JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Brown Eyed Girls - Strange Days

Author Topic: 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing THREAD [spoilers/results inside]  (Read 40241 times)

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing THREAD [spoilers/results inside]
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2008, 06:14:58 PM »
Just saw the 4x100 relay, and what a race! Already knew the outcome beforehand but it didn't make it any less spectacular.
That was a helluva relay, had me on the edge of my seat.
The U.S. pulled it out in the end, and the French team was left eating crow, at least the one who had the fortitude to give the U.S added incentive. ;)
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2008, 12:11:26 AM »
Korea is fucking dominating Archery. Both the girls and the dudes. Impressive i must say. And Jesus fucking christ, anyone catch the womens foil final? Holy shit what a comeback by Hyun-Hee Nam. Too bad she couldn't stand up against the Italian in those last seconds.

Some allright events coming up tomorrow. Looking forward to the womens soccer, like always. The mens foil, Walsh & May's 2nd victory and the wrestling.
[/url]

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2008, 08:00:07 AM »
Korea is fucking dominating Archery.

No one can't lose with pink panda gear.
coot is ctz

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2008, 06:13:16 PM »
Sometimes I question the BBC's choice in broadcasting. On a day with the likes of the Men's Team Gymnastics Final or Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal playing, all you get on the main broadcasting channel is Equestrian events (my least favourite) pretty near all afternoon. Thank God there's more options on digital or I would be pretty mad. XD

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2008, 11:09:05 PM »
What's all the complaining that the little girl singing was really lip synching during the opening?

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2008, 01:04:35 AM »
^ Basically the girl you saw singing at the opening ceremony wasn't actually singing it, she was miming the song whilst another girl hidden away in the background was the actual singer. It's all about how China wanted to present itself basically. You have to feel bad for the singer though. Hidden away from view not knowing why she wasn't up there on stage.

Thinking back on it though, I guess I really should have noticed it. The girl had no microphone or anything so there's no way her voice could have been picked up that clearly without one.

Offline haptic

« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2008, 03:43:54 AM »
Pure Ownage, Chinese Men's Team Gymnastics, 10m Women's Diving

Women's Team Gymnastics to go! ChinaXUSA

edit: +1 China, feel sorry for usa, they almost had it

and no point predicting hes not gonna, phelps is gonna get 8, he led off in the 800m relay thingy, no way anyone else could catch up  :)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 06:40:29 AM by haptic »

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2008, 03:53:48 AM »
Milli Vanilli Beijing style..

Think the black thing on her collar is a mic.. Gotta make it look real..

Maybe that's why the commentator didn't mention her name..
"And here we have....." (huh?? That's not the ugly kid from the rehearsal)".....a typical Chinese kid" (nice save!!)

It's pretty much a kick in the teeth to both kids.. Basically telling one that she's too ugly, and that the other can't sing.. You would think with the population in the billions, they would be able to find a cute kid with a good singing voice... But I guess not..

And how about the CG footprints?? Far too perfect to be real..

Offline Kanki

• Kanki-tastic
  • Member+
  • Ooh La-La!
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2008, 04:12:37 AM »
It is sad!  I thought the singing girl was cute~!!!  I also thought the voice was a bit too calm during the performance, now I see why...god I loved that song too, it was so pretty.  I feel more bad for the singy-girl. :<

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2008, 08:43:43 AM »
And how about the CG footprints?? Far too perfect to be real..
I was watching that in the 720p version and thinking: wow those are really equal each time, how did they do that? (including the fly-over)

Yup, turns out what was on TV was CGI.
Good that I 'watched' this not in real time, of the 3 hours 20 minutes, I think I watched about half an hour... There where some pretty pictures, and impressive looking performances but the commentary totally ruiend it. (this was a NBC capture, might find a better one later)

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2008, 12:53:32 PM »
[...]wow those are really equal each time, [...]
Actually, the impressive thing would not be how equal they are, but how naturally unequal they made them, since every person can clearly see how every footprint has a very naturally unique look. I must say that part of the fly-over do seem altered (the part shown in the small NBC commercial thing), while the rest of it looks extremely natural. A proof of this is that noone inside, outside or on TV have noticed this "fakeness" until the media picked up on it. I'm not sure what to think. The usual media bull shit crap that they always pull to get us to read their nonsense or actual CGI. Guess, I'll watch that 25gb high-def stuff a couple more times later to make up my own mind.

NOW BACK TO MORE IMPORTANT THINGS! FUCKEN SPORTSand ass!!

