JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sakamoto Maaya - Park Amsterdam (The Whole Story)

Author Topic: Same Ground Part 5.3 (End of Mayu's Flashback) (semi-hiatus)  (Read 31469 times)

Offline Rinca

• Birdwatcher
  • Member+
  • I shall return. But I'll sleep for now.
    • Rinca00
Re: Same Ground Part 5 Here it Comes!
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2014, 05:01:18 PM »
Heavy work load plus deleting and editing several drafts = 1 boring update

Sorry for the wait guys, for some reasons, Mayuyu's past may take 3 chapters in total to finish. I know it may sound so boring, I'll get back to MaYuki's scene once I figured out what cause Erepyon's passing =.=

Please throw something at me after you have realized how boring this update is =.=

Part 5.1

Three months had passed since then.

With days passing by, Jurina and I noticed how close Erena and Yokoyama-san had become. We still do our daily routine, but she is spending more time with the newcomer than me which literally make my blood boils.

“Nee Mayu-chan, why are you not doing anything? At this rate you might lose to Yokoyama-san” Jurina asked me with a concern look.
“I don’t have an idea on what are you talking about Juju.” I told her.
“Being a tsundere doesn’t suit you so please stop acting like one! Mou, I don’t know what do to with you anymore. Just don’t come crying to me one day because I’ll just hit you.” she just then sigh and went outside the classroom. I bet she’ll be hunting some cute girls again.

I just ignored what Jurina told me and just continued watching over my best friend. Somehow, I really want to tell her what I feel, but I’ve just decided to keep quiet and simply observe on what will happen.

“Yo Erepyon, let’s go home” I told Erena after the class was dismissed.
“Gomen Mayuyu, I promised Yui-han to help her study for the exams.” she apologized and looks at Yokoyama’s direction.

I couldn’t help but raise my eyebrows on what she has just said. Since when did Erena become so good with her studies? The last time I checked, she almost failed Math and English making all of my efforts helping her go to waste.

I also looked at Yokoyama’s direction, the latter notice that Erena was looking at her and smiled. Then I looked back at Erena, she lowered her head but I didn’t miss seeing her face starting to show hints of redness.

Somehow, jealousy is starting to get through me. I clenched my fist and tried to keep my cool.

“I see, have fun with you new best friend then. See you tomorrow.” I told her with a sarcastic tone.

Erena was about to say something but I immediately wore my hoodie up and walk away from that place. I really suck at this. I know that it was my choice to observe and not do anything, but somehow I can’t stop these feelings of frustration, anger and jealousy.

“Hey Mayu-chan, do you want to-“ Jurina was not able to finish her sentence as I just passed by her. Seeing me walk at full speed while wearing my hoodie up and has both earphones on, she was smart enough to figure out that something happened.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
It was a warm but relaxing day. This kind of atmosphere makes me feel so drowsy. With my hands crossed behind my head, my eyes are slowly becoming heavy.

“What do we have here? It is the start if the 3rd semester but it seems that sleeping beauty is waiting for her prince to kiss her~~”.

I opened my eyes and saw Jurina’s face with her cat like smile plastered on it.

“Yo!” I greeted her and flicked her forehead.
“ITTAI! You don’t need to do that you know” she complained as I try to go back to sleep.

“Skipping classes again?”

I just nodded.

“I didn’t know that you can become so, rebellious. Love is really complicated, huh?” she continued.
“I can’t believe hearing that from a player like you” I told her with annoyance.

Jurina then sat down on my right.

“Seeing you like this wants me to beat the hell out of Yokoyama. But come to think of it, it was your own fault anyway not saying anything. I already warned you didn’t I?”
“Hai, Okaa-san”
“I’m being serious you know?”
“I am too.” As I finally let my drowsiness takes over.

====================
If I can remember correctly, news about Erena and Yokoyama being official became a hot topic during the start of the 2nd semester. I know I should be happy for Erena, but seeing them together plus the fact that their relationship escalated too quickly kills me. I should be the one by her side and not that newcomer. I distance myself from her and started skipping classes to save myself from further heartache. I even ask my mom to makes excuses to make her not come in to my room anymore. What a drama right?

Since she is my FRIEND since childhood, Erena figured that something was wrong but could not pin point what it is. She tried to confront me, but I always find a way to get out of any more awkward situations with her.
====================

As I open my eyes, the previously blue-colored sky was already replaced by an orange one. I looked at my watch and saw that it was already 5 PM sharp. That stupid Jurina, she didn’t even wake me up.
I’ve decided to go back to our classroom to get my things and head back home.

