JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Arashi - Cool & Soul

Author Topic: (Group) Ebisu Muscats  (Read 1828591 times)

Offline kei_sensei

• Just an ordinary (Muscat) journalist
  • Member+
  • Writer. Journalist. MUSCATeer.
Re: (Group) Ebisu Muscats
« Reply #6500 on: May 04, 2017, 03:23:34 AM »
The beginning segment is like your horrors came to life...

and this is my sentiments

Speaking of horrors, Natsume's "horror" came to life in a form of emerging of her alter ego, Dongori-bancho (nice work, Tamori)

Offline ball7

• Member+
« Reply #6501 on: May 04, 2017, 10:28:01 PM »

BTW, did anybody notice that they must have shoot the last episode very recently. Due to the reference to recent publication of the scans, but also that Ichy was shown with her new haircut.

Offline kei_sensei

• Member+
« Reply #6502 on: May 05, 2017, 02:20:36 PM »

Offline PhantomJin

• Listening to Japanese music and watching Pro Wrestling
  • Member+
« Reply #6503 on: May 05, 2017, 11:26:35 PM »
The beginning segment is like your horrors came to life...

Speaking of horrors, Natsume's "horror" came to life in a form of emerging of her alter ego, Dongori-bancho (nice work, Tamori)
Err.... I was kinda OK with that. Guess I have a mild MILF fetish... I really felt bad for Hanami, though. She always seems to be mentally strong but she looked really sad here :cry:

More lovely Pikachu themed costumes. This time from Kirara :inlove:

Oh! Today is Yuki's Birthday!! She became 25 years old. She shared some drinks with Hanami and Riku. Happy Birthday to her :twothumbs (side note: gotta love the Duck Face expression)

Offline ball7

• Member+
« Reply #6504 on: May 06, 2017, 12:52:20 AM »

Offline kei_sensei

• Member+
« Reply #6505 on: May 06, 2017, 05:48:40 AM »
Happy birthday to that "Hotter than a Tom Yam and More kick than a Thai Kick" Yuki Yoshizawa...

I think I liked her as time goes by. She has her uniqueness.

Offline ball7

• Member+
« Reply #6506 on: May 06, 2017, 01:26:06 PM »
I want the show to feature more behind the scenes stuff - things not dictated by an editor.
Let the girls be themselves - let them hang out like friends.

Offline ikari456

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6507 on: May 06, 2017, 03:30:32 PM »
I went to two of Muscats' live concerts in Shibuya this week.

I have to say it was a lot more entertaining than the live shows last year. The biggest difference was the increase in repertoire in my opinion. Now they don't have to perform the same songs over and over again (last year they would sing sexy beach honey moon at least 3 times in 1 show) or beat the same joke to death (which is what I don't like about Maccoi, he tends to use the jokes he likes over and over again. In some shows he would use the same joke as much as 5 times, even the funniest joke is not funny anymore after you have seen it 3 times already in the past 5 minutes!) as much anymore. I liked the show on Wednesday more than the one on Thursday because I think the members on Wednesday were better at firing up the crowd. I think Kawakami Nanami is the best at this within the group, she really knows how to control the pace. In contrast, Asuka Kirara tends to drag things on for a bit too long, which kind of kill the fun a bit. I was extremely impressed with Minato Riku's professionalism and determination as she performed with two broken ribs, but you couldn't tell by her performance that she was in pain.

The new song, Jumping Bee, is a nice song at live concert as it gets the crowd involved. Bakyaro is also a good song live. Overall, I liked the concerts, even though I think there are still room for improvement. For example, they used the same hentai joke by Aoi Tsukasa 3 times (similar to the one shown early in this week's show), which is one time too many in my opinion, there is only so much I want to know about what she does with cucumber and asses.

I bought two of their albums along with some photos, so I could shake the members' hands and take a group picture together with them.

