JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Utada Hikaru - Hanataba Wo Kimini (A Bouquet of Flowers for You)

Author Topic: [CHI] Bruce Lee  (Read 101697 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: [CHI] Bruce Lee
« Reply #100 on: March 04, 2012, 09:48:55 AM »
Bruce Lee’ signature fragrances launched

:doh:

It's probably gonna smell like water, MY FRIEND! XD

Silva Like Water documentary total props to BRUCE!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #101 on: June 10, 2012, 11:15:09 AM »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #102 on: July 18, 2012, 04:08:00 PM »
Bruce Lee claimed as 'father' of Mixed Martial Arts: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-18738422

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #103 on: August 26, 2012, 08:55:11 AM »
^ WERD. So proud he getting love after all these years. We need to write a book on Bruce and his influence on :hipheart:

CHILLING. Shek Kien on Bruce Lee prophecy

Am I the only one who thinks of Bruce when Expendables 2 is so proud Chuck Norris in their sequel?

SHIT!! That's gonna leave a mark :yep:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #104 on: August 31, 2012, 08:21:35 AM »
shit! Bruce Lee Bobblehead Nite SOLD OUT already.  http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/sf/ticketing/group_special_events.jsp#brucelee

Quote from: Giants.com
Bruce Lee Tribute Night

Tuesday, 9/4 vs. ARI 7:15 p.m.
SOLD OUT!

2012 serves as the "Year of the Dragon", so what better way to celebrate than to honor the life and times of The Dragon himself, Bruce Lee? Lee, a San Francisco native, went on to become arguably the most renowned martial artist of all time, and the Giants would like to recognize that! By sharing his knowledge and skills throughout the world, Lee became not only a master, but an icon. Shannon Lee, Bruce's daughter, will be in attendance to perform the National Anthem, with Linda Lee Cadwell, who was married to Bruce up until the time of his passing, to throw out the ceremonial First Pitch. Your ticket to this event will include a collector's edition Bruce Lee bobblehead, as well as a ticket to the game in one of the Bruce Lee Tribute Night sections! Whether you are a martial artist, instructor, or fan, we look forward to hosting you and your group at AT&T Park. Partial proceeds from this event go to the Bruce Lee Foundation.

Bruce Lee Tribute: VIP Triples Alley Experience

Enjoy complimentary food and beverage (including beer and wine), a special VIP edition Bruce Lee Bobblehead, and a visit by members of the Lee family, Shannon Lee and Linda Lee Cadwell. Partial proceeds will benefit the Bruce Lee Foundation. Unlike any other ballpark setting, this on-field space is the perfect place to enjoy all of the pre-game excitement at the ballpark.
SOLD OUT!

pretty dope. Least they didn't cute-ify it with him holding a bat or some shit.

THE DRAGON!! :bow:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #105 on: July 11, 2013, 05:33:03 AM »
I don't know how to react to this.  :wth

Johnnie Walker Whiskey’s Newest Ad Features a Resurrected CGI Bruce Lee
July 10, 2013 // 1:31 pm // By: Dominique Zamora

Maybe this is what happens when you get a lifelong believer in clean living sloshed.

To promote its popular Blue Label line, Johnnie Walker whiskey has just launched a new 90-second ad featuring none other than the famously sober, late martial arts legend Bruce Lee, resurrected through computer graphics onto a balcony in posh modern day Hong Kong. Dubbed a “short inspirational film sponsored by Johnnie Walker” by director Joseph Kahn — as opposed to a strict commercial — the spot follows a distant, slightly glazed-looking Lee spouting platitudes about dragons and water and walking, all in service of selling something his living self didn’t support in the first place.

Granted, Kahn did bring Lee’s daughter Shannon on board to advise the project (to ensure “accuracy”), and okay, he did release that disclaimer that the spot “isn’t about drinking, nor does Bruce Lee ever pitch, hold, talk about it [alcohol].” But you still can’t help but wish all the effort to bring the Enter the Dragon star back to life were spent somewhere a little less lushy. Get on it, Gatorade.

