JPHiP Radio (30/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo - Gips

Author Topic: [Discuss] Changing opinions about members  (Read 22400 times)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
[Discuss] Changing opinions about members
« on: February 03, 2006, 12:54:38 PM »
Please name as many H!P members as possible and feel free to explain!

Which members...

You didn't notice at first, but have now become one of your faves?

You didn't like (or even hated) at first, but like a lot now?

Were your favourites at first (I mean the first time you saw them, the very first impression), but aren't even close to your top 10 or 15 anymore?

Are there any members who only recently (e.g. during the last 2 months) grabbed your attention due to some new release, tv show, a concert etc.?

Or have none of your opinions changed? o_O

I'm curious to hear about these changes, not so much about who you liked or disliked from the start.

I'll reply in a separate post :P
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline type0-

• Member+
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 01:17:28 PM »
yurina. at first i thought she looked weird i guess. now shes just gotten really pretty.

niigaki same reason as yurina.

Were your favourites at first (I mean the first time you saw them, the very first impression), but aren't even close to your top 10 or 15 anymore?
kago, tsuji, matsuura, fujimoto. i thought kago and tsuji were adorable when they were younger. now they are eh. matsuura and fujimoto just annoy me now for varying reasons.

Are there any members who only recently (e.g. during the last 2 months) grabbed your attention due to some new release, tv show, a concert etc.?
no one really though takahashis pb has shown me how hotttttttt she has become

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 01:30:30 PM »

Maybe Rika and Reina. I can't remember when I really started liking Rika - I read some great posts about her personality that made me realize how awesome she is, so I think that made me notice her. But it really took a while until I started paying attention to her. And Reina - she was just one of "the newest members", and I also became a hardcore H!P fan during the period when Reina had very little spotlight in singles etc. But yeah, she's cool.

Well, Sayumi, and all H!P kids before I got into them... And then Momoko and Risako after I got to know them. Sayu has totally brainwashed me. I used to think she's not even cute so even the only thing she had going for her wasn't really working. But then I actually started finding her cute and now I love her. Her singing still sucks, but like I've said before, it's so bad it's good. The badness gives it entertainment value.. Kind of like really bad movies can still be fun :lol:

I used to hate Momoko's voice and I thought she looked like an old man sometimes. There was just nothing about her that I liked. But it has completely changed, she's my favourite Berryz member now. Risako I used to dislike because I thought she was waaayyy overrated, and I still do to some extent - but she really is very cute and I like her now.

The first members I noticed were Aibon, Sayaka, Konno, Yuko and Kaori... And none of them are my top favourite members anymore. :D The interest I had for Aibon was superficial and so her personality never drew me enough to make her one of my faves. Koi no dance site was my first and only PV for months (because I didn't have internet) and I loved Sayaka... But then I found out she's not there anymore, so that ended there. I can't remember when I started liking Konno, but I did. I still love her, but I just love others more. Haha. And Kaori I found pretty at first, but that interest faded pretty quickly.

Yuko was actually who I really got into at first. She was so hot hosting the news section in HM with Konno and Makoto. Thanks to her I got into old school Morning Musume so fast. Too bad it also made me notice Nacchi (Pinch Runner :heart: ) and Yuko went bye bye. Because she doesn't release stuff, I've lost a lot of interest in her... Even if I still love her voice and character.

I can't think of anything now. :D

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 02:03:21 PM »
Hmm...it wasn't like I didn't notice them, more like I didn't really care about them... Sayu and Reina.

Her. But not a lot, just a little.

I don't know how high would they rank, but I don't really care for Miki and Yossie now.

Some non-Momo Berryz members like Yurina, Risako and maybe Maasa. And, yeah, her.

Quote from: shirenu
I can't remember when I really started liking Rika

Maybe it was when you...nevermind.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 03:28:47 PM »
Quote from: tama-chan

Quote from: shirenu
I can't remember when I really started liking Rika

Maybe it was when you...nevermind.

