JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tsu Shi Ma Mi Re - Lingerie Shop

Author Topic: 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver THREAD [spoilers/results inside]  (Read 49199 times)

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
Re: 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver THREAD [spoilers/results inside]
« Reply #120 on: February 24, 2010, 03:20:38 AM »
Beautiful program by Nagasu. I'm impressed. This is going to be exciting.

Yu-Na hwucking!! :sex:
[/url]

Offline yossierocks

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #121 on: February 24, 2010, 05:16:11 AM »
Japan vs Korea in figure skating.. Beautiful skates by both.. But anytime a girl does that James Bond gun thing... swoon.
Worshiping Yoshizawa Hitomi since 2001

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #122 on: February 24, 2010, 05:16:38 AM »

There's nothing to say but: Hwucking Perfect. :O
[/url]

Offline Naomi

• Member+
« Reply #123 on: February 24, 2010, 06:08:26 AM »
Yay, I'm glad Ladies Figure Skating has finally started. It's the event I look forward to each Olympics. :D Mirai Nagasu's the one I've been rooting for since I saw her skate at the US Championships. She's just so darn cute. :heart: It sucks that she got 6th (I was hoping she'd place higher), but at least she made it to the next round. I was really impressed with Kim Yu-Na and Asada Mao as well, so I'm rooting for them, too. :grin:

Offline Nathan

« Reply #124 on: February 24, 2010, 06:09:55 AM »
Really great to see Joannie Rochette in third, what a great job she did. Her mom passes away on Sunday, and she does this tonight, must have been tough.

8-2 Canada over Germany!  :canada:
2 more goals for Iggy!

Stupid Babcock putting Crosby in the penalty shot. Nash earned it, let him shoot!
Bring on Russia!

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #125 on: February 24, 2010, 06:11:37 AM »
Here are the 24 skaters that qualified to the Free skate on Thursday Feb. 25, 5:00 PM PST (Don't miss it yo!)

I think they scored Rochette a bit too high (sympathy points?) and Nagasa a bit too low. Miki Ando's score was also a bit higher than I expected. I'm not a Figure skating ref tho, lol. Also fun to see the other Korean move on, when I saw her skate I was like -"wtf, is it jr. olympics?" She looks like she's 10 y/o. XD
[/url]

Offline Naomi

• Member+
« Reply #126 on: February 24, 2010, 06:15:09 AM »
I think they scored Rochette a bit too high (sympathy points?) and Nagasa a bit too low.
Yeah. I would have placed Mirai at #3 because I thought she was really good and I enjoyed her performance, plus I'm sorta biased. :lol: Plus I wasn't really watching Rochette skate. *cough* :ph43r:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #127 on: February 24, 2010, 06:33:26 AM »
Didn't realize that we (ie Canada) had gotten another Gold today.
http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic-freestyle-skiing/schedule-and-results/ladies-ski-cross-finals_frw740100ju.html

Yeah, I haven't heard of "Ski-cross" either. Apparently it's similar to snowboard cross (i.e. a bunch of skiers racing each other at the same time) and apparently it's the newest sport to be added to the Olympic roster.
VIDEO - http://www.ctvolympics.ca/video/index.html?assetid=6b64f425-285e-49b4-8125-1cbd1ebeef30

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline aznnerd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #128 on: February 24, 2010, 06:35:57 AM »
Rochette's performance was good though. And I was tearing when it was done because she was starting to cry/sob T___T
Already knew Yuna and Asada were gonna own that rink though
I'm surprised at Miki Ando's as well, didn't like it as much as I like Nagasu's and Flatt's

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #129 on: February 24, 2010, 10:15:45 AM »
...un-freakin-believable... Sven kramer, i.e. the best skater in the world got disqualified on the 10k speed skating!

His coach gave him wrong instructions and he made a wrong turn  :banghead: He would've easily won it too in an Olympic Record.

I feel really bad for the coach.. how is he ever gonna recover from this  :O2

Props to Lee for an excellent race. Amazing, he missed out on the short track selection, so he started doing longer distances in September! That's 6 month's ago and now he has gold on the 10k and silver on the 5k!

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #130 on: February 24, 2010, 11:07:17 PM »
^ HAHAHA I know, just over the line WTF. Tough break!

AW FUCKYEAH!! CANADA :canada: Good beat down of the Germans. Luongo looked aight. Nieydemeyer going in for the break!! Staal-Crosby-Iginla line looked great.

lol @ the annoouncers having to explain the "looo" Pierre McGuire working overtime, eh! GO SWISS!

RUSSIA BABY. Canada gotta keep Ovie in check. Get Nash to give him a good headshot like what he did to Jagr DAMN HOMIE! Props for him for getting back up. LIKE A MANLY MAN.

lol finally caught up = missed all the figure skating last night thanks to hockey n shizz.

EPIC!! GOOSE BUMPS!!

Joannie Rochette GO CANADA GO! :canada:

That was truly one of the most stand up plays of any athlete ... mad props for her overcoming that adversity and nailing a medal shot.  :bow: :bow:

Dunno about Mao's performance - a triple is supposed to get u on top? missed Miki Ando ...but SHIT Yuna Kim..she thicker. Damn that was a fun routine with the James Bond routine. But holy fuck. The US skater ended up with the nosebleed, they should run the Super Slow Mo cam, look at they faces go red doing those spins:

CAN'T WAIT TILL THURS!

and werd Ping. Ashley McIvor is kinda pretty lol. They had her in this long interview and she was overwhelmed watching the video replay. GOLD 4 CANADA!

Offline Nathan

« Reply #131 on: February 25, 2010, 05:35:45 AM »
Hey Canucks, good luck with Russia!

