JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: hitomi - yume hakonda randoseru

Author Topic: (Group) Ebisu Muscats  (Read 1830537 times)

Offline Tetsujin 28

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: (Group) Ebisu Muscats
« Reply #6440 on: April 15, 2017, 01:12:57 PM »

I think, I read somewhere that Tsujimoto was "sick".

Can someone confirm that?

Offline ball7

• Member+
« Reply #6441 on: April 15, 2017, 01:44:37 PM »
^That picture of Ichy was posted on her agency's twitter feed, so the chances are it's work related. you know  :fap video.

I don't know about Tsujimoto, but two weeks ago she worked on something with Ichy.

BTW; has anybody heard the Muscat girls newest song Jumping Bee

Offline Moonlight

• Member+
  • Friendship + Sisterhood + Love = Muscats Family :)
« Reply #6442 on: April 15, 2017, 09:20:32 PM »
Here is one of the first video vlogs by Tia in Muscat's backstage (now with have a spy in the field), and also, a little preview for "Jumping Bee" single :)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 10:50:12 PM by Moonlight »

Offline ball7

• Member+
« Reply #6443 on: April 16, 2017, 01:03:43 PM »
-BS #34

Offline Tetsujin 28

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6444 on: April 16, 2017, 02:33:23 PM »
The big kanji on the flag are 大漁 たいりょう tairyou; which means 'big catch' (as in "a big catch of fish")

Offline kei_sensei

• Just an ordinary (Muscat) journalist
  • Member+
  • Writer. Journalist. MUSCATeer.
« Reply #6445 on: April 16, 2017, 04:01:09 PM »
This is the start of their BIG SEASON filled with live tours and concerts, like this

And also, let us greet two Muscats who are celebrating their bdays today...

Riri Kuribayashi

And Natsume Hanami

HAPPY EASTER!

Offline wbx

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6446 on: April 16, 2017, 05:17:45 PM »
Here is one of the first video vlogs by Tia in Muscat's backstage (now with have a spy in the field), and also, a little preview for "Jumping Bee" single :)

Sadly, she forgot to add subtitles

Offline ball7

• Member+
« Reply #6447 on: April 16, 2017, 05:22:02 PM »
[/URL]

From the concert in Hiroshima and afterwards on the journey home

Offline Tetsujin 28

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6448 on: April 16, 2017, 09:57:11 PM »

Kind of surprised they use the Shinkansen to get to Hiroshima.

I would have thought that flying was faster and cheaper than the Shinkansen.

When I lived in Japan, I loved travelling by Shinkansen (those trains are incredible) but it sure can get expensive!

Offline kei_sensei

• Member+
« Reply #6449 on: April 18, 2017, 09:18:49 AM »
A group make-up room pic of the girls

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #6450 on: April 18, 2017, 03:18:41 PM »
So Tsukasa lost the "slender" keyword on her recent AV's - hope she gets it back again soon.

Offline PhantomJin

• Listening to Japanese music and watching Pro Wrestling
  • Member+
« Reply #6451 on: April 18, 2017, 09:20:44 PM »

Kind of surprised they use the Shinkansen to get to Hiroshima.

I would have thought that flying was faster and cheaper than the Shinkansen.

When I lived in Japan, I loved travelling by Shinkansen (those trains are incredible) but it sure can get expensive!
Oh! I used the Shinkansen a lot too! We don't have trains like those here in my country  :)

And also, let us greet two Muscats who are celebrating their bdays today...

Riri Kuribayashi

And Natsume Hanami
Happy Birthday to both Hanami and Riri :twothumbs And wow! I didn't know Riri was a member of the Muscats too.

It is always fun to see some of Shine's artworks. I love his designs!

Class has just started! Let's study a lot with sensei Mai :inlove:

Offline kei_sensei

• Member+
« Reply #6452 on: April 19, 2017, 09:40:18 AM »

And wow! I didn't know Riri was a member of the Muscats too.

yep...4th Gen/Choito Era
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 09:45:23 AM by kei_sensei »

Offline kei_sensei

• Member+
« Reply #6453 on: April 19, 2017, 10:57:50 AM »
WE always have that side in our personality where we love animals...Like An over here

An: I like you all to meet my new friend.

Offline initial

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • T.I.N.T. state of mind
« Reply #6454 on: April 19, 2017, 08:28:29 PM »

Offline Tetsujin 28

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6455 on: April 20, 2017, 01:50:34 AM »
A trip down memory lane from the "SP!" series.

It's interesting to compare it to last night's episode.

The 2008-13 series seem so much simpler. This is just the Muscats having a 'bitching session', when they talk sh*t about each other.  :P

Kaho says she hates Sora's voice. Rion Sakamoto says wearing thong panties gives her ass a rash. Stuff like that.