...It was earlier than that. o_o

Offline Linus

• Member+
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 04:01:25 PM »
Risako, because I also didn't pay attention to Berryz until 4th single Happiness.

Rika! Amazing, huh? Wait for the next answer...
Maki! ^LOL Yeah, this is the truth. Both are kind of a trauma in my H!P newbie time. People was blaming Yossie for having extra-weight and praising Rika reasonless. I also had no reason to hate Rika (aside of her voice, that has improved within the years), but the only fact of Rika-fans blaming Yossie made me hate Rika for a while. (But she was still in my heart) LOL Don't hit me. It was a non-voluntary hate xD Same with Maki. People was bitching on Aya, so, only to fuck that people, I put my self on Aya's side and I started to bitch on Maki, against who I had nothing. God, what times were those! xD Thanks God, all this belongs to the past. I spread IshiYoshi love like Maria spread Jesus word, and I stopped bitching on Maki someday I can't remember. I never did it in a bad intention. It was all revenge? 90%. Fact is that, indeed, Rika and Maki were never among my favorites, but some day... HA! both appeared in my top. Probably because of sexyness.

No one. I know which people can stay by my side :lol:

Anything recently.
I love Kaori thanks to her Mediterranean music, not thanks to MM or TPP.
I would have never listened to Berryz, but I did it thanks to Happiness and Risako, who is happiness herself.

Whatever else...
Makoto, Risa, Eri and Reina had their spotlight time on my fandom. Now only Reina stands in there.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2006, 04:02:14 PM »

Eri. At first she was kinda like Konno, a weird and shy girl but then she got the HM news gig and that finally established her character. Suddenly the quiet girl who was always in the background became the best thing since Charmy and one of the most entertaining members. She's still one of the most entertaining MM members on HM.

Yui. I hated her when I saw her for the first time. She was the worst newbie ever and she couldn't even talk. I didn't even find her attractive at all back then. But then she learned how to talk and started showing off her boobs :P
Nobody in H!P has improved as much as Yui in only one year.

Miki. Her anti-idol gimmick just got boring and lame. If I wanna see anti-idol shit I'm gonna start following fucking Britney or something :lol:

Maki. DEF. DIVA made me like Maki more. She looked and sounded stunning.

Quote from: tama-chan

Aya Matsuura. But not a lot, just a little.

Some non-Momo Berryz members like Yurina, Risako and maybe Maasa. And, yeah, Aya Matsuura.

Fixed :)

Jabronisaur

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2006, 07:54:18 PM »
Yaguchi was and still is one of my favorite members. But until she...you know...I never really noticed Konno. She was almost invisible to my Mari-centric vision at the time.  But know, of course, I'm all about Konkon.

Funny thing is, I got into MM because of Maki, but after a while she seemed so dull and stuck-up I couldn't stand her, that's when I noticed Mari. And her indifferent attitude about leaving MM really made me hate her. But after a few Utabons and some solo interviews I started to see some personality. Of course I always thought she was hot, but kind blah too. Now I really like her and enjoy seeing her perform.

Well when the 5th gen first appeared, I had such high hopes for makoto. But she really disapointed me. I find almost nothing remarkable about her, and I don't  really like her at all.

Eri! After Days and her Dokyu special.....I find I really look forward to seeing more of her.

Offline Redturtle

• Taro Lover, Strawberry Hater
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2006, 11:33:47 PM »
Konno. I would watch a performance not knowing that she even existed in there, but thanks to Gatas I'm really rooting for her now.

Takahashi; but I started to like her not long after I became a fan, so.. yeah.

Kaori. It was Kaori that got me into H!P, but I don't even download her albums now.

MKB. They were awesome in the HPP concert that I regretted not checking them out earlier on. And now that group is almost dead!!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2006, 01:01:05 AM »
I'd have to say Eri would be the closest to fitting in here. At first I barely noticed her. She was like an afterthought.  I liked it when she started opening up more and became more comfortable to be not so shy in front of the camera.

