JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Brown Eyed Girls - Cleansing Cream

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls Thread  (Read 56380 times)

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: The Elder Scrolls Thread
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2011, 10:32:35 PM »
I re-rolled a Khajit, who is going to be the baddest dude to ever live in Tamriel. I'm not going for PUNCHCAT, though. Spent all of today sneaking around, picking locks, murdering everyone that I could. I need to beef up my "Stealth" and "Muffled Movement" skills. Keep having people wake up right as I'm stabbing them. Way too many of the NPCs go into that Doctor Who-regeneration mode shit, though. :catglare: Don't think I can play without a bow again, it's just too good. Still lacking in dragon attacks, sadly; only had one in the past 3 days of play. The intro to the Dark Brotherhood was pretty awesome :thumbup

Here's a handy skill point calculator: http://www.ign.com/builds/the-elder-scrolls-5-skyrim/create

edit: It's shit like this, Skyrim.

PS: fuck the stormcloaks

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2011, 03:50:05 PM »

Loving the Thieves Guild missions. They're all I've been doing today :thumbup

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2011, 01:32:58 AM »
Had this awesome moment happen to me today. I was fighting this Wispmother and realised it was way too strong for me, so I ran for it. Reached the edge of this cliff and stopped. I looked down to see it was a waterfall leading to a lake below and it was a long way down. But it wouldn't have taken much for me to get killed and the Wispmother was getting closer so I backed up, sprinted with whatever I had left and jumped for it. I fell a long way and crashed into the lake below. I swam up to the surface and pulled myself over the edge onto dry land. That Wispmother wasn't gonna follow me no more. Was one of those moments that feels scripted, but it really wasn't, and that made it more awesome to me :D

Offline paraspam

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2011, 03:16:37 PM »
Given up on my stealthy character and started a warrior.

That's one of my 100 deaths today. (I play on the hardest difficulty.)

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2011, 06:01:31 PM »

So I fired Lydia, and hired Kharjo. Khajiit or bust :rock: When I was at the Khajiit caravan, recruiting him, I realized there was a dragon about. Then I realized it was fighting a giant and bandits. Giant killed them all, I killed the giant. Good times.

Furiously training my archery and sneak. While on this quest for the Thieves Guild, I let my follower go open up combat with the guards, and then sneak if for the kill from behind. I love the special assassination animations. I'm level 20 now, and haven't even gone to see the Greybeards yet..

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2011, 06:12:04 PM »
^ LOL FOREVER AT THAT VIDEO OMG
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2011, 08:09:43 AM »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2011, 11:31:16 AM »
Need to level up some before going to visit the Greybeards. There's a Snow Sabre Cat on the path there and I can't get past it. So instead I was doing some random exploration yesterday, going into caves and dungeons. All well and good, nothing too spectacular. There was a period where I just roaming the countryside for a while with not much happening. I discovered this farm and went exploring there. But as I was talking to the owner, there was this huge shift in the music and I could see a red dot on the compass. So I exited the conversation and I just noticed this huge shadow pass over me followed by a blood curdling scream. Turns out it was a Blood Dragon. Then I heard something behind me, turned around and another Blood Dragon landed right behind me. Me and the guard in that farm did a fairly good job, but I couldn't do it. Was cool though, dragons swooping in low breathing fire on the farm. I guess Dragons don't like Nirnroots or Cabbages.

Funny thing was, going back there after I died, they didn't show up again. What a way to encounter random dragons for the first time.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2011, 12:42:57 PM »
So you got gang-dragon'd?!! :D Hope to have that happen someday.

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2011, 05:03:39 PM »
3 more weeks till I can join the party!

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2011, 02:31:38 PM »
Decided to finally fight a Dragon Priest, now that I'm pushing level 26. He's real easy to get to, near High Hrothgar, and you get the Throw Voice shout too. Bonus points for a dragon, and the thief perks on the mask. Battle was a little frustrating, because of his fireball staff, and the explosions blocking my view when aiming my bow. Good thing I've been working alchemy hard, barely took any damage.

