JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Miss A - Lips

Author Topic: [CHI] Jackie Chan  (Read 70928 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: [CHI] Jackie Chan
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2009, 07:52:38 AM »

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2009, 08:02:44 AM »
Jackie Chan as Bob Ho lmao

it will be interesting to watch this next year
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2009, 09:10:44 AM »
You can do it Jackie! XD He shouda did Infernal Affairs IV to roll serious roles

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2009, 11:07:33 AM »

Him and Andy Lau wanna remake Jet Li's New Shaolin Temple!!

Jackie Chan, Andy Lau to star in new Shaolin movie

By MIN LEE (AP) – 1 day ago

HONG KONG — The king of kung fu cinema is set to star in a new movie about China's famed shrine of martial arts, the Shaolin Temple.

Jackie Chan will star in the $29 million production, "Shaolin," the latest screen portrayal of the 1,500-year old temple in central China whose famous fighting monks have featured in films by stars such as Bruce Lee and Jet Li, and in the 1970s TV series "Kung Fu" with David Carradine.

Chan's Chinese-language film will co-star veteran Hong Kong actor Andy Lau, actor-singer Nicholas Tse and Chinese actress Fan Bingbing.

The production, said to boast 1,000 real fighting monks and a grand scene in which the temple burns down, will start shooting later this year for release in late 2010. It was announced in a joint statement Thursday by four Chinese film studios: the state-run China Film Group Corp., Emperor Motion Pictures, Huayi Brothers Media Corp. and Beijing Silver Moon Productions Ltd.

Hong Kong filmmaker Benny Chan, who worked with Chan on "New Police Story" and "Rob-B-Hood," will direct and Cory Yuen will serve as action co-ordinator. Yuen's credits include "Lethal Weapon 4" and "X-Men."

"Shaolin" will be an updated version of a 1982 movie, "The Shaolin Temple," in which former Chinese kung fu champion Li made his screen debut, playing a boy adopted and trained by Shaolin monks who seeks to avenge the death of his father.

The new project could draw more heat for Shaolin Temple abbot Shi Yongxin, who has been accused of high living and seeking publicity for the famed shrine in the Songshan Mountains of central Henan province. He has also faced criticism for upgrading facilities at the once-austere temple.

Shi has agressively promoted the Shaolin brand, and has threatened to sue companies that use the temple's name or image without permission, but the abbot is clearly on board for Chan's project.

"It's worth cheering that we are now working with the most outstanding production team," Shi was quoted as saying in the statement Thursday.

Chan has most recently been shooting a remake of "The Karate Kid" in China with Will Smith's son, Jaden.

Copyright © 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2009, 09:16:02 AM »
Jackie Chan Headlining a Remake of Shaolin Temple in China

More cheesy kung fu "chopsocky" humor, but this time since it's actually coming from China, it won't be as bad as the Hollywood-produced crap like The Spy Next Door. Jackie Chan will star in a remake of the 1982 movie Shaolin Temple alongside of Andy Lau (The Warlords), Nicholas Tse (The Storm Warriors), and actress Fan Bingbing (Shinjuku Incident). The film is a $29 million Chinese production directed by Hong Kong's Benny Chan, who made New Police Story and Rob-B-Hood. This will also feature martial arts star Wu Jing, Yu Shaoqun and "thousands of Shaolin disciples from the temple", which just sounds awesome.

The temple, built in 495 A.D., is widely regarded as the birthplace of Shaolin kung fu. "We felt that it was important not to rush into a film project just for the sake of making another film. It has taken us a long time to find the right partners who had all the right elements for something as monumental as this," abbot Shi Yongxin said. The story follows a slave who runs away and learns kung fu at the temple and returns to kill a traitor who killed his father betrayed his emperor. It's based on a true story from Shaolin folklore, but highly fictionalized. Shooting on Shaolin Temple is expected to start the end of this year with a release in late 2010.

I long for the day when we'll see Jackie Chan return to his martial arts roots to make good action - or even good comedy - movies once again. I was glad to see him star in Shinjuku Incident (which hasn't hit America yet) and I hope this is like his older work as well. I'm just tired of seeing him in crap like The Spy Next Door.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/10/22/jackie-chan-headlining-a-remake-of-shaolin-temple-in-china/

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2009, 09:12:06 AM »

More movie stills of Jackie Chan and Leehom Wang in the upcoming film Little Big Soldier. The movie tells the story of an old soldier who kidnaps a young general of an enemy state and takes him on a long journey to collect the reward. The movie release date has moved from October 2009 to now February 2010.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2009, 10:36:45 AM »
REUNITED!! DOUBLE LP WHOLE WORLD EXCITED!

damn what did Yuen Wah do to his hair (2nd from left)

Kung-fu star Jackie Chan (second from right) poses with other members of the "Seven Little Fortunes" as the martial-arts masters reunited to mark the group's 50th anniversary in Hong Kong on November 13, 2009. "Seven Little Fortunes" includes Jackie Chan, Sammo Hung and Yuen Biao, who formed the group when they studied martial arts with the late Peking Opera star, Yu Jim-Yuen. [Photo: Singtao Entertainment/CFP]

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2009, 02:52:57 AM »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2009, 11:39:17 AM »
Jackie Chan laments too much fighting in his films

With about 100 action films under his belt, kung-fu king Jackie Chan says he is not proud of all his movies and calls some of his early films "a mistake." "It was a mistake to make 'Drunken Fist,'" Chan said Thursday about his 1978 blockbuster. "The film was all about getting drunk to fight. It misled the audience." Chan added that he "tried to correct the mistake in the 1994 sequel which tells the audience to be tolerant." The Hong Kong star was in Beijing to promote an online game spin-off of his new film "Big Soldiers." "Most of the video games available today are about fighting and killing," Chan said. "This is not good for children. I hope by playing our game, youngsters will get a message of peace."

