JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ladies` Code - Chaconne

Author Topic: What Really Happened To Her  (Read 23240 times)

Offline OTN1

• ecchi
  • Member+
What Really Happened To Her
« on: October 24, 2007, 12:23:31 PM »
Silly avatar, silly story.  A continuation is possible, but for now, just this:

What Really Happened To Her

"Kazunoko!  Kazunoko!!!"

A dishevelled mess of black and blue rubber and white mesh ran through the hallway as if in a panic.  A full head of long, black hair blew chaotically in the wind created by the speed of the running figure.

"Kazunoko!!!  I know you're there!"

The frantic girl stopped at a door and started pounding on it with her fist.

"Open up!  Kazunokooo!  Open up!  I've come to take you home!"

The yelling had attracted the attention of the various other occupants of that floor, and heads were poking out of doors and from around corners to see what was going on.  When they caught sight of the scene, none of them understood, but they knew that whatever was about to happen, it was going to be highly entertaining... and quite possibly painful to watch.

"What's all that noise?  I'm changing!" an angry voice rumbled from the depths of the room, and the door swung open, revealing a hastily-thrown-together Miki, one sock on her foot and one still held in her hand, her shirt on backwards, and her belt buckle undone.

She took one step back to allow the door room to swing inwards and was surprised by being pushed back two more steps into her room.  A fishing net was thrown over her head, and she fell onto the ground with a cry.

"I knew you were here, Kazunoko!"

Livid, Miki tore at the net and pulled it away from her face, squirming out of it and standing up to face an Ogawa Makoto who looked like she was about to go fishing along the coast of Russia in the winter.

"Ogawa!  What in the f-"

"No excuses!" Makoto cried in a comically low and gruff voice.  "You're coming back to Hokkaido with me and getting married to a proper fisherman!"

There was a pause of disbelief as the words sunk in.  Miki's mouth remained open like that of a stupid fish, and she held the net in her hands loosely.  One slight tug would have easily removed it from her grasp.

"Pardon?" she asked in a sensible, calm, and even polite tone.

It never hurt to learn what your fellow human being was talking about in order to try and reach some understanding and avoid labelling him or her as clinically insane.

"I didn't give you permission to come to Tokyo and get a job!  Papa's come here all the way from Hokkaido to bring you and your sisters home!!"

Then again, listening further to talk like that, it didn't seem to Miki a hasty conclusion.  Makoto was insane.  Either that or she was taking a joke too far.  It had been so long since they'd been made to act as crazy Hokkaido-born country bumpkins for their weekly television show skits.  Miki had put that period of her life behind her.  Apparently Makoto hadn't, and she was anouncing that to the entire building in her loud voice.

"Stop playing around.  I'm really not in the mood," Miki sighed.

She was busy.  She had things to do, people to see, segments to film.

"Playing?  I'm not playing!" Makoto said, launching into another tirade about the happiness inherent in the state of being married.

Miki blinked a few times and realised that the ranting girl was dead serious.

"Did you get hit in the head?  You're not my father.  You're not even from Hokkaido!"

"Don't you take that tone with me, young lady!" Makoto bellowed, grabbing the net again, spreading it out in her arms and then bear-hugging Miki in order to capture her again.

"What-" Miki started, but she was silenced by a giant plastic fish falling out of the net and smashing into her face.

Makoto pushed Miki, who was now moaning in pain, out the door and started to drag her down the hallway.

"Yaren soran soran soran soran soran!  Hai hai!" Makoto sang and then whipped around to look behind her.  "Who replied?!"

She saw nobody and then turned back in the direction she was walking.

"Ah, guess it was me," she said, looking a bit confused and then tightening her grip on Miki.

"Mako-chan," came a quiet voice.

Makoto made no sign of having heard.

"Mako-chan," the voice repeated.

Makoto kept going, dragging Miki like Tarzan would Jane.

"Mako-chan!"