Check out the video for yourself below:
http://vimeo.com/69868746#
https://vimeo.com/69868746#

YOUTUBE BACKUP, ALSO WITH ENGLISH CAPTIONS

Quote from: Joseph Khan's VIMEO post
his is my latest ad - for Johnnie Walker Blue Label in China.

It stars Bruce Lee.

You should watch it first then come back and read the rest.

Seriously, watch it first.

OK.

The making of the ad:

My good friend BBH Creative Executive Johnny Tan and I first talked about doing this concept a year ago. We shot it in Hong Kong, and then we worked with vfx company The Mill in London to create a completely CGI Bruce Lee over nine months. EVERY shot of his head and every detail in there is completely cgi. We got Shannon Lee, Bruce Lee's daughter, to come aboard and we really picked her brain to make sure that everything was accurate from look to soul. We wanted to be as respectful to the man and legend as we could.

A big thank you to Johnny, Shannon, Mill, and everyone who tirelessly worked on this.

CREDITS

Client: Johnnie Walker Blue Label
Director: Joseph Kahn
Cinematographer: Christopher Probst
Agency: BBH, Johnny Tan Creative Director
Agency Producer: BBH, Krystie Koh
Line Producer: Merrilyn Lim, Gravity Films
Executive Producer HSI Productions: Kim Dellara
Music: Brain & Melissa
VFX: The Mill, London

ADDITIONAL STATEMENT 7/10/13:

This spot isn't about drinking, nor does Bruce Lee ever pitch, hold, talk about it. It's a short inspirational film sponsored by Johnnie Walker. Those making comparisons of "water" to "alcohol" are literalists & wrong. Last thing alcohol wants to be is water. It's a metaphor for life. It's his metaphor in his actual words. I spent a year living and breathing this man, thinking about him every day. For me, it's not an ad. It's an exploration & celebration of him. This is a sculpture in a different medium, paid for by a different church. I stand behind it.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #106 on: July 24, 2013, 03:19:40 AM »
looks like some phony Korean actor lookalike lol reminds me of the cheap 3D animation they did a while back

What a way to honour the 40th Anniversary of his death. People came out to his statue at the Hong Kong Walk of Fame. MAKE A MUSEUM!!! 今年是李小龙逝世四十周年,其胞姐李秋源和一众粉丝向李小龙铜像献花,更有粉丝穿上戏中的服装扮演李小龙。TUNGSTAR/文并图 his sister Li Qiuyuan and all the fans to the Bruce Lee statue flowers, put more fans in the costume drama played Bruce Lee.

The family was on ATV doing a special on Bruce:

Artist Petrina Fung Bo Bo and Bruce Lee's sister Phoebe Lee Chau Yuen two nights ago were guests on an ATV program about Bruce Lee. Fung Bo Bo brought her father Fung Fung's draft to the show, claimed that it described how her father launched the superstar of a generation Bruce Lee to stardom, and corrected the history in the film BRUCE LEE, MY BROTHER. She said, "I have never worked with Bruce Lee, we were of different eras. I have only worked with his father Lee Hoi Chuen." Recently busy with attending events, Lee Chau Yuen was very happy to be able to participate in her brother's commemorative events.
 Posted by hktopten

and a cable show!

ALWAYS JEET KUNE DO!! :brucelee: be formless shapeless BE WATER MY FRIEND :jphip: Tell your friends that when they ask "What is JPH!P?"

