JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rururu - &

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls Thread  (Read 55961 times)

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
Re: The Elder Scrolls Thread
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2011, 05:14:35 AM »
It's so close... aaaggrrrggg They need to stop teasing with stuff and release the game early already! I watched a stream of someone playing for like 10 min and saw wonderful things... I don't know how I'm gonna be able to wait a week. ;_;

Here's another video.

Offline zoolander

• Member+
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2011, 03:55:37 AM »
Skyrim rap theme?

Offline paraspam

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2011, 01:49:58 PM »
Downloaded Skyrim this morning. It looks beautiful. :inlove:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2011, 11:39:41 PM »
And it is beautiful.

So I have Skyrim. You should too. Let me describe what I did in the space of 2hrs (this is after the tutorial part). I went to Riverwood and I crafted some stuff with the smith. Smithing looks definately more streamlined, I can see myself getting into it and forging my own weapons. Which means I have to go out and collect materials for it? (As if this game wasn't addictive enough). But then before I even went into an inn to maybe rest up and explore the town some more I stumbled into a conversation where a shop keeper said how thieves broke into his shop and stole an item. I said I'd get it back and off I went, resting be damned. What I didn't realise is that it would lead me through a dungeon that took me an hour to get through. It's the same dungeon you might have seen in the preview clips but it's just as involving. What was a simple attack on bandits escalated into battling undead warriors the deeper I was led into the cave. I won't spoil the rest but it was wonderful to explore. Collected some sweet loot, I have 3 enchanted weapons already.

When I emerged out of the dungeon, it was out overlooking a lake, the sun peaking through the clouds and the music kicked in. I just sat back, took it all in, and called it a night. That's 2 hours! With only one dungeon! One sidequest! I looked at the map and it's fucking enormous. Love it. Goodbye social life.

:lol: :lol:

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2011, 12:37:22 PM »
^ THAT'S HILARIOUS!!!

I've been wanting to check out one of the Elder Scrolls eventually, but I don't think my comp could handle both Lotro + one of these now. Let alone Skyrim LOL
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2011, 02:22:30 PM »
Speaking of hilarious, I only hope I do something quite as awesome as this in my playthrough :lol: :lol: :lol:

For those playing, what's gonna be your playstyle? What race did you choose? What's his/her name? I was struggling with a name until I put my own in a Game Of Thrones name generator. So my character is known as Timeon Waters. A name to strike fear into the hearts of men wouldn't you agree? XD I sorta want my guy to be a Jaime Lannister type character so I'm focusing on a melee driven, sword and shield combo kinda guy. Don't recall Jaime being able to summon fire out of his hands (maybe he does, I haven't read all the books yet XD) but I want to be able to do that for my character too, so kinda like a battlemage. Though I want to dabble in all skillsets so lockpicking, sneaking, smithing, I want to do it all! Also in the Jaime Lannister similarity, I chose the Imperial race and I didn't realise that one of that race's perks was to find more gold in chests and stuff :lol:

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2011, 08:40:16 PM »
I'm playing as a female Breton named Imogen. I've mostly been using spells. I was using fire and conjure, but recently I've replaced the conjure with a dagger and have been trying to get stealth kills.

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2011, 08:44:01 AM »
Playing a Nordic guy.

Never played Elder Scrolls (or really any of this type of quests) before, so had a hard time to get thru the first part :rofl:
I was looking for a way to cut my bound hands but instead first had to follow the guy to the keep where he cuts them loose. :doh:
Was somewaht frustrating if you have no idea how the games wants itself to be played, but I'm getting the hang of it.

Didn't die or get eaten or locked up the in the first part... time to stroll around.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2011, 10:53:25 AM »
Foook, why does this sound so interesting ;_; .

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2011, 05:26:51 AM »
I'm playing a female wood elf called Raine, that dual swords and loots everything. But always chooses the honourable option and never steals. just like every other rpg. :P
I haven't played any Elder Scrolls games, but since it's just Fallout 3 with swords+magic-pipboy I feel right at home.

Recently just switched my companion/follower. Most of the time, I was with that Unbroken woman from Whiterun. WTH, she had better armor than me...
Changed to a retired adventurer wife in someplace called Blackforge or somethingorother (it's in the east, and had a mine nearby). She reminded me of HG Wells in Warehouse 13, so I had to switch her in. :oops:

Anyways. Level 6 now, and started studying magic at the College of Winterhold. Cos I need to summon skeletons! XD

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2011, 06:08:58 AM »
I'm up to lvl 10 now and I've started enchanting a few items and making potions. I've made a few pretty handy ones already. I bought a house in Whiterun, but I can't furnish it. The guide said to talk to the ward, but he doens't have that option. Anyone know what to do?

Offline zoolander

• Member+
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2011, 06:36:05 AM »
Holy crap this game is amazing! o_o

I went with a female Nord (skyrim is the land of the Nords) named her Saga. I'm level 17 atm, been focusing on one handed, destruction, speech, conjuration. I would normally go lock picking but seeing as I can pick even the master locks at low level already I'm not too worried about prioritizing that just yet. I've been selling off all my extra gear and loot, make a ton of gold that way. I never did much of that in Oblivion due to being a Breton and having no strength to carry extra stuff.

