^Awesome! I love when people bump old threads with interesting content
1. Masuda Yuka: I think we all agree she has a great singing voice. I think her senbatsu election ranking is explained by her not being a typical idol. She's really mature. I'm glad she has the musical gig now and I feel she has a promising career ahead of her.
2. Takahashi Minami: She has done some epic performances and she definitely adds some power to AKB48's sound. However, personally I'm not that big a fan of her 'timbre'.
3. Kashiwagi Yuki: Love her warm and soothing voice. Amazing such a sound can come from her tiny frame. Great voice, but her voice doesn't always sooth the song.
6. Iwasa Misaki: She has already improved a lot this past year and she's still super young. She beat Yuka in that AKBingo Diva battle at the time, and I think she can achieve her level or even surpass her when she'll be Yuka's age. Amazing talent.
10. Yokoyama Yui: Love her talking voice and singing voice as well. Nice new flavor in the NMB sound. When she sings solo she barely uses vibrato, which might indicate a lack of technique? Still great to listen to her.
11. Miyazaki Miho: Yeah, no. She can be great in some songs, but she can also sound really, really bad in other songs. Prime example would be that performance at the Karaoke festival.
13. Kasai Tomomi: Totally underrated. I hope she can show of her skills in that upcoming solo debut!
15. Kuramochi Asuka: Don't agree with this one either. In fact, I'd place Mocchi around Akicha level when it comes to vocal skills. In French Kiss' more uptempo songs she sounds so weak. Her strength lies within slower paced songs in which she can sound good.
Thank you for the appreciation!
1. Yuka (First places I heard her voice: MARIA, Blue Rose, Stargazer, the AKBingo Diva Battle)
Yuka is simply flawless. What I really love about her voice is how soulful it is. She was the first AKB48 girl to really evoke an emotional response within me through her singing. She certainly deserves to rank higher in the elections, and I really hope that she can make herself a career outside of AKB.
2. Takamina (Bird, Seifuku ga Jama wo suru, Majijo Teppen Blues solo, Blue Rose shuffle, RIVER, Itoshisa no Accel)
Speaking of "voices coming from a tiny frame", 148 cm Takahashi definitely has a powerful voice. I can easily distinguish her singing easily from among the AKB members. I love the deep, almost boyish sound of her voice so much! Whenever she has solo or duet lines in a single or b-side it seems to become one of my favorites.
3. Yukirin (Temodemo no Namida, Mushi no ballad shuffle)
Writing this reminds me how little I actually have heard of Yukirins voice. But what I have listened to I have loved... Lovely and melodious, not as deep as Takamina's or Sayaka's voice, but not high-pitched either.
4. Sayaka (Blue rose, Mushi no ballad, Kimi wa Pegasus, Flying Get (her voice was very distinctive in that song), DiVA singles)
My Team K oshimen! Words cannot express how much I love Sayaka, and her voice as well. She is a vocal powerhouse, just like Takamina. Her singing voice is deep. Raw power was what I first thought when I heard Mushi no Ballad. While it seemed just a bit rough around the edges, her emotional delivery was unparalleled, even (in my opinion) when Masuda sung this song.
5. Sato Natsuki (16nin Shimai no Uta, Kimi wa pegasus)
I haven't heard much of Natsuki's voice, other than her excellent performance in Kimi wa Pegasus (though no one can outshine Sayaka in that song). But I'm sure that Nacchi has some skills.
6. Iwasa Misaki (AKBingo Diva Battle, Mujineki)
Our enka princess! She has such a gorgeous voice. I'm a bit surprised Nacchi ranked above her... Her single was beautiful and haunting, and during the Diva Battle her voice was lovely and soothing. But I really think Masuda deserved first place, or at least getting to the final round...
7. Katayama Haruka (Junjou Shugi, Itoshiki Natasha, AKBingo Diva Battle)
Haachan's talent is vastly underrated, and I'm so happy that my new Team B oshimen is recognized for her skill. The very first I heard of her voice is a video posted in Haachan's thread, which displays her flawless vibrato. She has the voice of an angel, and an incredible sense of rhythm!