JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Yura Yura Teikoku - Konchuu Rock

Author Topic: (Group) Ebisu Muscats  (Read 1816578 times)

Offline PhantomJin

• Listening to Japanese music and watching Pro Wrestling
  • Member+
Re: (Group) Ebisu Muscats
« Reply #6460 on: April 20, 2017, 10:38:01 PM »
BTW, DID RIREI REALLY LEAVE THE GROUP OR NOT??  :banghead:
I can't tell for sure since I haven't seen any official source to confirm it. Shocking that they didn't announce her graduation on the official site. I really want to know too :?
I have a bit of knowledge in terms of Broadcasting and TV Producing (perks of taking up Mass Communications).

Like I stated a couple of months ago, any program relies on the Production crew, including its writers and researchers. For me, both OG and NG have good segments. I just need to give you guys some key points regarding it.

1. Consistency and Uniqueness: OG have these two elements on hand ever since Onegai. Their segments are consistent and able to connect it from one episode to the next. 'Scat Telephone can be an example and so is 'Scat News, where you gad different set of girls every week but some of them are connected. When it comes to uniqueness, I say that is their advantage. Kawaii Koshien might be an example since IDK if some idol groups did this. The production team also saw the uniqueness of the characters that is hiding inside every Muscat. Because of that fact alone, they are consistent in terms of allowing the girls to portray who they are. Take Sola for instance. Since she is the first leader, her character needs to be strict, yankee-like, dominant, yet spontaneous. Those features remain in Sola, hence she is known that way.

2. Impact: Going back to the Uniqueness aspect, the producers also use it to create impact for us, the audience...to make a lasting impression regarding that Muscat. From Yuma's "cry-baby" attitude to Ena K.'s "ghostly" appearance to An's shyness. This is so,mewhat the NG was lacking for, but they quite solved it slowly when MNF came. Impact may also be manifested depending on the episode or segment. Kaho's consistent quirkiness in O-oku, Risa's fiestiness in several Argument Queen. These is why we have that lasting impression of them throughout the years even they are graduated.

These elemets alone might help the NG in order to have an effecting MNF. I won't apply the block-timing scheme since it didn't affect the programming's content and delivery.

As for the hosting, like I said before, the twins are good in the sidelines and in BS. They add a bit of color in the programming for me ever since they first arrived during Onedari SP (the crying segment where they guested in). The twins are like OgiYahagi not in the sense that both of them are manzai combis, but they have different ways to tackle hosting the show in different facets. We also saw Okubo's good side in terms of being an MC in live performances in the OG.

Song-wise, for me, NG and OG have different styles. OG's style is different from NG's and vice versa, which is good. They didn't go away with the old school Muscat, hence they "adapt" and "repackage" it for the new fans who do not know the OG, or the existence of the OG. For me, it doesn't matter if the techno, loud and active "Tokyo Sexy Night" not the same as the peppy and jolly "BMHS." For me, both of them have the same magnitude, the same attitude, the same feel, but with different packaging.

We couldn't bring back Sola, or Yuma, or any OG member, but their lessons, dreams, and aspirations are in the NG now. It all depends on the producing team to unleash it. They have a chance in the form of MNF.

As for me who is a fan of the girls for quite a long time, I am not looking at the generations and their programming in the same specter. But rather looking at it as your "not-your-typical" Idol group and programming who has different styles.

I admit...I missed the old programming, and I am adapting to the new gen, and I regret of not knowing the Muscats ever since, but trust me, adaptation is quite handy in these days when you are confused.

Give the NG some time to know each other (well, they are now closely knit like OG) and the production team to imagine and research some stuff, call Kaho Kasumi, and ask her to be their head writer (or that is my wishful thinking  :lol:), but yeah, give them time. After all, the OG gave their blessings to them years back. All they need as support from us.
I see your point, kei_sensei. Good post. Also thanks Tetsujin 28 for the SP clip :twothumbs
Quote from: kei_sensei
(segway: boobies galore)
Heh, the girls sure do know how to be sexy. How about some Masami love? She was featured on Juicy Honey recently :inlove:

Offline ball7

• Member+
« Reply #6461 on: April 21, 2017, 12:44:52 AM »
You want sexy Ichy? I'll give you sexy Ichy.

Offline ball7

• Member+
« Reply #6462 on: April 21, 2017, 12:54:52 AM »
An Tsujimoto and Kana Momonogi:

« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 08:54:07 AM by ball7 »

Offline kei_sensei

• Just an ordinary (Muscat) journalist
  • Member+
  • Writer. Journalist. MUSCATeer.
« Reply #6463 on: April 21, 2017, 02:48:44 AM »
Re:RIRIE

I remember one thread saying that Ririe will focus more on her modelling first. This might sound true since she is in and out of the country due to the nature of her work.

