JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hinouchi Emi - Hey Boy

Author Topic: [07/02-07/05] Morning Musume @ Anime Expo (Schedule/Who's Down P.1)  (Read 292324 times)

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
@daigong & Fen
I was there for the first year they did the reserved tickets. (The infamous year of '07 @LB) It turns out there was an excess of reserved tickets to they started handing them out for free. (I got 8th row for Ishikawa Chiaki's show that way) They were also handing out Anna Tsuchiya tickets as compensation for the people who stood in line for hours and were not informed of SOS's autograph schedule change.

I'm pretty sure they won't actually run out of reserved tickets, but that's hard to say with MM, though I could just be worrying too much. I'm gonna get some issues resolved and questions answered before I reg. Better safe than sorry. XD

I may be getting an exhibitor's badge, but I don't know if I can line up for the reserved concert tickets before I get my badge, so when I have that question answered, that will determine whether I go for a general attendee's badge or exhibitor's badge. Anyone have experience with exhibitor's badge and tickets?

@tenkei - I think the only way we can all sit together (with reserved tickets) is to line up together and let them know at the window to group us. I'm personally planning to camp the ticket line for hours on Day Zero. I'm already thinking about how to work things out more efficiently with the badge + ticket lines...involving the entire group. I'm a little paranoid about posting up what I have planned on the board, perhaps I'll stop by and dump some of my input into chat for you guys.

Lol@ AX reg.

EDIT: FYI. The pre-registration system is now up and running.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 12:04:11 AM by rev2hd »

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
^ WERD em up!

WOW. sounds like mad chaos but I'm down for some lining up...that's the Asian in YOU! speaking. Good call Dinny! Hit us up at IRC :D Your NEXT step to Delurking XD

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
I just did a test run for reg, so for those of you who were wonder how to get the reserved tickets, it's all one big thing in the registration process.

There are 16 steps on the reg system, step 16 is where you get your tickets. Seems like there's another concert on Thursday that's TBD for who it is.

Quote from: daigong
WOW. sounds like mad chaos but I'm down for some lining up...that's the Asian in YOU! speaking. Good call Dinny! Hit us up at IRC  Your NEXT step to Delurking

Hahaha, MAYBE it's the Asian in ME, or maybe I'm just a very patient person with a sense of urgency to get shit done. ;)
Aww man, I lurk because I'm SHY. :-[

Offline ichijoujirena

• ecchi
  • Member+
Datalanche asked on their FAQ thread about the lining up thing. You have to get your badge before you can line up for tickets.

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
yeah, just clicked through the reg too (didnt actually reg) and saw the premium ticket stuff.

the momusu concert is going to be 12:30-3:00 on Friday the 3rd

ill try to get my shit next week

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline lemonmilktea

• Member+
  • H!P/JPH!P/Rolling Stones Fan!
Are we supposed to print out the confirmation. What happens at level 16?
The Original Teddy Girl Pin-Up Princess says:
"USO!"

Thank you Kawaii-beam for the Av!

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
Are we supposed to print out the confirmation. What happens at level 16?

Yes, you need to print out the confirmation and present it when you go to AX to pick up your badge (and ticket).

The step where you click to add a ticket is actually step 12. I couldn't find the link immediately myself, so here's a screen shot to help you guys out:

That will bring to you the page (step 16 it says at the top) where you select which ticket you want:

I'm not sure if I can actually pay for my shit today, thanks to my mom accidentally cutting up my new card last night askdjfal;skd (see Frustration Thread).

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
I'll probably register in a few months. :P

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
i would register..but i got a bad feeling something will be on there that I can't do..i'm scared to death about it(even though I shouldn't be) :sweatdrop:

Offline Flyp

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 12th gen supporter
Kick ass, I'll be registering in about 24 hours when my paycheck comes in. I must admit, I'm pretty damn excited about this for several reasons.  Besides seeing MM in person, I'll be going back to my native SoCal, meeting all my great JPHiPster friends (for a second time for some of y'all), and witnessing the zoo that A-X must be.  I can only imagine how crazy it is there, compared to the next-biggest anime con I've been to, A-Kon, which has only about 2/3 the attendance of A-X.

I propose a massive JPHiP In-n-Out exodus.  God, I could really go for a Double-Double right now.

Side Note:  I still have one hurdle to clear before I buy my airfare, and that's getting the days off work.  It's usually not an issue, but seeing as it falls on a major holiday, one that's a big day for my industry, it complicates matters.   That and they haven't put the July page up on the request-off calendar.  *fingers crossed*
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 07:59:24 PM by Flyp »

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
^ Hope you get the days off! And In-n-out exodus sounds good.

i would register..but i got a bad feeling something will be on there that I can't do..i'm scared to death about it(even though I shouldn't be) :sweatdrop:

:lol: as long as you have a way to pay for crap on the internet, should be a breeze. Don't worry about it. But I hope you have travel and hotel stuff straightened out already, cause you don't want to register and then find out you can't even get here. That should be first priority, registration could wait till the day of the con.

