JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: AOA - Excuse Me

Author Topic: Official FOOTBALL Thread  (Read 246961 times)

Offline Tomo_e

Re: Official FOOTBALL Thread
« Reply #760 on: December 02, 2007, 11:42:38 AM »
EURO 2008 Drawings

Group A
Switzerland
Czech Republic
Portugal
Turkey

Group B
Austria
Croatia
Germany
Poland

Group C
Netherlands
Italy
Romania
France

Group D
Greece
Sweden
Spain
Russia

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #761 on: December 02, 2007, 12:13:23 PM »
EURO 2008 Drawings

Group C
Netherlands
Italy
Romania
France

I know France has to be able to beat every teams to be champion but what a f***ing group xD

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #762 on: December 02, 2007, 12:53:58 PM »
Jeez, group of death or what?! And congratulations to Kaka in winning the award for Europe's Footballer of the Year. Well earned. :bow:
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 01:03:26 PM by Tuffty »

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #763 on: December 04, 2007, 12:37:21 AM »
Haha.
[youtube=425,350]YE_mVzRTpus[/youtube]

Terrible mistake by both sides, but how can Anelka miss that. I like how the Liverpool crowd cheered like it was a goal.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #764 on: December 09, 2007, 06:54:35 PM »
Good weekend for us. Arsenal lost today as did other contenders including Liverpool & Man City. Shame that Chelsea won then, and I'm sure Shevchenko's earned his £100,000 a week with a goal against Sunderland. That brings the total up to what, double figures now? Oh not quite there yet? Ok :D

Rumours are abound that Ronaldinho is set to join Chelsea during the transfer window in Jan, especially now that Drogba is injured and will be out for the African Nations Cup which rules him out to Feb. But interestingly, sources close to him say that Ronaldinho much prefers the thought of joining Utd (who could blame him?) As Nike are the kit manufacturers for both Utd and Barca, I imagine they will be backing this move. If it goes ahead of course. Which I doubt. Besides, I'm not sure about it. He's not in the best of form this season and as with any foreign player, it takes time to adapt to the Premiership. What a signing it would be though :lol:

Offline ew0923

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #765 on: December 09, 2007, 07:24:59 PM »
Yep, definitely a good week for us. Pity Rooney hit the post though, it would have ease his frustrations and his amazing first touch deserves to end up with a goal.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #766 on: December 16, 2007, 06:26:43 PM »
Liverpool 0 - 1 Manchester Utd

Woo! :D Pretty uneventful game in all, but then it usually is between these two, as it was for the Arsenal v Chelsea game later. Oh well, 3 points does us nicely. 

Offline huggumwuggums

• さゆみのLOVEマシーン
  • Member+
  • Soo Young = My genie
« Reply #767 on: December 16, 2007, 06:31:13 PM »
^ I almost cried after the game ;_;

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #768 on: December 21, 2007, 11:55:24 AM »
Champions League Last 16 Draw

Celtic v Barcelona
Lyon v Manchester United
Schalke v Porto
Liverpool v Inter Milan
Roma v Real Madrid
Arsenal v AC Milan
Olympiakos v Chelsea
Fenerbahce v Sevilla

Not a bad pairing for us. Lyon probably will prove a challenge but regardless, I'm confident there's a good chance of us making it to the quarter finals. Shame about Liverpool and Arsenal though. :lol: Ouch, what great matches though. Chelsea as usual get they bye into the next stage :angry:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #769 on: January 01, 2008, 12:22:56 PM »
From today's edition of the Daily Mirror:

Real Madrid are willing to pay £45 mil for Ronaldo...Real's No.1 target had been AC Milan's Brazil star Kaka, but they believe they have a better chance of luring Ronaldo.

How about they just fuck off? If they will accept that AC don't want to sell Kaka, then why do they think they have a better chance of getting Ronaldo? We are not a selling club.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #770 on: January 05, 2008, 06:42:24 PM »
FA Cup 3rd Round Tie - Aston Villa 0 - 2 Manchester Utd

Pretty uneventful, but again Villa Park is fast becoming our stomping ground XD A lot of upsets for other Premiership clubs though! Everton, Blackburn, Birmingham, Wigan, Bolton, all put out by lower league clubs. And the respective English managers of those clubs wonder why they never got the call to be England manager. Might help if you don't underestimate clubs and put out weakened sides against them. :roll:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #771 on: January 13, 2008, 02:16:59 PM »
Manchester Utd 6 - 0 Newcastle

Best 2nd half performance from any club I've seen in ages! Ronaldo got the hat trick, Tevez scored 2 and worked really well and even Ferdinand was a commanding presence and highlighted to Cappello of his strengths, but my man of the match was Carrick. If he can take control of a game like he did last night, then we work wonders. Just look at the last time he gave that sort of performance, and it was against the 7-0 beating of Roma.