Takahashi Ai, her clothes also looking hastily thrown on, grabbed Makoto's shoulder to pull her back.  In response, Makoto screamed and jumped back, letting go of Miki and falling down to the ground in a ridiculous crouch.

"Don't touch me!"

Ai look taken aback and she stared at Makoto, who was making strange, jerky movements to express her aversion to being touched.

"What the hell's gotten into you, Ogawa?!" Miki burst out, finally having recovered enough to become angry again.

She stood up beside Ai and stared Makoto down.

"Why are you saying you're her dad and that you've come to take her back to Hokkaido?" Ai asked, gesturing to Miki.

Makoto jumped up to her feet and back a metre away from the two girls.

"How did you know that?!" she screeched in shock.

Miki and Ai exchanged glances.

"Did you feed her anything strange this morning?" Miki asked.

Ai shook her head.

"Is she on medication?"

Another shake of the head.

"Did she bump her head?"

A shrug.

"Do you speak?"

Ai blushed and then nodded.

"Yes," she confirmed softly.

"Never mind!" Makoto yelled, hefting the net up and over Miki again.  "Come with me!"

Miki was ready for her this time.  She wrestled the net off and deftly turned it on Makoto, wrapping the nutty girl in it.

"Ogawa Makoto.  Snap out of it!" Miki yelled, slapping Makoto hard on the cheek.

Gasps and other pained intakes of breath could be heard coming from the various other Hello Project members who had gathered around to watch the strange scene.  All was deathly silent as Makoto's closed eyes fluttered open.

"Fuji... Fujimoto-san?" she asked, looking into the face of her senior, who was holding her captive in a fishing net in the middle of the hallway.  "What's going on?"

Miki let go of Makoto warily and untangled the net, throwing it to the ground and taking a step back.

"What's your name?" Miki demanded.

Makoto, trying to brush her hair with her fingers, stopped and looked at Miki with a bewildered expression.

"Why am I wearing a rubber fishing suit?"

Miki sighed.

"Your name?"

"Ogawa Makoto," came the reply.

"Your occupation?"

"Entertainer."

"Your sex?"

"Female," Makoto replied with a frown.

"Do you have any daughters?"

"Fujimoto-san, why are you asking me all this?" a flustered Makoto shot back finally.

Miki rolled her eyes.

"You've got issues, Mako-chan," she said, and she stalked off back to her room, slamming the door behind her.

Ai, being the kindred spirit that she was, walked up to Makoto and put her arm around the confused girl's shoulders.

"I'm not sure why," she began, "but you captured Fujimoto-san in a net and..."

She tried her best to explain.

The day ended with an irritated Miki, a talked-out Ai, a bewildered Makoto, an entertained floor of Hello Project members, and no explanation as to what had possessed Makoto to revert to her old skit character.

A week later, Makoto announced her intention to resign from Morning Musume.  Her public reason was that she wished to study abroad.  The reason she gave to producer Tsunku was that she felt she needed a break from the mentally trying job of script memorisation and the constant state of having cameras trained on her.  Nobody - especially not those who had been present on the fifth floor of the studio building a week prior - questioned her actions, and Makoto slipped out of Morning Musume with little flare.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 04:26:41 PM by OTN1 »

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
Re: What Really Happened To Her
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 12:37:36 PM »
Crazy stuff man!  XD XD XD

But poor Mako-chan  :lol:

"Do you speak?"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

A continuation? Yes please! :yep:

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline shindoushiz

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • よっし!仕事へa go!まだ無いけど、しくしく
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 02:49:54 PM »
So that was what was going on, I thought they were doing the skit but Mako-chan didn't have her wig.  Rather than her losing it, I thought she was sleep walking like Miki does. So all this happened on the 5th floor eh?  :rofl:  Aww...I feel sorry for Mako at the end. :cry:  Usually people expect Mako to act all wacky like that so she has an outlet. I bet if Yoshizawa senpai was there, she would play along.  All for her own amusement of course. XD  Thanks for the story!