Offline Moonlight

• Member+
  • Friendship + Sisterhood + Love = Muscats Family :)
« Reply #6464 on: April 21, 2017, 10:06:32 AM »
Yes kei & remi, Rirei is out from Muscats. Also, she edit her profile on twitter and bassically wish to have the same supporting fans on her new path... but, like you comment, it's really weird that production team don't post anything about her on the official account  :?

Related to the previous post, I agreed in that the OG Muscats were "wild" in many aspects; NG is more "relax". I think the staff needs to give more freedom to the girls. Seriously, all of them have interesting things to share in variety to make the show & group more funny.

They can use as advantege the momentun that Shiori, Maririn & Nanami are getting as solo artist, the previous experience as idols that Yua & Usa get few years ago, our "dancing machines": Miku, Yuki & Shiori as well can bring something fresh and wild to this generation (Yuki practice a lot with Miku in routines, and Shiori proof that she can slay in dancing). They all can help to build cool things on both sides.

The work is more careful with this Muscats generation, that's clear, especially in the musical releases (production) and promotions. While in the show they are playing in "safe mode". Maybe the different agencies (AV-Gravure) are involved in somekind of way too, don't know...In front of camera our girls are pretty and funny, but in backstages they are totally dorki & playfull. It would be glorious they managed to show that more on screen  :)   

« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 10:15:25 AM by Moonlight »

Offline ball7

• Member+
« Reply #6465 on: April 21, 2017, 10:32:47 AM »
My solution is:
Hand some of the girls a camera - chose a place and let them go wild.
They could visit - a restaurent, a carnival, go shopping or take a trip to the beach.

Offline kei_sensei

• Member+
« Reply #6466 on: April 21, 2017, 06:34:39 PM »
Yes kei & remi, Rirei is out from Muscats. Also, she edit her profile on twitter and bassically wish to have the same supporting fans on her new path... but, like you comment, it's really weird that production team don't post anything about her on the official account  :?

Related to the previous post, I agreed in that the OG Muscats were "wild" in many aspects; NG is more "relax". I think the staff needs to give more freedom to the girls. Seriously, all of them have interesting things to share in variety to make the show & group more funny.

They can use as advantege the momentun that Shiori, Maririn & Nanami are getting as solo artist, the previous experience as idols that Yua & Usa get few years ago, our "dancing machines": Miku, Yuki & Shiori as well can bring something fresh and wild to this generation (Yuki practice a lot with Miku in routines, and Shiori proof that she can slay in dancing). They all can help to build cool things on both sides.

The work is more careful with this Muscats generation, that's clear, especially in the musical releases (production) and promotions. While in the show they are playing in "safe mode". Maybe the different agencies (AV-Gravure) are involved in somekind of way too, don't know...In front of camera our girls are pretty and funny, but in backstages they are totally dorki & playfull. It would be glorious they managed to show that more on screen  :)

I agree with you. The line up are the greatest one yet. We have experienced ones (like those who are under Idol Groups before they entered Muscats), talented ones, and those who have great PR (Masami used to work in SOD as part of their PR work force while the likes of Yua, Asuka, Tsukasa, and Nanami might add some star power).

Better management is the key. With the ones mention by Moonlight, I am pretty sure that the other girls' talents may unleash in some other time with practice.

And as I stated again and again, the prod team NEEDS to have time for brainstorming and considering for the girls and for the fans.  :twothumbs

My solution is:
Hand some of the girls a camera - chose a place and let them go wild.
They could visit - a restaurent, a carnival, go shopping or take a trip to the beach.

1.) They use Twitter and blogs for that in case of their live tours and backstage shenanigans. OG also used that, but those are quite helpful in segments (e.g. 'Scat News)

2.) They might...for a PR boost....but for me, crowded places like a car show is much better.

Offline kei_sensei

• Member+
« Reply #6467 on: April 21, 2017, 06:39:40 PM »
Speaking of PR boost, here is another. The girls are on board in the Party Bus yet again to promote their new album. This is the second time they did this since the first for SBH

Offline kei_sensei

• Member+
« Reply #6468 on: April 21, 2017, 07:05:31 PM »
tomorrow is the day....

Aino Kishi is back in the MC seat for this year's DMM Adult Awards.

Offline kei_sensei

• Member+
« Reply #6469 on: April 21, 2017, 07:07:52 PM »
Tia also posted this one on YouTube

Offline PhantomJin

• Member+
« Reply #6470 on: April 21, 2017, 11:49:04 PM »
tomorrow is the day....