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #107 on: September 05, 2013, 05:58:52 AM »
Bruce Lee X UFC Collaboration Shirts Lookbook Preview

The UFC uncorks a collaboration with the famed father of mixed martial arts: Bruce Lee, for the upcoming fall season. The new UFC Bruce Lee shirts consist of 7 new designs including: Signature, Family, Snapshot, Translation, Little Dragon and the Collaboration Shirts.  Working off the success of their previous Bruce Lee UFC Macau Collaboration, these designs continue to impress with clean-cut iconic Bruce Lee graphics.  The primary colorway featured in the collection is black which matches well with any wardrobe and two other colors emerge as charcoal heather and red for select designs.  If you’re a fan of Bruce Lee and all he has done to further the ever-growing world of MMA then stay tuned to FighterStyle.com in the coming weeks for further release details.

http://www.fighterstyle.com/bruce-lee-x-ufc-collaboration-shirts-lookbook-preview/

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #108 on: April 07, 2014, 04:09:03 PM »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2014, 05:56:50 PM »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #111 on: August 22, 2016, 02:49:26 AM »
Some notes of Bruce Lee have been found!! INSPIRATION!! :brucelee:

Although Lee has many fans, what most don't know is that he was a very contemplative guy who was truly obsessed with incorporating his philosophy (a mixture of Asian beliefs and Western [positive] psychology) into his every day life and his career.

In order to do so more effectively, Lee always carried a 2"×3″ pocketbook with him. This pocketbook didn't only serve as an agenda, but also as his personal notebook. Lee wrote notes to and for himself. As a result, they are filled with his personal philosophy.

The aforementioned Brain Pickings website got special permission from the Bruce Lee Estate to publish some of the notes. That's great in itself, but what's even better is that these notes are extremely interesting and useful, not only for Lee's most passionate fans, but for everybody who wants to make his or her life a successful one.

WILL POWER: —

Recognizing that the power of will is the supreme court over all over departments of my mind, I will exercise it daily, when I need the urge to action for any purpose; and I will form HABIT designed to bring the power of my will into action at least once daily

EMOTION: —

Realizing that my emotions are both POSITIVE and negative I will form daily HABITS which will encourage the development of the POSITIVE EMOTIONS, and aid me in converting the negative emotions into some form of useful action.

REASON: —

Recognizing that both my positive & negative emotions may be dangerous if they are not controlled and guided to desirable ends, I will submit all my desires, aims and purposes to my faculties of reason, and I will be guided by it in giving expression to these.

IMAGINATION: —

Recognizing the need for sound PLANS and IDEAS for the attainment of my desires, I will develop my imagination by calling upon it daily for help in the formation of my plans.

MEMORY: —

Recognizing the value of an alert memory, I will encourage mine to become alert by taking care to impress it clearly with all thoughts I wish to recall, and by associating those thoughts with related subjects which I may call to mind frequently.

SUBCONSCIOUS MIND: —

Recognizing the influence of my subconscious mind over my power of will, I shall take care to submit to it a clear and definite picture of my CLEAR PURPOSE in life and all minor purposes leading to my major purpose, and I shall keep this picture CONSTANTLY BEFORE my subconscious mind by REPEATING IT DAILY.

CONSCIENCE: —

Recognizing that my emotions often err in their over-enthusiasm, and my faculty of reason often is without the warmth of feeling that is necessary to enable me to combine justice with mercy in my judgments, I will encourage my conscience to guide me as to what is right & what is wrong, but I will never set aside the verdicts it renders, no matter what may be the cost of carrying them out.

source: https://www.brainpickings.org/2016/08/01/bruce-lee-notebook/?utm_source=pocket&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pockethits

How often do you practice. BE A BETTER PERSON! PERSISTENCE! MOTIVATE YOURSELF!!  :jphip:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #112 on: August 23, 2016, 07:29:00 AM »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #113 on: September 03, 2016, 10:17:41 AM »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: [CHI] Bruce Lee BE WATER ESPN 30 on 30
« Reply #114 on: June 08, 2020, 07:35:57 AM »
THIS 30 on 30!! BE WATER They got Linda. Shannos! KAREEM!! :brucelee:

Who watched tonite and what did you think????

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Utada Hikaru - Hanataba Wo Kimini (A Bouquet of Flowers for You)