On the subject of Newcastle, what an absolute crazy club to be involved with. Why any manager would take on that poison chalice of a club is beyond me. When you think about it, this new manager will be brought in, merely weeks before the transfer window closes and into a team racked with injury problems. Thus I would expect performances to be lacking on the pitch and before the manager can build up a decent squad, the fans will call for his head on a platter. And talk about fan delusion. You just have to laugh when they mention Mourinho or Lippi as a possible appointment. Better yet the dream appointment is Alan Shearer! A man with no managerial experience whatsoever, and they expect he can right all their problems and become their messiah? That's 8 or so managers sacked or left now in the Premiership because of less than adequate results or on a bad run and in some cases only months into the job (Big Sam, Sanchez, Hutchings). It's out of order.

The Newcastle chairman should just appoint a manager and say to the fans, we've taken this guy on and he will not be leaving in no uncertain terms for a good 2-3 years as his contract states. He'll have time to build up a team that he wants and maybe then you can see results. It's this idea of getting a manager in and expecting results and all done in sexy football too. Newcastle fans say they want to be entertained during matches, but I guarantee if Sam stayed and won the Premiership with them, then they would simply not care how they went about it.

So Le Sulk's been to Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City and now Chelsea, making him the most expensive player ever at £85mil from all of his club transfers. Will be interesting to see how he fares at a bigger club than Bolton.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #772 on: February 16, 2008, 08:31:18 PM »
Manchester Utd 4 - 0 Arsenal

You know a side is playing badly when Fletcher can score 2 goals against you. :lol: Solid performance all round and without the likes of Ronaldo or Tevez. No doubt after our loss last week, Rooney is a key player. Oh and:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Offline ew0923

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #773 on: February 18, 2008, 03:23:08 AM »
Great game!
With all respects to Giggsy and Scholes who have been great servants, but we seem to move the ball quicker and play with more energy when they are out of the side. Carrick had a great game (actually he has been on fairly good form for a while now).

On a sidenote, any knew about a Brazilian that we just brought in? Rodrigo Possemon (or something similar). Just started a reserves game for us, and look very, very talented. He's like a combination of Anderson and Carrick (and the good bits from them too!)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #774 on: February 19, 2008, 12:28:12 AM »
Carrick does seem to be improving somewhat, not quite so many side passes as before now. And I kinda agree with Giggs and Scholes, but you simply can't deny their quality and experience. Anderson is really some player. Appraisal from all fans from every club, which is rare. I'm so excited to see him in the squad. They say his lack of goals prevent him from becoming a great, but that will come in time. As for Nani, people forget it's his first season here in the Premiership, and from what I remember, he's having a better first season than Ronaldo had, which can only be a good thing. I don't even know why people argue about Nani's showboating, and I think any professional that does is really out of touch with the fans. I understand Fergie saying it could make him lose possession in his own half, but if I was in a team 4-0 against our rivals, I'd do the same as Nani (well, make a fair attempt at it anyway...). Fans want to see skill with the ball, if the likes of Kaka had done it people would be falling over themselves to praise it.

Fuck me, how's this even possible? Another Premiership club drawn for the FA Cup! And Chelsea get lower league opposition, yet again! It's absolutely ridiculous, assuming it's a Utd v Chelsea final, one team will have played against top league opposition while the other will have coasted their way through to it. It's a disgrace.

Never heard of this new guy! Sound's amazing :o Only latest additions I have heard is the Brazilian equivalent of the Neville brothers, 19yr old twins, and both LB and RB.

Offline ew0923

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #775 on: February 20, 2008, 04:10:17 AM »
I just knew we were going to draw Portsmouth  XD I think it's starting to approach Lottery winning odds the way we keep drawing Premiership clubs in the FA cup (thank god we're at home). Anderson is an amazing player - I can't think of a stronger central midfielder in the league right now, let alone a 19 year old. Nani is another amazing, his set-piece delivery is already one of the best in the side (if not the best), especially from corners - I actually love the show-boating, it's a sign of confidence, I guess there's always people that love the old-fashioned rugby-type games (Especially if they are Boro or Fulham supporters) and 0-0 bruising draws instead of watching actually football.

Here's a video or our new talent I found on youtube, it's just a reserves game, but god he looks talented:

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #776 on: February 20, 2008, 10:42:59 PM »
jeez ...
OL 1  -  1 MU

I can't believe Lyon still use Fred ...
Benzema FTW :muffin:

and damn Nani/Tevez è_é

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
« Reply #777 on: February 21, 2008, 01:15:55 AM »
Shieeeet, good thing Utd got that goal, Tevez you beast! Fucking devestating coming out of an away match without scoring, it was a real relief. Will we see a Utd - Roma from last year on Old Trafford? Lol.

'N how about that header in the crossbar in the last second between Arsenal and Milan. Dang, in the crossbar. :D Can't get much closer.
[/url]

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #778 on: February 24, 2008, 07:34:51 AM »
Fuck, Eduardo is out for more than a season because of that ridiculous tackle by Martin Taylor. Hope he makes a good recovery.

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #779 on: February 24, 2008, 11:13:07 AM »
GRAPHIC!!!
[youtube=425,350]9vP1C3J_iU4[/youtube]

Dont think it was intentional though. The tackle looks harmless from afar.

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: AOA - Excuse Me