As I enter our classroom, I didn’t expect to see Erena sitting on my chair as she is watching the sunset. That scene was priceless, seeing how beautiful she had become over the years.

“I didn’t expect to see you still here. Waiting for your girlfriend finishes her club activities?” I asked startling her.
“Mou Mayuyu, don’t scare me like that!” she said.
“I ask Yui-han to go ahead without me. As a matter of fact, I’m waiting for you to come back here and get your things.” She continued.
“What for?” I asked again.
“Do I need valid reasons to walk back home with my best friend?” she said while using her greatest weapon; puppy eyes.

I just sighed and accepted defeat which made Erena rejoice. She grabbed her things on her desk and made her way out of the room with me following her. I admit, I kind of miss this.

T here was nothing but total silence and awkwardness as we walk back home. Wanting to break the ice, Erena tried to tell some failed jokes which intensified the awkward atmosphere more. But having the “my pace” attitude she finally asked the questions that was bugging her the whole time.

“Ne Mayuyu, why are you becoming so distant to me all of the sudden? Was it because of last time?” she asked.
“No.” I told her.

Erena sigh in relief.
“It is my way of saving myself from heart ache.” I continued.
“Eeh?” she said and stopped walking.
“Mayuyu, don’t tell me that you are inlove with my Yui-han?” she asked

I stopped walking and glared at her.

“Don’t you dare say that name” I answered with anger.

Erena was surprised to see me reacting like that. To be honest, this is her first time seeing me on that state. I turned around and walk back to her direction and stopped right in front of her.

“Listen, I’ll only tell you this once.” I told her
“I don’t care anything about Yokoyama. I’m sorry, Erena, but I’ve fallen in love with you for as long as I can remember. So if you really care about me, for what is causing my heartache, please stay away from me.”  I continued.

Seeing her dumbfounded, I left her on that state. As I walked away from her, I heard her shouted;

“Mayuyu no BAKA!”

Then she ran away and passed through me.

She’s right. I am indeed a baka am I?

« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 06:18:13 AM by Rinca »

Lame Story ahead!

A Certain Love Story of a Cyborg Girl | Same Ground(Hiatus) | The Last Stand (On-Going)

Offline kazutoryu

• Oshiri ω
  • Member+
  • Mayuki & Kojiyuu ROCK!!
Re: Same Ground Part 5.1 Update
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2014, 05:20:28 PM »
Wow now I really wonder what happen to Erena..
Thank you for the update  :cow:

Offline Kirozoro

• Member+
  • WMatsui, Atsumina, Mayuki couple forever!!
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2014, 06:15:12 PM »
Omg Mayu confess

Y is Erena run away?!

Update soon

Offline Rinca

• Birdwatcher
  • Member+
    • Rinca00
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2014, 12:08:17 AM »
Omg Mayu confess

Y is Erena run away?!

Update soon

Let's all find out together! :)

Lame Story ahead!

A Certain Love Story of a Cyborg Girl | Same Ground(Hiatus) | The Last Stand (On-Going)

Offline Tupi

• Okay, first, please call me Tuu! Hmmm well, I'm a silent reader and yeah sorry for my bad English! m(_ _)m
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2014, 03:56:31 AM »
Eh what happened??  :shocked
I want to know more!!!  :twothumbs

Offline mizuratpro95

• ecchi
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2014, 05:46:26 AM »
I want to know what happend next :OMG:
wait your new update :on GJ:

Offline Rinca

• Birdwatcher
  • Member+
    • Rinca00
Re: Same Ground Part 5.2 Update
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2014, 03:47:40 PM »
Sorry for this late and boring update again.  :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop: :( :(

Work Load was seriously packed and we are expect to have more.  :bleed eyes: :bleed eyes:

I'll try to make it up to you guys once that my schedule is not that tight anymore

special thanks to @gek geki for sending me a PM to update ~
Chapter 5.2

Our already awkward situation became worse. Since that confession incident, it seems that Erena is avoiding me now. Way to go genius.

Should I feel any remorse for this? I guess not. Maybe this is the right decision for both of us. I should just accept that she and Yokoyama are a good match.

I just sighed.

Goodbye my best friend.
Goodbye my first love.

=====
RING!
RING!
RING!
RING!

With one final attack, I was able to shut off the last stupid alarm clock. I lazily stood up from my bed. Having a very bad bed hair, bed marks and all, I looked at my calendar to confirm what day it is.

Right, today is the beginning of the new school year. Our senior year.

