JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Bloodthirsty Butchers - Happy End

Author Topic: meet-me (Japanese virtual world)  (Read 5614 times)

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
meet-me (Japanese virtual world)
« on: October 15, 2008, 10:50:41 PM »
Don't know why I make a thread for this but maybe someone is interested  :lol:

meet-me.jp is a Japanese scond-life like online world. Well not really like second life because
1. meet-me aims to rebuild Tokyo (currently) so a real world
2. you can't fly around, you have to either walk or use public transportation to get around.
3. as far as I know you can't just buy a piece of land and build a random house (see 1. for reason)

http://www.meet-me.jp/
you can register for free and download the client for free as well.
Though it seems like you would need to buy virtual money (points) to be able to buy something in the world.
I actually have this "game" for like half a year already but wasn't able to start the client just until 1 1/2 months ago (always had an error).
So far I logged in only once and found it to be empty, not as awesome looking as on screenshots and somewhat empty.
But I get at least one event notification email once a month so I guess there are also more crowded places I just didn't see yet.

The client is all Japanese so it might be difficult for some. According to wikipedia an English version is planned but seeing the Japanese version is still very new I guess it will take some time.

Screenshots:

I added text to some buttons to make it a little easier for other people to understand the basics (hopefully)
The blue house is where my apartment is located, it's near the Yoyogi park so I went to it and in the last screenshot you see the event space which is next to the park

edit: screenshots added~
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 01:18:32 AM by nachdenki »
ChrNo, I hope you are happy
Support your favorite group, buy CDs, DVDs and merch.
Then make your favorite happy and show off your support in the h!p collection thread
momochi tumblr | berikyuu tumblr

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
Re: meet-me (Japanese virtual world)
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 04:21:41 AM »
interesting. I might try it out XD

JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Bloodthirsty Butchers - Happy End