JPHiP Radio (29/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo - Gips

Author Topic: G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra (2009)  (Read 9797 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
Re: G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra (2009)
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2009, 01:53:27 AM »
they had this trailer at Star Trek. It looks good. Not shure how to take the augment suits, but overall it looks like it'll be a good ride.
Life is one time.

Offline Yo Jimbo

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2009, 10:49:10 AM »
Lol I watched the trailer during Star Trek too and I have to say this looks pretty cool. I barely remember the shows though (my only experience with the series).
Crowds are won and lost and won again but our hearts beat for the diehards

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2009, 01:33:06 AM »
I had written this movie off long ago. The early production screenshots were HORRIBLE. Looks like they've massively improved the designs and the trailer looks cool. I might give this a shot. Action movies are always fun. :thumbsup

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2009, 10:38:59 AM »
Acceleration suits? WTF? Again, I was so waiting for this, and the new trailer comes and there's this one thing that's gonna ruin the whole movie :(

Well I hope there's at least some good ninja action, something like in G.I.Joe Resolute animation.
coot is ctz

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2009, 09:15:56 AM »

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2009, 07:45:19 AM »
G.I. Joe Sequel is Already Going into Development Soon

Yo Joe! I would say this was inevitable, but then again, the buzz for G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra was so bad that no one knew if it'd do well on its opening weekend. But this proves that franchise familiarity is king in Hollywood, even with bad buzz. In the LA Times report on the weekend box office (G.I. Joe ended up with $54.7 million) they say that "the studio's vice chairman, Rob Moore, confirmed that a sequel will soon go into development." This is great news for those who liked it, but bad news for everyone else. "The film's lead actors are contractually obligated to return for another film, though director Stephen Sommers is not."

I think this is the kind of movie that a lot of people will be excited for the sequel. Hell, it sets up a sequel in a big way at the end, almost as a cliffhanger. And you've just got to see the newly recruited G.I. Joe's get revenge on that annoying Zartan, right? Although they make it sound like Stephen Sommers won't return yet, let me remind you that he did come back to direct The Mummy Returns two years after The Mummy proved to be a big success for Universal as well. If I can make one suggestion to Paramount - don't bring back Sommers! If only this had better CGI and a better script, I might've enjoyed it just a little bit more.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/08/10/gi-joe-sequel-is-already-going-into-development-soon/

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2009, 12:26:18 AM »
I went to it last weekend. Enjoyed the hell out of it. Like any other book>movie, things aren't gonna be the same. That being said, I definetly enjoyed the ride.
Life is one time.

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2009, 10:18:15 AM »
I just watched this movie on DVD with friends. Good movie, average ratings from me, 6/10 okay story, good action scenes.
Actually some things make me thing of the manga/anime Ghost in the Shell. basically the nanobots technology, a.k.a. nanobites(GIJ) = micromachines (GITS). and GI Joes have their camouflage suits = active camouflage.

I know absolutely nothing about G.I. Joes, but is a fan of Ghost in the Shell so that's why I thought of GITS while watching it. also makes me think of a G.I. Joe vs Section 9 scenario. GIJ and GITS are both well trained, recruited from military,around the world and JSDF, the best in the respective fields and armed with the best, state-of-the-art equipment. The camouflage suits, the mobile armored suits vs the cyberized bodies, etc. Though G.I. Joe take the advantage in numbers, but Section 9 numbers also increased, they also have tachikomas and Fuchikomas as support.

also i caught that that ninja, Storm Shadow, which supposed to be japanese in character (read his info on wiki) somehow were talking in korean during his childhood scene. i thought it was weird. They're part of an Japanese Ninja clan, in Tokyo no less, and yet he's speaking korean. Nothing important really, but I just thought that was a bit confusing. Understandable if the kid don't speak japanese, and the audiences usually wouldn't notice, especially American audiences. but for those like me who are trivial and detailed, something like this makes me think either the Producer, Director and Staff are incompetent in knowing the difference or that they don't care and think no one will know, which insults the intelligence of viewers.

btw, I also notice the two stars of the Mummy movie, Brendan Fraiser and the guy that played Imoteph are in this movie.

Offline whiteleppard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2010, 04:35:46 PM »
Rented this one and was very dissapointed.

JPHiP Radio (29/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo - Gips