JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: WINK - Eien No LADY DOLL

Author Topic: [CHI] Andy Lau Tak-Wah  (Read 25881 times)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
[CHI] Andy Lau Tak-Wah
« on: March 28, 2009, 11:04:10 AM »
Andy Lau Tak-Wah

Imdb
Wikipedia
Official website

Andy Lau Tak-Wah MH, JP (born September 27, 1961) is a Hong Kong Cantopop singer, film actor, and producer. He has been one of Hong Kong's most commercially successful film actors since the 1990s. Andy Lau has since appeared in more than 100 films and 300 mini series with Hong Kong's TVB channel, and has a huge fan base throughout Asia with the success of both his onscreen performances and his musical career.

:drool:
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: [CHI] Andy Lau Tak-Wah
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 06:13:33 AM »
XD I didn't know you considered him HOT. I thought he was corny with all his commercials - DUDE IS A PIMP! He does cheap ass Gap-knock off, to HK Tourism, to green tea.

This thread is cute :3

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 08:55:36 AM »
LOL!!!
He's hot in a dangerous way. In every movie I saw him, he was a bad dude in the end, I guess it's the thing where women like bad guys (...) He's not the prettiest man around, but he's... manly. :lol: :heart:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 03:20:26 AM »
Oh shi, u gotta see him in comedies. He did a string of romantic comedies at one point. Like this Prince Charming, he plays a hoodlum and this heiress tries to turn him into a classy guy: http://www.lovehkfilm.com/reviews/prince_charming.htm

I thought the hair was XD I have it on VCD somewhere if u want.

Here's some chest for ya:

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 01:38:32 PM »
 :lol: !!!! What a classic that movie sounds like. You don't *have to* pimp it, but you know I'll watch anything with my MEN!!

Andy Lau! Let's ride together into the sunset!

Offline flamingmoe

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 09:40:22 PM »
^ You should know that Andy wasn't always the handsome and charismatic superstar that you normally see. There was a period during his career when....

He battled a weight problem:

When he abused steroids:

and when he was arrested for public nudity:

;)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2009, 10:20:00 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I already saw some steroid pics earlier but it's still funny :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 10:00:46 AM »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 09:47:37 AM »
^ NO HOMO! XD

Andy Lau and girlfriend appear together publicly

BEIJING : Hong Kong pop star Andy Lau and long-time girlfriend Carol Chu made a public appearance together for the first time on Tuesday after years of dodging rumours. Lau and Chu had returned to Hong Kong after attending the funeral of Chu’s late father who passed away last Tuesday in Malaysia. At approximately 10.35pm on Tuesday night, the couple were seen and photographed by the Hong Kong media upon arrival in Hong Kong, Sina.com reported.

The couple, still in mourning and dressed in white, had face masks on. Their appearance together marks the end of much public speculation about the couple who have been linked together for the past 24 years, but kept their relationship a secret until now. Lau had kept a low profile throughout the funeral and came under fire for "hiding". He was also criticised by many for indirectly denying his relationship with Chu.

Aware that Lau was due to return to Hong Kong, hordes of media waited at the airport anticipating his arrival. As soon as the Heavenly King made his appearance, reporters made a beeline for him, with several tumbling amid the chaos. Protecting Chu from the media frenzy, Lau kept her close by his side as they made their way through the airport, hand-in-hand. It appeared that Chu had gained some weight and was seen protecting her belly, indicating a possible pregnancy.

When the media asked Chu how she felt, she remained silent and Lau responded on her behalf, saying, “There is nothing to say, many thanks to everyone who has shown their concern. You are free to think what you will, I do not plan to explain too much. Right now, I would like to bring her home to rest, and speak to all in future.” On Monday, the star also did not hide from the photographers when he was spotted at the cemetary near Kuala Lumpur. Lau and Chu's relatives were gathered at the tomb to pay respects to Chu's late father on the seventh day of his death.
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/entertainment/view/1000897/1/.html

Andy Lau and Carol Zhu back in HK

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 10:01:15 AM »
They kept it a "secret" for 24 years XD at least he didn't pull a Tom Cruise and married Gillian Chung or smth.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 10:41:56 AM »
24 years is frickin hardcore (that's how old I am now)!! Ain't no messing with HK stars, they're tough as nail!!

