not only our new song, but our visual and choreography concepts."

Soyul said, "Although we got a lot of love because of our choreography this time, we hope that we receive interest and love for other elements besides our choreography for our next promotions."

On the topic of hitting #1 on a music show...they almost got it on M!Countdown yesterday! They lost by 500ish pionts to 2NE1 >_<

----
A Crayon Pop CF! XD

MBLAQ covering BarBarBar at their concert

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #287 on: August 16, 2013, 05:52:24 AM »
Ellin looking fine in Bumkey's new MV

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #288 on: August 16, 2013, 10:26:19 PM »

6:29 this time Way messes up the dance, but at least it's only in rehearsals :P
My favorite part of this video is the self-cam with Gummi and Soyul in their hotel room. Soyul with her short solo shot while singing Dreams Come True XD. Also Gummi was too cute being too intense during their little game. And saying she has no aegyo, but her whining was pretty aegyo-ish.

---
Dunno if this is worth posting but I'll post it anyway. Remember them playing that Super Pang game? Well they were on that show again, but the game they played this time didn't look as frustrating.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 10:31:30 PM by storyboard »

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #289 on: August 19, 2013, 03:09:40 PM »
Some fresh KMD subs.

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #290 on: August 20, 2013, 04:22:36 AM »
Subbed interview by CKtalon

Dunno what this is for

Popjusshi is quite famous these days lol

A nice pic of way

cr 관리자

Ellin looking like a boss

I ended up buying the game they played XD. It was only $10 bucks on Amazon so I thought why not it looks fun. Haven't received it yet though

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #291 on: August 20, 2013, 04:38:05 AM »
 :heart:

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #292 on: August 21, 2013, 09:11:57 AM »
Billboard interview
The rookie girl group talks about the viral craze that took their "Bar Bar Bar" single to No. 1 on the K-Pop Hot 100 and what's next

To stand out among the tons of K-pop girl groups making waves this year, there seemed to be only two options: Either ooze sexiness with skin-barring outfits and pelvic-thrusting dance moves or stay sweet with fluffy skirts and repeated camera-winks. Most girl groups took the former option, and made some noticeable impact, but without any long-term success.

Then came Crayon Pop, who flipped the scene with the unthinkable. Neither sexy nor cute, they were, intead, straight-out absurd. Their breakout single "Bar Bar Bar" is centered around a dance move called the "Straight-Five-Engine Dance" and a unique stage ensemble of big bicycle helmets and eye-popping tracksuits. It's helped the group become one of the most talked-about acts this year. The quirky concept has inspired parodies and dance covers all throughout Korea and, thanks to its viral success, the song has finally landed on the coveted No.1 spot of K-Pop Hot 100.

The five members -- Ellin, Soyul, Gummi, Choa and Way in their signature helmet and tracksuit getup -- sat down with Billboard for an exclusive video interview to discuss their sudden rise to fame, new record deal with Sony Music Korea and what to expect from their hotly-anticipated next single.

"In the beginning, we weren’t sure [about our popularity] because we would go straight to practice after our daily schedule," says lead dancer Ellin. "We found out about our growing popularity when people started telling us 'You guys are really popular!' That’s when it started really hitting us. We can also tell by the amount of video covers coming up on the Internet lately."

With their latest single's music video and choreography now generating global attention, the group recently landed a deal with Sony Music Korea, raising questions about the possibility of their debut beyond Korea.

"We don’t have concrete plans to crossover and debut in a foreign country as of now," the group says. "But we really, really want to meet our foreign fans that have been supporting and loving us."

(Page 2 of 2)

The girls -- ranging from ages between 22 to 25 -- have a large fandom of men in their 30s to 40s. They say it's because they are like a breath of fresh air in K-pop.

"There's even a new epithet called 'Pop Guys,'" explains vocalist Way. "It's used for older men that like us. We have a lot of fans that are in their 30s. We heard we are like a rejuvenator for working men that are restless from the corporate life because of our bright energy."

