JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Young Won Han Sarang - Fine Killing Liberty

Author Topic: The Tokyo Idol Festival 2014 Thread  (Read 22676 times)

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
Re: The Tokyo Idol Festival 2014 Thread
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2014, 03:33:44 AM »
another addition to the lineup (the eighth announcement?): pla2me. former BiS member Saki and Mari, who will soon stop her activities as Izukoneko, are forming this new idol duo. at TIF they'll make their debut.

ok, NOW I need to find a way to go see this festival  :lol:

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2014, 11:44:41 AM »
tsutomo, you need to decide already :P

Why is it so quiet here anyway? Noone wants to go there anymore?

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2014, 03:49:04 AM »
the proper eighth announcement is out: now bringing the number to 131 groups, they added five more groups including DEMPA GUMI.INC:cow:

is Dempa Gumi the "big surprise name" of 2014? I hope not. one more announcement to finish the lineup and I still hope to see at least SKE.  :P

oh I was in doubt about the Info Center... they added the info in the site. it's really just a talk show stage, so seven places with shows this year.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2014, 05:16:43 PM »
Now 133 groups. Announced were:

ミスiD2013-2015
HKT48

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2014, 07:31:26 PM »
 :thumbdown: the surprise name is ONCE AGAIN hkt48?!?! no love for nmb48? dammit, what could be worse than this???

r: the daily schedule.  :angry:

first day only: hkt48. SIR, dancing dolls, nananon, fudanjuku, etc.

second day only: ayumikurikamaki, GEM, denpa gumi.inc, tokyo cheer2 party, passpo, lovendor, etc.

bye people, I'm heading to the Rainbow bridge. I'll jump off in a few minutes.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2014, 08:50:54 PM »
You are critical indeed :roll:

I have to choose between:

Day 1
Important: Idoling, Up Up, Weather Girls, Shizukaze&kizuna, Starmarie, Dorothy Little Happy, Party Rockets, Predia, Babyraids, Bellring Shoujo Heart
Maybes: 3min, TSUKITOTAIYOU, Tokyo Girls' Style, Hime Carat, Maria, Yumemiru Adolescence, LINKS, LinQ, Ready to Kiss, Victory, Idol College, Afilia, Caramel, SO.ON project

Day 2
Important: Idoling, Up Up, Shizukaze&kizuna, Dempagumi, Dorothy Little Happy, Party Rockets, Passpo, Palet, Predia, Babyraids, Bellring Shoujo Heart, LoVendoЯ
Maybes: Idol College, Afilia, AYUMIKURIKAMAKI, ALICEINALICE, 3min, Starmarie, TSUKITOTAIYOU, SO.ON project, Tokyo Girls' Style, Hime Carat, Maria, Yumemiru Adolescence, LINKS, LinQ, Ready to Kiss

I see a lot of overlaps already :O

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
The Tokyo Idol Festival 2014 Thread
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2014, 03:33:48 PM »
S/mileage added.

Also the first time table.

I just realized, that my iPhone can not display neither the map nor the time table :shock:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 04:18:19 PM by wattstax »

Offline qwiksXnd

• Member+
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2014, 05:23:36 AM »
Because I'm a nerd I spent the past two days planning my TIF schedule:

It was already mentioned that they are using "Shintairiku Stadium" as the main stage, which is part of Fuji TV's summer festival "Odaiba New World." I watched SUPER GiRLS on that stage at Mezamashi Live in 2012, and I think the venue is decent (it's an open hanger, but it's covered). It would have been great as a mid-size stage, especially if it was paired with Zepp DiverCity, which is literally just a few minutes away. Here's a photo of the New World area from the Fuji TV facebook page which shows the main stage (the photo tsutomo posted on the previous page was last year's stage, but they reverted back to the original stage this year) It's the red and white structure on the right:

If you look closely you can see blue benches lined up inside the venue. They used those same benches in 2012 and they significantly reduce the stage's capacity. While there is additional viewing beyond the covered area (in the photo you can see multiple square pens that are fenced off), unfortunately if you are watching from there you'd be in the sun and the view wouldn't be that great. I read somewhere that the capacity is 2,000 (or at least that is how many tickets they make available for the concerts there).

Coincidentally I'm going to Mezamashi Live on 8.1 with SUPER GiRLS/Cheeky Parade/GEM so I'll be able to check out the main stage the day before.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 10:39:45 PM by qwiksXnd »

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2014, 02:10:23 PM »
you are going only sunday? so you won't meet with us, qwiksXnd???  :cry:

well, if THIS is the setting they'll be using as the main stage, with benches and all...  :thumbdown: I want my Zepp back.  :angry:

Offline qwiksXnd

• Member+
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2014, 04:56:32 AM »
I'm going both days. I shared my schedule for day 1 and 2 ^^ (although I've changed day 1 since then).

My schedule might be a little weird, but I really need to see Narumi Takiguchi, READY TO KISS, and at least one of the Street-sei groups, so it kind of forces me into organizing it a certain way.