Before, I couldn't stand MKB. Wouldn't listen to any of their songs or watch anything in which they made an appereance (usually I'd just skip over their parts).  Can't really explain it, but I just couldn't stand them. I started to like Shibata after the IshiShiba Futarigoto and I guess, over time, I've been more and more open-minded and willing to check out their songs and stuff than I used to be.

Can't say that I can think of anyone for this one.

Again, MKB. Specifically their acapella perfs and the EROS perf with Ayaya on the HAROPURO PARTY 2005 - MATSUURA AYA CAPTAIN KOUEN DVD really impressed me.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Chatin

• Miki's Idol
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2006, 01:26:05 AM »
Kamei Eri was just that other sixth gen girl, but after the hair cut, she has just flew up my rankings.  I actually forgot Risa was part of Morning Musume for a while there, but then I was part of the JPM Sakura vs Otome karaoke sing off, and I did Risa's parts in Hare Ame Nochi Suki (all two lines).  It was then that I suddenly started to notice her and she FLEWWWWW up my rankings.

Matsuura Aya.  My first impressions of Ayaya were from a clip where "Princess Ayaya" was showing off some robot thing on a variety show.  The next clip I watched was her being locked into a booth that she was supposed to escape from (locks everywheres), and then the booth burst into flames and fell a couple stories and scared the crap out of the Morning Musume members.  And then she ran out and laughed at how she fooled them.  They all thought she was dead, and she was just laughing.

But after I listened to her X3 album, the seed was planted, and slowly and surely I begin to like her a little more and a little more.  Her constant ballads from that point on were an obstacle to my liking her, but her concerts just blew me away.  She is so entertaining in concert.  More so than any other artist in H!P.

This sort of goes back and forth.  At first I really like Nacchi, Rika, and Maki, but at some times I hate them so much.. they really fall to the bottom of my list.  But then they do something to rise back up.  Right now.. hmm... No one right now.

Koharu has had my attention for the past nine months, but I still love her more and more everyday (almost).  The one that really made me love her recently, though, is Chinami.  I never really noticed her all that much before, but watching the concerts and PVs in these past few months, I've just become a huge fan of her.  She's my current favorite Berryz member.  I do wish she would grow her hair out to her Fighting Pose-style again, though.

Offline Princess Pudding

• Member+
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2006, 01:43:11 AM »
Hmm... Miuna. I noticed a lot of girls, so I don't think I ever thought, "Her?" But I don't remember paying any attention or hearing about Miuna when she first joined. I started liking her a lot within the last year. Kei, too.

Rika and Kago  :lol:  I didn't like Rika for some reason that I don't even remember. Probably her voice. I think Kago was the same reason. I wasn't a big high pitched voiced person, but both are probably in my top 15 H!P members, if higher.  :P  

Yossi :P I remember thinking her "Yoshite, Yoshite" was so soothing and Gackt-melty-like. I think I liked her guy look (one of the first PVs I saw was Mr. Moonlight) b/c it was really cool, but now, I can't stand her voice let alone her personality...

Umeda, Chisato, and Kei. I've been looking into things Kei's been doing the last few months... and really noticed her. She's amazing. My conclusion  :lol:  For Umeda and Chisato... Well, the two aren't that good looking compared to a lot of the other girls, but their voices are :o I'm extremely impressed by Chisato especially since she's what... 10? 11? Umeda just has an awesome voice that I think sounds like Miyabi as I've recently discovered with the FC event recordings tama posted  :D

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2006, 02:25:08 AM »

Definately Takahashi

Risa I guess, I never really disliked her, but more like didn't care. I guess I hated Sayumi at first, but now I like her, but she's still near the bottom of my list. :P

Nacchi has dropped lots in my rankings, but it's not I like her any less than I did before, I just like others more.