(Getting sick of the fast forward events? Please blame author-san for this, she told me that she is having a hard time on her work so she decided to speed things up).

Wearing the familiar seifuku uniform, I went on my way to school. I was wondering on what she’s been doing.   

“Good morning genius!” someone shouted.
Honestly, I don’t need to look on any direction to know that the ever so annoying puppy like friend of ours just greeted me.
“Hi there!” giving her a high five.
“By the way, it seems that Shinoda-sensei used her sadistic behavior again to force the whole faculty staff to put us all in the same class.” Jurina said.
“Only foolish people won’t know that she doesn’t want to memorize different names again. How stupid.” I told her.
“You got it right and it also means that we’re in the same class with the most popular couple in school” she continued.
“. . . . . “

I just kept quiet and gave her a glare, but instead of being scared, Jurina just smiled.

We went ahead to our classroom and waited for homeroom to start. Somehow, I saw Yokoyama-san entered the classroom as well, but there are no signs of Erena. This is odd, I looked at Yokoyama with a questioned face. Seeing me do that, she gave me a hand gesture that Erena is not with her then she bowed down like she was apologizing.

Somehow, it made me feel uneasy, but I decided to just ignore her absence and brought my attention to Shinoda-sensei who just entered the classroom.

But as a few more days passed, there are still no signs of Erena. This is now making me worry. I never change my e-email address nor my cellphone number, but ever since the confession incident, she never contacted me.

Having no other choice, I walk to where Yokoyama is seating after our last class was finished.

“Hey there” I greeted her while giving her a quick hand salute.
She looked at me and gave a quick bow.
“I guess you already know why I am here?” I asked her.
“Hai.”
“Okay, so where is she?”
“Gomenasai, but she asked me not to tell you her whereabouts”
“Why is that?”
“She doesn’t want to make you worry”
“But she is now making me worry” I answered while raising my right eyebrow.
“I understand your point, but please be patient. She also told me that once she is ready, she will be the one to tell you why.” She said and then excused herself to attend club activities.

Seeing that Erena is not answering my mails and calls, I just followed what Yokoyama told me. I waited even though it is almost killing me.

Two weeks later, Yokoyama-san approached me and said to meet her after school.
“She said that she wanted to see you.”
========

To be honest, I never expected (nor dream) for this moment to come. How do you expect me to walk with my “rival” where I don’t have the slightest idea where we are going?

As she is walking a few good meters ahead, I can’t help myself but to keep glaring at her (even though she has a *ahem sexy back.)

“Ano, Watanabe-san, I know that you hate me coz you think I stole Erena. But glaring at me like that won’t do anything” she said making me raising my eyebrow again.

Tsk, does this girl have psychic powers or something?

“By the way, we’re here now” she continued.

Seeing the tall white building in front of us gave me a not so good omen. What in the hell is happening here? In all places where we can meet Erepyon, why does it have to be in a hospital?

We entered the building and went straight to the eighth floor. Yokoyama then stopped walking.

“She is in the last room in the left. I’ll wait for you here.” She said.
“You don’t need to be jealous because your girlfriend asked her best friend to see her.” I told her with a sarcastic voice.
“She broke up with me in the start of the 3rd semester. Now go, she’s waiting for you. I’ll stay here and then we can talk about it” she replied.

Her last statement bothered me. But knowing that Erena is waiting, I went straight to her room.

Now for the moment of truth. I knocked on the wooden door. After hearing a faint “come in” I opened it and saw my beloved best friend lying in the hospital bed while watching the sunset.

She is still beautiful, but now observing her state, it makes me want to run towards her and cry.  She became thinner, everyone knows that she has a pale skin, but not as pale as this one. It is like color was drained from her. Only stupid people would ask why. But I can understand what is happening.

My Erepyon is sick.

Fully aware of my presence, she looked at my direction.
“It’s been a while” she said
“Hai” I just nodded.

After a minute of silence, I decided not to hold myself back. I obviously threw myself to her and hugged her tight. She hugged me back as she also started to cry.

“Stop crying you big crybaby, they might think I made you cry” I said
“But . . y-you j-just d-did BAKA!”
“Remember that my IQ is 180 so don’t call me BAKA!”

I’ve released myself from the hug, and pressed my forehead with Erena’s.