In the role-playing game, players can follow the development of the story in "Big Soldiers" about an old soldier who kidnaps a young general and takes him on a long journey to collect a reward. Chan, who also wrote the story, took 20 years to complete the plot. He said the film is about lives during wartime and is a strong message that peace is priceless. "Big Soldiers," in which Chan plays the soldier and singer-turned-actor Lee-Hom Wang portrays the young general, will open in Chinese cinemas next Valentine's Day, which is also Chinese New Year's Day. Chan is also the film's producer, while Ding Sheng is the director. The video spin-off will be released next month.
http://www.china.org.cn/arts/2009-11/20/content_18925993.htm
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 11:42:00 AM by Masa »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2009, 04:38:17 AM »
Too late to be a positive role model now Jackie XD

those movies made him all that jack, at least he's honest about that RPG. Looks pretty hilarious.

Offline Tao Priest

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2009, 10:59:47 AM »
Jackie Chan Exclusive Interview: The Bangkok Post
Here he mentioned that it was wrong to do this Drunken Master stuff.
Jackie Chan Exclusive Interview: The Bangkok Post

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2009, 07:07:09 AM »
^ SHIT! Big Willie's kid can really kick it! Like dude was doing a I Stance.

Jackie Chan's LITTLE BIG SOLDIER Is Ready to Rumble (MonkeyPeaches Exclusive)
 December 1, 2009

The story is set in China's Warring State Periods (453 - 221 BC), when the country was still a collective of many independents states. A bloody battle ended with only two survivors, an old soldier from the state of Liang (Jackie Chan) and a young general from the state of Wei (Wang Lee-Hom). The soldier kidnapped the badly wounded enemy general and planned to bring him back to Liang, in exchange for a reward and a retirement from war. In the soldier's eyes, the general ruthlessly brought thousands of men to death, and the general also dislike the soldier who actually survived by faking death. However the journey is not easy and the mutual distrust is in fact the least problem they are facing.

Jackie Chan said the idea of a soldier kidnapping an enemy general came from a dream he had about 20 years ago. He told the dream of many people and only rookie director Ding Sheng made it to a script and showed it to Jackie Chan. The original cast was Jackie Chan's son Jaycee Chan as the soldier and Jiang Wen as the general. The cast has been changed but the director has always been Ding Sheng.

The cast also includes Yee Seung-jun, Du Yuming, Lin Peng, Xu Dongmei, Jin Song, Lu Huiguang, Yu Rongguang, Wang Baoqiang and Wu Yue.

OFFICIAL SITE:
http://dbxj.ent.sina.com.cn/main.html

STILLS:
http://slide.ent.sina.com.cn/slide_4_163_1907.html
http://data.ent.sina.com.cn/roll/picture.php?image=stills&type=movie&pictureindex=0&id=9766&dpc=1

Little Big Soldier 2010 Teaser

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2009, 11:27:01 AM »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2009, 06:34:34 AM »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2009, 06:41:14 AM »
LOL i saw that earlier on entertainment tonight.

Jackie looks just fucking hilarious with the Mr. Miyagi beard.

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2009, 06:47:09 AM »
looks good but I'll be honest in saying this, the movie will never live up to the original, its too hard to follow up on it, because how the movie was set up and using a different martial art and it is still called "Karate Kid"  Although I would like to see some awards coming from this as it seems more hardcore than the original, which reminds me of Rocky IV and that aspect I would really appreciate.

I would love to see just to see the Mr. Miyabi performance from Jackie Chan.  :)
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2009, 06:53:47 AM »

I love the ending bit with the flyswatter. XD

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline paihchenko

• today's gonna be a great day
  • ecchi
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2009, 02:07:44 PM »

I love the ending bit with the flyswatter. XD

we'll just see, if the son can beat the father...hehehe

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2010, 11:51:22 AM »
Jackie Chan penning autobiographical musical

Jackie Chan has been quoted by multiple sources as saying that he plans to tell his life story through song and dance by writing an autobiographical musical. “I’m planning to do I AM JACKIE CHAN: THE MUSICAL. I’ve got a very interesting background. I will talk about how I got into the film business… and how I’ve come to be today. It’s a very interesting, classical musical,” Chan said. Chan has spoken about his love of musicals in the past and did so again. “I love THE SOUND OF MUSIC. When I was young, I didn’t know English and I saw the whole movie,” Chan added.

In addition to being a musical fan, Chan, aged 55, comes from a Peking opera background where he was taught singing, dancing, acrobatics, and martial arts as a child. He has also maintained a successful singing career in Asia alongside being a top international action film star. In 1999, Chan published a written autobiography in English called “I Am Jackie Chan: My Life in Action.”
http://www.kungfucinema.com/jackie-chan-penning-autobiographical-musical-12686

LOL WTF XD

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Miss A - Lips