Can't believe my bad luck in getting two subu photos  :( I still don't like the CD design and the Japanese fans I talked to at the concert all said they don't like it either and thought is was a dumb idea. I would personally love to see them do a CD design like the new Nogizaka album that will be released later this month (they are the it group right now in Japan, pretty much can't go anywhere without seeing them now a days). I think Muscats members would look great in dresses and a stylish photo. I am sure it will attract the attention of common people a lot more than the ones that Muscats came up with. It probably would help sell a few more albums to common idol fans, the Muscats can really use some help as their album came in at a dismal 78th place on the weekly Oricon album charts. I guess it shouldn't come as a huge surprise since most Muscats fans buy the album at live concert instead of CD shops to get a chance to shake hands with the members and good luck trying to draw casual fans with that design work. 

I want the show to feature more behind the scenes stuff - things not dictated by an editor.
Let the girls be themselves - let them hang out like friends.
Totally agree with you, but I don't think the control freak that is Maccoi will allow it to happen. He was quoted several times in interviews that the first thing he does is break the girls' spirit so they wouldn't try anything by themselves, but would instead follow his directions because the girls "aren't funny at all by themselves". This is why capable girls like Mihiro hated him and couldn't leave fast enough. If you ask me, I don't think Maccoi's jokes are all that funny at all.

Offline ball7

• Member+
« Reply #6508 on: May 06, 2017, 05:08:16 PM »
I knew about Riku's ribs. But not how it happned.

Offline kei_sensei

• Member+
« Reply #6509 on: May 06, 2017, 05:23:54 PM »
Well, that is Maccoi for ya. He can be a good manager...but he can also be stubborn.

Well, anyway...I wish I could graduate fast and go to Japan and visit the concerts/events or whatevs.

Offline Tetsujin 28

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6510 on: May 07, 2017, 01:18:47 AM »
Wow, thanks for the concert review, Ikari456.

I have seen (on YT) Kawakami performing without the Muscats (including with a jazz group) and really enjoyed it.
She gives her stage performances 100% effort.

I like Minato Riku's AV stuff, so I have a soft spot for her.

Bad luck about the Subu photos...that's the kind of thing that would happen to me.  :lol:

Sounds like old 'Macaroni' doesn't have much confidence in the girls' comedy skills.

Some Muscats can be funny on their own. Kaho's 'KasumiRadio/TV proved that.

And that stuff about 'Macaroni' breaking their spirits, that's pretty typical Japanese boss stuff.

The repetitive joke thing: I have posted before about how the 2008-13 series suffered from that problem.
An episode would basically have one joke that was repeated over and over again.
If it was a good joke, that was OK. If it was a weak joke to start with, it got really boring.
I suppose the girls just don't have the time to rehearse what they're going to do on the program.
Without rehearsal time, it has to be kept very simple. 
I wish Macaroni would give the girls a chance to just goof around. I think he would get some funny stuff.
But, clearly, that's just not going to happen. :(

Offline kei_sensei

• Member+
« Reply #6511 on: May 07, 2017, 03:29:35 AM »
Sae Kanzaki and Kirara Asuka "1-UP-ing" the fans in an event

Offline kei_sensei

• Member+
« Reply #6512 on: May 07, 2017, 03:37:37 AM »
two of my favorite things combined in this pic, Muscats and Bread!

Offline ikari456

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6513 on: May 07, 2017, 10:18:07 AM »
She broke them while coughing.

Wow, thanks for the concert review, Ikari456.

I have seen (on YT) Kawakami performing without the Muscats (including with a jazz group) and really enjoyed it.
She gives her stage performances 100% effort.

I like Minato Riku's AV stuff, so I have a soft spot for her.

Bad luck about the Subu photos...that's the kind of thing that would happen to me.  :lol:

Sounds like old 'Macaroni' doesn't have much confidence in the girls' comedy skills.

Some Muscats can be funny on their own. Kaho's 'KasumiRadio/TV proved that.

And that stuff about 'Macaroni' breaking their spirits, that's pretty typical Japanese boss stuff.

The repetitive joke thing: I have posted before about how the 2008-13 series suffered from that problem.
An episode would basically have one joke that was repeated over and over again.
If it was a good joke, that was OK. If it was a weak joke to start with, it got really boring.
I suppose the girls just don't have the time to rehearse what they're going to do on the program.
Without rehearsal time, it has to be kept very simple. 
I wish Macaroni would give the girls a chance to just goof around. I think he would get some funny stuff.
But, clearly, that's just not going to happen. :(
Thanks!

