JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Do As Infinity - Desire

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 997347 times)

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #3320 on: January 24, 2017, 05:02:34 AM »
Started playing Arkham Knight finally.  I just don't care for the Batmobile emphasis.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #3321 on: January 27, 2017, 11:43:14 AM »
Haven't really checked out ME Andromeda.
They're removing the pause circle-thingy so it can be more actiony? I really liked pausing and thinking it out though... ain't it one of the things that separated it from other shooters.
The new crew so far look really basic. Having a wide variety of colorful/interesting characters from different races join as companions was another very ME thing. Hope more show up.

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3322 on: January 27, 2017, 06:23:57 PM »
^ it was a bit open do abuse but it was required in certain situations to give 'commands' to other team members.

I have it on pre-order (since way back when :) ) eagerly awaiting it actually as I stopped with The Division (bad experience after main game ended waiting on patches then maybe) and also not really playing Titanfall 2 (fun but to frantink) or Destiny anymore (don't feel like grinding to LL 400 from the 395 I am now)

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #3323 on: January 28, 2017, 02:48:55 AM »
Gamespot's trailer breakdown.

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #3324 on: February 04, 2017, 06:14:09 AM »
Assassin's Creed Syndicate will likely be the very last one I'll play.

I focused mostly on side content and had fun since it was like playing a mix of Grand Theft Auto and Arkham City. Then eventually I had to focus on the main story... and the game turned out one of the worst in the series.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3325 on: February 10, 2017, 11:36:13 PM »
Tried a bit of the For Honor beta there available this weekend. Really surprised me by blowing away my expectations of what the game is. It's not just a hack and slash, it's more attune to a fighting game. Special moves, combos, mix ups, cancels, it's all there. Each faction has 3 heroes each that fit certain archetypes but each character has unique abilities or perks in some way that just like in a fighting game, you have to learn your opponent and adapt on the fly to try and handle them and any strategies they have. Really interesting and I love to play it....

...That is, if I can play it. I don't think I'll buy it immediately at launch until I see what the reviews of it's online stability is because I've had so many issues of connectivity issues and disconnections. I really hope it's stable otherwise people are just going to drop this game pretty quick if the online doesn't work. The P2P matchmaking doesn't help either, I've had a few instances where someone will leave a 4v4 game mid-match and everyone gets disconnected as a result. If that's the way they've designed the game then that's a harder issue to fix. Fingers crossed it's sorted.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #3326 on: March 19, 2017, 03:29:08 AM »
Still playing Batman Arkham Knight.  I know the Batmobile was supposed to be this great innovation, but I hate the damn thing.

Offline maruda

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3327 on: March 22, 2017, 02:15:06 AM »
ME Andromeda's characters still have soulless eyes.
I venerate ample posteriors and, furthermore, I am unable to fabricate information.

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #3328 on: March 27, 2017, 07:51:54 AM »
 :welcome
607 m longest shot  :D Ghost Recon Wildlands  :thumbup

(wearing a blue mask for Nacky  :heart: )

EDIT:

https://beam.pro/SkepticaLxCynic

my Beam channel - I'm streaming now, playing R6 Siege
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 06:11:02 AM by john_hung »

Offline maruda

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3329 on: March 30, 2017, 11:58:58 AM »
Whoo!!! A new Fire Pro Wrestling game! In my opinion, the best pro-wrestling video game franchise. It shits all over the Smackdown series when it comes to customization.

I venerate ample posteriors and, furthermore, I am unable to fabricate information.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #3331 on: April 05, 2017, 09:50:15 PM »
some gameplay captures from the past couple days

this one was captured by my friend, but I was also playing as it was a co-op mission

these are all just myself

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #3332 on: April 14, 2017, 07:26:02 PM »
BroBible.com - Nintendo Is Bringing The NES Classic BACK And It’s Going To Be 30x More Awesome (Release Date, Games, More)
- http://brobible.com/gear/article/nintendo-nes-classic-edition-games-dates/
- https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/753559995849990144

IGN.com - Nintendo Discontinues the NES Classic Edition
- http://ca.ign.com/articles/2017/04/13/nintendo-discontinues-the-nes-classic-edition

So........Nintendo offers a system that is in high demand, that people WANT to buy, and they turn around and say "No thanks, keep your money, we're not going to make any more."   :?

Not sure if this was a decision made by a really short-sighted idiot or if Nintendo is trying to create even MORE demand for the NES Classic so that they can "change their mind" in the future and "re-release" it (with an increased price tag, no doubt).

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3334 on: April 20, 2017, 09:02:44 PM »
Considering what happened with the stock of the NES Mini, I would try and get one on Day One if I really wanted it.

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #3335 on: April 21, 2017, 10:26:13 AM »
I finally ordered a Razer Wildcat controller  :twothumbs I loved my Razer Sabertooth for the 360. I was torn between getting this first or getting an Elgato game capture device - I have no problem using the Xbox game dvr, I just wish it would record for longer than 10 minutes (30 minutes would be nice). But I'm enjoying making gaming vids  :D

EDIT: the Wildcat arrived already (only took one day ftw). It's just as great as the sabertooth but with the addition of trigger stops (you literally just touch the trigger and it activates  :O2 ) and it comes with a Squid Grips-type foamy stick-on grip things. The only thing the Sabertooth had that this doesn't is on the Sabertooth you could adjust the thumbstick sensitivity indepentantly, whilst the Wildcat doesn't have any thumbstick adjustments at all - not a problem though. It's a tad larger than the normal Xbox One S controller though, so I've got to get used to using it but that's to be expected.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 05:50:07 PM by john_hung »

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #3336 on: April 25, 2017, 11:30:41 PM »
https://beam.pro/SkepticaLxCynic - check it out  :thumbsup

from my most recent gaming sessions (4/29 & 4/30)

also I just bought a Razer Kraken Pro headset (40mm driver version). They sound good out of the box, looking forward to hearing them once they've been properly burned in. The pads are nice and thick, really comfortable  :D (UPDATE - They're pretty bass-heavy despite being open-back (or semi-open at least), and according to my friend, the mic sounded muffled at least over the phone, not sure how it sounds on the xbox - of course they were only 42 dollars, so I wasn't expecting too much)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 02:04:22 AM by john_hung »

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #3337 on: May 10, 2017, 01:59:51 AM »
the Forza Horizon 3 Hot Wheels expansion is pretty fuckin' fun  :thumbup

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #3338 on: May 12, 2017, 07:03:21 PM »

Completed with 100% health  :twothumbs
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 07:12:40 PM by john_hung »

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #3339 on: May 15, 2017, 12:40:04 PM »
I hadn't heard of this console till a couple weeks ago, so of course I had to order one:

It's a Sony PlayStation TV! It's tiny. When you plug the cables into it it doubles in size. It's basically a PlayStation Vita without a screen you connect to a TV with HDMI. It doesn't even come with a controller - you can use PS3 or PS4 controllers with it (hence the dusty PS3 controller I had to dig up). I don't own a Vita so a good chance for me to check out it's games - you can also play all the downloadable Vita/PSP/PSone/minis games on it and remote play from a PS4, and it plays physical Vita games, too.

I got TxK which is a damn excellent game. It's basically the next version of Tempest from Jeff Minter. Really loving it, and glad to be able to play on a big screen and speakers:

Also got Muramasa Rebirth, which looks utterly fantastic.

The PS-TV came with 3 free download games which I haven't tried yet though.

Chihiro

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Do As Infinity - Desire