元気で行こう!
小川麻琴Dance Dance Suru no da!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 07:06:41 PM »
Crazy Mako-chan was great, but the ending was kinda sad. :(

"Yaren soran soran soran soran soran!  Hai hai!" Makoto sang and then whipped around to look behind her.
GOLD!!! :on lol:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 07:08:42 PM »
-dies of laughter nine times and blows up hell-

So you really DID write this, huh? xDDDDDDDD

I SOOOOO look forward to the rest! <3

Offline Sancho

• 8LayerIceCreamVendor
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 10:18:43 PM »
Crazy...... but entertaining.   XD XD XD..   Two thumbs up!!!!!!  :lol: :lol:

Offline Kei-Br

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kissing You Oh~ My Love
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 03:55:01 AM »
GREAT!!!!!!!!  LOL

i really hope u'll continue that xD

Offline OTN1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 02:32:34 PM »
Really?  You like?  Thank you!  I didn't think I'd have the inspiration or the time today, but this slipped out.  Re-watching my DVDs is fun.

How Gossip Starts

A sunny day.  A bright blue sky.  A few solid white, fluffy clouds.  Temperature in the mid-twenties.  Flowers fragrant.  The clean smell of fresh earth recently refreshed by rain showers that had passed through the previous night.

It was the kind of day that put everyone in a good mood.  No frowns could be seen.  Tears were few.  Even Fujimoto Miki was in a delightfully perky mood.  She walked down the street, her face set in a half smile and her mind wandering.  She thought about the beautiful weather and her wonderful luck not having to go into work until the afternoon.  She thought of how she'd lazed around in bed until half past ten before getting up.  She thought about the delicious lunch box she'd bought from the supermarket.  She thought of her exciting evening plans - a dinner party at her friend's house - and her double luck of having no work the next day.

Yes, life was good.  At that moment as she walked down the street, Miki felt real, true love.  Love for her family, her friends, her co-workers, the supermarket staff, the assembly line workers at the bento box factory, and even the next door neighbour's noisy dog that had not barked a single time last night.  Nothing could put her in a bad mood.  Nothing.  Not even the miserable-looking Ishikawa Rika that appeared in her field of vision when she walked in through the front doors of the studio building.

Rika was sitting at the edge of a couch, her hands folded neatly on her lap, her head down, eyes trained on the floor.  She looked absolutely pitiful, her eyes drooping with grief, her eyebrows clenched together in pain.

Normally, Miki would have recognised this as a sign that Rika was sad and that she should be left alone.  Miki liked to be left alone when she was sad.  It was only natural for her to assume that everyone was the same.

But on this fine day, Miki was in such a good mood that she stopped and really thought about it.  She may have wanted solitude in a time of sadness, but Rika may have had a reason for choosing to sit in a public place with such a long face.  She wanted attention.  She wanted comfort.  Miki knew then that she'd better help the poor girl.  It was a crime to be gloomy on such a gorgeous, perfect day.

And so she changed her course.  Instead of going directly to her dressing room, she went over to the couch and sat beside the moping girl.

"Rika-chan?" she asked.  "What's wrong?"

She wasn't particularly close to Rika, but she wasn't a total stranger.  They were, after all, the same age, and they had chatted several times since Miki had joined Morning Musume.

Rika looked up slowly, her eyes seeming simultaneously vacuous and full of sadness.

"Humans are..." she paused, "... sad creatures, don't you think?"

"Huh?" Miki asked, cocking her head to the side in surprise.

Where had she heard this before?

"Humans are such sad things," Rika repeated.

"Why do you say that?" Miki asked, ignoring the strangely familiar feeling she was getting.

"This morning when I woke up..." Rika trailed off dramatically, "... I realised I'd forgotten to hang my washed clothes to dry and they were all damp and musty smelling in the morning!"