“But perhaps you’re right. I’m indeed a baka for not telling you the truth.”
“I missed you Mayuyu”
“I missed you too”

“And I Love You” we said in unison.
==========

“Thank God those two finally decided to be honest” the puppy looking girl said
“Matsui-san, you know that eavesdropping is quite a bad habit right?”
“Call me Jurina. But are you okay with this kind of setup Yokoyama-san? I mean she’s your girl friend after all”
“She was. Besides, seeing her happy is already my happiness.”
“Such a martyr”
“You can say that”
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 04:21:18 PM by Rinca »

Lame Story ahead!

Offline Kirozoro

• Member+
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2014, 03:54:32 PM »
Uwah...they finally become a couple

Poor Yui

Update soon

Offline Rinca

• Birdwatcher
  • Member+
    • Rinca00
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2014, 03:58:35 PM »
Uwah...they finally become a couple

Poor Yui

Update soon

I literally broke my own heart for hurting Yui since she is also my oshimen =.=  :smhid :( :banghead:

Lame Story ahead!

Offline chotei_sha

• I own a ship and its name is MaYuki :)
  • MaYuki forever ♥
Re: Same Ground Part 5.2 Finally updated!
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2014, 06:14:32 AM »
YAYYYY THANKS FOR TAKING TIME TO UPDATE! Busy in the PI huh? Gawin ang iyong pinakamahusay na!  :cow: hope your work schedule becomes less hectic  :panic: and then I can read more of your stories wahahaha   :rofl:

Offline Rinca

• Birdwatcher
  • Member+
    • Rinca00
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2014, 06:28:35 AM »
YAYYYY THANKS FOR TAKING TIME TO UPDATE! Busy in the PI huh? Gawin ang iyong pinakamahusay na!  :cow: hope your work schedule becomes less hectic  :panic: and then I can read more of your stories wahahaha   :rofl:

I do hope so. . .

But I'll update from time to time. I'll feel being haunted by myself if I left things unfinished.  :thumbsup

Lame Story ahead!

Offline chotei_sha

• I own a ship and its name is MaYuki :)
  • MaYuki forever ♥
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2014, 07:10:23 AM »
It's okay we understand if its hard to update cuz of your workload! Just update when you can  :cathappy: we won't hunt you down  :catglare: or will we??  :nervous just kidding! (Salamat sa iyo para sa reply na ito) :cow:

Offline MayuxMatsuixMusic

• mayuyu oshi <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • oshiri~~!!!
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2014, 11:23:45 AM »
baka mayu XD XD

i also came to love mayuerena :wub:

but i love mayuki more :P

update :bow: :bow:
mayuyu and rena is <3

mayuki and mayurena is my fav <3

Offline PenduLum

• Yoroshiku~ :3
  • Hi~ Im Newbie Here So Please Teach Me More About:)
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2014, 12:16:55 PM »
MayuErena~  :heart:    :heart:   :heart:
Thanks For The Update~  :cow:

Offline Rinca

• Birdwatcher
  • Member+
    • Rinca00
Same Ground Part 5.3 (End of Mayu's Flashback)
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2014, 04:44:51 PM »
So here it is, end of Mayu's flash back, we can now go back and see what will happen to Mayuki  :panic: :panic: :panic:

Kill me if you guys are not satisfied.

Part 5.3

“The doctors cannot give any definite answers. They said that the disease is too rare and there is no known cure for it. They gave her a month more to live.” Yui-san explained.

We are now on our way back home.  As much as I want to stay at Erena’s side, the head nurse won’t allow me. They said we need to follow visiting hours. Darn rules.

“She knew all about it but she didn’t mind informing me.” I replied with a bitter tone.
“I’m sorry.”
“For what?”
“For getting in the picture and falling in love with Erena.”
“. . . . “
“When I first confessed to her, she said that she is already in love with someone else. I already had the idea that it was you. But I still didn’t give up. I was really happy when she finally agreed to go out with me, but in the end, the only person she can think of is you.”

Hearing these things from Yui-san makes me feel not only stupid but a jerk as well.  I didn’t expect that because of me acting like a coward would hurt not only Erena but her as well. This person is amazing; she made such a sacrifice even though it will hurt her a lot. For that, I am starting to respect her.

“So as what I’m saying Watanabe-san, please make Erena’s remaining days happy. Don’t dare making her cry or else I would show you how scary people from Kyoto are.”  She told me with a threatening face.
“You don’t need to threaten me. I’ll make sure that I’ll make up for those months that I’m not on her side.” I replied.

“And thank you for taking care of her while I’m away sulking in the dark” I continued earning a pat on the head from her.

====================
 I don’t have any more time to play around. Erena’s condition became worst overtime. Her medications were given to her via injection, seeing her and those life support equipments connected to her hurts me a lot. But I told myself to be strong for Erena or else she’ll worry.

