JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Berryz Koubou - Sayonara Hageshiki Koi

Author Topic: Official FOOTBALL Thread  (Read 244237 times)

Offline BakHamNoi

• ecchi
  • Member+
Official FOOTBALL Thread
« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2005, 03:51:05 PM »
Wooooo  :w00t:

Zidane, Makelele and Thuram are back in the french team ! And they won 3 vs. 0 against the Ivory Coast !

Ok i'm very late -.-'

Offline amuse

• ecchi
  • Member+
Official FOOTBALL Thread
« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2005, 12:44:56 AM »
Never knew there was a foooooootball thread. Anyways here's the Champions League draw

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=340368&cc=5739

Group G seems like the group of death this time around :shock:
Quote from: hot_lilAzn
i named mine Man of steel becuz it\'s always hard as steel and hard lol :wink:

Offline BakHamNoi

• ecchi
  • Member+
Official FOOTBALL Thread
« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2005, 01:01:44 AM »
Quote from: amuse
Never knew there was a foooooootball thread

Woot ?! Better Like That

european footbal

Go to the first page first post !

Offline xDeviLx

• Secret!
  • Member+
  • Gocchin desu~
Official FOOTBALL Thread
« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2005, 07:29:20 AM »
Quote from: amuse
Never knew there was a foooooootball thread. Anyways here's the Champions League draw

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=340368&cc=5739

Group G seems like the group of death this time around :shock:

can't wait to see liverpool and chelsea  :D

..後藤真希の為に生き、後藤真希の為に死ぬ、それだけが望み。
"ごっちんかわいい"    ごっちん最高

Offline BakHamNoi

• ecchi
  • Member+
Official FOOTBALL Thread
« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2005, 06:30:20 PM »
Tonight

FRANCE vs. EIRE !!!!

OMG

FT Russia  0
Portugal  0

FT Czech Republic  4
Armenia  1

FT Finland  5
Macedonia  1

FT Latvia  1
Slovakia  1

FT Azerbaijan  0
Austria  0

FT Bulgaria  3
Iceland  2

FT Ukraine  0
Turkey  1

FT Malta  1
Croatia  1

FT Lithuania  0
Bosnia Herzegovina  1

FT Norway  1
Scotland  2

FT Faroe Islands  0
Israel  2

FT Belarus  1
Italy  4

FT Denmark  6
Georgia  1

FT Cyprus  1
Switzerland  3

FT Moldova  1
Slovenia  2

FT Poland  1
Wales  0

FT Belgium  8
San Marino  0

FT Hungary  0
Sweden  1

FT Northern Ireland  1

England  0

Offline BakHamNoi

• ecchi
  • Member+
Official FOOTBALL Thread
« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2005, 10:51:28 PM »
FRANCE 1 vs. 0 EIRE

Thierry Henry goal !!  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:

Offline BakHamNoi

• ecchi
  • Member+
Official FOOTBALL Thread
« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2005, 10:35:11 PM »
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Lyon 3  -  0 Real Madrid

Carew 21'  
Juninho  26'  
Wiltord 31'  

:w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:

French club > Spanish club

Offline BakHamNoi

• ecchi
  • Member+
Official FOOTBALL Thread
« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2005, 10:44:10 PM »
WOoooooooooo

FRANCE 4 vs. 0 CYPRUS

Zidane
Wiltord
Dhorasso (PSG powaa)
Giuly

France is qualified for the World Cup 2006 !!!

:w00t:   :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Official FOOTBALL Thread
« Reply #88 on: November 18, 2005, 03:39:45 PM »
Rika's favorite player, FC Barcelona's Ronaldinho has won France Football magazine's 2005 Ballon d'Or, or Golden Ball award, for European player of the year!

Offline Thimas X

• I eat Jailbaits for breakfast
  • Member+
Official FOOTBALL Thread
« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2005, 05:00:31 AM »
Miracle on grass?
By Dan Wetzel, Yahoo! Sports
December 9, 2005

Dan Wetzel
Yahoo! Sports Exclusive
You are either a soccernista, or you are tired of listening to one. You either are part of the full blown (and more sizeable than critics want to believe) cult of American soccer fans, or you have been getting badgered half your life by one of them about how you just don't get it.