I think I'll actually go see the Greybeards today. Can't wait to see how the dungeons are now, that I'm 20 levels higher from when I went in on my first character.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 04:15:22 PM by Amplifier »

Offline kanon

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2011, 12:13:07 AM »
so, everybody's telling me how good Skyrim is and I have been debating on playing it. I never got into Oblivion and into free-roaming world playing, but someone give me a big reason why I should play it and what I should start doing if I decide to play the game.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2011, 12:56:49 AM »
so, everybody's telling me how good Skyrim is and I have been debating on playing it. I never got into Oblivion and into free-roaming world playing, but someone give me a big reason why I should play it and what I should start doing if I decide to play the game.

It's not entirely fair to compare Skyrim to Oblivion (or Fallout 3/NV). The game world is so unbelievably massive and dynamic. There's a whole boatload of story going on. The AI is incredible, and really surprises all the time. There are hundreds of places to visit. There are hundreds and hundreds of quests to do. Everything has voice acting. The game is gorgeous. There's limitless ways to play through the game. I wasn't holding my breath for Skyrim, but I'm sold.

And, you fuckin get to fight dragons.

Check it: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_Wiki

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2011, 01:03:18 AM »
kanon: I will say that if you didn't like the way Oblivion gave you that free roaming world playing, then Skyrim isn't all that different in structure. In fact it's probably bigger. But it is more interesting than Oblivion's world, there is more stuff to do and it all feels different from each other that you want to see it all. And I guess that's part of the appeal to Skyrim, in that it's so massive, so huge with so much content that you feel like your own playthrough is unique. Hopefully our stories that we mentioned in this thread will give you an indication of different experiences we've been through, and yet none of them are tied to the main story.

To put it simply, I think the appeal of Skyrim is this. You can be exactly the type of character you want to be, where every decision is yours and yours alone and you do it all in a beautifully realised fantasy world that will give you hours upon hours of content. When you think about it, isn't that the essence of what a RPG should be?

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2011, 03:58:38 AM »
Hi kanon~

Just to note. I thought the game was called Skrim till the day it came out. :roll:

I remember downloading the Oblivion demo but not liking it at all, so I never bought that game.
I later played a lot of Fallout 3, so that is probably why I'm more used to the playstyle of their games now.

I think the biggest thing you'll decide is if you'll get the PS3/XBOX or the PC version.
Course, pc is cool with all the nice mods. But you will also need to be sure your PC can play the game.

And you will need to think if you'd like playing it with keyboard/mouse or controller. I've switched to controller for a few days and found the loose controls have made me more lazy and careless.
Playing with k/m is a little tiring, but the controls are more precise. So I might switch back after a few more days.

Or you could just hear what the developers think is cool about skyrim:

Offline kanon

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #75 on: November 29, 2011, 04:51:26 AM »
I got into Fallout more into Oblivion more because it just had a better story and all to me. I tried playing Oblivion once, but it just never seemed good to me. I was thinking Skyrim would be the same thing, but at the same time, it looks really good and seeing some of the stuff you can do is just as good.

I might get it tomorrow and check it out(of course, playing on PS3 is gonna severely drain my HD more than I have already). So for the people who have played, what do I start on first?

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #76 on: November 29, 2011, 07:57:35 AM »
^First off, an update just came out (28th for PS3, coming Wed for xbox/pc).
So be prepared to have your PS3 online to download that, cos it has a fix for the ps3 lagging problem.

The first quest will get you to the first city, after that you can just do whatever you want in main/side-questing.
Or do what I did when I first started. Forget about the quests and just explore the nearest places around the city to mark them on your map. :)

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2011, 12:46:33 PM »
just when I was thinking "hey... I've sure made a long trail of half-naked bodies behind me"... :)

http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20111130/

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2011, 12:58:28 PM »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2011, 06:42:06 PM »
Quick note, avoid downloading the latest patch if you can. There have been widespread reports that patch v1.2 has broken resistances, so no matter what enchanted gear, race bonuses or perks you have, your character will take full damage.

Ok Skyrim just got weird. But awesome. For those playing the game, I suggest not reading so you don't spoil the surprise but for everyone else.......my current companion is a talking dog. He's given me a quest to reunite him with his former owner, the Daedric Lord of Wishes. Also got into the Companion's guild after a quest. Was this poignant moment, the inner circle initiating me, going through the verses and I was listening to it all, when this courier interrupted and was plugging a museum I should visit in Dawnstar. What the fuck dude? Can't you see I'm in the middle of something?!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 10:22:34 PM by Tuffty »

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Brown Eyed Girls - Cleansing Cream