Miki almost fell down.  What a strange thing to get sad about.

"That's not a big deal," she said thoughtfully.  "You shouldn't be sad about it."

"No!  It's terrible!  It's terrible when it happens to you!" Rika cried

She turned away from Miki and quite obviously applied eye drops to her eyes and cheeks.  Miki frowned as Rika then whipped back around with an exaggerated sob, eye drops rolling down her cheeks.

"It's too sad!!"

She began to weep.  Miki was still trying to connect the dots in her head and piece together where she'd seen a scene like this before.

"I don't get you," Miki finally sighed.  "I don't think wet laundry's such a bad thing.  I just don't understand."

Rika stopped crying for a second and looked around the room as though expecting someone to pop up.  Miki followed Rika's gaze and saw nobody and nothing of interest.  Rika seemed a little put off by this.

"He's not coming today," she sighed under her breath.

"Who?" Miki asked, confused.

Who was Rika talking about?  Who was "he"?

Rika sighed.

"I can't go to work.  I'm going home."

She stood up to leave.  Miki jumped up quickly.

"But you've got to go to work," she declared.

Rika shook her head adamantly.

"No, I can't.  I'm going home."

"You can't.  You've got to go to work."

"No."

"Yes!"

"No!"

"YES!"

"NO!!"

Suddenly angry at this spoiled girl, Miki grabbed Rika's arm and flung her to the ground.

"You freaking coward!"

Rika hit the ground and looked up at Miki in pain.

Just then, the three other new sixth generation members walked into the building.  They paused in fear.

Kamei Eri, Tanaka Reina, and Michishige Sayumi looked at Miki standing with an angry expression on her face and then at Rika, who was looking like a poor, tortured mouse on the ground.  They drew their conclusions.  They quickly shuffled into the elevator in fear.  Fujimoto-senpai was a lot scarier than they'd thought.

Rika and Miki, however, didn't notice.  They were wrapped up in their own world.

"You think wet laundry is such a bad thing?!" Miki yelled. "Well, there are worse things that could happen!"

Rika watched as Miki assumed a heroic air, hands on her hips and her stance that of an inspirational speaker.

"You can always re-wash your clothes, hang them to dry, or find something else in your wardrobe to wear.  At least you have clothes!  At least you have a home and the ability to do laundry!  Everyone's life isn't so easy.  You should be grateful for the things you have!  I always dye my clothes crazy colours in the wash, but I pull through, Ishikawa.  I pull through!"

Slowly, Rika's look changed from tortured to hopeful.

"So don't give up, Rika-chan.  Don't give up!  Come to work and then go home to re-do your laundry!  You can do it!"

Rika sprung up from the ground.

"I've got it, Miki-chan!" she cheered.  "Rika will do her best!"

She cheered and gave Miki a hug.  Miki, caught in the moment, hugged Rika back, and they giggled like silly girls until Miki realised what was going on.  She took a step back and fixed Rika with a serious, slightly scary look.

"Um, I'm going to go now."

Rika nodded blankly.

Miki remained standing there.

"Um."

"Nice weather today," Rika noted.

"Yeah."

Awkward silence.

"Bye."

Miki walked away.

Somewhere on the fifth floor, three sixth generation Morning Musume members gossiped about scary Fujimoto-senpai and poor Ishikawa-senpai.

And this is how the rumour of Rika and Miki being mortal enemies started.

The End.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 03:49:48 PM »
OSHIT THAT WAS SO AWESOME!!! XD :rofl:

"You think wet laundry is such a bad thing?!" Miki yelled. "Well, there are worse things that could happen!"

Rika watched as Miki assumed a heroic air, hands on her hips and her stance that of an inspirational speaker.
Rika = :mon waterworks:

Miki = :cool1:

"I've got it, Miki-chan!" she cheered.  "Rika will do her best!"