Thanks! But...we didn't need it!  :P
7-3 Canada! Go Canada Go!!! :canada::canada:

Bring on Sweden/Slovakia!!!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #132 on: February 25, 2010, 06:13:43 AM »
4 Canadian medals today!

Canada owns women's bobsleigh podium
By Kristina Rutherford, CTVOlympics.ca Posted Wednesday, February 24, 2010 11:25 PM ET

Kaillie Humphries and Heather Moyse led a one-two Canadian finish in women's bobsleigh, winning gold on Wednesday at the Whistler Sliding Centre.

Helen Upperton and Shelley-Ann Brown picked up the silver medal in the Canada 2 sled.
http://www.ctvolympics.ca/bobsleigh/news/newsid=51482.html#canada+owns+womens+bobsleigh+podium  :canada:  :canada:

Canada takes silver in women's 3,000m relay
By Sean Gordon, The Globe and Mail Posted Wednesday, February 24, 2010 7:43 PM ET

When it was over, the women in red skated around the ice arm-in-arm and waved to a frenzied home crowd, looking overjoyed and palpably relieved, satisfied and exhilarated with what looked to be a strong bronze-medal finish against the two mightiest relay teams in the world.

Jessica Gregg, a 21-year-old first-time Olympian from Edmonton, jumped into her coach's arms. Tania Vicent, a 34-year-old four-time Olympian from Laval, Que., hugged her friend and protégé, 20-year-old Marianne St-Gelais, of St-Felicien, Que., who now has two silver medals from her first Olympics (the other coming in the 500 metres, where Gregg finished a heartbreaking fourth.) Kalyna Roberge, of St-Etienne-de-Lauzon, Que., waved excitedly to her family in the stands.
http://www.ctvolympics.ca/short-track-skating/news/newsid=51401.html#canada+takes+silver+womens+000m+relay  :canada:

Hughes skates to bronze in 5,000m
By Danny Celia, CTVOlympics.ca Posted Wednesday, February 24, 2010 5:43 PM ET

Clara Hughes skated the final race of her illustrious Olympic career in style, finishing with the bronze medal in the 5,000-metres race at the Richmond Olympic Oval.

Hughes skated a time of six minutes 55.73 seconds to shatter the track record by over two seconds, set by Martina Sablikova in March, 2009.

The medal is the sixth of her career, putting her in a tie with Klassen as Canada's most decorated Olympian.

In addition to her four speed skating medals, Hughes also won a pair of medals in cycling at the Atlanta Olympics.
http://www.ctvolympics.ca/speed-skating/news/newsid=51236.html#hughes+skates+bronze+000m  :canada:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #133 on: February 25, 2010, 07:29:04 AM »
Oh shit South Korea disqualified from the gold in the Women's Short Track relay!

Close race between South Korea and China, but at the end one of the Korean skaters obviously pushed the Chinese skater. Took a while for the refs to discuss, but in the end they disqualified South Korea. Sucks for them, they already did a victory lap lol.

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #134 on: February 25, 2010, 07:36:44 AM »
U.S. won too

Stryfe and Shirenu I will be waiting for your punches :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #135 on: February 25, 2010, 08:02:01 AM »
Man, I'm getting into these hockey games.  Slovakia vs Sweden, damn good action.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #136 on: February 25, 2010, 08:15:13 AM »
AW SHIT SWEDES WTF!!!! King Henry fucking up!

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #137 on: February 25, 2010, 08:40:26 AM »
Another great finish, Swedes just couldn't connect in the end.  Glad there was no empty net goal at the end.  What IS it with those?  What a killjoy.

So Canada and the USA will get their gold medal game with the ladies.  What are the opening odds? 

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #138 on: February 25, 2010, 09:02:06 AM »
The empty net is a balls strategy to bring on the extra attacker so it's 6 on 5, creates the scramble - that's how you get goalies scoring goals on the rare occasion.

USA vs Canada Ladies is pretty tight, considering US won the last World Championships. it's gonna be a dogfight, Julie Chen looks like a woman on a mission on the power play :shocked

MAN. This is why hockey is my fave sport.

The fuck just happened? I'm still stunned man. This sets up to be a ridiculous semi-finals.

SHIT. Swedes just weren't urgent enough, even with time winding down. The goalie doesn't get pulled. Slovaks just playing keep away. HOLY SHIT.

Jagr playing out of his brains for the Czechs vs the Finns. Man. Hard to believe dude is nearly 40. Finland vs USA is gonna be a low scoring one, Kipper had one of his A Games.

BUTT FUCK. Where the fuck did that Team Canada come from? Everyone playing with the grit and grind.

Team Russia and their Green Gloved KHL Mercenaries ain't getting it done. Grebeshkov of the Oilers actually shutting down Crosby!? FUCK REALLY?

Russian players diving and getting nothing done on the power play. Ovechkin just a shadow of himself until he got his hand ripped off by that puck. Russian Coach FUCKED UP. Shoulda pulled Nabokov when it was getting 3 or 4 goals.

This was incredible. Guys who got chewed up in the press played a helluva game. Cory Perry, guy who hardly hustled for the last US goal - got a pair. Morrow grinded it out and got some cheap bounces. Drew Doughty and Dan Boyle!! FUCK! creating turnovers and getting in the minds of the "Super Offense" FUCK!!! And Luongo making ridiculous stops, esp. that one where Semin or Malkin broke loose on the breakaway. Hell I'm nervous, each goal just blew roof off!! WHAT A FEELING!! GO CANADA GO :canada:

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #139 on: February 25, 2010, 09:39:49 AM »
Swedens out from medal contention! should be an easy win to the finals!

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tsu Shi Ma Mi Re - Lingerie Shop