Offline meowchi

• still listening to Viyuden
  • ecchi
  • Member+
So to summarize, we pay for badges an tix online- but to determine where the actual seating is at, it depends on the line on day zero?

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
^Affirmative.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Quick question; Would "Day Zero" be July 1st?
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
^^ Yes. Day zero = July 1st

It's only to pick up your badges and tickets. 4-8pm if I remember correctly.

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
I doubled checked the times for badge pick up, not sure if the ticket booth will open at the exact same time. Straight from the FAQ on the AX Forum:

Quote from: JoeyT
When can I pick up my badge at Anime Expo 2009?

Wednesday, July 1st (Pre-Registered Only): 3 PM - 8 PM
Thursday, July 2nd: 9 AM - 8 PM
Friday, July 3rd: 9 AM - 8 PM
Saturday, July 4th: 9 AM - 6 PM
Sunday, July 5th: 9 AM - 2 PM

Offline DHG

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • That was an Unknown Unknown
So does getting a ticket to AX even guarantee you a ticket to the concert? How's this gonna work? I just want to make sure I'm definitely gonna see them since I'm flying across the country for this.

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
^Registering for AX automatically gives you the chance to pick up a free concert voucher.
It's free because: 1.) You have to line up to pick it up on a specific day during the convention. 2.) Where you are in line at the concert determines how good of a seat you get. 3.) You are competing with a LARGE crowd. This can get you into the show, but you'll have to line up for hours to get good seats.

BUT, if you pre-register AND buy a reserved concert ticket for $20, you only need to line up once during the convention (after you line up to get your badge) to pick up that ticket. Where you sit in the concert is determined by how early you pick up this ticket because it'll assign you a seat. So if someone's in your seat, you know you can tell them, "MINE, GTFO...please :heart:"

First couple people in line to get a reserved ticket = really fucking good seats for the show.

A way you can get a free reserved ticket is by staying in AX's hotel block. But free or not, you still need to line up to pick up your ticket. (You need to have already picked up your badge and have confirmation with you.)

So if you want to be guaranteed to see them, I'd reccommend to get a reserved concert ticket at the time you pre-register for the con. If you have any other questions, they have posted Ticketing and Registration FAQs at the forum.

Ticketing: http://forums.anime-expo.org/index.php?showtopic=10073
Registration: http://forums.anime-expo.org/index.php?showtopic=10427

Hope this helps. :D
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 09:59:34 AM by rev2hd »

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
well, me and mom talked for a while about this and it's now becoming a good bet that i'm going now.. :)

okay, someone may want to bring me up to speed about the hotels around the convention..I heard about the Mayfair, which most of the guys will be, but I like to find the cheapest one around, but not too far from you guys. not sure if i can pick up the tickets that ealry, but if they're not sold out, it really wouldn't matter where i sat(hopefully not too far from them)

wonder if it really would be a huge crowd up there..and if LA people are fans of momusu?(silly questions)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
^ CONGRATS dude. Tell her that you're gonna be part of

SHIT!! I haven't registered. Pretty XXXtensive. I'm a do it this weekend, popped off for No Doubt tix so pls, splurge for me is over! Who knows if the Mayfair is an affiliated hotel.

GREAT!! We should get a list of who's coming when and what time and we'll meet at the Mayfair and wave our Lakers 2009 World Champion Foam Fingers ERRRRRRRRR JPH!P T-shirts.

Hellz yeah In and Out, I missed it last time. Btw Flyp and others, I moved the Planning and DISCUSS After Hour Activities into the HiP Joint, you can't miss em :P
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?board=78.0

I'm being very serious, I wanna see everyone represented. Stop waiting, you have to take action! Time sure flew by with HANGRY & ANGRY in Seattle. BOOM gonna  go next mth wtf. :shocked

Committee
========

-Fen and Ten heading up the Welcoming Bandwagon, so they be questions asked. Plus rev2hd and Data doing a dope job in this thread.
-boykun and Ping, Jab, who else is on the T-shirt design.
-Daisu and Tris be scoping the floors with they swag!

It be best if we meet on the regular (Weekends, Wednesdays) at #cali_or_die at the usual JPH!P chatroom server Spacetronix.

daigong will do official pot stirring talk with AX crew, etc. kinda shit. :pimp:

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hinouchi Emi - Hey Boy