JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Super Egg Machine - Rebirth

Author Topic: The Michishige Sayumi Thread (道重さゆみ) [+100 pages]  (Read 527031 times)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
Re: The Michishige Sayumi Thread (道重さゆみ) [+100 pages]
« Reply #1501 on: November 28, 2014, 06:25:39 AM »
^ thanks for that post JFC san, really
was nice....

Also in above article, a
really nice Young Jump
cover....the girls and the
magazine staff should be
proud of this one, really
conveys that family spirit
that the girls have

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
« Reply #1502 on: November 29, 2014, 10:09:00 AM »
Heh heh...  so Sayu has been archived already.  JPHiP is not far behind H!P who issued Sayu-less update pics of MM the day after her graduation.  Oh well, that's the price of progress!

However...

What does the future hold for our pinku princess?

TokyoHive repeated the official mantra:  "After her graduation, Michishige will take a break from showbiz indefinitely."
http://www.tokyohive.com/article/2014/11/michishige-sayumi-graduates-from-morning-musume-14

Is this all we can say?  Or is it a clever ploy designed to
* give her a genuine break, which of course she both needs and deserves, but also
* to see what offers come pouring in?

It seems to me that her non-singing performance at her graduation concert was superlative.  Her obvious skills as a host and presenter were on clear display, and I would suggest that it was quite deliberate that Sayu chose to deliver her farewell address completely unaided, with no notes or teleprompter (at least, I saw no evidence of a teleprompter and I think it would be unprecedented to have used one).

So...  is she gone forever, to be soon snapped up by some boy band bozo from Johnnys and hurried off to wedded bliss...  or...  perish the thought...  will Okai Chisato make a hurried exit from C-ute and the two finally show their true lesbian natures in pledging their vows ...  yikes!

Or...  does a new career await her?

What are the thoughts?

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #1503 on: November 29, 2014, 03:16:47 PM »
I think Sayu has been pretty open and honest about anything she says to the public. It may not be the whole truth, but I think whatever we get is the only truth we actually deserve to know.

She has not closed the door to show business completely and has clearly said that she will take a break from the entertainment world indefinitely. So I'll take her word for it. She definitely deserves the break after all these years of hard work with the group, especially with her graduation-concert-injury. "Indefinitely" as it has been used by several members of H!P can mean a whole spectrum of things. The graduation could very well be just the beginning of her finding what really comes after Morning Musume in her life. She could be taking this break just to figure out what she's going to do next. Although I trust that she can probably succeed at anything she sets her heart to do, it wouldn't be a surprise if she stays close to where she works best, entertainment. But she's learning how to cook, so that can lead to anything.

Sayu has had 11 years of training to become as great as she is at what she does. I think her farewell speech to the fans wasn't deliberate in the way that she wants to show how good she is at speaking to the public. Rather, it was deliberate in the way that she knew it was the best way to address her fans. Reading "you guys are weird" from a letter doesn't sound as convincing as just saying it as she did.

I wouldn't be surprised if she reveals a boyfriend or whatnot. It's not hard for a beautiful lady like her to find a person to lover her. We all already love her. She is entering that age for average Japanese women to start seriously thinking about settling down.

A new career is definitely waiting for her, we just don't know what it is. She could leave the limelight completely and start a quiet and simple life, find some other kind of work to do. It could still be a career and I would still cheer her on wherever she goes.

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1504 on: November 29, 2014, 10:08:22 PM »
sayumi_fan & others are asking because her fellow 6-th genmate Kamei has virtually vanished off the earth's radar; no one knows whats happen to her or whats she doing now save for her immediate family & maybe Reina & Sayu.
So people can't help but wonder if "take a break from showbiz indefinitely" means the same as that

And she'll probably find a boyfriend from the same industry of showbiz, 'cause they know firsthand the pressures that come with the job. Nakazawa Yuko is the exception marrying outside her industry
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1507 on: December 08, 2014, 06:10:31 AM »
A quick video for Music Japan, no doubt recorded prior to the graduation concert.

20141208 「MJ」道重さゆみコメント

Offline invisname

• ~Aloha Rider~
  • Member+
  • ~Aloha~
« Reply #1510 on: December 17, 2014, 03:15:02 PM »
It's been 20 days since SayuGrad happened, and in the rush of regular-life after a whirlwind trip I have finished a write up of my experience with SayuGrad.

