JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: School Food Punishment - Kemuri Ni Shiro

Author Topic: Morning Musume promoting Globally, your opinions?  (Read 2845 times)

Offline arisa03

• ecchi
  • Member+
Morning Musume promoting Globally, your opinions?
« on: October 18, 2012, 02:22:40 PM »
Yes, this is about the 15th Anniversary World Wide Handshake.

You see, I posted an account of the Thai handshake, and apparently I was stupid to try and give Reina a gift directly. (I tried. No one knows if we can give it to them, or to which person do we give them to. So I tried. Sure, stupid, but I have no choice but to try, because we've got no answers. So yes, sure stupid. LOL. Maybe it's a handshake regulation to 'you cannot give the girls directly.' but some have, during the airport, someone handed reina a gift so, yeah idgi lmao.)

Someone told me that "I do not want Morning Musume to be known this way." I personally don't know what 'This way' means, but I think this person meant about 'Globally' lmao.

So what are your thoughts on this? o A o if you want to see my 'very stupid' fan account, you can read it here.
Like I’m the most calm... Like, it must definitely be because, Like when we enter, I’ll be hurrying. But Because Junjun is older, I can calm down? I don’t really know, Like I just absolutely want her there beside me. Whenever we go abroad, if Junjun is absolutely not beside me, I absolutely won’t go. Something like that. -- Tanaka Reina about Junjun.

Offline Chibs

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Confessed Eriholic
Re: Morning Musume promoting Globally, your opinions?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 04:54:55 PM »
doesnt sound like you werent able to give her gifts, more like the staff was keeping the table clear.  Anyways my opinion is that i want them to come to USA! :o I think it is good for them to have a global presence and hopefully would it affect their sales.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 06:49:06 PM »
I think it's awesome that/if they are promoting globally!

People who don't like to go see them in other countries can always save up their money to go see them in Japan instead, so they're not losing anything by Momusu travelling to see fans around the world. (This is what I plan on doing because I love Japan not just for MM, and I can't afford to both follow MM around the world AND go to Japan... So I'd rather save my money for Japan. Does that mean it bothers me that MM is going to other places in Europe, Asia and the US? No!! It doesn't take anything away from me.)

To MM it can only be beneficial. It can even create a bit of buzz back at home in Japan. Of course there are many other groups doing trips abroad as well, but any excuse to appear in the media in positive light like "hundreds of people came to greet Morning Musume in country x" is a good thing. :3

And the more fans show up at these things, the better! It will encourage the management to do similar trips again, hopefully to more countries. I used to feel indebted to Japanese fans for always going to their tours in Japan when I couldn't, but now that is spreading into feeling indebted to MM fans around the world. I know there are several different fan communities online and otherwise, but in the end what we all do and wish to do is support Morning Musume, and to have that as a globally uniting thing is something BEAUTIFUL! Awww yeah.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline mochi.rini

• lover of all TakaGaki and food :D
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • nomnomnomnom
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 10:38:21 PM »
Personally, I think it would be extremely beneficial for them to promote globally.  I doubt that there won't be any extreme increases in sales and whatnot, but it's definitely not going to hurt them.

However, in order to do so, I feel like their events need to be better.  These worldwide handshake events don't seem very fun at all and they're poorly timed.  It's mainly the management that's been ruining the events.  I haven't actually attended any of the events, but out of all the worldwide events that they've had, it seems like the trip to Anime Expo in 2009 was probably the most successful.  Having a live concert definitely boosts interest.  Of all the H!P events out of Japan, I'd say that one and the Buono in Paris event succeed the most.  I guess the Kikka in Atlanta event was pretty successful too, but sadly, there's not too much hype out her.

Then again, I've only read fan accounts, so I can't be too sure.  They just need to get better management if they do decide to branch out (such as not screaming at the fans @ Berryz in NJ or unclear amounts of handshakes)

BUT, if we do want to see more of Morning Musume (other other groups) out of Japan, the fans have to contribute too but actually going and making the event as successful as possible.
Hi~iiya!~  (>^_^)>
I support T a k a G a k i
Tumblr/blog \(^ - ^)/

Offline resop2

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 02:53:39 AM »
I can imagine that if I was Japanese I might be upset.  Morning Musume bills themselves as "National Idols" and "The Girlfriends of Japan".  So, for a Japanese fan, it might seem that MM was "cheating" on them with another country.

On the other hand, if the came to NYC I would go (unless it got out that the line had formed in advance and they would not be able to accommodate any more fans).

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: School Food Punishment - Kemuri Ni Shiro