JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Lee Hyori - Sexy Boy [Ft. Wheesung]

Author Topic: How much do the MM girls make?  (Read 5956 times)

Offline jackal2000

• ecchi
  • Member+
How much do the MM girls make?
« on: June 12, 2012, 07:03:41 AM »
I just got around to watching Haromoni and I saw the one where they tricked the girls into thinking they won 4 million dollars and they were so shocked and happy (ep 72?). If they're this impressed by just 4 million i wonder how much they actually make. Anyone have any idea?

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
Re: How much do the MM girls make?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 07:53:04 AM »
In a recent episode of Gachi Gase they had Kokusho Sayuri (Onyanko Club) and Ichii Sayaka (ex-Momusu) battle their highest monthly salary while in the group.
I don't remember the number, but Sayaka's was pretty average even during Love Machine + Puchi Moni.
Worst thing was after that, they did the same with 2 comedians and their highest monthly salary was something like Sayaka's salary times 10 years. XD

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 10:58:58 AM »
I can't give any numbers or detailed info, but I can say that unlike western pop stars, J-idols are salary-based workers and already because of that they can't really be expected earning millions each. Also the longer you have worked with the same company, the bigger that base salary is, as Japan has that whole senpai, loyalty thing going on. And as far as I know, for extra work they get more (PBs, plays, CMs)...

I kinda like that a J-idol can't become a millionaire overnight because I think it keeps them humble, hardworking and grateful for what they have (lol does that sound horrible)... More down to earth because even if they are celebrities, they work for a salary like most other people... And don't go around buying diamond shoes or other absurd things.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 04:15:10 PM »
Correction on my post above. It was Ichii Sayaka vs Nitta Eri (Onyanko Club)

Sayaka's highest salary was 120,000yen while Eri's was 200,000yen. She did say the sales of CD's didn't have any impact.
While one of the comedian guys highest monthly salary was 28,000,000yen. :shocked

It was the 120427 Gachi-Gase episode for anyone interested. :)

Offline Chibs

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Confessed Eriholic
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 05:40:12 PM »
One point to note is that Sayaka left soon after Love Machine, I think after the 4th gen joined which was when the group finally stabalized, so had she stayed around longer she probably would have made more money.

Offline jackal2000

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 10:17:15 AM »
$1200 (USD) a month? Terrible. The Japanese scholarship for foreign exchange students was tuition + $800 a month when I went there. Hopefully they're at least up to $10-20K a month nowadays.

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Lee Hyori - Sexy Boy [Ft. Wheesung]