In an event that clearly defines the two camps, the draw for next summer's World Cup was announced Friday. You either cared, grew concerned when the United States got put into one of the "Groups of Death" and wondered how we'd deal with three-time champion Italy – or you were more interested in Colts-Jaguars, Duke-Texas or if Roger Clemens is really retiring.

No matter how much the soccernistas preen around, no matter how arrogantly they dismiss non-fans for their lack of understanding, no matter how they discuss the Premier League like it is the AL East or call the NFL "American Football," the reality is that the majority of fans here just don't want to follow soccer.

Not only was Friday's draw not shown on network television, ESPN didn't even deem it worthy of preempting "NFL Live" and instead shoved it to ESPN2 right after the lumberjack competition.

That's reality. That's America. Just one thing and one thing only can change that.

ADVERTISEMENT
We win.

The soccernistas have been promising a tidal wave of interest in soccer to overwhelm the country for decades. All it was going to take was getting Pele to play in the Meadowlands back in the 1970s. Or having a generation of kids weaned who played in youth leagues to become adults. Or the World Cup coming here in 1994, or the MLS, or Mia Hamm, or Freddy Adu.

Or even a nice effort in a World Cup, like the U.S.'s quarterfinals appearance in 2002.

None of it has worked. In fact, none of it has come close to working.

Virtually every kid in the United States has kicked a soccer ball at one point or another. Suburban fields are overrun with the sport by both boys and girls. In cities, immigrants play on tennis courts and dead-end streets.

People love to play soccer in America. They know the rules. They've seen the game. They still don't care about it in big numbers.

And they won't unless we are contending to be the best. That means winning it all. We finished in the final eight at the last World Cup. The final eight! Not bad. But no one outside of the soccernistas is aware of this. No one even knows that the United States is any good at all. Ask a random guy on the street and he wouldn't know we even qualified, let alone the name of a U.S. player.

Just having people play the game means nothing. Virtually every American has played table tennis, but do you know anyone who follows the pro level of the sport, which in Asia is bigger than just about anything? Me neither.

It's because no American wins on the world level (not to mention it is a little silly watching grown men play Ping-Pong), but mainly we aren't going to watch foreigners play sports.

This is the USA, where being No. 1 is expected. We have the richest economy, the most powerful military and the most influential entertainment industry. Eighth place doesn't cut it. Moral victories are meaningless.

We, like most countries, enjoy the sports we are great at. Because we are America, we export them around the globe. Baseball is an international phenomenon. Basketball is the world's single-fastest growing sport.

"Basketball is my generation's soccer," said Lamar Odom at the Athens Olympics where U.S. pros finished third because other countries fielded better teams.

Odom is a bit ahead of himself. The July 9 World Cup final in Berlin is expected to attract a television audience of more than one billion people. Basketball can't do that. Yet. But that is the U.S. mentality. We have our games. The rest of the world can take it or leave it.

Winning the World Cup will change that. If the USA makes a deep run next summer (semifinals at least), the nation will be enraptured, Miracle on Ice style.

It might not be probable. But for a change, it is possible. Our team is better, more experienced and more determined. Our best young athletes may not play soccer – wouldn't Michael Vick or Allen Iverson make brilliant attackers? – but we undoubtedly have excellent talent and world-class training.

No longer should success be qualified. If U.S. soccer wants to be taken seriously, it needs to deliver serious results.

The draw, yes, is very difficult. Group E contains heavyweight contenders such as Italy and the Czech Republic, meaning the U.S. is going to have to beat a great team to advance to knockout play.

But it is telling that the U.S. has improved so much its group would likely be considered the "Group of Death." We are the Gonzaga of the World Cup, the nasty mid-major no one wants to face. The question is when do we become Duke?

"I think one year we will win the World Cup," U.S. midfielder DaMarcus Beasley told ESPN2.