At first I thought it was pretty dull after the intro and initial dungeon, but after stepping onto the plains on the way to Whiterun at night, seeing the majesty mountains looming over me, giant moon rising just behind, it took my breath away seriously. After dinking around at the pub in Whiterun and doing a quest for the companions (deciding not to turn into what they are just yet) and getting the sap from an ancient tree in a giant cave to make the tree in town grow I set out on a long journey to the College of Winterhold. Got chased by some giants and woolly mammoths on the way. At one point a fox started following me. :3

Joined the school when I got there and did some grunt work. Later on went to the Bard college festival and burned the king which was great. Found a sunken ship off the coast and got destroyed by some crazy powerful vampires. Did a crap load of other awesome stuff, don't want to spoil anything cool. But safe to say I hardly scratched the surface after 20 hours of playing.

Finally started the main quest now. Killed a dragon. Met the monks on the top of the mountain. The shouts are so much damn fun! I just have unrelenting force and whirlwind sprint so far. Also just bought a small house in Whiterun and organized all my gear and books on the shelfs. After beating the first dragon they gave me a servant that lives there. She keeps asking if she can come with me, watches me sleep and is just creepy in general. Anyway

The best part of the game though? THE ATMOSPHERIC MUSIC AND SOUNDS!!

« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 06:51:11 AM by zoolander »

Offline jackcole

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^^v
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2011, 10:22:59 AM »
THIS
IS
SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!1ONE!!!1

(Well actually he's a fucking Breton mage  :cool2:)
^v^

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2011, 06:52:30 AM »
So I did some of the story, got my first shout, did the first voice training on top of the moutain, killed my first random fly-by dragon. :)

On the other end, I went into a random lighthouse and found a dead body which started a side-quest to find the culprit under the cellar... Maybe I was under-leveled for it, it was all fun cos I died a lot in there.

But it also made me run into a bug. The dungeon had a few cliffs halfway that made it impossible to go backwards once you dropped down.
My follower dropped down the first one but didn't drop down the second one whatever I tried. After ~20mins of failed budging, I used the shout to slowly nudge the follower over the edge. YAY! but there was another ledge at the end... :banghead: another 20mins later, i got her over. Pretty big downer for what was a cool dungeon romp.
Really, save a lot. Don't regret.

So I'm now continuing on the voice quest and going top-left of the map.

http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20111116

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2011, 07:37:44 AM »
Went to a local GameStop and found they had the strategy guide

HOLY CRAP THIS THING IS MASSIVE
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2011, 08:10:58 AM »
It's a shame but I'm not keen on getting people to follow me right now, because of the bugs that could happen. I think Fallout 3 kinda burned me in that regard.

Random tip - Read any book you find. I found out last night that reading one could add a quest to your log. You don't even have to read the whole thing, just activate it. Also some books can give you an instant level up in one skill.

Offline jackcole

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^^v
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2011, 02:54:08 PM »
So I did some of the story, got my first shout, did the first voice training on top of the moutain, killed my first random fly-by dragon. :)

On the other end, I went into a random lighthouse and found a dead body which started a side-quest to find the culprit under the cellar... Maybe I was under-leveled for it, it was all fun cos I died a lot in there.

But it also made me run into a bug. The dungeon had a few cliffs halfway that made it impossible to go backwards once you dropped down.
My follower dropped down the first one but didn't drop down the second one whatever I tried. After ~20mins of failed budging, I used the shout to slowly nudge the follower over the edge. YAY! but there was another ledge at the end... :banghead: another 20mins later, i got her over. Pretty big downer for what was a cool dungeon romp.
Really, save a lot. Don't regret.

So I'm now continuing on the voice quest and going top-left of the map.

http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20111116

Funny story related to that comic: I use my unrelenting force shout whenever that happens. It's like I'm saying, MOVE, BITCH!!! :lol:
^v^

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2011, 04:16:25 PM »
Went to a local GameStop and found they had the strategy guide

HOLY CRAP THIS THING IS MASSIVE

That's a whole lot of strategy I'd say XD

To everyone playing: Keep posting your adventures!!!
I'm not going to play this monster (I'd never be able to finish it in this lifetime) but I love to read all your stories, so keep them coming!!!

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2011, 04:31:41 PM »
^ Request seconded!

Well, it was on sale on Steam so I got Oblivion :lol: GOT NO IDEA WHAT TO DO HAHA.

Oh yeah I'm a dark elf, ironically named Lumi (means snow in Finnish)
She's a spellsword because I wanted her to do magic, but I need to be able to rely on a blade as well because I panic when things run at me. LOL

I don't think I'll be stealing a lot of stuff. o-o
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 04:43:00 PM by shirenu »

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2011, 04:43:48 PM »
I've been playing with mostly destruction spells and the alchemy is going well, though I haven't done much stealthy stuff recently. I started going west on a quest I found in a random book and I came across a few camps with hostile people along the way. I found a nice town in the mountains. I don't like some of the people, but the Temple of Dibella sounds like something I could get into. Then I decided to finally go to the college of Winterhold (I kept getting distracted by other things), but I stopped at one cave that was really tough. After lots of dying I finally made it to the bottom only to decide that there was almost no way to kill the last enemies so I turned back and just marked it on the map.

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rururu - &