Maybe we can have a meet up at the GLITTER8 stage (when they illuminate the Fuji TV building). Seems like it could be cool, unless you've already seen it and think it's lame. Just assuming you are going to be there for Afilia Saga. I'm open to anything, although either before or after Day 1 starts/ends would probably be preferred, since it won't interfere with the idol stuff we all have planned. So actually... the GLITTER8 idea may not work out. How about the Gundam statue at 6AM... or midnight? :P

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2014, 09:35:07 AM »
oh I clicked and saw only the day 2 schedule, my bad. me and wattstax will talk about it later but I guess we could all meet up before the festival starts and split to see the stages, regroup when seeing the same stuff and all. regarding day 1, I'm surely with you in the s/mileage, afilia saga and predia stages. probably will see mai kotone and nananon too. I'll make a schedule like yours when I get some time. and don't worry about our meeting, I'm a brazilian barbarian but wattstax is an educated german, so he can protect you (I expect).  ;)

will there be someone else up to meet with us??? manifest here, we don't bite! (well, not at first sight at least)

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2014, 03:02:00 PM »
Sorry, can't help with planning as my iPhone won't let me view the shedule you posted in a readable way...
BUT I want to go absolutely and need to go to some events/merchandize - Predia, Ayumikurikamaki, Passpo, Baby Raids.
Otherwise Ready to Kiss is on my list too. There are quite a few groups I like to see as well but not necessarily. And as I don't know the area yet, plans are quite futile right now for me.
I agree with tsutomo: Let's meet up in the morning (still need to exchange my ticket for wristband) and compare schedules.

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2014, 03:11:46 PM »
wow you just reminded me I didn`t buy my ticket yet  :lol:

yay! let`s meet at the morning, get drunk together and harass some idols all day!  :twothumbs

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2014, 03:47:11 PM »
Sorry, but I don't want to risk being expelled like you :P

Offline qwiksXnd

• Member+
« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2014, 01:45:43 AM »
Brazil and Germany. Reminds me of a certain World Cup match I watched while in Rome XD

They start handing out wristbands at 8, so that is when I'll be there. And then I'll check out if there is any queue at Smile Garden.

http://passpogasm.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/tif2014-d1-x1.jpg
http://passpogasm.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/tif2014-d2-x1.jpg
Probably my final schedule, should be iphone compatible.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2014, 11:30:26 AM »
First thing: Your plan looks great design wise. I only have a excel list :( And as the official site still fails to make a list, that is smart phone compatible, I have to live with it.
I uploaded it. Don't know if it is readable though. The names in the coloured column are my schedule. Minor changes only when I find out that a group doesn't suit me or if I can't be at the venue because of time mismanagement :D

I probably will be there at 8, too. The Idol Koushien the day before shouldn't be that exhausting. You want to go to Smile Garden because of S/Mileage? I probably take a first look at Grand Market / Greeting Square, as there seems no schedule online. Ready to Kiss would be my first performance that day. So a lot of time.

Otherwise similiar schedules are but a few:
Day 1:
Only Hot Stage - TGS and Babyraids
Festival Stage - Predia

Day 2:
Hot Stage - Shizukaze Kizuna, Passpo, Dempagumi
Festival Stage - Predia
Enjoy Stadium - Ready to Kiss
Smile Garden - Passpo, TGS, Jamboree

Rant: So much correlations or too less time to change the venue. Damn.

Btw, there should be a TIF planning App :D

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2014, 03:47:03 PM »
what is the meaning of the colors? you used 4 different colors to show which one is more essential or something, right?

I think I`ll get the schedule made by qwiksXnd and edit it with my time table cuz, you know, I`m too lazy.  :P

edit: done! here you go, the most good looking schedule ever.  :lol:

http://imgur.com/JozIFFt

lots of free time to see whatever shit is closer to me at that moment.  :roll:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 04:59:31 PM by tsutomo »

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2014, 01:59:02 AM »
Nah, the colour thing was more or less a way for me to differentiate better between the time blocks of groups. Sorry about that.
Really, your time table is empty. I like your plan in that regard. Let's see how mine fits in the end.

Offline qwiksXnd

• Member+
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2014, 07:44:07 AM »
In case it helps, I made a timetable with just the groups we included in our own schedules. You could then save the image, open it in photoshop, circle the groups you want to see, and save it on your phone. Just keep in mind the time it would take to walk from one stage to another... unless you have magic teleportation powers.
http://passpogasm.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/day-1.jpg
http://passpogasm.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/day-2.jpg

Wattstax, I was analyzing your schedule and I noticed a fatal flaw... you're not seeing GEM. Perhaps this informative and well-made video will change your mind:

I'm jk, stick with your plan, but as a hardcore GEM fan I feel it is my duty to recruit new fans.

About Smile Garden, my plan is to head there first because I have no idea how hardcore S/mileage fans are. I'm not *technically* a fan, but I definitely would like to see them. If the stage is empty, I was going to quickly return to my hotel which is a 5 minute walk and put my passport back in my room (evidently we'll need our passports when we pick up our wristbands), and then head back. I honestly don't think there will be many people waiting at the Navi Stage for READY TO KISS. Even after S/milelage's set is over, there would still be 30 minutes until that stage opens.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 08:49:06 AM by qwiksXnd »

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2014, 02:35:11 AM »
Wow, nice work.

Still the thing with GEM: They always interfere with other groups I want to see. Their first show will be right before Passpo on Sky Stage, so no way there. The second time it is close to Bellring. Third time would be doable as they perform right before Predia, who I want to see.
BUT regarding flaws: I don't see Ayumikurikamaki in your own plan. Oh oh oh... :P

I talked with tsutomo already. He won't be able to go there for 8 am, probably more at 10. So any ideas for a meeting? I was thinking about meeting for lunch somewhere, but I don't know the venues. And it seems, our only matching schedule would be Predia, at 21.30 :P

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Young Won Han Sarang - Fine Killing Liberty