The pics of them holding hands are so cute :heart:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2009, 02:13:34 AM »
I love how they outed him :lol:

He's been busy with charities and shit. Look at the standard press conference where they have to hold all the mics XD

Artiste 512 Fund Raising Campaign 1st Annual Review Exhibition

Check out the manlove...Andy Lau admit's he "isn't 100% Nice" - he likes to spray his fellow singers with water :lol:
華仔自認唔係100% nice

ETA:

added this banner to all 3 threads XD

The Andy Lau Trinity Thread Rule

MUSIC | MOVIES | MANLOVE
If you post in one, you have to post in all 3 threads.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 10:49:29 AM by daigong »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2009, 09:05:40 PM »
ETA:

added this banner to all 3 threads XD

The Andy Lau Trinity Thread Rule

MUSIC | MOVIES | MANLOVE
If you post in one, you have to post in all 3 threads.

Hahahaahh that's awesome :lol:

Andy Lau Trinity :heart:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2009, 10:55:30 PM »
You can see his "ass crack" in this trailer XD
Running On Karma

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2009, 09:22:38 AM »
On the cover of GQ

« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 01:47:03 PM by shirenu »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2009, 11:08:24 AM »
Andy Lau and showbiz

GQ: What’s the difference between your current character when compared to when you just entered showbiz?

Andy (A): My temper improves. I tempt to lose my temper easily in the past, but it’s more direct, more of like revolutionary, I will say out whatever I’m not happy, it’s better now. I became a boss in 1991, then I found out its useless losing your temper for many things in this world.

GQ: Does your EQ improves with the experience in life?

A: Correct. I’m one of the luckier artist, when I go record program in Taiwan, actually they does not treat artists from Hong Kong well, all their program make a fool of us. Everyone should have a microphone when the recording starts, before the recording start, the compere will sit beside you and ask you random questions like about women, pointing at a woman and ask if you would call her at night, some questions can answer, some low standard question would you like? Actually they had already started recording but we knew nothing and being made a fool of ourselves, but that period is short, I’m more lucky.

GQ: More than 20 years in showbiz, when you started to have confidence and could control your own life?

A: I always feel that in this world, you can live with a million and also with a dollar, I feel that I can live with only a dollar, to have this mentality, everything would be back to normal, start all over again is possible. I said this in 1985, the Hong Kong papers publish it. Then I was put into cold storage and have no work, because I bought a house for my father and need to pay monthly installaments, my bank account only have $2000, that time I told myself, I’m a hair stylist previously, I feel that cutting hair could have a future too.

GQ: Is there an landmark that you feel that you’re successful?

In front of right and wrong, there were many times when you’re young feel matters of right and wrong, you could not say that it’s a mistake, but now I understand to learn to let it go.

GQ: Since when you understand this?

A: I understand this in 2000. I see it very clearly in the Internet. In the past, I would find the source, I could not find the source in the Internet, say bad things of you, that’s it, for no reasons. And I could not find out who said that. On the Internet, I can see that actually in this world there are many people, many things that you cannot control, the Internet brighten me up. I feel that the damage from Internet could be more damaging when compared to newspapers. Since I entered showbiz, everyone is afraid of the media, I feel that if they can destroy me with a sum of money, that means that I’m not good enough and have no stature.

GQ: For so many years, which person or which incident affected you the most?

A: It’s Jiang chairman. When I participated in the World 100 Chinese Interview in 1996, that’s the eve of 1997, I saw him for the first time and ask him what’s the future of Hong Kong when handed over to China? He then told me: “10 years ago you said that you are a Chinese, you would be embrassed. Do you feel better now? 10 years later, you need to tell people that you’re a Chinese and you’ll feel proud.” There is one time, around the handing over in 1997, there was an activity at the Great Hall, many artists brought along their bodyguards and assistants preparing at backstage, every artist had assistants around them, when I saw chairman Jiang walked past with his assistant, he did not have any bodyguards or people pathing the way for him, everyone kept quiet as we saw him walked past. I feel that for a great person does not need any style. Therefore this now for sometime, when we go out, security will path the way for us, a large group of people by our side, I would tell them not to be like this, it’s not good.