She cheered and gave Miki a hug.  Miki, caught in the moment, hugged Rika back, and they giggled like silly girls until Miki realised what was going on.  She took a step back and fixed Rika with a serious, slightly scary look.

"Um, I'm going to go now."

Rika nodded blankly.

Miki remained standing there.

"Um."

"Nice weather today," Rika noted.

"Yeah."

Awkward silence.

"Bye."

Miki walked away.
:on lol: :on lol: :on lol:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 03:52:20 PM by JFC »

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline chokkan 2

• ecchi
  • Leader ~~~~~~
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2007, 04:25:07 PM »
LOL XD     

Rika stopped crying for a second and looked around the room as though expecting someone to pop up.  Miki followed Rika's gaze and saw nobody and nothing of interest.  Rika seemed a little put off by this.

"He's not coming today," she sighed under her breath.

yeah, where the hell is he ??  XD

damn, I miss H!M

Offline shindoushiz

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • よっし!仕事へa go!まだ無いけど、しくしく
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2007, 05:00:47 PM »
I really love that segment with Ishikawa.  Great way of lifting your fighting spirit.  And where is Fumimaro-sama? Maki looks so cool playing guys. :heart: 8) Miki did her good deed for the day. ;)  Even if she's now labelled as an abuser.

元気で行こう!
小川麻琴Dance Dance Suru no da!

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2007, 07:08:58 PM »
-Falls over laughing again-

Rika's emoness is like, the best part for me in H!M skits xD!

Speaking of which.

I wonder which of Yossie's roles you're going to put her in? xD

I also wonder if Miki herself will fall into one of her roles xD (CoughMikipidgeoncough) xD

Offline g4rfield

• Yocchan is my chan~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I belong to a religion called Yossy-ism
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2007, 01:07:34 AM »
 :rofl: :rofl:  You GOTTA continue this!! Chapter 1 was funny as hell but I never thought you're gonna make another one. You proved me wrong...again...so....go make another chapter while I exercise my stomach muscle with this chapter!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 04:52:21 AM by g4rfield »

Offline Kei-Br

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kissing You Oh~ My Love
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2007, 01:44:02 AM »
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome!!!  :otomerika:

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2007, 03:51:41 AM »
Ningen tte... kanashii nee?

Can't what to see what might pop up next!
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline Sancho

• 8LayerIceCreamVendor
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2007, 04:38:39 PM »
What was that all about?  Hahahahaaha :lol: :lol:

Well... What do you expect from our lovely spoiled Rika  :lol:   
Poor Miki. if only they knew what happen  XD XD

Offline Amarghetta

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • The likeness of a human
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2007, 02:06:11 AM »
I'm not very familiar with all the skits, but I did get the second fic.  ;)
I was almost expecting Maki to show up, too.  :lol:

Offline OTN1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2007, 04:30:22 AM »
And where is Fumimaro-sama?
I was almost expecting Maki to show up, too.  :lol:
Haha, sorry.  He was staring into a mirror all day and missed his cue.

I also wonder if Miki herself will fall into one of her roles xD (CoughMikipidgeoncough) xD
Hah, but I can't stand the pigeon.

A new story coming soon!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 04:31:19 AM by OTN1 »

Offline OTN1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2007, 05:00:42 AM »
The Case of the Missing Makeup Case

Wednesday, May thirty-first.  It was cloudy but warm in Tokyo.  I was sitting at my desk working on some papers when I suddenly felt something.  I look out the window at the dark city skyline, Roppongi visible from this side of the building.  I had a feeling there was something coming.  Something big.  Something bad.  I couldn't tell what, but if I were to guess, I'd have said it was the highest form of danger known to man.

I grabbed a pen and started to write.  I don't know what.  Random nonsense.  Anything to keep my mind occupied.  I was worried, but I needed to appear focused.  I needed to give off those confident vibes that everybody associated with me.  Otherwise, I reckoned I'd be laughed out of my job.