Wrestling going on as we speak. Awesome finals in Greco-Roman 66kg and 77kg. The soccer is still going strong. Did miss the Italy vs Cameroon match, but heard there was some serious controversy in the referee. I'ma try to see that shit later. Also today was womens artistic gymnastics finals iirc. Which is something that is pretty fucking awesome to watch. More fencing aswell. Gymnastis and Fencing being my to latest favorite Olympic sports. And yeah, Tian Jia and Wang got another W in Beach Volley after beating the Norwegian girls. They're looking pretty solid, would mind seeing them moving on and sticking around in the tournament.
[/url]

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2008, 06:40:59 PM »
Actually, the impressive thing would not be how equal they are, but how naturally unequal they made them, since every person can clearly see how every footprint has a very naturally unique look. I must say that part of the fly-over do seem altered (the part shown in the small NBC commercial thing), while the rest of it looks extremely natural. A proof of this is that noone inside, outside or on TV have noticed this "fakeness" until the media picked up on it.
The thing is I had seen the 'footprints' already on the news and while watching (the 720p version) tried to find-out how and where they shot them from the roof tops (or wherever) and couldn't really see them during the flying sequence, I skipped back a bit and tried again, still no joy. I found that very strange, including the path of the steps didn't seem to match with the buildings.

So, back to the olympics: Holland is doing not to bad in the judo/wresling departments, again medals there.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2008, 08:58:07 PM »
Federer came a bit stuck against his opponent today having to win it in a tie break situation on the 2nd set. Haven't watched much tennis until recently and the commentators were mentioning how Federer isn't playing as well as he could do ( :o ) and feels that he might need help from a coach or sports psychologist to help him throught the latter stages of his career. For those that have been following Federer's career, is that true? Is he not playing as well as he has done in the past, and do you feel that he would need professional help?

China's weightlifting team is just unstoppable. Liu Chunhong just broke world records for snatch (128kg) jerk (158kg) and total (286kg) and the difference between first and second was around 30 + kgs. Sounds impressive, until you realise China have a 100% victory thus far and won a gold in every weightlifting match they've competed in, both men's and women's. :o

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2008, 11:37:39 PM »
Holy fuck, the showdown between Poland and Japan in today's Womens Volleyball was a thriller. Saying this without praising the Japanese girls too much, but they should've gotten that W easy. They did get it, but the Polish girls did not lay down without a fight. Also, why haven't anyone told me Polish volleyball players look good, have awesome butts and wears hot pants that are 2 sizes too small?! XD

Also, The Chinese Womens team in Gymnastics Artistics. Wow! 何可欣 might not be older than my newest pair of sneakers, but that girl can do the uneven bars like noone else. I am seriously impressed. Amazing little girl. I do feel bad for Alicia Sacramone of the U.S team tho. She fucking failed twice in the final. :( But! I don't think US and A would've won even if she would have been able to stand those times. China was just better today.

Another great day of Olympics. Totally looking forward to tomorrow! OLYMPICS GO! :rockon:
[/url]

Offline Kanki

• Kanki-tastic
  • Member+
  • Ooh La-La!
« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2008, 02:58:55 AM »
When I was watching the opening ceremony the commentators clearly said that the ones we were seeing weren't real.  So, I don't see the problem with that one.

Michael Phelps is one damn sexy fast beast!  Who eats 12,000 calories a DAY!!! :O (Found that out in WW haha)

Also this is sick (If you have a weak stomach dont click): http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1044258/Pictured-The-horrific-moment-Olympic-weightlifter-turns-elbow-front.html

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2008, 07:22:05 AM »
Another controversy was the fireworks CGI but everyone prolly knew about that.

What about them underage Jailbait Chinese gymnasts????!! Sure dont look 16 to me!!! Last two for the win!! og god dont arrest me!

http://imagesx.sports.cn/Image/2007/12/01/2127413963.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0fl8dia6tC6JE/340x.jpg
http://www.intlgymnast.com/image/jiang_yuyuan_2.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/04yg2wDgF78fX/610x.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/03E7gis9vM3r0/610x.jpg

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2008, 11:35:06 AM »
200m Breaststroke

Yay!!

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2008, 12:15:50 PM »
What about them underage Jailbait Chinese gymnasts????!! Sure dont look 16 to me!!! Last two for the win!! og god dont arrest me!
I was watching some of that, and while looking up I thought, wow 15 maximum then the commentator said so-and-so is ... 20 ?? 20?

BTW another random comment I overheart: she is tall at 1m47!

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2008, 04:59:02 PM »
I'm sure the Chinese lied about their ages.  They listed conflicting reports in their own newspapers, but thanks to state run press.  It has been fixed!  Just wait till London 2012 she'll be 16.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2008, 06:02:35 PM »
Federer's out! :o Surely the Gold in the Men's singles is Nadal's for the taking. And I've watched the best match so far with Venus Williams and Li Na, in which the latter won impressively (and I've started to fancy a bit :P)

Men's gymnastics was also great to watch. Women's judo was incredibly close, with the Chinese fighter only winning it by judges decision.

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Brown Eyed Girls - Strange Days