GQ: Peter Chan said about you: “He used 20 years, to convince those people that disbelief and dislike him. He used his determination model, he accept all film offers and get better with each film. It’s not hardworking but determination,” do you agree with what he said?

A: It doesn’t matter, whatever a person need no explaintion, this is meaningless to me, because I love my own way of living, I think I should do this this way. Take for example my singing, I could not win many people, agree? But this does not means that I lost.

GQ: With regards to the newcomers, do you have any advice for them?

A: The world is different, I feel that the artists of my generation could not give them any advice, although I’m experience, if I were to start again, I think I would lose. I feel that it’s difficult for current artists. In this current world, half of the news is heard, asked me for what advice, no choice I also don’t know how to handle it, I’m still learning.

GQ: Your method of success: work hard, hardworking, determined, correct?

A: This is a requirement, but it does not represent success.

Andy and friends

GQ: How do you look at loyalty?

A: I said it a long time ago, the friendship between friends is the same as love, it’s blind. Let say that today you are my best friend, I saw you got beaten up on the streets, I would help you beat the other person up, maybe you are in the wrong.

GQ: Are you still the same now?

A: Yes, for my friends. After beaten up the person and know that it’s your mistake, hide one corner and scold you? Therefore when you see me being beaten up by someone on the street, would you stop by to see who is in the wrong, I would not need you, I need the judge. I feel that being a friend, even I’m in the wrong, you still need to help me. This is called loyalty.

GQ: What have you learn after getting into business?

A: I learn how to lie, thus it’s not suitable for me, thus I always lose out when I’m in business.

GQ: So will you still get into business?

A: Currently it’s interest not considered as business. When you see Crazy Stone making money is not me making money, the distributor earned money. when I shoot a film I wanted to make it better and willing to spend money, but businessman will use business mentality to handle you, thus an artiste cannot become a boss.

GQ: In the world of adult, is it common to cheat each other?

A: Whom to cheat? Who you need to cheat? When you ask me something, I rather not talk about it then gave you an answer that cheat you.

Andy and media

GQ: After communicating with the media for so many years, what gave you the deepest impression?

A: First, in 200o I was nominated for Best Actor in the Hong Kong Film Awards, I was nominated 5-6 times but did not win. Before the award presentation ceremony, the reporters gave me a Best Actor award as they afraid that I won’t win again. I really won the award that time. I still kept the real and fake Best Actor award.

Second, a Taiwanese reporter asked me, he entered the trade around 30 years old, I just entered showbiz that time, he told me that he would retire and get married after seeing me become Golden Horse Film award Best Actor. After I won the Best Actor award, I release a new album, a TV station invited several reporters that had interviewed me before, he was invited, he was no longer a reporter, he gave me a present, it was the Golden Horse Film Award Best Actor winner card of that year. After the presenting guest read my name, they throw it at the backstage, he went to pick it up.

Third, I hold a concert in Hong Kong, the crew members got into a quarrel because of something, it’s just 3-4 weeks before the concert kicked off, many people decided to quit. I find each of them to settle the issue and tell them it’s tough for me. The media are my friends and know of this matter, but did not report it to let outsiders know. Until the concert, the 30 reporters came to watch my concert and it was very successful. I cried for the first time on the stage, I could not stop crying, during that time I was also very thin, the fans though I had cancer. Nobody know so many things happened in between, I really lost control when I cried and sang ‘Ying Di Wu Yong’, I sang as I cry, during break time I also did not went to change my costume, I immediately cry when I’m in the makeup room, the filming crew was worried as I told them I will go back onto the stage after I cry for a while.

Andy and fans :shilivid:

GQ: Do you need reasoning during shooting?

A: My principle: A villain must die. This would someway affect my success, but I can forgo these. In my world, the real life is more important than movies, I does not wish that my movies would affect the lives of children. Today, many children will feel that Andy Lau is right, thus when I’m a villain, I would not kill anyone without reason.

GQ: Did the Yang Lijuan incident bring any inner trouble to you?

A: I really have that time ….. actually it’s not because of her, it because of that incident, several things happened after that. that’s the only time I went to see a shrink. That time I had hundreds of phone call per day, all said that he’s (she’s) dying, I can received up to 3000 text messages saying that he(she) would die if I don’t meet them. I would tremble when phone calls came in, could not sleep. I’m afraid, I do not know when there will be another one (Yang’s father), he really passed away, at the beginning I supporting myself, I could not handle after 2 weeks. Until one night, the shrink took my phone away, told me that any problems would be his responsibility, I did not care about it, he accompany me to work every day, the people at company also chat with me, my feelings stable after 10 days.

GQ: You always does not want to talk about your marriage, is this also a problem of your heart?

A: Every person has his own attitude on life, very hard to explain why it is this way, I will say when the time is right.

GQ: Some people guess that you afraid that the fans would be unhappy, lose your audience, or…..

A: (cut short the question) If it’s this way, you have belittle Andy Lau. It’s because of other reasons, but when I feel that this reason is not the right time to tell, I would not tell. Those whom like me would know my lifestyle, other people would only interested in understand my lifestyle, it’s curious rather than concern, thus I need not explain to them.

GQ: After working hard for so many years, how you wish people would rate you when they talked about Andy Lau?

A: I need no rating.

news from: GQ first issue, October 2009, www.mtime.com

SWAGGA!!! :shocked:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2009, 03:21:31 AM »
Andy Lau, the AIDS Activist!!

Andy Lau Anti-Aids CM

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2009, 09:02:44 AM »

:lol:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2009, 12:52:06 AM »
he's a character in this game PROTOTYPE for the XBOX360
瘋狂歌迷突襲偶像

This is the best story I've heard in a long time  XD
Andy Lau lookalike is a porn star

A FEMALE porn star in Japan bears a striking resemblance to Hong Kong superstar Andy Lau.

Netizens have uploaded photographs of the porn star to the Internet recently and the pictures have moved around cyberspace.

They said the woman looks exactly like the female version of the Cantopop Heavenly King.

According to blogs, the photographs were taken from websites featuring Japanese porn stars and pornography video clips.

"It is amazing that the two people of the opposite sex could look so alike," said one blogger.

Besides Lau, also spotted appearing in the Japanese porn sites were the look-alike versions of Taiwanese pop stars Jay Chou, Angela Chang, actor Takeshi Kaneshiro and others.

SOURCE: http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/Showbiz/Story/A1Story20091119-180952.html

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2010, 11:24:38 AM »
 :cow: :cow:

Cow artwork created by HK star Andy Lau to show at CowParade

Invited by the organizing committee of the International CowParade, Andy Lau, a popular actor, singer and producer based in Hong Kong, will present his own-created cow sculpture during the 2010 Xiamen International CowParade this April to October.

The cow artwork, named “Ben”, was first created by Andy Lau for the 2009 Taipei International CowParade last February.

He said that he is an “OX” man, as he was born in the year of OX. He has made two small cow sculptures, named Andox and Heizai, when he was still a little boy, and regarded the two works as his own sons.

”I have an affinity with ox as my Chinese zodiac is ox. My first soft toy designs are also 2 oxen: Andox and Blackie, I regarded these 2 creations of mine as my sons,” said Andy Lau.

“It was my honor to be able to take part in the 2009 Taipei CowParade,” Andy said, “I just considered myself to be a big cow during the creating, and drew my two sons, Andox and Blackie, on the body of the new sculpture, they’re rushing towards the city. I named it "Ben". In Chinese, "Ben" means 3 cows together. (note: “rushing cow” means “Ben Niu” in Mandarin, the Chinese translation for CowParade)

Andy Lau’s artwork “Ben” will be displayed at the Xiamen Genshen Cultural Creative Park from 8th April to 8th October.

Translated by WOXnews.com
SOURCE Link: www.cowparade-xiamen.com

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: WINK - Eien No LADY DOLL