JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: EvoL - We Are a Bit Different

Author Topic: Comic/manga/anime/video game festivals!~  (Read 1875 times)

Offline sweeety

• ecchi
  • Member+
Comic/manga/anime/video game festivals!~
« on: August 03, 2008, 07:11:26 AM »
Talk about your fave festivals or conventions or whatever you want to call them! All talk of those times you left your lair, took trains and buses and walked into a big building filled with manga, comics, anime, video games etc and lest we forget the loyal cossplayers.

Here is the place to talk about the weird creepy guy that joined your group of friends as you were dining at the maid cafe at Smash! yesterday or the girl who you saw dressed as a lollita maid at the last two anime con's you went to. This is where you can chat freely about how dissappointed you were at the lack of any real stars at the last con you went to or how you swooned when Jewel Stait gave you an autograph at the last supanova.

Otakus, come one come all and talk about how you thought that kid sooo did not look like the Hulk and should not have won the cossplaying competition out of pity/cuteness just cause he was 4 and talk about how you spent three hours 'sampling' the new FFVII installment XD as the line of 13y olds kept growing and getting more frustrated.

Tell tales of how your big brother got you Veronica Taylors' autograph when you couldn't make it because you were sick or how he got you Nicholas Brendons' autograph when you were at home doing your assignment for your stupid English class. Post about how you just missed "Glory" by 5 minutes because your mom couldn't find parking and got you all lost or how you also saw Jewel Stait leave as you were waiting for your mum to get out of the bloody toilets again and how she walked right past you and you tried not to freak out, run at her and smoosh her with a hug XD

or just laugh at other peoples admitions of geekyness XD like mine up there ^
I have a porcupine called zazoom, he leaves his scent on peoples' graves.

Offline sweeety

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Comic/manga/anime/video game festivals!~
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 07:15:31 AM »
so yeah... not much else to say about this thread.. it's about comic book festivals. They actually bring people together. In fact I noticed the same lolita maid and some other peepz at two dif places in a row.. is it serendipity? the first time I asked if I could take a pic with ehr and the second time I passed her stall like twice (that I admit to xD)

anyway you guys wanna talk about your funny/scary exp involving these things? Snag a cool autograph at a signing? Missed out on a golden chance? Speak your mind here. No flaming though please.
I have a porcupine called zazoom, he leaves his scent on peoples' graves.

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: EvoL - We Are a Bit Different