Well, there's Berryz, and Ayaya. Berryz have good songs which I used to avoid, because I'm not into the little kids. <_<  Ayaya used to annoy the hell out of me, but she's really grown alot and I've gained alot of respect for her.

Offline Loki!

• Miki's Nonexistent Bitch
  • Member+
Re: [Discussion] Changing opinions about members
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2006, 03:25:24 AM »
1) Miki. At first, I was a Maki slut, but I slowly noticed Miki and turned.... into what I am today. :oops:

2) I didn't like Nakazawa quite a lot apparently... well, until I saw her on HMs that is.  :lol:

3) Not really, my first favorites are still at my top ten. Just overtaken by Miki and a few others.

4) Aya Matsuura. She is HOT.

Too hot...

Offline JTRIX

• Looking for Green Kame
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2006, 04:27:28 AM »
Satoda Mai and Miura. At first I have not idea who they are, and that goes to Country Musume as well. But due to Gatas, and performances in concerts I'm starting to like both girls. Mai is those hot-type girls and Miura is those kawaii-type girls.

Yuko... when I first know MM it was the beginning of JKM (actually I then realize I know MM from a long time by the Japanese girls in my school performing 3-nin Matsuri's "Chu! Natsu Party"
Anyway when I first saw Yuko (in H!M as host) I thought "why the heck is there a old woman in a JPOP group full of young girls?" But as later I know more about Yuko I start knowing how important she is in H!P and her charm/sexy as a 30+ woman!

Kaori... at first she was ok for me but then as I watch more shows with her in it (either old H!M, old Utaban, etc.) I starting to feel she's sometimes too annoying.

Eriri :heart: at first I don't have a favour of her (either than thinking "oh... she has long hair, she's cute!") But as later I watch her on Maido Ari, Musume DOKYU, H!M, etc. she started to attract me her. Not just because she looks great but also her personality. The weird, foolishness, and funny characters of her! :heart:
The 5 beams: Sexy Beam, Mayuge Beam/Akabiman Beam, Miracle Beam, and Usa-Chan Beam

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2006, 04:36:18 AM »

Konno :heart:

Says it all right there.

Mari.

Tsuji and Kago.

Well, Makoto's new hair style is doing a lot for her, but...

Takahashi's PB-DVD blew me away.

Offline Zero_

• Member+
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2006, 04:41:18 AM »

Definietly Miki, Ogawa and Nakazawa. I think it happened whilst watching Hello! Morning and seeing how their personality is really unique. Miki is really out goign and both Ogawa and Nakazawa are hilarious.

Aya Matsuura. I'm a little late, but I recently heard Zutto Sukide Iidesuka and Yuujou Jou Karubi and those are some awesome songs. She's probably my most favourite H!P artist.

I still love Reina and still think Yossie is a man :lol:

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2006, 06:39:32 AM »
Risa mostly.. when i first started watching, i never really noticed her except she always had very large earrings on lol. but after watching a lot of old stuff, i just couldnt escape how cuuuuuuute she is~

nono and aibon... i thought they were just annoying kids, but i looooove them now, especially aibon. to quote masa, Kago is the man!

i don't think so... like the first week or two i got into h!p, takahashi was my favorite... she's moved down the list, but she hasnt fallen that hard...

i like kaori a lot more than when i first started... but i dont think it was due to any one thing... she just grew on me

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline tamm

• °C-ute project!
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2006, 06:51:47 AM »
like everyone said  :o

I think Eri is the one who extremely changed !! :w00t:

Offline BakHamNoi

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: [Discussion] Changing opinions about members
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2006, 09:49:32 AM »
Which members...

Reina.....because.....i can't remember :P

Kago Ai, the first time i saw her, i didnt like her, i was like "wtf is this fat girl" :P no< she's in my top5~10

hmmm none...my favs at first was Ai, Miki, Rika and this threesome is my top3

Takahashi Ai PB, i love her more :P (100% love to 200%)

JPHiP Radio (30/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo - Gips