Aino Kishi is back in the MC seat for this year's DMM Adult Awards.
Nice to see the Muscats are taking part of the event. I'm cheering for Kirara here :twothumbs

The second vol. of Ebisuā˜…Muscats Trading Cards has arrived today from shipping :D I missed the chance of buying it while I was in Japan so I ended up importing it. As it was stated before, the girls featured in this set are: Shina, Ui, Kana Yume, Nana, Akino and Miku. The box is just as ridiculously expensive like the first vol. box was but it is still a nice collection item. This edition came with an extra-bonus card of Nana :)

I scanned some of the cards. Enjoy!

There are some large pictures too. Akino is sooo cute :inlove:

Offline kei_sensei

• Member+
« Reply #6471 on: April 22, 2017, 03:10:07 AM »
Gotta catch them all

Offline kei_sensei

• Member+
« Reply #6472 on: April 22, 2017, 03:54:44 AM »
This week's episode is brought to you by

and

(Promise, everytime YumeKana will cry, I play the MLG Sad Horn)

Also, do not let Tamori enter ye kitchen, guys. XD

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6473 on: April 22, 2017, 08:15:40 PM »
Looks like Tia has her own Youtube channel now? Here she is doing some challenges like eating a mixed up california roll in milk. Speaking in English too (and it's a cute accent)

Offline Tetsujin 28

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6474 on: April 23, 2017, 11:51:18 AM »
Watching the feed of the DMM Adult Awards 2017. Best Newcomer: Shoko Takahashi. No surprise there. That girl's sold some DVDs in 2016.

Kana Momonogi gets the 'Media Award'.

One strange thing...Haven't seen Tsujimoto. She not on stage with the Muscats.
Haven't seen her amongst the nominees either (she is nominated for best actress).

I think, Yua got best actress, so congratulations to her. Again, no great surprise. Like Shoko, Yua sold a hell of a lot of DVDs in 2016.

She's not the first ex-'48' girl to go into AV, and I don't think she will be the last.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 02:04:08 PM by Tetsujin 28 »

Offline kei_sensei

• Member+
« Reply #6475 on: April 23, 2017, 02:30:01 PM »
Watched it as well, Tetsujin.

Ebi*Masu performed as well. Great job to the leads, esp Akino and Mirei.

Yua Mikami is YOUR NEW Best Actress. She is also the first who received the Best Newcomer and Best Actresd in TWO CONSECUTIVE YEARS.

Also, after a three-year drought since her first nomination in 2014, Asuka Kirara nabbed the 2nd Highest Award: THE EXCELLENT ACTRESS AWARD. Even if it is not the Best Actress Award, that was enough for her.

CONGRATULATIONS!

And also, kudos to the fans who bring light sticks along.

Offline Moonlight

• Member+
  • Friendship + Sisterhood + Love = Muscats Family :)
« Reply #6476 on: April 23, 2017, 06:51:55 PM »
Another video vlog on Muscats backstage by Tia  :)

Offline PhantomJin

• Member+
« Reply #6477 on: April 23, 2017, 08:50:21 PM »
Watching the feed of the DMM Adult Awards 2017. Best Newcomer: Shoko Takahashi. No surprise there. That girl's sold some DVDs in 2016.

Kana Momonogi gets the 'Media Award'.

One strange thing...Haven't seen Tsujimoto. She not on stage with the Muscats.
Haven't seen her amongst the nominees either (she is nominated for best actress).
An is still unable to participate in any events due to her illness. She wrote a Tweet apologizing to the fans who wanted to see her. I wish her a quick and safe recovery :cry:
Watched it as well, Tetsujin.

Ebi*Masu performed as well. Great job to the leads, esp Akino and Mirei.

Yua Mikami is YOUR NEW Best Actress. She is also the first who received the Best Newcomer and Best Actresd in TWO CONSECUTIVE YEARS.

Also, after a three-year drought since her first nomination in 2014, Asuka Kirara nabbed the 2nd Highest Award: THE EXCELLENT ACTRESS AWARD. Even if it is not the Best Actress Award, that was enough for her.
Haven't seen it but if I'm reading correctly I think Miharu got an award too! I think it was called the Excellent Newcomer. Congratulations to our winners!

Offline ball7

• Member+
« Reply #6478 on: April 23, 2017, 09:29:05 PM »
Ichy didn't win anything this time, but she got a consolation prize in the form of a bunny.
Fitting for a AV event, since bunnies are the only ones who hump more than AV girls.

Offline ball7

• Member+
« Reply #6479 on: April 25, 2017, 10:37:20 PM »
Earlier today, An Tsujimoto and Riku Minato took part in a live twitcasting sesion. Which can be seen here: http://twitcasting.tv/s1_no1_style/movie/367364127.

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Yura Yura Teikoku - Konchuu Rock