JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Drumkan - Alive In You

Author Topic: 3rd annual marimari memorial cup (2010/08/01 10:00 PM EST)  (Read 29051 times)

Offline Kanki

• Kanki-tastic
  • Member+
  • Ooh La-La!
Re: 3rd annual marimari memorial cup (2010/08/01 10:00 PM EST)
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2010, 06:25:16 AM »
Congrats! I havent played Pangya in forever~ I hope you guys had fuuun~

And also yaaay for donating to the make-a-wish foundation~!!! (I'm currently an intern there keke)

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2010, 07:44:46 AM »
Glad you guys had fun!!!
Sorry I mis-counted the hours and woke up an hour late D: but next year! for sure!!!!!

GJ Slack!!

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2010, 09:33:50 AM »
^ That was craaaazy tight. Slack's boobs came out on top of Amp's mini skirt  :nervous

lol that sounds so wrong.

But on a more serious note, this has been an honor as well as a rather humbling experience for me.
Thinking about our little tournament these last week really made me reflect on what an amazing place JPH!P is and the fact that even though I never knew marimari, it almost feels as if he was a close friend.
Though he was with us for such a tragically short period of time, he has left an indelible impression not only on those who knew him, but on JPH!P as a whole.

For the last five years, I've always thought about how remarkable it is that JPH!P has so little of the negativity, flaming, trolling, and drama that plagues so many other online communities.
Though I've never been able to really articulate why this is the case, I'll give it a shot.

First of all, JPH!P is such an amazing place because of people like marimari, who spread positivity and value the community we've got here.
JPH!P is an amazing place because of people like Dai, who push forward the sense that JPH!P is a worthwhile place to be and spread the memory of our friends marimari and Jabronisaur. 
JPH!P is an amazing place because of our history and the sense of community that remembering gives us.

But above all, JPH!P is an amazing place because of the respect for each other that seems to be such an integral part of who we are.

I have no doubt that if marimari could see the type of place JPH!P is now -- thousands of users with more registering daily, our expansion beyond just pervy discussions of idols into discussions of just about any topic you can imagine, and the dedication of our users -- that he would be really proud to call himself a member.
We owe it to him as well as ourselves to carry JPH!P into the future with the same kind of attitude we remember him for.

I suppose in the end, I just wanted to say,
"Thank you, Kyle Bouvier.  For your words, your actions, and your memory that have helped shape JPH!P into the awesome community that it is today.  This one's for you, man."
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2010, 10:40:04 AM »
^ That was beautiful Slack, JPH!P is really built like FAM the regular camaraderie among homies - everyone stays even keeled. We are extremely lucky to have homies like marimari and Jabronisaur grace our little site :JD:

And I would not trade any other members in the world. Guys like you Slack, Amp, and all the regular HiPstaz who just chill and hang, make :hipheart: such a unique place. THE BONDS BROTHER!! We support each 100% SO Be prepared for more stupid and crazy :hipheart: activities!

I know she's shy, but if you see marimari's lil sis KagoBon around, make sure to show her a good time :)

Congrats! I havent played Pangya in forever~ I hope you guys had fuuun~

And also yaaay for donating to the make-a-wish foundation~!!! (I'm currently an intern there keke)

You should come down in the IRC and play with us! You never know when we will be firing up a round. That's pretty awesome you're interning at Make A Wish, this charity was marimari Family's wish.

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2010, 03:09:06 AM »
congrats doctor Slack and cool you all enjoyed a good game, sadly i couldn't be there to own that last place because i miscalculated the hours... no problem i perv'd some Risa in marimari's name :cokecat:

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2010, 05:14:49 AM »
I've been trying to play once a day since the tournament, to see if I can win the free swimsuit from the event they got going on now XD

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2010, 08:32:22 AM »
haha, wonder if there's bikinis available. C'mon down to IRC Rei-chan and we'll throw down a round or two!! :rockon:

GJ Shura!! Usted es un hombre bueno.

Peep Slack's onepiece:
<Slack>

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Drumkan - Alive In You