Around the 11 minute mark Kaho makes fun of Yuma about her crying. And we see one of the very rare moments Yuma gets angry. :angry:

Yuma gives Kaho a look...a "Bitch, I'm gonna f**k you up!" look. I can only think of one other occasion when Yuma got angry on camera.

Is it just me, or do the 2008-13 episodes have a spontaneity that is lacking in the new episodes?

BTW, the girls are looking particularly good in this episode: especially Kawamura, Sakamoto, Yuma, and Acky.

(a bonus feature of the clip is when the camera does a close-up on Sora, you can see Nanako Kodama's cleavage just over Sora's right shoulder :D)

Offline remy_R

• Member+
« Reply #6456 on: April 20, 2017, 07:00:55 AM »
Is it just me, or do the 2008-13 episodes have a spontaneity that is lacking in the new episodes?
Yeah, finally someone pointed that out. I wanted to state that but I don't even know what I feel/am going to say. I think I have similar opinion to state  :lol:. I just sense them to be a little bit different than their predecessor. Something is bugging my mind since they (NG & OG) bear slightly different nuance. I might be wrong but I think the production team brings NG Ebisu Muscats into different direction and concept.

The OG seems more of a cheerful group with fun songs and so on but the new one seems to be more mature and serious? At least I think that way though  :lol:. SBH is one song that came closer to the original EbiMasu style and I would love to hear SBH-fun style songs coming in the future. TSN, on the other hand really brings new atmosphere to the legacy of 'EbiMasu'.

Now speaking about the TV variety show, I think NG EbiMasu brings too much time on Asagaya instead of the girls. We've discussed about this apparently. They should bring those 'background girls' to have their camera time, just like this week's episode where Ichikawa Masami got her segment along with Yume Kana and Tamori Misaki. I hope the crews are in process of repairing the 'mistakes' by not giving, at least almost, equal camera time. I don't know Japanese that well but I think just by watching the videos, the variety's style has been made to be in slightly different nuance as well. Probably to create that nuance, the script and 'internal rules' might be modified as well, Tetsujin.

But yeah, this is only me speaking, who don't really know about television or production house stuffs.  :lol:

BTW, DID RIREI REALLY LEAVE THE GROUP OR NOT??  :banghead:
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 08:18:21 AM by remy_R »

Offline kei_sensei

• Member+
« Reply #6457 on: April 20, 2017, 07:10:59 AM »
A trip down memory lane from the "SP!" series.

It's interesting to compare it to last night's episode.

The 2008-13 series seem so much simpler. This is just the Muscats having a 'bitching session', when they talk sh*t about each other.  :P

Kaho says she hates Sora's voice. Rion Sakamoto says wearing thong panties gives her ass a rash. Stuff like that.

Around the 11 minute mark Kaho makes fun of Yuma about her crying. And we see one of the very rare moments Yuma gets angry. :angry:

Yuma gives Kaho a look...a "Bitch, I'm gonna f**k you up!" look. I can only think of one other occasion when Yuma got angry on camera.

BTW, the girls are looking particularly good in this episode: especially Kawamura, Sakamoto, Yuma, and Acky.

(a bonus feature of the clip is when the camera does a close-up on Sora, you can see Nanako Kodama's cleavage just over Sora's right shoulder :D)

oh well, Sola's Yankee attitude and voice is almost intimidating for the new girls at that time (Take Anna for example). Kaho really pointed out Sola being bossy or whatevs (considering that Sola really wanted to make the girls felt her presence even if she is not the leader at that time). Gardarn, at that episode, Aika really talked crap to Sola more since she has more time to be with her than Kaho. Garsh, I miss these episodes to the point that you want to sub them badly.

The Thong-part was a butt-in since Zako...well..butted in. Yahagi even give her an advise: wear trunks similar to those MMA fighters wearing in PRIDE.

That Yuma's face...it is silent yet it says that she will slap you across the face. She can be a crybaby, but she can be a bad ass. (I think they talked about Yuma being a motivator)

They also talked about the Senpai-Kohai relationship between the girls, stating with Ayaka and Saemi. Love the part where Saemi is shouting "Senpai~!"

Offline Tetsujin 28

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6458 on: April 20, 2017, 08:53:45 AM »
Yeah, finally someone pointed that out. I wanted to state that but I don't even know what I feel/am going to say. I think I have similar opinion to state  :lol:. I just sense them to be a little bit different than their predecessor. Something is bugging my mind since they (NG & OG) bear slightly different nuance. I might be wrong but I think the production team brings NG Ebisu Muscats into different direction and concept.

The OG seems more of a cheerful group with fun songs and so on but the new one seems to be more mature and serious? At least I think that way though  :lol:. SBH is one song that came closer to the original EbiMasu style and I would love to hear SBH-fun style songs coming in the future. TSN, on the other hand really brings new atmosphere to the legacy of 'EbiMasu'.