There are some that doubt Crayon Pop will be anything but a one-hit wonder, but the girls are out to prove haters wrong with their highly anticipated follow-up track in September in the hopes to quiet down all doubts.

"Our next track has been selected, but not the concept," the group reveals. "I think a lot of people like us not only for our uniqueness but also for the fact that they receive fun energy from watching us. So I think [our next concept] is going to be fun which will go well with the funky track."
Video in the article
http://bcove.me/je2zl122

----
So Crayon Pop is going to be in Los Angeles this weekend, at least according to their schedule at their fansite. KCONUSA is also happening this weekend...and they recently hinted that a colorful girl group is going to be revealed. Sounds like it could be Crayon Pop as it fits their schedule so perfectly. Now I dunno if I should get tickets or not @_@.

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #293 on: August 21, 2013, 03:24:12 PM »
So Crayon Pop is going to be in Los Angeles this weekend, at least according to their schedule at their fansite. KCONUSA is also happening this weekend...and they recently hinted that a colorful girl group is going to be revealed. Sounds like it could be Crayon Pop as it fits their schedule so perfectly. Now I dunno if I should get tickets or not @_@.

You're telling me that there's a chance you could see Crayon Pop in the flesh and you don't know if you should get tickets???

Here's what you do.. ready?

Get tickets.

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #294 on: August 22, 2013, 04:22:20 AM »
Should be an easy decision right? XD
All I'm thinking about is what if they don't end up going. Then I'm out 50-80 bucks and wasted a whole day for nothing. It'd be SO much easier if there was at least another group I'd want to see. f(x) will be there but I'm not too big a fan. I dunno I just keep thinking about the negative side of things instead of the positive XD

I'll probably end up getting tickets but as of now I'll wait just a bit longer.

----
A new subbed video from CKtalon

ChoA and Way explaining the "easier" way to tell them apart ._. lol

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #295 on: August 22, 2013, 09:41:52 AM »
If I'm being brutally honest, I probably wouldn't pay 50-80 bucks just to see one group perform what, 2 songs? Ish. That's why I don't have interest in these Kpop cons, you just get to see your favs for a moment and the rest is just filler...
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #296 on: August 22, 2013, 10:06:35 AM »
Yea that's also another reason why I'm a bit iffy on it. Also turns out it cost more than what I originally thought which is pushing me away from buying tickets. It's like $100+ =.= and I think it'd be worth that price if there was like 3 or so groups I'd like to see or some Crayon Pop mini concert XD but that's not the case. I would have been fine with it if it was 50 bucks, Crayon Pop and sorta f(x) would have justified the price for me.

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #297 on: August 22, 2013, 10:58:29 AM »
For me price probably wouldn't be so much of a factor because, for one, kpop groups come around here to NYC once every 5-10 years if I'm lucky lol. If I lived on the west coast in LA or something where groups come through pretty regularly (relatively speaking) I'd be more picky I suppose. Financially, I've spent 100 dollars on video games in the last 3 days alone XD so, like, I could have 'sacrificed' that for a group I'd really like to see if only for 2 songs. That's all if I knew for a fact that they would be the special surprise guest though so I hear what you're saying about being iffy on that not knowing for sure if it's even them performing. Tough call. Maybe you can wait until closer to the day and see if someone has to get rid of tickets at a cheaper price for whatever reason? Idk. WHY CAN'T THEY JUST TELL YOU WHO IT'S GONNA BE!?! ARGGG

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #298 on: August 23, 2013, 09:30:03 PM »
:O So this pretty much confirms they're going! Now gotta find some cheap tickets lol
크레용팝 ‏@crayonpop 8h
8월25일 Mcountdown what's up LA 크레용팝 출연~!!

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #299 on: August 24, 2013, 01:50:04 AM »
Hope you can find tickets that aren't too expensive! I just looked up prices for the hell of it on ticketmaster, like best available, and it was $187  :(

That's rough. Unreasonably rough.

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Girl`s Day - Oh! My God