JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: B`z - Taiyou no Komachi Angel

Author Topic: Rediscovering H!P songs  (Read 10129 times)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Rediscovering H!P songs
« on: September 22, 2009, 10:39:43 AM »
HAY GUYSE

Got any H!P songs that you've suddenly started liking years after you've first heard them?
One day you just listen to them and go like "hey, this is actually quite a fun song :heart: "

I think I've got Egg concerts to thank for making me like certain songs more that I never really noticed before. The setlists are so random :D For example:
Aya Matsuura - I KNOW (I love doing the 'OH YEAH' arm movements! Awesome live song)
Maki Goto - Te wo Nigitte Arukitai (suddenly I find it really cute and fun!)

I also remember that I once fell in love with ZYX - Shiroi Tokyo after I saw it as one of the opening songs at a H!P concert. Same thing with Melon Kinenbi's This is Unmei XD
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Rediscovering H!P songs
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 09:24:32 PM »
As much as I love 3 of the first 4 songs on Maki's second album, I never listened to it much. A few days ago I took it with me when I went out and enjoyed, especially "Scramble". I did kinda like it before, but I liked it a lot more when I listened to it recently.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 10:52:17 AM »
^ COOL!

After watching the June H!P Egg concert, I have a new found love for the Country Musume classic "Hajimete no Happy Birthday"!

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 04:32:09 AM »
Late last night when my library was on random, "The Peace!" came on and I was surprised I still knew most of the lyrics. I ended up listening to the rest of the album. It was my favorite album before, but I forgot just how much I enjoy listening to it.

Got another one to add. I listened to "Aisha Loan de" once and didn't like it. I was listening to the 3rd album in the shower just now and liked it this time around. I don't what it was I didn't like, but ever since that time I have avoided the song.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 05:42:14 AM by arun.yothin »

Offline Mucca

• Go! Amazon Goddess!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 04:51:25 AM »
^Most of the 3rd-Love Paradise- album was like that for me. I liked the hits, but a lot of the other songs I didn't care for until, one day, they just clicked. I still think the spoken-word stuff is pretty awful, but I like the actual songs much more than I did at first.

Another one for me is "Do It! Now." For the longest time I'd hear the intro and immediately skip it. The one day I decided to listen all the way through, and now I love it.

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 05:03:28 AM »
listening to Momusu's -said collection the past few days has me grown to love the old stuff when they first started..I even started to love Koi NG and Popcorn Love

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 04:04:42 PM »
Not so much the discovering the songs as the arrangements.
Damn, there's just so much stuff going on in Mikan, all designed to be uplifting. Crazy bass line, glissandos on different instruments all over the place, etc.
The Kirarin songs are also amazing when it comes to arrangements. I still almost get chills when I hear Happy Happy Sunday's instrumental.

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2009, 02:08:13 AM »
...glissandos...
As my eyes saw that when I was scolling down, I took it as "glass dildos."

Offline freakn_emo

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ore Wa Rika Chan fan zutto Zutto!!!!
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 10:37:23 PM »
momusu's no. 5 album in my opinion was their best album

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2009, 03:20:43 AM »
Maki Goto - Like a Game

Please, please, please let this get performed at an H!P concert in the future. It's too epic not to! For that matter, I'm on a "rediscover Goto's music" kick right now, and there's so much stuff right in line with the EmoMusume image. Use that stuff!

maki-LIVE TOUR 2006 G-Emotion-love like crazy

Maki Goto

Deep voice, swing jazz, AND top hat with tails?  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 03:24:44 AM by Rayle »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2009, 11:18:31 AM »
Ah I used to think Like A Game was the hottest stuff ever! I agree, I wish it will be used again in concert. It's a fierce song!!

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2009, 04:33:50 AM »
What I find funny sometimes is that, for how much I WISH is such an upbeat song but when sung at the graduations it always is a serious moment.  Then, reading the translation i scratch my head, and say to myself, it shouldn't be sad at all but i always come to the point of tearing up.

Damn graduations...
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2010, 08:59:14 PM »
Freaking everything in the Buono Hybrid Punch concert!  :panic: Kpop has been swallowing my life lately, but I'm appreciating more and more the good ol' Jpop melodies since Kpop tends to beat its hooks to death and forget what a good chord progression can do for ya.

Also The Greatest H!P B-Side evar.

Sure the new MM version has Takagaki belting and Junlin's sultry voices rock, but I fell in love with this performance as soon as I saw it and will be trying to convert someone to H!Pism with it soon. :3

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2010, 03:01:05 PM »
^ That song reminds me of Canary Club's Kappore EE Janai Ka :lol: ...Just because both are disco

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2010, 11:18:14 PM »
XD That reminded me of an aerobics class. "And up, and down, and up, and down, and left, and right."  :lol: It also reminded me of that disco SweetS song.  :cry:

Trying to convert a SNSD fan to H!Pism is really making me rediscover so many songs because I have to try and view them from a non-fan's perspective. Except I just end up appreciating all of the little details about each perf even more, the kind of details a non-fan wouldn't notice.  :lol: It looks like it'll be variety clips that'll do the trick after all because this person don't much like Jpop even though she still likes SNSD's bubblegum offerings?  :sweatdrop: Whatever.

The latest rediscovered goodnes:

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2010, 08:02:05 AM »
Oh my fuck, Berryz did Show! Show! Show! before SNSD even debuted and years before Showx3 was even conceived of as a song.  XD

I started off as a Berryz fan and now I'm starting to remember why I loved them so much from the start. Their discography is so damn solid up through 2008. And I don't think I've ever been fully disappointed by a Berryz concert, whereas I've been pretty meh to C-ute's despite their tap-dancing broom throwing awesomeness.

And continuing with the SNSD-H!P comparison, Yuujou Junjou oh Seishun kicks Himnae to the curb. :3
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 05:51:37 AM by Rayle »

Offline Meania

• shooting for the stars~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2010, 01:45:40 AM »
I can't really remember this happening recently-- Except maybe today my girlfriend started half singing half saying "DA. KI. SHI. ME. TE. DAKISHIMETEEEEEH~~" in a deep jokey voice and was doing some of the arm movements-- and it brought back memories of last year when it became my favourite song for a while > w <

And with some oldish songs (old compared to when I started listening to them): Mr. Moonlight, The PEACE, Shabondama, etc- They'll remind me of my time falling for Yossie and Hello!Project... and with the 3 that I named- I copied out the lyrics in Hiragana to practice writing and learning the letters > w <;; so I have most of the lyrics burned into my mind when I hear them!! <3

- Formspring - Twitter -
~ RIP ChrNo

Offline Chibs

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Confessed Eriholic
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2010, 05:34:44 AM »
Ishiyoshi got me on a sexy boy craze

Offline greyface

• Member+
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2010, 06:05:59 AM »
Chokotto Love & La La La Shiawase no Uta.
Both were far too saccharine for me when I heard them before.  But, like all those drinkers of diet soda say... you can get used to the oversweet taste, if you give it a chance!

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2010, 06:20:54 AM »
this song... sounds better after a while

my favorite from C-ute probably

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: B`z - Taiyou no Komachi Angel