Now speaking about the TV variety show, I think NG EbiMasu brings too much time on Asagaya instead of the girls. We've discussed about this apparently. They should bring those 'background girls' to have their camera time, just like this week's episode where Ichikawa Masami got her segment along with Yume Kana and Tamori Misaki. I hope the crews are in process of repairing the 'mistakes' by not giving, at least almost, equal camera time. I don't know Japanese that well but I think just by watching the videos, the variety's style is made to be in slightly different nuance as well. Probably to create that nuance, the script and 'internal rules' might be modified as well, Tetsujin.

But yeah, this is only me speaking, who don't really know about television or production house stuffs.  :lol:

BTW, DID RIREI REALLY LEAVE THE GROUP OR NOT??  :banghead:

Yeah, I'm the same as you, remy, I don't know enough about TV production to really know what's going on.

But, you're right, there is a different atmosphere about the new program.

It's hard to describe exactly what it is. :?

I think, there might a lot more input from the production team, than before.

I suppose, by the "SP!" series the girls had been working together for 4 or 5 years. They knew each other pretty well.

Perhaps, the production team trusted the girls to be able to fill 15 minutes with this kind of stuff.

Just turn on the cameras, and let them GO!  XD

The new program seems to have a lot more 'bits' focusing on one, or two ,or three girls than the 2008-13 program did.

The 2008-13 program had some (e.g. RIO news, Acky's fancy cooking, etc.), but not as many as the new program.

Watching that "SP!" clip, I really miss those girls: Aika, Airi (Nagasaku), Aino, Rina, Rika, Rion, Nanako, Ena, and Manami.  :cry:

Offline kei_sensei

• Member+
« Reply #6459 on: April 20, 2017, 07:35:53 PM »
I have a bit of knowledge in terms of Broadcasting and TV Producing (perks of taking up Mass Communications).

Like I stated a couple of months ago, any program relies on the Production crew, including its writers and researchers. For me, both OG and NG have good segments. I just need to give you guys some key points regarding it.

1. Consistency and Uniqueness: OG have these two elements on hand ever since Onegai. Their segments are consistent and able to connect it from one episode to the next. 'Scat Telephone can be an example and so is 'Scat News, where you gad different set of girls every week but some of them are connected. When it comes to uniqueness, I say that is their advantage. Kawaii Koshien might be an example since IDK if some idol groups did this. The production team also saw the uniqueness of the characters that is hiding inside every Muscat. Because of that fact alone, they are consistent in terms of allowing the girls to portray who they are. Take Sola for instance. Since she is the first leader, her character needs to be strict, yankee-like, dominant, yet spontaneous. Those features remain in Sola, hence she is known that way.

2. Impact: Going back to the Uniqueness aspect, the producers also use it to create impact for us, the audience...to make a lasting impression regarding that Muscat. From Yuma's "cry-baby" attitude to Ena K.'s "ghostly" appearance to An's shyness. This is so,mewhat the NG was lacking for, but they quite solved it slowly when MNF came. Impact may also be manifested depending on the episode or segment. Kaho's consistent quirkiness in O-oku, Risa's fiestiness in several Argument Queen. These is why we have that lasting impression of them throughout the years even they are graduated.

These elemets alone might help the NG in order to have an effecting MNF. I won't apply the block-timing scheme since it didn't affect the programming's content and delivery.

As for the hosting, like I said before, the twins are good in the sidelines and in BS. They add a bit of color in the programming for me ever since they first arrived during Onedari SP (the crying segment where they guested in). The twins are like OgiYahagi not in the sense that both of them are manzai combis, but they have different ways to tackle hosting the show in different facets. We also saw Okubo's good side in terms of being an MC in live performances in the OG.

Song-wise, for me, NG and OG have different styles. OG's style is different from NG's and vice versa, which is good. They didn't go away with the old school Muscat, hence they "adapt" and "repackage" it for the new fans who do not know the OG, or the existence of the OG. For me, it doesn't matter if the techno, loud and active "Tokyo Sexy Night" not the same as the peppy and jolly "BMHS." For me, both of them have the same magnitude, the same attitude, the same feel, but with different packaging.

We couldn't bring back Sola, or Yuma, or any OG member, but their lessons, dreams, and aspirations are in the NG now. It all depends on the producing team to unleash it. They have a chance in the form of MNF.

As for me who is a fan of the girls for quite a long time, I am not looking at the generations and their programming in the same specter. But rather looking at it as your "not-your-typical" Idol group and programming who has different styles.

I admit...I missed the old programming, and I am adapting to the new gen, and I regret of not knowing the Muscats ever since, but trust me, adaptation is quite handy in these days when you are confused.

Give the NG some time to know each other (well, they are now closely knit like OG) and the production team to imagine and research some stuff, call Kaho Kasumi, and ask her to be their head writer (or that is my wishful thinking  :lol:), but yeah, give them time. After all, the OG gave their blessings to them years back. All they need as support from us.

:)

(segway: boobies galore)

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: hitomi - yume hakonda randoseru