It got hot in the stuffy room.  I took off my blazer in one smooth move, hanging it over the arm of my chair.  I straightened my tie and adjusted the collar of my shirt and my cap.  I felt like I looked like a million yen.  I wished I felt like it, too.

My partner hadn't arrived for work yet.  I wondered what could be taking her so long.  I needed her to come and give me a sense of peace.  Women were always good for that.  But she didn't come.  She was twenty minutes late and counting.

I opened the top drawer of my desk and pulled out my cellular phone.  I dialled my missing partner's number.  The phone rang once, twice, thrice.  No answer.  It rang five more times.  I was directed to voice mail.

"Hey.  It's me," I said in a clipped tone.  "Where are you?  Call me."

I hung up and waited for five minutes holding my phone.  No reply.  I put my phone down and picked up my mug of coffee, sitting back in my chair and looking out the window again.

Something was coming.

There was a knock at my door.  I swivelled my chair around and wondered what my gal Friday was doing letting people come to my door unannounced by a phone call.  I made a note to have a chat with her later.  Maybe over some dinner and drinks.  My treat.  I was a gentleman, after all.  When you criticised a lady's methods, you had to do it politely.  Dashingly.  Otherwise she'd cry.

"Come in," I called out, watching the door carefully.

In walked a beauty.  Her hair was dark and straight, reaching just past her shoulders.  She studied my clothes and then peered into my face, blinking twice in rapid succession.

"Have you seen my makeup case?" she asked me in a casual tone.

Her makeup case?  Had she misplaced it?  Or worse yet, had it been stolen?  It must have been stolen.  The majority of the building I worked in was occupied by girls.  A few males came and went, but mostly boys.  Schoolboys.  They'd have no use for makeup.

One of the most coveted items by girls was makeup.  I didn't know why.  Couldn't really bring myself to try and understand why.  But I knew that I had to help this little missus.

"No, m'am.  I haven't seen your makeup case, but if you'd like to take a seat and describe it to me, I'd be glad to try and help you locate it."

I stood up as a gentleman should always do when offering a lady a seat, and I pointed to the chair across from mine.

The girl seemed nervous.  She stared at me as if I was an alien creature.  I couldn't blame her.  Sometimes my presence was a bit intimidating.  Unintentionally, of course, but it happened.  A consequence of the job, I suppose.

I gestured again, and she slowly sat down in the chair.

"Now, what does it look like?" I asked, bracing myself over a fresh pad of paper and ready to write down whatever she said.

"Um, don't you know?" she asked me.

Saucy one.  Bit of a flirt.  She was pretty, so I forgave her for trying to distract me while on the job.

"All I want are the facts, ma'am," I said to her.  "Got to get it all straight."

She shrugged.

"It's dark blue with big sunflowers on it.  It has two compartments that zip up with a folding strap that has a metal button on the end."

I wrote down the key points.  It was a start, but I'd need more information.

"About how long is it?"

"Like this," she replied, holding her hands about twenty centimetres apart.

"And when'd you last have it with you?"

She shrugged again.

"I don't know.  About two hours ago.  Why are you acting so weird?"

I held up a hand to stop her from asking anything more.  She was probably picking up on my nervous reaction to my earlier premonition of evil coming.

"That's none of your concern," I said politely, but firmly.

She stood up slowly and backed away from me.

"No, don't go," I said, standing up perhaps a bit too abruptly.  "I need you to stay here a bit longer."

She looked bothered by my presence.

"Is there something bothering you?" she asked me with a frown.

"I told you already-"

"Because you're acting really weird.  Way too weird.  Listen, forget I came by.  I don't need your help right now," she said quickly, moving to the door and reaching her hand out.

In a swift move, I jumped from behind my desk and ran to the door, putting my hand over her hand to prevent her from opening the door.

"I need more information, m'am!" I said breathlessly.

The girl looked up at me, her face screwed up in a strange expression.  Maybe she was disgusted with me.  I was touching her inappropriately without her permission.  That was probably the reason why.