The sooner "one year" comes, the better. It might not be 2006, but this team needs to prove that the 2002 quarters was a stepping stone, not a destination.

"I think the advantage that we have is that we've been through a fairly successful World Cup," U.S. manager Bruce Arena said. "(We need to) apply it to this time around. I think I've learned a few lessons."

They'll need them. The soccernistas can keep trying to tell the rest of the country about what they are missing, about how their sport – the world's sport – is the best one and about how 1-0 games are more exciting than you'd think.

But nothing has ever changed the minds of the masses. Not Pele. Not the World Cup final in L.A. Not a professional league. Not any amount of soccer snobbery.

Only winning works. Which is why it is time for the U.S. to make it happen.

Dan Wetzel is Yahoo! Sports' national columnist. Dan's new book, "Runnin' Rebel: Shark Tales of 'Extra Benefits,' Frank Sinatra and Winning It All" with coach Jerry Tarkanian, is on sale now.

Look for more Dan Wetzel commentary on the back of this month's Wheaties box -- available in stores now!

Send Dan a question or comment for potential use in a future column or webcast.

Updated on Friday, Dec 9, 2005 5:18 pm EST

i like this article

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Official FOOTBALL Thread
« Reply #90 on: December 10, 2005, 06:52:28 AM »
US Won't make it! The World Cup 2006 draw today, I like Brazil and Japan's matchups.

Offline BakHamNoi

• ecchi
  • Member+
Official FOOTBALL Thread
« Reply #91 on: December 10, 2005, 09:26:56 AM »
France has an easy group !!  :w00t:  

:P

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Official FOOTBALL Thread
« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2006, 07:58:11 AM »
LOL T! Korea will beat y'all!

Ronahdino gonna roll everyone up!

And wow, I just saw this Nike CM. AMAZING.

WATCH

Offline BakHamNoi

• ecchi
  • Member+
Official FOOTBALL Thread
« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2006, 05:22:58 PM »
Wahhh awesome Ronaldinho ahha :lol:
He was in Paris-St-Germain  :(

Manchester United 1.3 Manchester City

Ahah  :lol:  :lol:

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
Official FOOTBALL Thread
« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2006, 05:28:20 PM »
France is gonna go down in flames! :lol:

AND THE ONLY REASON MAN CITY WON IS BECAUSE MAN U DECIDED TO GO EASY ON THEM~

Offline BakHamNoi

• ecchi
  • Member+
Official FOOTBALL Thread
« Reply #95 on: January 14, 2006, 05:33:29 PM »
My pronostics are :

GROUP A:
1. Germany
2. Costa Rica

GROUP B:
1. England
2. Sweden

GROUP C:
1. Argentina
2. Netherlands

GROUP D:
1. Mexico
2. Portugal

GROUP E:
1. Italia
2. Czech Rep.

GROUP F:
1. Brazil
2. Japan

GROUP G:
1. France
2. South Korea

GROUP H:
1. Spain
2. Tunisia

Offline hellriser

• emo
  • Member+
Official FOOTBALL Thread
« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2006, 05:59:26 PM »
Arsenal beat Middlesbrough 7-0 in EPL
go Arsenal!

/me not an Arsenal's fan tho..

Offline BakHamNoi

• ecchi
  • Member+
Official FOOTBALL Thread
« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2006, 09:23:37 PM »
Yeah Frenc players doing great :P

Henry hat trick Arsenal vs. Middlebrough

And

Zidane hat trick with Real Madrid

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Official FOOTBALL Thread
« Reply #98 on: January 17, 2006, 08:43:46 AM »
Zidane is still playing? Will he be in World Cup 2006?

Anyone play EA Sports FIFA games? I got me World Cup 2002 and can't aim, even got me a game pad now  :evil:  :lol:

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
Official FOOTBALL Thread
« Reply #99 on: January 17, 2006, 10:15:39 AM »
Quote from: daigong
Zidane is still playing? Will he be in World Cup 2006?

Yup and yup. He's gonna retire after the 06/07 season.

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Berryz Koubou - Sayonara Hageshiki Koi