Totally agree that some girls can be funny on their own, and yes, Maccoi is just like your typical Japanese boss alright. If anything, working with Japanese people for the past year or so have taught me that they can be stubborn and resistant to changes, especially the old guards, it's either their way or the high way. Can't agree more about how boring it can get if the repetitive joke isn't very good, it is like move on already!

Minato Riku is my favourite member in current Muscats, not far behind my all time favourites of Kizaki Jessica and Kijima Airi. Here are some photos I took at her events that I was able to attend.

Offline ball7

• Member+
« Reply #6514 on: May 07, 2017, 11:57:10 AM »

So that is what they are calling it nowadays

Offline kei_sensei

• Member+
« Reply #6515 on: May 07, 2017, 02:07:42 PM »

Wait...that is imposible..how come she broke a couple of ribs by coughing?

:?

Offline ball7

• Member+
« Reply #6516 on: May 07, 2017, 03:00:56 PM »

Maybe she got brittle bones.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 03:41:03 PM by ball7 »

Offline ikari456

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6517 on: May 07, 2017, 04:28:51 PM »

We are getting a little off topic now, but it is definitely possible to break a rib from coughing. Every time you cough, it puts stress on the rib cage and muscle around it and causes damage. If you look it up on the internet, you would know that it happens more often than you think.

"Broken ribs are most commonly caused by direct impacts — such as those from motor vehicle accidents, falls, child abuse or contact sports. Ribs also can be fractured by repetitive trauma from sports like golf and rowing or from severe and prolonged coughing"

Offline PhantomJin

• Listening to Japanese music and watching Pro Wrestling
  • Member+
« Reply #6518 on: May 07, 2017, 05:45:04 PM »
Sae Kanzaki and Kirara Asuka "1-UP-ing" the fans in an event
That looks like a very fun event. Kirara and Sae have a strong friendship together. The girls look awesome cosplaying as Super Mario characters :inlove:

Speaking about events, Shiori did a musical performance with Anri. It is nice to see Anri's still in touch with some of the Muscats members :)

I went to two of Muscats' live concerts in Shibuya this week.

I have to say it was a lot more entertaining than the live shows last year. The biggest difference was the increase in repertoire in my opinion. Now they don't have to perform the same songs over and over again (last year they would sing sexy beach honey moon at least 3 times in 1 show) or beat the same joke to death (which is what I don't like about Maccoi, he tends to use the jokes he likes over and over again. In some shows he would use the same joke as much as 5 times, even the funniest joke is not funny anymore after you have seen it 3 times already in the past 5 minutes!) as much anymore. I liked the show on Wednesday more than the one on Thursday because I think the members on Wednesday were better at firing up the crowd. I think Kawakami Nanami is the best at this within the group, she really knows how to control the pace. In contrast, Asuka Kirara tends to drag things on for a bit too long, which kind of kill the fun a bit. I was extremely impressed with Minato Riku's professionalism and determination as she performed with two broken ribs, but you couldn't tell by her performance that she was in pain.
That's awesome ikari456! Thanks for sharing your experience with us! I'm glad you got to see the Muscats :twothumbs I wanted to see them live too but sadly they didn't have any concerts scheduled in February and I couldn't afford for a longer stay. I met some of the girls at separate events though. And Wow, Riku's great! I'm liking her more and more :inlove: Side note: if by chance you happen to meet AiLi at some day please say "Hi" for me :)

So, is the album worth purchasing? I'm planning to order it but still I'm not so sure. Import costs are very high here where I live... Backyaro is a very good song but I haven't listened to Jumping Bee yet.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 09:44:51 AM by PhantomJin »

Offline kei_sensei

• Member+
« Reply #6519 on: May 08, 2017, 05:29:01 AM »
Speaking of AiLi, here she is with her energetic drive in a live event..

JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Arashi - Cool & Soul