"Yocchan," she said.  "What the hell?"

What was with Yocchan?  Why had she bastardised my name?  I had never met her before, and there she was giving me a nickname.

I quickly removed my hand from hers.

"Don't go, miss," I pleaded.  "Just give me a chance to find your makeup case.  I can search all day.  When my partner gets back, she can help, too.  And if you've got any suspects in mind, I can put out an A.P.B. for them immediately."

She looked at me with a straight face and then took my cap off.

"I think your hat's on too tight," she mumbled.  "And you smell like coffee.  Did you drink coffee?  You know how the caffeine makes you too nervous and hyper.  You shouldn't drink so much.  It makes you act screwed in the head.  Like you are now."

She may have had a pretty face, but she wasn't too kind.  Not gentle like a woman was supposed to be.  Not ladylike and refined.  She was vulgar.  She spoke to me so casually when this was our first time meeting.

I grabbed my cap out of her hand and put it back on deliberately sharply.

"I'm sorry that you feel that way, m'am," I said in a professional tone showing no signs of warmth.  "If you don't want my help, then by all means, feel free to leave."

She paused.  Hah!  I'd made her hesitate.  Now she felt bad.

"Are you angry with me?" she asked in disbelief.

"Well, I'm not pleased with you," I replied.

She snorted and shook her head.

"Call me when you grow up, Yocchan."

She pulled opened the door to leave.  A figure tipping into my office prevented her from moving.  The gangly girl had her ear to the door as it swung open, and she lost her balance, falling to the floor at our feet.

"Ahhhh!" she screamed in a high-pitched voice.

This case was getting more and more interesting by the minute.  Could this possibly be the thief of the makeup case checking up to make sure she wasn't suspected?

The young girl quickly jumped up.

"Fu-Fujimoto-senpai!  Yoshizawa-senpai!" she cried in terror.

"Koharu!" the lady - Fujimoto - shouted.  "What in the world are you doing listening at the door?!"

The young girl, who I estimated to be about thirteen years old, started to tremble and babble at an incredible speed.  So fast that I could barely keep up.

"I'm sorry, Fujimoto-san!" she squeaked, addressing my first guest.  "But I saw you walk into Yoshizawa-senpai's change room and Tanaka-senpai said that maybe you two were going to talk about me 'cause I'm new, so I came to listen, but I didn't really come for only that 'cause I really like both of you and really respect and admire both of you so much, so I just wanted to listen to what you two had to talk about 'cause-"

"Yeah, I got it!"

The young girl - Koharu - shut up when Fujimoto yelled at her.  Now I was getting some names.  Progress.

Koharu started to sniffle.  Oh no!  I pushed Fujimoto aside and patted Koharu on the shoulder.

"There there, little lady.  Don't cry.  She didn't mean to yell at you."

Koharu seemed pleased by my comforting, and she perked right back up.  Disgusted, Fujimoto threw her hands up and walked out the door and down the hall.

"Like I said, call me when you get a life, Yoshizawa," she muttered just loud enough for me to hear.

I sighed. 

Women!

I sent Koharu off with a pat and then closed my door, locking it and going to sit back in my chair.  I faced the window and saw that it had started to rain at some point during the fiasco in my office.  I checked my phone.  No messages.  My partner still hadn't called.

I sighed and took another sip of my coffee.

Being a detective was tough business.  My job sometimes involved great feats of strength and intellect.  However, figuring out women?  A whole different, much tougher ballgame.

My name is Chief Detective Yoshizawa.  I'm a cop, and that's my story.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 05:18:13 AM by OTN1 »

Offline g4rfield

• Yocchan is my chan~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I belong to a religion called Yossy-ism
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2007, 05:45:48 AM »
 :rofl: :rofl: I thought she was Rika for some reason but that Yocchan part was a dead give away.

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ladies` Code - Chaconne