Part 1: http://nantonaku.mittsi.net/?p=52889
Part 2: http://nantonaku.mittsi.net/?p=52999

These are unfiltered/unedited brain spray of things from then, but I thought maybe people might want to read it. It was a unique experience for sure. I met a couple of you people out there and had a fun time! Thanks to those I met! If you have the patience by all means enjoy.

Hopefully Sayu will return soon so I can translate blog entries again for everyone as well.
-Sayu, Gaki, Aika Blog Translator-The Nantonaku Translations Substitute Leader -
-~LDK Random Subs~-

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1511 on: December 18, 2014, 02:20:27 PM »
From H!O's Twitter:
Michishige Sayumi's UTB "Sayumin no... Oshiete Kouhai!" series of articles will be released in book form.
- http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-1756604
- https://twitter.com/hello_online/status/545495510258565120
- http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-1756604

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1512 on: December 26, 2014, 07:45:16 AM »
She made the list on what appeared to be a countdown episode (like a "person of the year" or "story of the year" thing) of the show Hirunandesu!

Morning Musume 14,Michishige Sayumi[HIRUNANDESU!]Person of the Year

Offline ShoujoHino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1513 on: December 28, 2014, 02:17:22 AM »
so....this is pretty amazing. What is Sayumin doing now?? She is in Hawaii with her family for the New Year Holiday.....
I know because I was working KCC Farmer's Market this morning and she was walking by with another girl around her age (but the girl had huge sunglasses) and three little kids. (doesn't seem to be Tsuji, the thought crossed my mind after the fact, but she is still in Japan according to her blog.) The youngest kid tripped and fell in front of our booth and started crying, Sayumi went to grab the kid and asked if she was okay, and I did a double-take and RAN my ass out in front of the booth and asked if the kid was okay, and stared at Sayumi.....and she stared back and I said "Um, I think I've seen you before....." and I whispered "Sayumin?" and she kind of smiled and nodded and then words just didn't come out and I gave her a deep bow, before regaining my brain function and telling her she took a picture with my baby two years ago, and now she's two years old and LOVES Sayumin and dances all the time. Sayumi just kind of nodded and smiled and said "thank you" before moving on. I made sure to whisper whenever I said "Sayumi" just in case since there were a lot of Japanese people around. She was wearing her hair down, no makeup, navy blue sweatshirt and dark pants, looks like she really really needs+deserves to have a relaxing time in Hawaii.  I wish her the best and so glad I met her. what luck!
My letter is read on DokiMiki Night!!!!
http://bit.ly/1Ck34YC

Okitegami Karaoke Contest!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1514 on: December 28, 2014, 02:38:45 AM »
Omgass!! It's ShoujoHino!!! :wave:

Offline ShoujoHino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1515 on: December 28, 2014, 07:00:21 AM »
yeah, it took that much of a happening for me to actually post. I still do read the boards but get a lot of info via Twitter+Google searches now. also hello!online tracker.
My letter is read on DokiMiki Night!!!!
http://bit.ly/1Ck34YC

Okitegami Karaoke Contest!

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1516 on: December 28, 2014, 12:10:35 PM »
Lucky bastaaaage!

Doesn't Sayumin have a sister? My guess is the other girl was her sister.

...But I'm going to fanfic in my head that it was her lover BECAUSE SHOUJO-AI

I hope not too many people recognize her though, she DEFINITELY deserves time off! :lol:
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1517 on: January 01, 2015, 07:31:36 AM »
I guess they re-aired the MTV Japan VMAJs that Sayu co-hosted?

Morning Musume 14,Michishige Sayumi/Berryz Koubou[VMAJ14]

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
OT, but...
« Reply #1518 on: January 02, 2015, 09:20:18 PM »
yeah, it took that much of a happening for me to actually post.

WAITAMINUTE... Is that you I see in the 8th-floor kitchen every so often, after 10:00-ish?

Ulfuls is comin' in March!

'Kay sorry for being OT...

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #1519 on: January 03, 2015, 12:30:28 AM »
Chaos for the Hawaiians in trying to "run" into Sayumin :lol:
Random Thought: