JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Gospellers - Shiatorikaru

Author Topic: Official Tennis Thread  (Read 96020 times)

Offline Thimas X

• I eat Jailbaits for breakfast
  • Member+
Official Tennis Thread
« Reply #200 on: January 07, 2007, 01:58:10 AM »
picture Marat Safin as a shorter female

i really don't think she can be better than her brother. Marat is a beast, he just has a bunch of mental issues and throws his racquets all over the place.

Offline Thimas X

• Member+
Official Tennis Thread
« Reply #201 on: January 12, 2007, 04:58:38 AM »
Australian Open is starting this sunday!!!!

Offline Ready2

• バカな翻訳者
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Official Tennis Thread
« Reply #202 on: January 12, 2007, 02:44:26 PM »
Quote from: Thimas X;280869
Australian Open is starting this sunday!!!!

yea and every year I fail some exams 'cos of it :)

Offline Thimas X

• Member+
Official Tennis Thread
« Reply #203 on: January 23, 2007, 02:56:19 PM »
^ have you failed any this year?

Offline edhead999

• MAJI DE!?!?!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Official Tennis Thread
« Reply #204 on: January 23, 2007, 05:27:53 PM »
Blake got eliminated :(. But Roddick ripped Fish a new one. The Roddick Federer semi-final will be a good one :D

Nacchi... kawaii XD

Offline aznanimedude

• Member+
Official Tennis Thread
« Reply #205 on: January 24, 2007, 08:27:02 AM »
it's too bad, i've always wanted to see fish go the diatance, but roddick's basically fish only better at everything.  andy murray, as much as i don't really like him (honestly XD), i admit he's gotten much better and more fit...but his stamina is still a major issue, if he gets over that a bit more, maybe work on his mental game too, he'll admittedly be quite the force to reckon with.  i want nadal to win more XD maybe cuz i play somewhat like him, i'm a lefty with major spin on the ball.  and seeing federer win match after match like that gets redundant after awhile XD.  but i have respect for him for being able to rip the ball like he does and stay #1 with the kind of racket he has, which is an awesome control racket with almost no sweet spot and basically a good bit of heft XD, not your everyday lightweight racket and definately not a beginners racket there :P.  but of course knowing reality...federer will prolly win this open...unless roddick pulls out his old self or more likely (lol) federer just has that one bad day in a million in which case...nadal will win XD (sorry roddick)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Official Tennis Thread
« Reply #206 on: January 25, 2007, 11:10:41 AM »
Roddick loses again!! Nadal lost today too so who knows who Federer will beat to win the Aussie Open.

Check out Hingis's 12 inch pythons :shock:

thx to Kosty555.info

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Official Tennis Thread
« Reply #207 on: January 25, 2007, 12:16:16 PM »
Quote from: daigong;292816
Check out Hingis's 12 inch pythons :shock:

:pen_wave: You got to love a girl with muscles! :pen_clap:

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
Official Tennis Thread
« Reply #208 on: January 25, 2007, 02:07:26 PM »
I managed to watch the 3rd set of Hingis-Clijster match. Too bad she lost. It was pretty close, though. Well, maybe it was close only because Clijster had so many unforced errors.

Offline Thimas X

• Member+
Official Tennis Thread
« Reply #209 on: January 25, 2007, 03:02:25 PM »
NOOO Roddick lost! T_T

I hope Roger Federer loses.

Serena played great yesterday against Nicole Vaidisova...who is really hot.

Offline aznanimedude

• Member+
Official Tennis Thread
« Reply #210 on: January 25, 2007, 04:41:31 PM »
GONZO FOR THE WIN
he's always been overshadowed by federer and nadal now is his chance to shine, his hard work's been paying off and he really REALLY worked his ass off to be a more complete player instead of just pounding the ball all the time, he sets up so much better

Offline Ready2

• バカな翻訳者
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Official Tennis Thread
« Reply #211 on: January 25, 2007, 05:45:42 PM »
wow this was just murder. I think Fed never gave Roddick a beating like this.
And it's even worse with all the "gap is closing" hype. Poor Rod gotta feel bad for him :(

Offline aznanimedude

• Member+
Official Tennis Thread
« Reply #212 on: January 25, 2007, 11:41:06 PM »
my take on roddick is...as long as the opponent cannot catch up to his serve roddick is unstoppable. once you throw in a half decent person in the mix who can return the serve, roddick's effectiveness is dramatically reduced.  (lol it sounds like roddick bashing but that's not really true just my take on it)
like i'm saying roddick is really good it's jsut that usually when he wins it's cuz the opponent couldn't catch his serve, once the opponent can return it well, roddick tends to be in alot of trouble

hope gonzo beats haas

Offline ew0923

• ecchi
  • Member+
Official Tennis Thread
« Reply #213 on: January 26, 2007, 04:09:53 AM »
Reckon Roddick will have nightmares about this for years to come (and it'll probably send shivers down the spine for Haas or Gonzo if they caught that game), personally it's the best tennis I have seen in my life. The way Federer returned all those 210+ km serves is quite amazing, not to mention the riduclous shot making.

Offline ober0n98

Official Tennis Thread
« Reply #214 on: January 26, 2007, 01:09:18 PM »
sampras used to have a monster serve, but he really didn't start winning until he put together a decent return.

i used to think sampras was one of the best, but now, i really gotta give it to federer. either everyone in the world sucks, or federer is that good...

Offline aznanimedude

• Member+
Official Tennis Thread
« Reply #215 on: January 26, 2007, 09:13:03 PM »
i have respect for federer after demoing his racket
that piece of crap (:P j/k) is heavy, has a small ass sweet spot...it's annoying sometimes if you don't consistently get the sweet spot, if you do then that's a different story, then it's an awesome one but it's not a beginners racket definately

now i must go i must watch gonzo beat the living crap outta haas with his pwning forehand XD

Offline djnvee

• ecchi
  • Member+
Official Tennis Thread
« Reply #216 on: January 26, 2007, 10:24:56 PM »
i wonder if gonzo can pull off beating the MAN. He totally demolished Nadal and Haas in his last matches.

The best quote from the announcers. "It will take Roddick two people to beat Federer. Roddick playin his best and Federer to play his worse" Right after she said that 6-0 set 2. Hopefully Gonzo can put up a fight.

Offline ew0923

• ecchi
  • Member+
Official Tennis Thread
« Reply #217 on: January 27, 2007, 01:02:10 AM »
The tennis that Gonzo had produced in the last four games were quite amazing and the way he destroyed Haas was almost like...Federer :P
If Gonzo can keep this up, he's got every chance, I'm really looking forward to the finals.

And also glad that it'll be a final of single-backhanders :)

Offline aznanimedude

• Member+
Official Tennis Thread
« Reply #218 on: January 27, 2007, 01:22:00 AM »
gonzo has one thing that federer doesn't have
his blazing forehand, in terms of speed and power, gonzo is superior i think
in terms of skill, federer's more consistent, that's why he's so successful (consistent with his shots which happen to be quite strong as well).  but if gonzo plays the way he's been playing against nadal and haas, then he has a chance to upset federer

Offline Thimas X

• Member+
Official Tennis Thread
« Reply #219 on: January 27, 2007, 04:07:53 AM »
GO GONZO!!!!!!!!!!

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Gospellers - Shiatorikaru