“Nee Mayuyu, if I’m gone, please don’t stop yourself from loving someone else.”
“What are you saying? You’re still alive and yet you’re telling me already to look for someone else?”
“That’s not what I’m trying to say BAKA!” she said.
“I will be thankful if you can remember me from time to time. But I don’t want you to close this *points on my heart, from the others. I want you to find your happiness even if I’m gone.” She continued.

I took her hand and kissed it then held it tightly.
“I’m sorry, for being a coward. If only I told you that I really love you from the start, we should have spent a lot more time doing lovey dovey stuff “ I told her

I can’t help myself but smile when I saw her blushing like crazy.

“Mayuyu no Hentai!” then she hit my head softly.

Then Erena caressed my face and I just look at her lovingly.

“Thank you for everything Mayu, thank you for being my best friend, for loving me, for spending my final days with me. I just have one final request.”
“Anything for my princess”
“Kiss me.”
“If I kiss you that will mean having an indirect kiss with Yokoyama”
“We never got to that point.”
“Eeh?”
“What’s with that expression? I want Mayu to give me my first and maybe my last kiss. But it is fine if you don’t want to, maybe I’ll just haunt you fore--- hmmpff”

Not waiting for her sentence to finish and being careful as well, I shut her up by kissing her. Erena’s eyes widened for the sudden action but became relaxed as the kiss lasted for a few minutes. I released myself from the kiss when I felt that oxygen ran out from my system.

“Thank you Mayuyu, I can now rest in peace” she said while our foreheads are pressing each other.
==========

Sept 27, 2010.

A few days after that scene, Erena passed away.

Now looking on the stone marker, I want to remember only the happiest memories that we have together.
Goodbye my First Love and Thank you.
Until we meet again.
==========

Back to the present time

“She’s such a beauty but she has a cold demeanor. ”
I end up spending my time telling Erena about Yuki as if like she will reply to all on what I am saying.
“But you don’t need to be jealous; you still hold this special place in my heart.” I teased her.
“Well then, it is time for me to leave, I’ll come here some other time.  I miss you a lot“.

I was about to walk away from my position when I saw two people walking close on where I am standing. I immediately recognize the first one, it was Yokoyama-san. I bet that the girl with a salty expression is her girl friend.

“It looks like someone here also found her happiness.” I told myself.
I greeted the couple before taking my leave.

Thinking of seeing Kashiwagi Yuki again tomorrow made me smile and made me look like a baka.

Lame Story ahead!

Offline gek geki

• 松井玲奈 松井玲奈 松井玲奈 松井玲奈
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 松井玲奈 looooooooooooooove~
Re: Same Ground Part 5.3 (End of Mayu's Flashback) Update
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2014, 02:45:58 AM »
YES! MAYUKI MAYUKI TIME!!!

Offline Kirozoro

• Member+
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2014, 04:13:16 AM »
Why so sad in Mayu pass

Anyways...Mayuki time!!!

Update soon

Offline Rinca

• Birdwatcher
  • Member+
    • Rinca00
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2014, 06:49:35 AM »
YES! MAYUKI MAYUKI TIME!!!
yes,

it's MaYuki time!

time to give myself another headache  :banghead:

Lame Story ahead!

Offline kenjoy12

• Oshiri Lover ω
  • Member+
  • Quite a silent reader. ^^;
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2014, 11:03:43 AM »
Poor you Rinca-san full of workloads! (Buhay estudyante nga nman :nervous:)

Do your best! :fap And i'll do my best also! :fap

Oooooohhh~ I see! Wow, Yuihan is really nice. And she met a certain girl with salty-expression! :wub:

Can't wait what Mayu will do to make Yuki to open up her heart. :twothumbs

Thanks for your update and hard work. :kneelbow:

Offline Rinca

• Birdwatcher
  • Member+
    • Rinca00
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2014, 06:17:25 AM »
Poor you Rinca-san full of workloads! (Buhay estudyante nga nman :nervous:)

Do your best! :fap And i'll do my best also! :fap

Oooooohhh~ I see! Wow, Yuihan is really nice. And she met a certain girl with salty-expression! :wub:

Can't wait what Mayu will do to make Yuki to open up her heart. :twothumbs

Thanks for your update and hard work. :kneelbow:

I'm no longer a student, but I want to become one again XD

It sucks being a working young adult, but yeah, good luckk to both of us then XD :twothumbs :thumbup

Lame Story ahead!

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sakamoto Maaya - Park Amsterdam (The Whole Story)