JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: No Regret Life - Melody

Author Topic: (Group) Party Rockets / Tokyo Rockets  (Read 25809 times)

Offline clem84

• Member+
Re: (Group) Party Rockets / Tokyo Rockets
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2015, 03:59:38 PM »
Also surprised at 6 members. I'm pretty happy to see the band go on. Hopefully we'll hear new stuff soon.

If I'm reading this correctly they have a one man in 4 days? I guess they've been busy the last few months.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2015, 06:27:32 PM »
Yes, the One Man will happen. I wonder if the new members will perform for every song or just a few. I can not imagine them being chosen that early to practice all the dancing already.

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2015, 06:45:42 PM »
I think they have been practicing, it was announced a while ago that they would debut the new members at that show (I think shortly after TIF).

I was originally planning to go for this but I felt it was too soon, LOL!

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2016, 11:23:07 AM »
New single

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2016, 03:31:12 PM »
They're faithful to their own style. I kinda like it. It's weird seeing 5 of them. So used to the 3 girl lineup. I also didn't know they were now called Party Rockets GT.

They seem to have a hard time keeping their members. A little stability in the lineup would help.

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2016, 03:33:35 PM »
I`d say it`s quite nice but nothing special. I know some people that are probably having multiple orgasms right now, though. rofl

one thing that bothered me is the chorus... am I crazy or they have another song with pretty much the exact same melodies on it?

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2016, 03:43:48 PM »
I don't know if that's the one you're referring to but it kinda sounds like the chorus from Starting line (song 7). Kinda.

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2016, 03:52:27 PM »
gotcha! that`s the one. yes it`s a slow tempo song, but the melody follows the same notes.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2016, 04:35:29 PM »
Wow, the video is pretty simple. I wasn't impressed much by the song when I heard the song at the Idol Koushien on 30.12., but it is clear that they keep their style, so I can like it enough.
Still not used to Haruka's hairstyle when she is wearing a dress. In trousers she looks fine.

@Clem
Yea, updates here were to few. Part of it my fault. Anyway, Party Rockets announced their new name Party Rockets GT on their last One Man, when they introduced the new members as well. The group is already infamous for their instability in line-up. Worse is only Next Shoujo Jiken :P Some girls were "scouted" by other groups (Koume, Akari), some had to (Arisa), some just left for whatever reason.
Important for us foreign fans though is the addition of Ayumi: She speaks perfect english, as her father is American (I guess), hence her kinda strange look.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2016, 03:40:50 PM »
A decent fan camera recording of a valentines live by Tokyo Rockets. Isn't it cold in Japan? Still can not decide, if I should favour Momoko or Miku...

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2016, 02:35:05 PM »

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2016, 03:28:47 PM »
Looks like they'll be upping a live video every day until 4/16 to promote their 4/17 live at Shinjuku BLAZE.

As much as I don't care for that venue, it seems like a major one for most groups to conquer on their way to bigger and better things. Capacity is about 800 but that doesn't account for cameras and guests/press and legit video cameras so maybe it'll take like 600-700 to sell out?

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2016, 03:32:40 PM »
Looks like they'll be upping a live video every day until 4/16 to promote their 4/17 live at Shinjuku BLAZE.
For a whole month? Woah. Cool.

edit: Second one. I have to say, the 5 member lineup works. They have a much better stage presence than when they were 3.

Kasabuta.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 03:35:32 PM by clem84 »

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2016, 04:38:34 PM »

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2016, 07:16:12 PM »
Dream On, Dreamers is a great song. Would have been the better A-Side.

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2016, 04:51:31 AM »
Loving their new song.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2016, 03:56:55 PM »
It's Nanase's 18'th birthday today so I'm guessing there is no stopping tsutomo now, LOL!

I saw them several times on my recent trip and I definitely got more into them, they are all really nice girls - when I saw the two old members walking around at TIF they looked like they didn't want to be there and now they seem very enthusiastic ;)

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2016, 04:19:21 PM »
Your definitely not too far off with that assumption about tsutomo :lol:

I also must say, that as a whole they became much more friendly and open, compared to their time as a Trio with Akari. Tokutenkai's have also changed a lot. Hard to tell, what the reason for the change in behaviour was - if the members attitude changed or if back then staff made more restrictions. Though I feel that haapy girls like Nanase and Ayumi helped a lot.
At TIF the timing was crucial. I can't blame the girls back then - Just few weeks after Akari's sudden departure and the future of the group still uncertain.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2016, 04:55:07 PM »
Not to mention that Akari made her full-time debut with GALETTe like a week after TIF. On top of that, she went and got a terrible haircut too! She looks like Kai from BELLRING still! At least Koume waited a few months before joining SUPERGiRLS, no?

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2016, 05:04:48 PM »
Hey, nothing against Kai  ;) At least she is the type for it. Akari though: I will never understand why she chose to change it. For the release of KASABUTA she looked perfect.

Koume was "before my time". But wasn't it already known to the members that she would leave for SUPER GIRLS? At least she left on good terms and is still friends with them.

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: No Regret Life - Melody